Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Sunken Skyship (Fiammetta, Fang)

Everything had been going so well for the past two weeks of travel. It was meant to be nothing more than a simple passenger voyage like any other. So why was it now that the Claudia-Amana laid unmoving in the center of a forest? Why was it that this once proud skyship laid broken down, unfit to fly again for who knew how long? And why were there a strangely high number of scorch marks upon the surface of the deck? Only one woman presently knew the exact answers to these questions, and her name was...

Fiammetta - Claudia-Amana Crash Site
Music: What Do We Do?

Fiammetta Hildebrand, you’ve made a mess of it now. Guarding the Claudia-Amana should have been an easy job for you. For the most part, it was! It wasn’t as if the passengers who had paid so much to board the thing were usually willing to start trouble, after all, and this section of the skies rarely saw anything too dangerous like a pack of wyverns. Honestly, these past two weeks since you’ve went your separate ways from the Fleche de Sorcier have been quite peaceful. Maybe even to the point of boredom.

Perhaps that was why when you first heard the alarms, of the cries for passengers to take shelter below deck, of the sighting of the raiders beginning to board the Claudia-Amana you were… rather more zealous in your protection than was necessary. Of course, you can hardly be blamed for doing your duty, and you made it quite clear where your talents lied upon being hired. In a sense, one could even argue that bringing down the skyship was proof in itself of how talented you were! Well. Possibly.

Regardless of how you may or may not feel, the reality is that the Claudia-Amana was forced to land on Yunero-Kasa, not far from the major city of Granloza. Thankfully, no one aboard was fatally wounded, though there were several injuries. In the chaos of battle, it doesn’t seem as if anyone realized that it was you that accidently set the ship aflame and brought it down in the first place, but you’re not sure how long that’ll last once people start to collect themselves and properly assess the situation. Even now, you watch as Captain Wallace goes from person to person, checking in on them. It’s only a matter of time before he gets to you, and then… who knows?

What do you do?

---

Fang - Claudia-Amana Crash Site

It’d been a not as exciting few months as you’d like since you departed from Windfall. When the Claudia-Amana first landed upon your peaceful island, the captain of the worn down but nevertheless magnificent skyship apparently having met one of your mentors in the past, you realized that this was your chance. This was it. This was your ticket off this completely boring rock where nothing ever happened. To say that you caught Captain Wallace off-guard when you came to him offering your service was an understatement, what with him having a certain impression of the monks upon Windfall. But he agreed to take you aboard, in the end. And that should have been that. You would sail into the skies, to new lands, to a new life. So when you learned guard duty mostly consisted of patrolling a constantly travelling ship, having to watch your manners around passengers with more wealth than sense, it was… not what you anticipated. Or wanted. So when the raiders began to board, it was perhaps a welcome change.

Music: This Looks Bad

“We’re going down, men! Hold on, and prepare for a hard landing!”

That warning sounding throughout the Claudia-Amana takes you out of your thoughts, and is one of the last things you hear before the world turns upside down. Fortunately for you, you were chasing after one of the raiders that had slipped below deck in the heat of battle, which meant you were in no danger of falling overboard during the untimely descent. Unfortunately, that meant you had a whole lot of wall to collide against instead. You were battered, bashed, smashed, and the many other words that describe someone being injured. Strange how many of those there are. At least there was the somewhat comforting sight of the raider getting thrown about along with you, before everything went black.

When you awaken, you’re lying on a bed of grass, sore and with cuts in several places. But you are alive. Looking around as you sit up, you seem to have crashed into some sort of forest. The Claudia-Amana has had… better days, to say the least, but there does not appear to be any severely injured. Captain Wallace happens to catch your eye while he’s attending to the various crew members and some very disgruntled passengers, and makes his way over to you. Offering a hand up, he says,

“You all right?” Checking over your wounds for a moment, he grins and continues, “Ah, you’re fine, barely even scratched. Which is good, because I could use a hand or ten right around now. Old monks on Windfall happen to teach anything about first aid?”

They didn’t, and you got the impression that the captain was probably aware of that, but the question still stood. Were you planning on helping out, and if so, how?

What do you do?

