Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm kinda surprised to see so many people down on this album. I love QotSA but most of their albums take a few listens to click for me, but this one grabbed me right away. Feet Don't Fail Me is a killer opener, too. One of my friends compared it to sounding like a mix of David Bowie and Marilyn Manson and I can kinda see what he's talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Era Vulgaris took the longest for me to warm up to, but I think I might like it more than Songs For The Deaf, which would put it right behind Like Clockwork for my favorite Queens album. The highs aren't as high, but I'm more likely to sit down and listen to the whole thing instead of skip around. I love the dirty, lo-fi, Desert-Sessionsy sound it has.

Speaking of, is there ever going to be another DS album? I miss those.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, I only just heard it today when I downloaded the album to my phone with Apple Music. It's weird they suddenly can distribute it, because I bought EV from iTunes and it didn't have it. I mean, that was ten years ago, but still.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
... river in the road is probably the best QotSA song. Great riffs and solid lyrics. Era Vulgaris is highly under appreciated.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Very sad my IPod with all the desert sessions albums on it died, but at least YouTube has bits of it.

https://youtu.be/QfWAipcQ__0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

algebra testes posted:

Yeah, some bands then have a discussion about what to play next, does the crowd want something slower or something harder and faster.

There was some goon on the forums who worked at a concert hall and was in his office one night while Pearl Jam planned out their first encore in the hall outside his office I think.

Yeah, if you look at set lists that bands go and get tape to the stage, a lot of the time the main show is plotted out precisely, and the encore is just “ENCORE”.

• Locked thread