Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?


OOC Thread
Theme
Influence Sheet

Everybody
Its a few days after the catastrophe of a job, and you gained nothing from it. Even now, SHRINE still has increased patrols because of it. Currently everybody has been forced to hide out at Quetzalcoatl Jr's warehouse.

Rides at Midnight
The streets call out to you. The very air is thick with rage. Summer roadwork is in full swing at the moment, and traffic has crawled to a stop all over the city. There is a constant cacophony of angry horns. To make matters worse, its right in the middle of a heat wave. Tempers are short, and nobody is feeling too generous on the road.

Then there is you, forced to lie low in the warehouse for a few days while the heat dies down. You shouldn't be stuck in here. There are wrongs to right. Assholes to punish. In fact, as you look out one of the warehouse's windows, you can see some jerk ignoring the traffic cones, trying to cut ahead of the traffic jam. Going out at the moment would almost certainly be a terrible idea, but the city needs you now more than ever. What do you do?

White Wolf
Somebody has been the scoping the warehouse out. At first, you thought it might have been a member of SHRINE preparing for an all out assault on the base, but you quickly realize that isn't the case. You're pretty sure they would choose a more subtle disguise than a fake pompadour wig and goatee. Also, they wouldn't be holding their newspaper upside down. When you get a good look at them, you realize its Tenkawa Hayate? Why would he be here? How did he even find out your location? Tenkawa looks around nervously, and then quickly takes off his disguise. He walks up to the warehouse and knocks on the door.

Before you can stop them, one of Quetzalcoatl's cultists opens the door. After exchanging a few words with him, they guide him inside to you. The cultist looks anxious. Tenkawa greets you, "Hello Hiken. Interesting place you've got here. Although knowing what you are, its not surprising." He leans in close, and whispers "Don't try and hide it. I've figured it out. You are actually a ninja. If you don't want the secret to get out, you'll have to join the Judo team."

Weaver

You step into the little cafeteria of the warehouse to get something to snack on, but somebody is already there. Its a tiny old man. It looks like he has emptied out the contents of the refrigerator, and is having himself a little feast. A surprised look appears on his face when he sees you, "Who are you? How did you get into my house? GET OUT OF HERE!" He stands up angrily. He starts marching towards you, but then stops. He leans forward and gets a closer look at your face. Instantly, he calms down. "Oh, its you. Why didn't you say so? Come, come, have a seat. Have some tea if you want." The man acts as though he recognizes you, but you have never talked to him in your life. His face seems familiar though. Suddenly it dawns on you, the old man is the Nurarihyon , an old friend of your mother. The man speaks, "So, I got the thing you asked for. Let me tell you it was no easy task. You can pick it up at the locker H-12 near the Makano Station. Be careful about the seal on it." He hands you a key. "I assume that you already finished your task. Its essential that its done before the parade starts." He quickly finishes his cup of tea, and then starts to wander off.

Fluffy the Terrible
Trapped. How did you get in this situation? Sure the job went badly, but you still don't understand how it ended up like this. You actually managed to escape from SHRINE despite there being a few close calls. So how did you end up confined to this room for the past few days? A noise. The person who is keeping you trapped here approaches. The door opens, and in steps....your mother. "Look, I know you probably think this is unfair, but I've grounded you for your own good. You've got to be more careful. The people in SHRINE are serious business, and you could've gotten hurt. I do this because I love you. Now, I think you've been grounded long enough, but before you go I have a question. Have you learned your lesson?" She gives you a look, a look that says she won't say anything if you give the wrong answer, but she will be disappointed in you if you do.

Jinx
"Come on, hurry up little lady. We are almost there." Flint Westwood had managed to convince you to go on a shopping expedition with him. He is supposed to be confined to the warehouse, but he absolutely insisted that you take him to a store to pick up some ingredients. You must admit its quite nice to get out of the warehouse, since you've been hiding out with the others. Your boss ordered you to do so, because it would be suspicious otherwise. He assured you that he would come up with a good excuse for your parents. Flint's Bar-B-Que cooking was just about the only good thing about about past few days, so it wasn't that difficult for him to persuade you.

There is something odd about where he is taking you though. All you see is a bunch of bars around. You don't see any places where you could buy ingredients. Flint seems to be confident about where you are going though. As you turn around a corner, someone cries out to you. Its your boyfriend, Kai. "Hana is that you? I thought your parents said you were at secretary camp. Why haven't you been picking up your phone?" He notices Flint, "And who exactly is he?" Flint upon hearing that steps forward, "Oh don't mind me. I'm just one of her co-workers. Its obvious you guys have some things to discuss, so I'll leave you two alone." He hurries off before you can stop him. Once he is gone, Kai looks at your head, "And uh what is with the cat ears?" An unreadable expression quickly flashes across his face, before he suppresses it. "I didn't realize you were into that sort of thing."

Quetzalcoatl Jr.
All alone, you nervously pull out the panties, trying to see if there is anything about them that could identify its owner. Of course, there is still nothing. You hear a door open. Quickly, you hide the underwear before somebody can see them. Theodore walks in. "Uh, Divine One please excuse my impertinence, but I happened to hear you talking to yourself the other day, and I know about your...problem. I think I have a solution to it. You want to find out who owns a particular item right? Have you considered turning it into a Tsukumogami? Then you could just ask it directly about who owns it. Apparently, any item can become a helpful Tsukumogami if you love and take care of it for a long time." He pauses, "And you're a god right? Back when I was a Christian and went to church, they were always talking about god's divine love and how great it is. I bet you any money a god's love is extra potent. You could probably transform it super fast." He looks nervous for a second, "its just a suggestion though."

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 14:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

Despite the massive setbacks following our disastrous infiltration mission, I've found watching my comrades-in-arms to be very entertaining. You'd think that they'd never needed to lay low before. Or spend days staking out and monitoring a target. Well, I suppose most of them haven't. Rides and Jinx seem to be taking it the hardest, though Fluffy is nowhere to be seen. Weaver and Coatl seem to be holding together better than the rest. Though... The latter has been acting odd, recently. Even for a winged-snakeman-slash-deity. Just the other day I was walking by his room and I figured I'd check in. It's a poor squad that lacks in cohesion, of course, so it was merely professional courtesy. Maybe a little curiosity too. He's... different. I haven't met many like him. Or any, really. When I knocked on his door I swear it sounded like he dove across the room and slammed something into a closet or something. It was a little curious.

If it weren't for our incredibly unsubtle observer, I would have followed up before now. I've spent about as much time as he spent watching the warehouse watching him. Yet, even so, I must admit that the observer ending up being Tenkawa-san of all people caught me off guard. I'm honestly a little impressed that he managed to find this place. I don't know what to do with him now that he's here, though. The smart play would be to remove him. He's clearly not capable of elaborate deceptions or, really, any deception. He thinks I'm a ninja. I mean, I think there are some taijutsu techniques worked into my style, but... I'm a covert operative. That's wildly different. Just totally unrelated to being a ninja. Not even in the same ballpark.

Still... I can't eliminate him. He's far too popular at school. His absence would undoubtedly endanger my interests there. Instead, I need to trick him. With words. Let's see: he thinks I'm a ninja and, further, thinks that he can leverage that to ensure my participation on the team. I don't honestly mind the idea, assuming I can hold back enough to avoid compromising my identity, but I'm not about to allow him to think he can simply force me to do so. That would cause all sorts of problems down the line. Yet... Hm. If he is convinced that this is my secret and doesn't investigate further... that could be advantageous. How can I unify the two...? Ah, of course!

I finally sigh and say, "...Tenkawa-san. Do you realize the position you've put yourself in? If my superiors hear that you've compromised my identity..." I pause to let him imagine all sorts of horrifying fates, then continue, "You only have one option. You must beg them for your life and their forgiveness. Do you know Hana Koizumi? She is in my class and..." I lower my voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "She, too, is a ninja of my clan and is my direct superior. If you wish to gain my clan's skills for your team, you will need to convince her. Words are useless in the dark world I live in. Only actions are worthwhile. So, in essence, I cannot act without her participation in the team, no matter what you threaten me with."

