Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I loving love QOTSA and I'm super stoked for this. Like Clockwork was excellent — my second favourite album by them after Lullabies To Paralyse.

I'm one of the weirdos who really can't get into self-titled or Rated R that much.

New single sounds dope and I always like what Mark Ronson does :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Has anyone mentioned yet that the album title probably confirms that this new song played solo last year will likely be on the album? — Villains of Circumstance (song starts properly at about 1:28)

(Oh it'll probably be a full-band version on the album.)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I like the song!

Here's the album tracklist by the way:

1. "Feet Don't Fail Me" - 5:41
2. "The Way You Used To Do" - 4:34
3. "Domesticated Animals" - 5:20
4. "Fortress" - 5:27
5. "Head Like a Haunted House" - 3:21
6. "Un-Reborn Again" - 6:40
7. "Hideaway" - 4:18
8. "The Evil Has Landed" - 6:30
9. "Villains of Circumstance" - 6:09
Total length: 46:04

So yeah, only 9 songs sucks but at least the majority of them look like they'll be lengthy, sexy jams :h:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New Rolling Stone article/interview on the new album:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/josh-homme-on-queens-of-the-stone-ages-new-villains-lp-w490156

Features info about most of the songs and the influences of the album (including T-Rex, David Bowie and Cab Calloway)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm holding out!!

I've heard Un Reborn Again is the best track, is it true?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've resolved not to listen to the leak but I'm unsure if I want to even listen to that song yet. If I do there'll only be 7 new tracks for me on the 25th :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Matt Bellamy of Muse is pretty consistent at playing all his songs perfectly live and even adding more crazy embellishments. He's a terrible lyricist but still a great musician.

• Locked thread