Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I don't know, I loved SFTD, including it's production, but on Villains the guitar sounds so weak. Overall I think the album is pretty mediocre, like they forgot the fun. The last two songs are good though, especially The Evil Has Landed. I'll give it time to grow on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

There are loads of musicians who nail far trickier solos than Little Sister's live on a regular basis, they just tend to be in genres like jazz, prog or metal. Rock and pop put much more emphasis on composition over virtuosity anyway, I don't think anyone is listening to QOTSA or Nirvana because they want to be impressed by pure skill. Josh is still a very good guitarist of course, Kurt never was.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Cromulent posted:

It reminds me of those early 2000s garage rock bands

Yeah that's exactly the feeling I get too, though that's at least partly down to the thin guitar tone. At this point I definitely think it's their weakest since Lullabies, and second weakest overall.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I think I pretty much agree with that. The only other QOTSA album I skip tracks on is Lullabies though, so it's still a dissapointment to only have a few good tracks.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Play posted:

Era Vulgaris I just didn't put the effort to get into

EV is my favourite since SftD, you should give it another chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

No one ever mentions Run, Pig, Run but it's one of the best songs on the album IMO

• Locked thread