I do feel sorry that I've unleashed Tenkawa-san on such an average high school girl, but such is the villainous path I walk. She seems quite busy lately. I doubt I'll have to worry about him successfully convincing her to join the judo team. Perhaps I will offer her a gift of baked goods at a future date to make up for it. Does she like curry bread? I do, but I suppose the point of a gift is not to give them something that I like. My observations so far are inconclusive as to her preferences. I'll need to pay particular attention to her food choices in the coming days... Once the heat's died down, anyways.

quote:

@White Wolf (Tricky): 2d6+2 Can Hiken bamboozle Hayate with ninja misdirection?? (Distract) = (1+4)+2 = 7

He buys it, at least for now, and Hiken successfully redirects his attention to Jinx Hana Koizumi!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

Rides was drifting in circles on the warehouse floor. And had, in fact, been for several hours now, causing a horrid screech as it burned its mark on the building in frustration.

"Asinine cowards", it stated, sharply and angrily "We hide akin to base vermin in some loathsome godling's abode, as if humans were something for us to be afraid of. Do they inspire fear in you? Are you truly so meek?"

For a moment, Rides stopped moving, engine idling aggressively as buffs of flame billowed from its wheels, akin to a huff. "No more. I refuse to shy away from my purpose just because you sorry lot feel it necessary to veil away your ineptitudes like scared children. The road calls to me. AM I CHALLENGED!?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Not Coatl's Warehouse

"Yes, mom." Fluffy replies, somewhat uncomittingly. "I still think it was the right thing to do, honestly. SHRINE needs to be stopped. But... I am not about to pretend I'm wiser than you. I'll trust your judgement."

She walks out of the room, and retrieves her gear. "But... I do appreciate the concern."

After that, she disappears from the scene through a window, making her way back to the warehouse in a human disguise.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 17:52

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be

"Uh, are you sure this is the place, Westwood-san? There's an awful lot of bars around here... nyah?"

I'm... not sure if I should even be here? Isn't this a place for adults? Well, Westwood-san is an adult (I think), and he looks pretty confident, so maybe he knows of a good shopping location around here.

Wait, is that... Kai!? Oh on oh no oh no oh no! What is he doing here?! Okay, okay, don't panic, maybe he hasn't recognized me ye- Nevermind. He called me out by my first name. He recognizes me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Secretary camp? Secretary camp!? That's the best excuse my boss could come up with!? Is that... is that even a thing!? Oh Goooooooooood, it's over! This is it for me! I'm finished! I might as well kiss whatever social life I had left goodbye! I- Wait, cat ears? That's right! Cat ears! I'm still wearing my disguise!

"Uh, I... think you might be mistaking me for somebody nya-else, nyah!" I say in a high pitched voice, "I don't know who this Hana is, nyah! My name is Jinx, and I'm a Nekomata, nyah!" I strike the best cat-girl pose I can, "Sorry I'm nyot you're friend, nyah! Oh! Maybe that's her over there, nyah!?" I point in a random direction that's away from us.

Please fall for it, please fall for it, please fall for it, please please please please please please.

quote:

@Jinx (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 distracting the boyfriend = (4+5)+1 = 10

Kai is fooled for the moment, and I choose to redirect his attention away from me, and to confuse him for some time.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.




Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: His Own Room

Quetzalcoatl took a few steps towards Theodore, looking him dead in the eye as he approached. "I thank you for your advice, Theodore." His lips part downwards in a frown, revealing row after row of sharp fangs, "But I must inform that, as Your God, I've already ruled out that possibility." He placed his large hand on Theodore's shoulder, and gently-yet-firmly guided him towards the door. "Now, if you could please keep quiet about the, uh, special object I've acquired, that would be most appreciated." The moment Theodore is through the threshold out of his room, Coatl steps back and begins to close the door. "Have a most bless'd day, Theodore."

click as the door closes, and click again as Coatl turns the lock. He continues to look at the door, upset visible on his face. Because,

...

Because...

...

Because why hadn't he thought of that himself!? Of course! Just animate the drat thing and ask it who last wore it! Well, who last wore it properly, to rule out Spyglass's little ritual. Then could he learn who owned the panties, return them, and get them out of his life! Coatl walked to his closet and pulled out the troublesome red underwear. With both hands, he lifted it above his head, "I love you."

Nothing.

"I love you!" Just a little louder.

Still nothing.

Coatl took a deep breath in, preparing for a shout that would echo throughout the city, "I---!!" No, no, nope. Couldn't do it. Not in the Warehouse when there were not only his cult members, but his teammates as well. Coatl threw the panties n the ground, "drat you! Why don't you accept my love?" The panties did nothing. He bent down, picked them up, and folded them into a neat square. "How do you show your love to an object?" He asked the empty room. There was no reply. With a sigh, Coatl put the folded red panties back into his closet.

It was frustrating, he knew what he had to do, but not how to do it. He stepped out of his room; a walk would clear his head. Now, he needed to show the panties his love, so how did the people in his life show him their love? By... baking food? That wouldn't work. Building a pyramid? Actually, that might just work...

His thoughts were interrupted by the revving of an engine. Ugh, Rides was making a fuss again. If the motorcycled loved the road so much, why didn't he marry it. Wait... Wait! A spark of insight flashed through Coatl's mind. The older Yokai was quite the passionate fellow, right? So he'd probably turned several, uh, stop signs into Tsukumogami by accident before! Plus, Rides was by far the least likely of the crew to do the owner of the red panties, so he would naturally be the least suspicious. A wild, toothy grin appeared on Coatl's face, this was the perfect opportunity.

"Hey! Rides!" Coatl waved a hand and starts to walk towards the roaring motorcycle over the long warehouse floor, "What're you roaring about? Want to go outside? Haha, I think everyone feels that way." All of Coatl's teeth showed as he smiled widely, "But maybe it's a bit different for you, right? Like, some people like to go places. I like going to the docks, you know. But for you, isn't it more like... you love the road itself?" Coatl shakes his head, as if genuinely confused, "Or maybe you've found something out there that you love? I don't know, but it must be hard in here, all couped-up with no way to express yourself."

Piercing Rides At Midnight's Mask! Rolling +1 thanks to Quetzalcoatl's influence on him!

quote:

/roll 2d6+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:33 PM
@Coatl (Scrree): 2d6+1 = (3+6)+1 = 10

Asking these three questions:

What weakness are you hiding?
What do you care about most right now?
How could I get your character to share an experience of love??

"Like, during the mission, I heard you went and chased another Yokai around. Gave her a good fright, hah! Is that how you like to focus your lov--" Coatl fumbled a bit, he had to be subtle, drat it! "Spend your time?"

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2017 around 21:48

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Warehouse Cafeteria

It’d been a tiring past few days. First, there was the mess of our first attempt at an united front. Then, there was dealing with the aftermath of that affair, maneuvering around the now very alert S.H.R.I.N.E without being caught. Finally, there was having to settle for this… less than welcoming abode. Oh, it was secure, there was no some doubt about that. But it was hardly the sort of place I cared to dwell within for long. Common spiders settled for dark and gloomy caves. Jorōgumo were meant for higher callings. Yet for now, there was little choice but to accept that we must lay low for a time. How depressing.

Though hunger drew me to the cafeteria, it felt somewhat shameful to be picking after scraps on my own like this. What could one do when nature called, however? Everyone needs to eat. It would have been preferable to be fed instead, but alas. Devoted as they claimed to be, I was hesitant to rely on Coatl’s cultists. Or perhaps, it was because of their devotion that I was wary to call upon them. Hard to convert one who has already been converted. Regardless, it was with a great deal of surprise that I met the Nurarihyon rummaging through our supplies, although I mask it quickly. Of all the places the old one could have chosen to intrude on, he chose our warehouse? How frustrating.