---

’Team’ Not a Skywreck (Amber, Morgan)

From afar, the people of Vidago will soon look on in shock and horror as a skyship is set aflame, spiralling downwards towards the earth where it doesn’t belong. They whisper and murmur about “Oh, how awful,” and “So dreadful, I hope they’re all right,” though the skyport village is too far for anyone to be of real use. In this soon-to-be, very messy situation that is seemingly completely unrelated to them, two entirely different souls continue on their paths…

Amber - An Inn in Vidalgo
Music: Carefree

As you sit up in your inn bed, it takes you a moment to piece together where you are. Yunero-Kasa. Vidalgo. Decently sized skyport village, though peanuts compared to some of the places you’ve travelled to, even compared to where you plan to travel to. Granloza, your real destination. The place where your mentor, Sapphire Orleans, was last sighted. Unfortunately, you were unable to catch a skyship that would directly take you to the city, so you settled for arriving here instead. Tired from the journey and the anticipation of your search beginning in fullest, you decided it was best to spend the evening in Vidalgo and to set off proper in the morning. Though judging from how sore your back felt, perhaps you would have been better off just sleeping in the carriage. Ah well, what can you do?

Gathering what belongings you have, you make your way down to the first floor, where the elderly, female innkeeper gives you a wide beaming smile. That was pleasant, at least, and certainly genuine. She slowly walks on over to you, there is a second where you feel and/or worry that she intends to pinch your cheek, before instead bowing her head slightly. Very slightly. You get the sense that going too far might be painful for the old woman.

“Good mornin’, dearie. Or should I say good afternoon? Kids like you shouldn’t be sleeping the day away, you know!” Her smile managing to widen ever more, she gestures for you to follow as she says, “Come, come, have some lunch before you’re off. You must be hungry.”

She’s right, moreso than you expected, perhaps because of the heartwarming aroma drifting in the air that was freshly-made home cooking. Very different from the fancier hotels you’ve stayed in. Not necessarily better, not necessarily worse. Just different. Though you wish to head off to Granloza as soon as you able, the travel will take several hours, so you figure you may as well fill your stomach while you can. Eventually, your food is brought out by the innkeeper, with a young boy trailing not far behind her. A relative, you assume.

“Here you are, dearie. Hopin’ it suits your tastes. Is there anything else you need?”

As far as food goes, you appear to be set. Still, as an innkeeper, she probably has seen or heard quite a few things. If you had questions to ask, she seems like a good place to start.

What do you do?

---

Morgan - A Street in Vidalgo
Music: The Sun Shining Through

It’d been an… interesting few weeks, one might say. Awkward was another good word. So was frightening. Not so long ago, you were part of a team of heroes (actual heroes!), fighting off against an evil villain (an actual villain!). That was good. This? Not so much. It had taken you awhile to come to terms with the fact that you were in an entirely separate world. But once you found yourself on the literal edge of Yunero-Kasa, you didn’t have much choice but to accept the reality: This wasn’t home. But you survived, though it hasn’t been easy. With the money from your own world useless here, you were forced to beg for whatever coins you could get. Though with your less than stellar first impression, most of the villagers were wary of you, to put it bluntly. Still, you were alive. And isn’t that all you could ask for at this point?

Maybe not, judging by how your stomach growled. Though you’d managed to put food out for Sabbat consistently, the last couple of days have been rough on you. With the villagers already cautious, the most common source of your income came from travellers passing through Vidago to the other major cities. But with no skyships arriving recently, that source had all but dried up. Until now, that is: a new skyship had docked late last night, and while many of the passengers had taken what remained of the evening carriages, there was bound to be some left over. This was a good chance, and one you couldn’t afford to waste.

“Pardon me.”

You look up, not quite prepared for someone to approach you. Before you is a younger woman adorned in rather finer clothing than you’re accustomed to seeing around Vidalgo, her coat draped over her shoulders. She stares at you more intently than is perhaps comfortable, with particular focus on your face. Then she mutters something to herself that sounds like, ‘Effeminate face but…hmph. Quicker to just ask,” before going right out and saying,

“Are you the one calling himself a witch from another world?”

Well then. This could be good. Or this could be bad.

What do you do?