But frustration turns to interest as he passes a locker key, having seemed to mistake me for our Esteemed Mother. Now that was a first. Mistress Yao often compared the two of us, most certainly. Yet to be able to deceive a figure like the Nurarihyon, without any effort on my part even? I would have to keep that fascinating detail in mind, as it could be put to great use indeed. Including right now, as a matter of fact. With unnatural grace, I slide into view of the Nurarihyon as he begins to walk away, catching his eye. This had to be done carefully, I thought, lest the mask slip. Slowly, I said,

“Must you be in such a hurry to leave, old friend? Are we merely business partners now, that we exchange necessities, but not pleasantries? The tea is still warm, so surely you might stick around for another cup or two? I imagine it was most difficult to acquire this key, as you yourself have said. Perhaps we could chat, amuse ourselves with how we managed to pull of our respective tasks…”

quote:

Weaver (TheFireMagi)-Today at 5:16 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Can Weaver Provoke the Nurarihyon into divulging more about her supposed mission???
SidekickBOT-Today at 5:16 PM
@Weaver (TheFireMagi): 2d6+2 Can Weaver Provoke the Nurarihyon into divulging more about her supposed mission??? = (1+5)+2 = 8

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

Sparks flew as Rides-At-Midnight ground to a stop in front of the young god, exhaust puttering out brimstone as the engine growled.

"Fool", it begun, in its charming way, "You speak of others thinking of freedom and the road, as if their experience is in any way comparable to mine. Yet this is not so. Understand: Freedom is an integral part of my being, without it I am NOTHING, for a raging inferno contained is an oxymoron. To say I 'like' freedom, to say I 'love' the road, is to be fundamentally wrong about my nature. Indeed, to equate what constitutes me to such feeble terminology is almost akin to an INSULT!"

Rides rolled forward a bit, rather aggressively, tires billowing flame.

"Do you seek to insult me then, Godling? Do you seek to chastise me for what happened earlier? Do you truly think such a thing is within your power?"

The spirit came even closer for a while, before suddenly backing off and starting to skid in rings again.

"The fire spreads where there is kindling. And Kabuki -who is a human by the way- was tinder most fine, a far more deserving target for my attentions that the soggy slop of a plan offered to me by the Jorōgumo."

Rides stopped in front of Quetzalcoatl again, clearly agitated.

"Do you disagree? Do you think you can talk down a fire? If such hubris exists within your loathsome hide, I then state again: I mean to take my freedom."

"AM"

"I"

"CHALLENGED?"

quote:

What weakness are you hiding?

Rides-At-Midnight personifies a wild sort of freedom, as much as it does rage. And since it is a spiritual manifestation of the concepts that make it, stripping it of its freedom can actually make it physically weaker to a degree. Rides will, of course, fight against such an outcome very hard.

quote:

What do you care about most right now?

Rides is frustrated by its de-facto imprisonment. Conspiring with it towards its freedom would be a good way to gain some actual kudos. Maybe it'll even dislike you a bit less if you were to commit to such a thing.

quote:

How could I get your character to share an experience of love??

Disclaimer: Rides is a metaphysical manifestation of some rather unwholesome concepts. Any love it might have had is bound to be a somewhat unhealthy sort of affair. Then to the business. To get Rides to go into detail about its personal relationships, you need to get it to trust you, just like with people in general. A more specific thing you could do, even though there might also be others: don't be the snively rat who bums in a warehouse and lazes on the expense of mortals, show some respectability and actual backbone in some rather major way while Rides is present. Then it might go into the sort of detail you want.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.




Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Warehouse

First of all, Quetzalcoatl took off his jacket.

Large, broad shoulder. Scaled skin. bright tan in the front, verdant green in the back. But most strikingly -- the wings. Uncurling, unfurling, huge, reaching out far beyond his arms, almost beyond measure. And they glow, they glow with a terrifying, alluring, ever-shifting array of colors.



"Like, I get you, I think." and with a short hop and a loud woosh of his wings flapping, Coatl enters the air. "I was hatched here. I understand the need to break out, to just, go. But I'm a god, I've got responsibility, you know? Maybe you don't. That's the difference between us, I guess."

And with another flap of his wings, he flies up and over the great, aztec-style pyramid the leader of His Cult has been building for the past five years. Only slightly more than halfway complete, the structure has no top, it's ramp ending in a sudden dead end. "But at the same time, Rides. At the same time -- I think what you said is kind of small, right? Like, you don't love the roads, you are the roads?" Coatl let out a short, sharp bark of laughter, "Ha! My man, the world is so much bigger than the roads. It's the fields, it's the sea, it's the skys!"

And with a mighty woosh of his wings and a push of his arms, Coatl pushes upwards into and through the roof.

Hovering directly over the new hole in the roof, over the half-finished pyramid and the half-ramp that adorns it, Coatl shouts into the warehouse, "So yeah! I challenge you! Ramp this motherfucker so hard no one can even TELL where you came from, and take to the skys! That's true FREEDOM, not your roads! Not your stop signs and your GODS-DAMNED CROSSWALKS!" Seriously, why did a God have to wait for a little green signal to cross the street? It's absurd. "Come on, Rides! I challenge you!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: THE SKY

For a moment, just for a moment, Rides-At-Midnight was... rather silent. As if in thought. Then it laughed a loud, violent, explosive sort of laugh, before starting to speak.

"You would challenge my bid for freedom by offering freedom of different sort? Perhaps you did not totally understand what I was asking, which I suppose makes sense from a foreigner" Rides started driving in circles again, "Yet it matters not, for your idea is pleasing to me", it gathered even more speed, more and more, before starting to move in a wide curve to ramp off the pyramid.

"Yet one thing remains, that I must do before I depart..."

Rides jumped the ramp.

And hit the floating god straight in the middle of his waist, bending him over its front.

"And that is to take my passenger, for it is A COWARD WHO INCITES, BUT DOES NOT PARTAKE!"

"Prepare yourself!"

****

There was a small sigh, as Max Bullet gazed upon the duo as they left for the sky like a rocket, the explosion sudden and loud enough that it must have rattled every window in a radius of several blocks.

It was going to be one of those days, that was to say.

He stubbed his cigarette in the ash tray, grabbed a banana, and faded into the ethereal.

quote:

SidekickBOT: @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6+2 Rides-At-Midnight Juggernauts into the sky, out of reach, to harass sunday pilots with poor piloting practice before falling down in the countryside somewhere = (6+5)+2 = 13

It's time for a joyride boyo, hold on tight

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 00:28

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

White Wolf
Tenkawa eyes open wide in shock, "Hana? She is a ninja, too? But she is so quiet and ordinary......But wait, of course she is! Its the perfect cover, nobody would ever suspect her of being a ninja. I should have seen it sooner. I thought it was weird when Kai mentioned she went off to secretary camp. She's really at your hidden village isn't she? Oh, but you wouldn't be able to answer that, would you? I think I know what I can do to prove myself. Well, I better get going then." He starts to walk away, but then turns back, "Mark my words, you WILL be joining the judo team." He smiles, and runs off.

Just as you are closing the door, you feel the ground shake, and hear the loud noise of glass shattering and metal tearing. Its coming from inside the warehouse.

Weaver
The old man looks confused at your question. "Huh, did you have a problem completing the task? It should have been quite simple for you." Comprehension dawns on his face, "Oh I know, it was that Kappa, Taro, wasn't it? Yes, that one is quite particular in his tastes, but he is the only one that had the book you needed." He looks down at the tea cup, "Hmmm, perhaps I could have another cup or two, but I do need to be somewhere...." He stands there trying to decide what to do. Then the explosion happens.

Dazed and confused you get up from the floor, your ears still ringing. The Nurarihyon is nowhere to be seen, he must have wandered off. There is a more pressing issue at the moment though, the explosion came from inside.

Fluffy the Terrible
You are almost back at the warehouse with it just coming into sight, when you hear a loud booming noise. Immediately afterwards, something silver streaks through the sky. You can't tell what it was. You hear someone running behind you. They stop next to you, its Tsukomi Yamada, the person always chasing after White Wolf. Not realizing who you are, they start talking to you, "Did you see that? It had to be an UFO right? Please, tell me you saw that. I might finally have the proof that an alien invasion is imminent." The staff she is holding suddenly shines with a bright light and your fox ears re-appear, "Wait a second, I know who you are. You're Fluffy. You work with White Wolf. Where is she?" She grips the staff tightly and takes an aggressive pose.

It looks like you are in for a fight. Right now, it looks like you are going to have to fight alone. However, you think it might be White Wolf standing in the doorway of the warehouse, and is that Jinx coming back from her errand?

Jinx
Kai laughs, "Oh, I'm sorry about that. Its my mistake. What was I thinking, Hana wouldn't be caught dead wearing cat ears." He glances at your ears, "Uh, not that there is anything wrong with cat ears. I'll let you get on with what you were doing." He walks off in the direction you pointed to.

Meanwhile, Flint is nowhere to be found. Hopefully he will turn up later, but at the moment it appears that your only option is to head back to the warehouse.

If you do decide to head back you'll arrive just in time to see Fluffy being harassed by Tsukomi

Rides-At-Midnight and Quetzalcoatl Jr.
Rides-At-Midnight crashes through the roof, bits of metal and glass raining down upon the both of you. It does little to slow him down though, and he continues to fly through the air at a ridiculously high speed. Below you, the ground is a blur. The grey of the city is being replaced with the green of the country. However, all too soon Rides-At-Midnight's ascent starts to turn into a descent. The ground is rapidly approaching. Things are about to get painful. Just before you crash, you notice a couple JSDF jeeps heading towards your position. They won't get there right away, but you'll need to do something about them.

Both of you take a powerful blow, if you don't fall unconscious you can make another move.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 17:54

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.




Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Warehouse


"AHHHHHHH!" Trapped on the front wheel of a demonic motorcycle, this was not how Coatl expected to be spending his evening. "We're falling! The ground, the ground is!!" He struggled to get free, to let his wings soar wide, but --

quote:

Coatl (Scrree) - Today at 1:54 PM
/roll 2d6+0 #Let's go Let's go
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:54 PM
@Coatl (Scrree): 2d6+0 Let's go Let's go = (1+1)+0 = 2
Coatl (Scrree) - Today at 1:55 PM
THAT BLOW IS TANKED, SON.
Taking a Powerful Blow! Marking Curses!

Coatl hit the ground, he bounced, his rough hide absorbing the impact with minimal scratching. He had been lucky, and pushed away from Rides just in time. If the pair of them had tangled been tangled together, the impact would've been a lot worse for both of them. Coatl stood up and shook the dirt from his pants. "Haha, hah!" An exhausted, forced laugh. "That was cool, Rides, real cool. You definitely met my challenge, but..."

He began to walk over to the motorcycle, wild grin on his face, "Now it's time to meet my challenge, yeah. Let's see if you..." and in a single leap, vaulted on top of the vehicle, "Can throw me off!"

...

quote:

Coatl (Scrree) - Today at 2:00 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Coatl provokes RIdes At Midnight to Let Him On
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:00 PM
@Coatl (Scrree): 2d6+2 Coatl provokes RIdes At Midnight to Let Him On = (1+1)+2 = 4
Failure! Marking Curses

...

Silence. An odd silence, given how talkative -- oooooh. Oh, poo poo.

The motorcycle Coatl had jumped on wasn't Rides at Midnight. It was just a random motorcycle.

"GODS DAMMIT!" The young god raged, pushing the motorcycle off balance and knocking it down. "Rides!? Where are you?" Coatl takes a look around, finally taking stock of his situation. drat, those jeeps were getting pretty close, too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Not Coatl's Warehouse


"Hmm? Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying that close attention. An UFO, though? Don't you think that's a little bit far fetched?" she answers the girl, with not the slightest hint of ridicule in the voice. Why did this girl seem so familiar?

"Wait, alien invasion?!" she asks, shocked. "The government prepared for that, right?"

And then suddely, her staff glows, and she can feel her illusionary form fade. And finally, it came to her. "Ohhhh! I get it. You're White Wolf's overly attached girlfriend, right? Sorry to disappoint you, dear. I had some family business, so I actually wasn't around."

Finally noticing her fighting stance, she still refuses to take the Shrine Maiden seriously.

"Wait, are you two having a lovers quarrel? Please do not involve me in that..." she jokes, as she turns into her fox form. Dashing forward, she bites Tsukomi's ankle, causing her to lose grip on the staff. With a leap, she snatches up the staff in her jaw and darts off into the distance.

"Sorry about that!" she says, as she disappears into the distance. "I'll make sure to donate to your shrine later!"


quote:

Fluffy (Yami Fenrir) - Today at 8:02 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Fluffy bravely runs away!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:02 PM
@Fluffy (Yami Fenrir): 2d6+2 Fluffy bravely runs away! = (4+2)+2 = 8
Revealing something Fluffy absconded with: Tsukomi Yamada's magical staff!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: THE GROUND

As Quetzalcoatl fumbled about, a deep sort of rumble could be heard, emanating from the ground itself, growing louder and louder until finally, Rides-At-Midnight exploded from from underneath the flaming crater the two had created, simmering and charred pieces of grass and dirt flanking the spirit as it appeared, stereos (of course Rides would have stereos) blaring a tune as it did.

It seemed completely unharmed.

quote:

SidekickBOT: @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6 PROVE THAT THE GROUND IS NO MATCH FOR YOU, RIDES-AT-MIDNIGHT! = (2+1) = 3
Marking Curses!

"A fine choice of vehicle, godling", it spoke in its deep tones, apparently having missed the god's improper suggestion, "You shall need it, for our journey has just started. Now pick it up and follow me", Rides' mere presence seemed to breath life to the forgotten motorcycle's engine, "For our journey has just begun."

Rides revved, new, excited flame wreathing its tires as it picked up speed.

"Come! For now we must RIDE!"

quote:

SidekickBOT: @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6+1 The road trip continues as Rides Absconds = (6+6)+1 = 13

As my choice, I choose to take Coatl with me away from this situation as we go on a cool road-trip to harry and confuse the JSDF as they chase us, hopefully with continually escalating force for style. However, this ONLY APPLIES if he plays along and rides the motorcycle instead of flying or something, in that case he'll get to be all alone with his hard move

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 18:40

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

Almost as soon as I successfully send Tenkawa on his way, some sort of explosion rips apart the warehouse. Or, at the least, sends pieces of the roof showering down on me. I sigh. Did nobody in this outfit understand the simple concept of lying low? I turn and hurry back inside. If they've invited some sort of enemy into the depths of our base, I suppose it falls to me to see them defeated. I rush through the entrance, my wings boosting me along as I swerve around corners and, almost, run directly into Weaver. I look at her, eyes wide, "Weaver! What happened?" A moment's pause, then, "This wouldn't happen to be one of your plots, would it?"

I look at her with narrow, suspicious eyes. It seemed a bit overt to be her style, but... Well. It wasn't as if anyone else was around, was it?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:29 AM
@White Wolf (Tricky): 2d6+2 Hiken pierces Weaver's mask! = (1+6)+2 = 9

What weakness are you hiding right now?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Not Coatl's Warehouse


Appearing out of one of the comically large air ducts, Fluffy appears, a strange staff in her mouth.

"Hey everyone!" she asks. "Sorry for being gone for so long. Had some family stuff to take care off. What'd I miss?"

Waiting for a second, she adds something. "Oh yeah, White Wolf! Your girlfriend is outside. She seems kind of mad at you? She tried to beat me up so I stole her staff."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be

Phew, that was close. A little too close. I'm sorry, Kai. I'll think of some way to make it up to you later.

Agh, what was Westwood-san thinking, taking me to a place like this!? I should give him a piece of my mind!

...If I actually knew where he went. Where on Earth did that man go? Oh, well. Maybe he'll turn up again later, I hope. I should head back to the warehouse for now.

Is that Fluffy? It looks like she's being harassed by that shrine maiden over there. Should... should I try to help her? Oh, nevermind, it looks like Fluffy has it handled, but did she really need to steal the shrine maiden's staff, too? She, uh, doesn't look very happy about that...