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2017 around 23:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Amber rises from the bed, slowly. Almost immediately, her back makes itself noticable. "Ow, ow ow ow..." she quietly murmurs to herself. It appears that she had grown far too accustomed to soft beds. But really, can one blame her? Very rarely, her travels brought her to villages like this. Not only was there little money to be had here, there also was little information to gain on sleepy islands like this. The only place where information could reasonably be found was the actual skyport, and she had already been there. Sadly, unsuccessfully, but she did not actually expect any success here.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Amber descends the stairs, her trusty staff strapped to her back. She does so awfully carefully, since the stairs are creaking loudly with every step she makes, and she flinches a little every time, worried about flat out falling through the staircase. Thankfully, the steps prove more sturdy than expected, and she reaches the first floor.

She returns the beaming smile with one of her own. As the woman bows her head, Amber waves her hand, emberassed. "There's no need to bow! It's fine, really! Uhm... did I really sleep that long? Although, I suppose it can't be helped. Skyships are always so noisy, I can't sleep very well on them..." she muses, as the woman places her food on the table. Seeing this, she sits down, shifting the staff on her back to fit. (One can tell that she has perhaps a little bit TOO much experience doing so...)

Almost immediately, the smell of the food warmed her heart... but it also filled her with a sense of longing. The smell reminded her of the kind of food Sapphire used to cook for her. Inwardly, she sighed. Why did she find it so hard to keep her mind away from her mentor?

But wait! She could ask the innkeeper, she just realized. "Thank you! Uhm, there is actually something I'd like to ask." Amber replies to the old woman. She pulls out a picture of Sapphire out of one of her pockets. "I am looking for this person. Her name is Sapphire Orleans. Have you perhaps seen or heard of her?"

Despite expecting little more than perhaps what she already knows, she couldn't help but ask.


quote:


Ambers Orleans
Job: Dancer
High Concept: Blazing Idol!
Health: 40
Endurance: 40


Abilities:

quote:

Gear: The Ember Shard (Elemental Staff of Fire)

Attack 2
Barrier 3

Sapphire's last gift to Amber before her sudden disappearance. Sometimes jokingly called the Amber Shard due to the difficulty of detaching Amber from it.

Beautiful - 3
Charismatic - 2
Connected - 4
Famous - 3
Passion (Audiences) - 2
Performer - 3
Wealthy - 3

Total Abilities: 25

Dependency (The Ember Shard) - 2
Compulsion (Help the poor and downtrodden) 2
Kindhearted - 2
Quirk (Take her staff EVERYWHERE, and refuse to part with it) - 1
Obsession (Find her mentor) - 2
Love Interest (Morgan) 2
Love Magnet - 3
Naive - 1
Pacifist - 2
Sensitivity (Her attachment to her mentor) - 2
Weak - 1

Total Weaknesses: 20

Attacks:

Base Attack: 5 / Base Dx: 3

quote:

Solar Salsa [0]
Praise the Sun! Or not, considering a miniature version of it just exploded in front of you and blinded you. Oh god.
[Blinding +20, Accurate 2 +10, Area Effect 2 +20, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, No Damage -20, Unwieldy -5, Activation -10, Cancel (Needs to primarily use Eyesight) -10]
Attack: 7 / DX: 0

quote:

Whirlwind Waltz [0]
Flame Tornadoes! Have fun attacking through THOSE.
[Defensive 3 +15, Reach 3 +15, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Feather Blow -5, Activation -10, Inaccurate 2 -10]
Attack: 3 / DX: 3

quote:

Napalm Ntames [0]
It's like fire, except it sticks to you and OH GOD IT BURNS.
[Continued Effect 2 +20, Accurate 2 +10, Effective 2 +10, Ranged +0, Ammunition 2 -10, Feather Blow -5, Elaborate Gestures -5, Buildup -5, Low Penetration 3 -15]
Attack: 7 / DX: 5

quote:

Jetstream Jive [0]
A beam of flame that melts through nearly everything.
[Accurate +5, Strike Through +5, Armor Piercing 2 +10, Overwhelming +10, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Buildup -5, Open to Attack -20 ]
Attack: 6 / DX: 3

quote:

Heat Haze Hudoq (0)
Cook them right out of the barrier with a few well placed mines.
[Trap +5, Barrier Buster +5, Accurate 3 +15, Ranged +0, Fatiguing +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Delayed -5, Ammunition 2 -10, Buildup -5]
Attack: 8 / DX : 3

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 17:49

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): Heal 4 (20) | Drama Dice: 0

Okay, okay. Maybe I somewhat contributed to the skyship's crash. It's not my fault at all! If those other guards were half as tough as Captain Wallace seemed to think, I wouldn't have gotten mobbed on the deck! So, sure, maybe I exploded large portions of the deck when I lit up the raider who was loaded down with dragonfire vials. It happens! That was half the reason they hired me in the first place. Uh, hello! Empress of Flames! Don't act so surprised if a skyship or two get a little torched along the way.

Still, uh, it would kind of be a problem if the passengers and the Captain and everyone else got mad at me. I mean, not like I can't take 'em, but... Well, some people deserve getting exploded. Like bandits! These people are just a little grumpy. I can't exactly set my spells for stun. That'd be blasphemy against everything I stand for! Every spell an explosion. That's my motto, and I'm sticking to it! ...Well, battle spells mostly. You can take my cantrips from my cold, dead hands. Who has time for laundry, anyways?

Annnnnyways, I figure now's the time to earn a little good will. Everyone's still shook up from the crash, right? I bet I can magic up a solution to that. I just need to come up with a snappy name. Healpocalypse? Healing Inferno? ...Mm, maybe not. I need sympathy and good will, right? Better just stick with the classics. I see that Captain Wallace is slowly making his way towards me, stopping to check in with the passengers along the way. I better work quick.

Music Change!

Clearing my throat, I begin an elaborate series of gestures and chant as arcane symbols fill the air around me, "Spirits of light, descend upon my mortal frame! Fill me with your power such that I can mend the world!" That's the classic, of course, but I can't help but add a little bit of flair to it. "Spirits of fire, descend as well! Grant me your flames such that I can burn away all corruption!"

With one last dramatic pose, I snap my fingers and the symbols drift into my hands. They light up with pearlescent energies. I flex my hands experimentally and grin. I can feel the power brimming within me! Forget healing scrapes and bruises, I'm pretty sure I can heal anything!

Spending 20 endurance to temporarily gain Heal 4!

I look around and quickly devise a circuit that will conveniently avoid Captain Wallace about as long as possible while still hitting everyone. My plan set, I begin wandering from group to group and healing the passengers' wounds. Most of them require little more than a Minor Mending, though there is one woman who actually requires a Cure Egregious Wounds. I mean, yikes! I don't think bones are supposed to do that. Well, whatever. She'll be blissed out on healing spirits for the duration of her speedy recovery. These people should feel lucky! It's not often that you get such high-grade healing done for free. I even cure one man's gout. Mostly by accident, admittedly, but I'm still going to count it as a moral victory.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:36 PM
@Fia (Tricky): 6d6 Is Fia as good as healing as she is at fire? = (4+1+5+3+6+5) = 10

Pretty darn close!

Eventually, I find my way over to the monk that the Captain had been talking to when I started. I look down at her injuries and figure she'll probably be okay with a Moderate Mending, but she can probably tell me more about what she needs. She's good at fighting, right? Those types are always in tune with their bodies. I extend a hand, shooting for a firm handshake, "How are you holding up? That was some crash, huh?" I pause. "I'm Fiammetta, by the way. My friends call me Fia."

You know, this one has a certain charm to her. I wonder if she has any plans after... Well, probably not. We kind of crashed. Might just be my lucky day! You never know when you're going to need someone with such... strong-looking arms. For protection. Obviously. You know. Or carrying things. Like wizards. Really, really cute wizards. I shake my head a bit and wipe away the trickle of blood that's starting to drip down from my nose.

Gotta focus. I give her a tiny smile and say, "Sorry about that, it's been a little tough healing everyone~!" Oh god, what was that sound. I'm never doing that again. "Do you need anything fixed up~?" Oh my god, it keeps happening.

Character Sheet posted:


Name: 'The Empress of Flames' Fiammetta Hildebrand
Job: The Greatest Wizard of All Time (Self-Proclaimed)
High Concept: The most irresponsible wizard!