I avoid the angry shrine maiden, and continue on my way to the warehouse. Did we always have that hole in the roof?

"Um, hello," I say to my three... team-mates? "Sorry for being so late. I was out doing some grocery shopping with Westwood-san, and I... I... uh...." I press my fingers together, and say, in an embarassed tone, "I... kinda lost him.... nyah."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Warehouse Cafeteria

Taro. Taro… that name was unfamiliar, though admittedly it was little to go on. There were likely quite a number of Taro’s in the city, after all. But how many of them were Kappas? Much fewer, I hoped. Else my future search would be most difficult indeed. As I’m planning my next move to entice the Nurarihyon to stay, to wring any more information out of him that I can, the warehouse explodes. Fortuitously, it was not the section that I was in, though it was close enough to throw me off my feet. Silently cursing that I had chosen today to wear one of my finer kimonos, I’ve barely managed to dust myself off into a state that I would personally deem presentable when White Wolf suddenly storms into the room. At her questioning, I cover my growing frown with a sakura-patterned fan.

“My lovely tengu, if this was indeed one of my plots as you call it, I would have chosen a far more scenic site to watch the fireworks. Or at the least, I would have worn a less expensive cloth.”

A weary sigh escapes my lips. First, we were forced to dwell in such a pitiful hideaway. And now our location had been presumably revealed in such a outstanding fashion. Whomever with laid the fault in this scenario had best prepare themselves, be they S.H.R.I.N.E. or otherwise. On a possible positive note, perhaps now my temporary allies might be convinced to take shelter somewhere rather more exciting than this. If not, then… so long as I was easily reached when necessary, it should be no problem finding more luxurious lodging, surely? ...That was foolishness, of course, and I was more than aware of that. Still, the heart longs for what the heart longs.

The fan falls as Fluffy (Really, I still could not comprehend why the kitsune took such a title for herself) and Jinx return from their own affairs. Still ruminating on my own situation, it takes me a moment longer than I liked to recall just who it was the nekomata was speaking of. The ‘cowboy.’ Ignoring the fact that he was entirely on the wrong side of the world, I could hardly imagine an eccentric such as Westwood slipping through my web if he was of any actual note. Especially considering he was nothing more than a mere guard when we ‘acquired’ him. On the other hand, letting him slip by her was a misplay on Jinx’s part, regardless of his relevance. The competence of this team, or lack thereof, severely needed to be addressed, I thought to myself. Later, Shiraori, later. Instead of chastising the nekomata, I shake my head and reply,

“Unfortunate, but that is a concern for later.” I add emphasis on the word, making clear that the matter is being put aside, not forgotten. “For now, we must investigate the source of this explosion. ...I am, as well, being forced to acknowledge that neither of the boys on this team seem to be interested in showing themselves.”

quote:

What weakness are you hiding right now?

While Weaver doesn’t quite crave freedom like Rides intrinsically does, she is used to a much more open and high-faring lifestyle, so being cramped up and placed in hiding like this is killing her. Presently, she could be baited fairly easily if there’s even the slightest hint she’ll get to stretch her legs and/or be spoiled some.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

It's never just an explosion, now is it? Jinx has lost the cowboy, Fluffy seems to think I've got a girlfriend for some reason, and Weaver... Weaver isn't holding up as well as I had thought. What else could possibly go wrong? I do a quick double-take as I look at Fluffy's new staff. That looks awfully familiar. It looks like... I rub my temples, "Fluffy, did you happen to take that from a shrine maiden? About this tall, might have been yammering about aliens or something?" It's mostly rhetorical. I'm pretty drat sure that she's holding Tsukomi's staff. poo poo! It's not enough that the roof just blew up and Coatl and Rides seem to have vanished, but now SHRINE is on our doorstep? That pretty much settles it. We're going to need a new hideout. This one has clearly been compromised. Even idiots like Tenkawa-san can find it!

Speaking of... I look over at Jinx and am reminded, not for the first time, of my extremely average classmate, Hana Koizumi. Obviously, it's just a trick of the light or something. Hana is clearly a human and Jinx is clearly one of us. Still... I shake my head, banishing those thoughts to a later time. Ideally one with less chaos. I can't even focus on how she lost Westwood-san. I mean, I guess that was alright? It wasn't like he was a vital member of the team or anything... Though I will miss his cooking.

I look at my three comrades, "Alright. We'll figure that out later, Jinx. Nicely done with the staff, Fluffy. It's not going to take away all her power, she still has some mean barriers and charms that we'll need to watch out for, but we can use the opening to lead her off the trail. She's with SHRINE and we can't exactly let them know where our base is. Weaver, what do you think we should do with her?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Not Coatl's Warehouse


"Yeah! That's exactly what she did actually. She saw something silver shoot out of the roof really quickly, and then said something about an alien invasion. Then she dispelled my disguise and tried to interrogate me over your location, but... I just kinda bit her in the ankles and took her staff?" she recounts the story.

She grins when complimented. It looks a little bit odd, considering she's a fox, but it does get her emotions across. "Why thank you! ... Wait, she's SHRINE? I should have bitten her other ankle, too..."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

I pause, thoughtfully, "Something silver shooting out from the warehouse...? Weaver, you haven't seen Rides around, right? That... That probably solves that mystery." I sigh. The sigh of someone who just wanted to lay low for a few days but nooooooo. After a long moment contemplating exactly why I'm working with these people, I finally say, "I think we should focus on dealing with Tsukomi before she calls in any reinforcements. If that was Rides, he's not going to be around to complain at. Not that it'd do much good if he was."

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.




Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: On The Road

"Do you think," Coatl shouted towards Rides, "I know how to hotwire a--" he was interrupted by the motorcycle revving it's engine. Oh, that was convenient. He looked down at the motorcycle, but didn't move to pick it up. If he got on this thing, he and Rides were going to ride, and Rides was going to smoke him and there'd be no excuse. Coatl hadn't really ridden an actual motorcycle... ever. Honestly, he'd been really hoping to on Rides because he figured the Yokai would do most of the driving. This was...

The sounds of the approaching jeeps grew louder. Coatl turned towards the noise. Ah, drat, this was necessary. He was going to have to get on the bike.

But as he turned back to Rides, Coatl's eyes caught sight of something. They saw -- salvation.

"Hah!" Coatl bounded towards this object as quickly as he could. With a single jerk of his hand, he snapped the chain locking it place, and hopped on.



He rode up to Rides at Midnight with a large grin on his face, "I just thought it was unfair. If you're going to use your engine," Coatl slapped his tree-trunk like legs, "Why shouldn't I use mine? I mean, I don't want to rely on a crutch when you're going solo, you know?"

With that incredibly smooth explanation, Quetzalcoatl Jr. flicked his stolen bike to its HIGHEST GEAR. "Come on!" He roared, hitting the small bell on the bike's front, ding, "Let's go!"

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2017 around 16:30

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Rides-At-Midnight and Quetzalcoatl Jr.
As the pair of you depart from the crater of the impact site. The two JSDF jeeps crest over the hill overlooking the site. One of the soldiers in jeep excitedly points in your direction. Another man, presumably the one in charge, yells out an order, and the jeeps speed down the hill in pursuit. The chase is on!

As fast as you are, the soldiers are dogged in their pursuit and refuse to give up as you tear through the countryside. However, its clear that you are gaining ground on them. Just as you think you are about to lose them, you see something up ahead. Its a line of JSDF vehicles blocking your path and right in the center is a tank. The tank barrel rotates towards you, and the pair of you dodge out of the way just in time as the ground explodes where you were a second ago. The air is suddenly full of a hail of bullets. The JSDF isn't messing around. With nowhere to go but forward, you ram through the blockade. After a few minutes, you think you have finally lost your pursuers, that is when you hear the sound of helicopter blades.....

Its takes all night, and a few more close calls, but the pair of you eventually manage to get away, and arrive back at the warehouse.

White Wolf, Weaver, Fluffy, Jinx
You wait for Tsukomi and more reinforcements to arrive, but they never do. Apparently, SHRINE was preoccupied with something else at the moment. While you are waiting, you all suddenly smell something really good in the air. Following the source of the smell, you see its Flint, barbecuing up some ribs behind the warehouse. He greets you as though everything is normal, "Now hold your horses everyone, I know y'all are probably really hungry, but they aren't ready yet. Ah Jinx, I see you got back fine. You should really keep a better eye on your hostages."

Everyone
The next morning after Quetzalcoatl Jr. and Rides-At-Midnight got back, a news report sheds some light on why SHRINE never showed up to investigate the neighborhood. A news reporter is interviewing a man in a JSDF uniform, the banner on the screens read, "UFO Sighting in Tomiku?".
"If it was just a weather balloon why did SHRINE get involved?" the reporter asks. The man replies, "SHRINE is merely helping us out with a routine military drill. We had actually planned this out with them, months in advance. Its timing was just an unfortunate coincidence. I want to assure the public that there is nothing to worry about." SHRINE is busy at the moment, so it would be the perfect time to pull a caper while they are distracted.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse


Fluffy sits on the cough, in her humanoid form. "Hey everyone. Finally home? You know, we could have done something productive yesterday, if everyone was present like they were supposed to." she quips. "But, oh well. boys will be boys."

Standing up, she smugly puffs out her chest. "But worry not, I have been thinking long and hard about how to best strike back at SHRINE!", she proudly declares.

Obviously fakingly clearing her throat, she explains her plan. "See, the biggest problem right now is that SHRINE's got the public backing, right? They make us seem like the bad guys, while their own wrongdoing get swiped under the rug." Fluffy starts. "So how about! We turn that on it's head? Make US seem like innocent victims. And I know just the thing!"

She points at the map she haphazardly nailed to the wall. "There's a toy factory right here. We break in, steal as many toys as we can, and then we distribute the toys to children on playgrounds!" she starts. "But of course, teenagers are a thing too. So, after we steal those toys, we split up, into teams. Let's call them Team Cutiepies and Team Rad-as-Hecks!"

Nodding vigoriously, she continues. "Team Cutiepies, consisting of me, Jinx, and Weaver, will deal will the smaller children. Give out toys, make them laugh, make them happy. Meanwhile, Team Rad-as-Heck deals with the teenagers, and does rad things with them! Like riding on the highway, pushing jerk drivers of the road, arm wrestling them, getting drunk and all of the things teens love."

Now, she looks confidently, like she came up with a genius plan. "And, of course, SHRINE will show up to ruin it all. And that's where we just run away! Without a fight. So instead of a public menace, people will see us as poor oppressed Yokai, and side with us over SHRINE! It will make work for them so much harder, AND we might get outside help in the future." she explains, again nodding vigorously. "It's the perfect plan!"


Fluffy suggests the following Caper: Ruin SHRINE's reputation!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Back At Home

Coatl kept pace. He was panting out puffs of steam, his legs felt like jelly, and the bike that had carried him so far was essentially destroyed -- but gods dammit he had kept pace with Rides as they escaped the JSDF.

The feeling he experienced when he fell into his bed was... Well, he was a divine being, but that was the first time he'd experienced something so heavenly. The panties were still in his room, and they were to remain there for now. They were a problem, but there were things he needed to learn, and other things he needed to deal with, first.

The next day he stepped out into the warehouse floor, wearing a jacket like normal, and joined the other's in there circle. He did NOT appreciate Fluffy's insinuation that his challenge to Rides, and the resulting bike chase that occurred afterwards, was somehow a waste of time!

But he did appreciate that she put him on team Rad-As-Heck, so in his mind it was a wash.

"That's a good plan. I wouldn't mind doing it." Coatl leaned in, "But I think something else should take higher priority."

"This!" He stretched out his arms, waving to the entire warehouse, and especially the new hole in the ceiling, "Is not going to work for long! This is a house of worship, not a criminal hideout. Our resources are limited, and the location is terrible."

"I have learned," and he pulled out a photo from his jacket, "of a better place for us.



"The embassy on the old side of town. It hasn't been occupied for years, and has stopped even being maintained ever since England went bankrupt. It's abandoned property, the deeds being held basically on the other side of the world, and tearing it down might cause a diplomatic incident." He nodded to himself. Hopefully, the others would appreciate how genius his plan was, "Basically, it's the perfect place for a hideout."

"Now, there is one complication. I've heard a lot of rumors claiming that it's haunted, and what I say to that is -- so what?" Coatl pounded his hands on the table, "If it is, we kick whoever is squatting there's rear end and throw them out! If it isn't, well, it will be after we move in! Haha!"

Now, the information he'd received hinted that the embassy was more than just 'a little haunted', but no reason to blow the team's confidence in his plan by saying that, right? Plus, he had strong competition from Fluffy's plan. He needed to pull all the stops for this one.

Quetzacoatl proposes the following Caper: Get Out of My House!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

I lean carefully against the wall, my wings folded behind me, "As ludicrous..." I stop, then try again, "Even though it sounds... overly optimistic and ill-conceived, I can't help but think that Fluffy is on to something. Right now SHRINE has everything on their side. They have resources, personnel, and public opinion. Now, admittedly, I think that there is some room to workshop exactly what the 'cutie pies' and 'rad-as-heck' teams are actually going to accomplish to ensure we have sufficient impact on public opinion. We're going to need big, flashy events to really get people fired up. We're going to need to influence opinion leaders and get them on our side."

My eyes swing to Weaver, "In essence, Weaver, we need your skills. Logistics, planning, and contacts. It might be tough having to wine and dine the best and brightest of Tomiku City in order to win them over, but I think you're up to the challenge. Might be nice to get out there and treat yourself to a taste of luxury after being cooped up in this warehouse, right?"

I meet everyone's gaze in turn. Except for Rides. I just sort of look at his headlight and nod. I'm... not exactly sure if he has eyes. Finally, I say, "Resources are fleeting. Our luck with personnel has... not been the best. Crushing SHRINE's morale and winning the public's favor would open up our options for future plans. I vote with Fluffy."

WW seconds best caper~ and appeals to Weaver's hidden weakness for her support as well!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: The Base

Country road dust rose up in flaming plumes as Rides-At-Midnight sped through rains of gravel thrown to the sky by the pounding of heavy armaments. "KEEP PACE, GODLING!", it roared as it rammed through a (wisely) abandoned main battle tank blocking the road in front of them, leaving but an angrily glowing tunnel of molten slag behind its passage, "Lest you leave the mortals with any delusion of worth."

A sudden barrage of rockets from a gunship propelled Rides up high, giving the yōkai the means to perform a flip over its aggressor, and cut off its tail rotor during a flaming descent.

Yes, the mortals would know reckoning on the road this day...

****

Rides puffed an angry cloud of smoke as it listened to Fluffy. "Your means are pleasing fox, yet your objective brings shame upon your lineage. What sort of self-respecting yōkai or spirit of any sort would attempt to garner sympathy from mortals? MORTALS! We are their adversaries, we are the reason they fear the night and the glare of the Moon! We oppose, and forever shall we so do. Yet you would have us grovel at their feet like SCARED CHILDREN!"

"No, say I. We take what is ours by strength of arms. The godling, despite his weakness and his idle flab at least understands this, and endeavors to do better. The embassy is a prize worth our efforts. Amusing mortals nothing but a shameful show of weakness."


Seconding Quetzalcoatl's caper.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse


Fluffy shrugs indifferently to Rides' provocation. "Have you ever heard of... like... having a plan? It does help! In fact, thinking about the situation at hand helps. The first step in having mortals grovel before us, which I might add not all of us care about, is being powerful. More specifically, being more powerful than what said mortals can throw at us. You already failed at that step, so I don't particularly care about explaining it further. Perhaps Weaver can explain the concept of caution to you, I do hear she loves talking."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: The Base

"DO NOT TALK DOWN TO ME, CHILDISH CRETIN!"

Almost faster than the eye can see, Rides-At-Midnight charges Fluffy, curves sharply, and impacts on the waist of the fox with its flaming back wheel, but not fast enough to avoid her gashing its side with her sword.

"Should you insult me again, I will show you your folly, and exactly who here is the weak one."

Rides rolled towards the Fox.

"So apologize for your misdemeanor, or be run down."

quote:

SidekickBOT : @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6+2 Slap about the Fox talking poo poo D:< = (1+6)+2 = 9

I choose to impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

quote:

SidekickBOT: @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6 RIDES IS AFRAID OF NO SWORD (Powerful Blow) = (6+6) = 12

I choose to Remove myself from the scene. More specifically, by attempting to chase down Fluffy after they flee due to their own roll (yet to be posted)

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Trouble -1 | Superior +1 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Back At Home

Coatl watches, slackjawed, as the battle between Rides and Fluffy begins, unfolds, and ends faster than he can process. Quiet returns to the warehouse as the pair run out the door, one chasing the other, and it is in that silence that sudden snap of Coatl's jaw closing is heard echoing throughout the warehouse. There is another sound, behind the jaw, coming from his throat. It's... a growl, but the growl a giant lizardman makes. Low, barely audible, but definitely there.

"I'll be back in a bit." Coatl grunts out. He begins to step after the path Rides and Fluffy took, his fists, perhaps unknowingly, curling into fists.

---

Coatl catches Rides on a corner.

Rides was absolutely faster than him, but Coatl could fly, and that was the great equalizer in a chase like this. The young-God landed in front of the motorcycle spirit with his wings fully exposed. They were massive, a wingspan that quadrupled his substantial height, and at the tips of his white feathers there was a subtle glow of... all the colors, really.

Coatl brushes the dirt off of his knees from the landing, not looking at Rides as he talks, "I get it. You were born from anger, right? The madness and frustration of the road. The blood stained within it. I get that you're a naturally angry Yokai." Coatl finally glanced up, "You have a domain."

"But," the God reached up towards the Necklace of Obsidian Teeth he always wore. The teeth were in his egg, when he hatched. They were literally irreplaceable.... Sometimes, though, you had to expend important things to do important things, "I have my domain, too." And Coatl crushed a tooth in his hand into a fine, black powder. He opens his palm, and with one massive flap of his wings, sends the black dust directly towards Rides--

--And For A Single Second--

Tomiku City is gone. Japan is gone. The Road is gone. Quetzalcoatl is there. Wait. No. Not Quetzalcoatl Jr., but the real thing. The Father in his flesh.

And he is massive. His wings touch both sides of the horizon; his forehead butts against the sky. All around him, leaking off his body like water, is an ever-shifting rainbow.

Quetzalcoatl gazes down at the spirit below him, "You Dare Trespass Against A Guest Within My House, Spirit!?

--

It was all an illusion, of course, and it fades quickly. Coatl Jr. flaps his wings hard, launching himself a few meters into the air, and flaps again to hover there, "Did I tell you it was cool to just start a fight!? That warehouse is my house! My house of worship!" He roars at the motorcycle below him, "It's not the goddamn Road; it's not yours!"

Coatl flapped again, rising into the air a bit higher, "This is a warning. Abide by it." There was no need to add 'Or else!'. Coatl's tone, and the ominous glow at the edge of his wings, should let Rides know that without words.

quote:

Coatl (Scrree) - Today at 6:32 PM
With A Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste, Influence on Rides, and wagering the Necklace of Obsidian Teeth -- Coatl Provokes Rides at Midnight!
/roll 2d6+4
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:32 PM
@Coatl (Scrree): 2d6+4 = (4+1)+4 = 9

You have offended a God within his own house. Make Coatl the Boss, now, or suffer the consequences and Mark a Condition.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: CHASE SCENE

Rides-At-Midnight, for its part, merely allowed its engine to idle, as it listened to the godling speak. It didn't seem particularly intimidated, or scared, but rather... pensive, in a way. As if its rage had momentarily been shocked out of it by someone daring to be this frank with it.

"Godling", it finally boomed, in its usual, weighty tone, "Perhaps there is hope for you yet."

"Know that I will have my vengeance upon the Fox, should she make no amends. Know that my pride as a yōkai demands restitution, for my fury burns all who would see it as their place to look down upon me."

"Know that I will not leave this chase halfway. I will chase my quarry until I, and I alone am satisfied with the outcome. Such is my way, and my domain, as you state."

"..."

Rides' headlight shone upon the airborne god, as if examining him, appraising him.

"Yet I see that you have one as well, now that you have actually grown enough of a spine to stand up for it, godling. And whilst my actions against the Fox are righteous, to trample the domain and very being of an ally is folly. For this I apologize", Rides performed a strange downward movement with its front suspension, which seemed fairly reminiscent of a bow, "and whilst I find a god's dependence on mere mortals distasteful, I shall nevertheless try to avoid bringing down calamity within your dominion in the future. Thus I recognize you as the master of your house, for now. Whether you will keep yourself worthy of such respect, remains to be seen."

The engine started to rev up as Rides gathered speed again.

"But right now, my quarry inhabits the road, and the road is mine. And her lesson far from over."

And then, without much further fanfare, Rides-At-Midnight sped away from the scene to continue his chase.



Sure
Swapping Quetzalcoatl to be my Boss, and Fluffy as my Meat. They get Influence on me as usual.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2017 around 23:06

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

I blink. What the hell just happened...? I look helplessly between Jinx and Weaver, "So. Uh. I guess we'll finish figuring this out later." My stomach takes the opportunity to grumble a little more loudly than I would have preferred. "Anyone up for some ramen? I know a great place down by the docks. My treat." It wasn't that expensive, but I imagined that everyone would be grateful for the opportunity to stretch their legs and eat a good meal. Morale is critical, like I mentioned earlier, and right now it seems we're our own worst enemies.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Somewhere I probably shouldn't be

I nervously look around the room. I was happy enough going with Fluff's plan, seeing as how it doesn't involve any violence, which is always nice, but then... that happened, and now I have no idea what's going on anymore.

"Ramen... ramen sounds nice... nyah. Maybe things will calm down by the time we get back...?" Maybe not, but it's a nice thought.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl’s Warehouse

Still somewhat disoriented from the rush of events last night, my mind is not entirely present as the proceedings go on without me. I should be annoyed, perhaps frustrated, that the team is so eager to present their own plans without even consulting me, but, well, I could hardly argue in my defense considering I was so silent during the planning. Had to bring myself back, bring myself into the conversation. There were two Capers on the table: Fluffy’s, and Coatl’s. Both had valid reasonings behind them, as painful as it was to admit in the kitsune’s case, but between the two, the godling’s plan was far less damaging to my ego. I had all about prepared to speak for his case then, when White Wolf addresses me. I confess, her points were appealing. Very appealing.

“My, my, you really do love to flatter me, do you not? If you are fond of me, you truly must simply say as such, my lovely tengu. Dancing around the matter will only cause you more pain in the long run.” I snap my fan shut, this one with a lotus pattern. “But I will not deny you, even so. To fraternize with the greats of this fine city is most certainly a task for myself, and I shall accept it with grace.”

Before further details can be discussed, however, three members of our entourage see it fit to abscond from the scheming. Because, of course they would. It was like attempting to corral a bunch of unruly children, truly, and I was no schoolteacher. So be it. Let them contest and compete with each other over ruffled feathers if they so chose, as long as they participated in the Caper once it begun. Fluffy, at least, could be trusted to do so, as it was presumably her plan we were going with. Coatl, likely. Rides… possibly.

“Ramen, was it?” Not my preferred meal to be treated to, but I couldn’t exactly complain in the scenario. I was still hungering from last night, after all. “Very well. Lead on, White Wolf.”

Voting for Fluffy’s Caper.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Coatl's Warehouse

Weaver's torrent of words was actually pretty amusing. She did think quite highly of her appearance and its impact on my actions. Admittedly, as far as yokai went, she was quite right to do so. Uh, appearance-wise. My actions were completely calculated. Obviously. I was a professional. And, despite the mounting obstacles to such, I was determined to ensure that we were a professional outfit. As much as could be hoped, anyways.

I smile, "Perfect! Let's go." It's reassuring to see that my... subtle machinations seem to have worked in securing Weaver's support. More reassuring still that some of our band seems shockingly reasonable, especially in comparison to a certain party. As we walk, I pull out my phone and text Fluffy and Coatl. Rides... Well, he doesn't eat. I'll need to see if we can't come to an understanding once he's calmed down. His talents are great, admittedly, but that provides little enough help to our cause if he can't channel them productively.

@Fluffy posted:

You okay? Weaver and Jinx are on board with your plan. We're going for ramen at the place by the docks if you can shake Rides off your trail. My treat. -WW

@Coatl posted:

Hey, you doing alright? We finished voting after you all left, seems like we're going with Fluffy's plan. I think you're on the money with the plan to get a base of operations, though, so you have my support next time. And, uh, thanks for letting me crash at your place while the heat died down. I appreciate it. We're going to grab some ramen by the docks if you want to join us. My treat. -WW

Jinx voted for Fluffy's caper as well per discord, so that is a solid majority.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Docks


Ah, good old Rides. Predictable as always. He probably thought he had hit Fluffy too! But no, that was not the case. Such is the power of illusions! The only thing he got out of that outburst is showing just how unreliable he is.

As such, Fluffy smugly walked off, into a completely different direction, and typed away at her phone.


quote:

Yup, I'm just peachy! Rides merely hit an illusion. As if I wasn't prepared for such a mindless brute to instantly go for violence and the slightest hint of disagreement. I'll be there shortly.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2017 around 12:16

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Attack of the PR: Toying Around with SHRINE

Your main target is a toy factory owned by Todai Co. For a long time, Todai had been a company struggling to stay in business. It was only after producing several wildly popular TV programs that it managed to recover from its slump. Now, its a rapidly growing company that has started to expand beyond it media focus. There are even whispers that it has begun to work with SHRINE. At the moment, its most popular shows are Pretty Pretty Heart Marquis♪, Ramen Rider W, and Gunfighters: Pegasus. Almost all the toys Todai makes are merchandise for their TV shows.

With a little bit of research, you find out you might not be the first group to attempt to get something from the factory. Rumor has it that the Yame-Amano tried to run their usual protection racket on the factory. They failed. If the rumor is true, the Yame-Amano is being tight-lipped about. Security measures that would make even the Yame-Amano back down would have to be pretty serious.

Heat Rating: 3 - While the toy factory is on the outskirts of the city, you are doing a lot of things that would attract attention.
Planks: 4

1. Get the word out on the street
If nobody knows about what you are doing, how do you expect any kids to show up? Somehow you have to let the kids know what's going on without their parents or SHRINE finding out.

2. Deal with the Toy Factory's mysterious security system.
If even the Yame-Amano Clan is scared of the factory's system, you will need to do something to take it out first.

3. Transport the toys to the drop-off site:
You're going to need to take more toys than you can carry with your own hands if you're going to make sure all the kids get something. You need some way to transport the toys safely to their destination.

4: Throw a wild party
The best way to win the hearts of teenagers is by throwing a bad-rear end party. It can't just be any normal party though, It has to be the party of the decade. Something that will be talked about years later.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak 0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace +2
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Insecure | Location: Docks


Fluffy sits on the table at the ramen shop with the others. "Hi everyone!" she greet them. Throwing up a quick illusion making sure the group can't be heard by others, as she sits down and begins explaining her plan. "So, my idea was to hit Todai Co. They're pretty popular, right? The problem is, however, that apparently their security is a lot tighter than expected. We'll need to properly scope out their defenses. But I'm sure that won't be a problem for people as skilled as you lot."

Writing on a piece of paper she procures from one of her pockets, she continues. "We'll also need to get word out, try and get the kids in one place so we can hand out the toys. For that, we obviously need to make sure we DO have enough for everyone, as well. Because of this, we will need a transport of some kind - just carrying what we can in our hands won't be enough. I've done, some, uhm... dedicated research, and right now the most popular shows are Pretty Pretty Heart Marquis♪, Ramen Rider W, and Gunfighters: Pegasus, so focus on those."

Fluffy takes a moment to catch her breath. "Okay, last up, we're going to need to throw a party. Uhm... does anyone here know how to throw a party? For teenagers? Because I sure as hell don't."

She looks at her watch. "Okay, let's meet up at 6 pm. I'll go procure a transport - please do any prepatory work before that time.

And finally, she looks down on the table.

"Ah, crud. My ramen went cold. Well, thanks for the treat anyway. I better get going."

Standing up, she slurps up some noodles as she walks away.


---

quote:

Fluffy (Yami Fenrir) - Today at 2:13 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Fluffy is gonna try and steal a truck! How troublesome.
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:13 PM
@Fluffy (Yami Fenrir): 2d6+2 Fluffy is gonna try and steal a truck! How troublesome. = (2+2)+2 = 6

I will use Fate is a Fickle Mistress and mark Afraid to turn this into a 7!... and then Mark Insecure due to the 7-9 options, because who knew driving was hard?


Now sitting behind the wheels of a delivery truck, with the previous driver duct-taped to the passenger seat, Fluffy attempts to escape on the highway.

"HOW DO YOU DRIVE THIS THING!? I THOUGHT IT'D HAVE A JOYSTICK!" she yells at the helpless passenger.

"MMMPH! MHMHMPH!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2017 around 12:53

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: Ramen Shop -> Todai's Factory

I nod, "I'll secure information about the factory and its defenses. It might take a little time, but I've cracked tougher targets." Admittedly, back then I had a full squad at my beck and call along with the latest gear. Still, I was better than all that. CROW might have shaped me, but I was the White Wolf. I was a veteran of dozens of combat and infiltration operations. If there were any who could do this, it'd be me. I pick out a slice of pork from my ramen and chew on it thoughtfully.

I swallow, then add, "Jinx looks like she knows about parties." I look at the nekomata. "Right, Jinx?"

---

I cut through the air above the factory. I was high enough that I doubt I seemed anything but a crow — ironic, though I suppose appropriate as well — to any on the ground. Using senses honed by years of infiltration, I scanned the grounds to identify prospective points of entrance and other targets of opportunity.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:06 PM
@White Wolf (Tricky): 2d6+2 WW cases the factory! = (3+3)+2 = 8

What is the best way in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak 0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +2 | Superior -2 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None! | Location: The factory

~~2 night before the assault proper on the factory~~

A soft growl permeated the night air, as Rides-At-Midnight overlooked the factory from a hillock some ways away. The flame of its wheels was extinguished, its headlight lacking its angry glare. Indeed, the only light illuminating it was the pale glow of the Moon. It observed the gates, the walls, the parked security vehicles on the yard. They were good targets, it was concluded. Targets that could not run away, or deceive with cowardly tricks of the light, for once.

The engine revved, and Rides picked up speed as it charged down its vantage point. It charged, straight through the wall. Straight into a guard post, straight into another gaurdpost, and through the wall on the opposite end of the compound, harried only by the occasional gunfire of the woefully unprepared nightwatch that it casually shrugged off. Then, it turned around, and did a similar sort of assault, bowling over a quantity of parked vehicles marked for security. A couple of minutes was all it took: the damage was done, and Rides-At-Midnight had disappeared as so much smoke into the night before reinforcements could even arrive, leaving behind nothing but a set of angry tire marks on the asphalt.

Next day, a small piece on 'yokai vandalism at local factory' was published, but judged likely to be a lone wolf operation. And taken that the damage was estimated to be repaired in about half a week, and that the entire thing was otherwise lacking in interesting characteristics of any sort, it was promptly forgotten about.


quote:

SidekickBOT: @Rides at Midnight (Theantero): 2d6+2 Rides performs a Dangerous midnight raid on the outer perimeter defences to soften the factory up. = (2+6)+2 = 10

+1 Plan

Also, shifting up Trouble and shifting down Superior, as per Quetzalcoatl gaining Influence on me, as discussed on Discord

  • Locked thread
«2 »