Health: 60
Endurance: 70

Advantages: [Total +25]
Cute! +3
Flight +1
Inventor Enchanter +3
Iron-Willed +2
Knowledge (Battle Magic) [4] +2
Knowledge (Spells and Enchantments) [4] +2
Magic, Arcane +4
Smart +3
Tough +2
Vigorous +3

Weaknesses: [Total -20]
Arrogant -1
Fussy -1
Impulsive -2
Nosebleeder -1
Obsession (Magic!) -2
Overconfident -2
Rival -2 ('The Frozen Queen' Simone Durand)
Short-Tempered -2
Shy -1
Soft Spot (Cute People!) -2
Stubborn -2
Weak -2

Enchanted Objects posted:

The Staff of the Flame Empress [Attack +3]

Battle Magic posted:

Base Attack: 6 (Knowledge: Battle Magic) | Base DX: 4 (Attack)

Fiammetta's Fantastic Flying Flares [0]
While this spell started as an undergraduate project to develop a simple method of lighting campfires, Fia's ongoing tweaks have turned it into a potent weapon against all who might stand in her path!
[Accurate 2 +10, Ranged +0; Elaborate Gestures -5, Feather Blow -5]
Attack: 8 | DX: 4

Fiammetta's Fulgurous Flaming Fonts [10]
As far as Fia is concerned, the only thing better than one gout of intense flames is two! With an incantation, she can turn both of her hands into potent flamethrowers. It requires a little time to build up the necessary energy, but good things come to those who wait!
[Accurate 2 +10, Multi-Target +10, Ranged +0, Overwhelming +10; Build-Up +5, Elaborate Gestures -5, Low Penetration -5, Unwieldy -5]
Attack: 8 | DX: 4

Fiammetta's Fiendish Fusiform Fetters [10]
In a truly unprecedented show of finesse and fine control, Fia creates chains out of flame which leave her foes at her mercy! Manipulating their path does take quite a bit of concentration, however, and she can't focus on anything else until the chains fully materialize.
[Accurate 4 +20, Paralyzing 2 +20, Stunning +10, Multi-Target +10; Build-Up -5, Elaborate Gestures -5, No Damage -20, Open to Attack -20]
Attack: 10 | DX: 0

Fiammetta's Furious Fiery 'Flagration [15]
Less a formal spell and more an explosion of anger, this mighty blast sends anyone who dares approach flying! The lingering flames make attacking her a dicey prospect for some time afterwards.
[Area of Effect +10, Defensive 2 +10, Reach 2 +10, No Gestures +5; Ammunition 2 -10, Build-Up 2 -10]
Attack: 6 | DX: 4

Hellfire Apocalypse [50]
This spell represents the sum total of Fia's understanding into the mysteries of fire magic and all the progress she's made on creating the Unified Explosion Theory. Wildly, uncontrollably powerful, it represents the sheer power that makes people think twice about crossing the Empress of Flames.
[Area of Effect 4 +40, Ranged +0, Strike Through +5, Overwhelming +10, Accurate 6 +30, Effective 6 +30; Activation -10, Ammunition 3 -15, Build-Up -5, Elaborate Gestures -5, Open to Attack -20, Recoil -10]
Attack: 12 / DX: 10

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 02:55

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 60/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

"Uggggghhh..." Well, I wanted excitement, and that's exactly what I got. I guess I should look on the bright side; at least I'm not dead. That's always a plus.

I sit up, groaning, and rub my soar back. Well, drat. I don't know what caused the ship to crash, but at least they can't blame it on me this time. "Could be better," I take the captain's hand, and lift myself back up, "Hah! They tried. Never had much patience for it," I always preferred hitting things over fixing things, "I'll help where I can, though."

...Although it looks like I don't need to do much. The cute-looking wizard girl over there managed to cast some kinda first aid spell and heal all the injured passengers. Oh, she's heading my way now. "Could go for a drink or five, but I'm doing alright," I shake her hand, and I might have squeezed her hand a little too tightly, "Fang. Nice ta meetcha, Fia. That was one nasty crash, huh? Wonder what caused it."

Whoa, what the heck was that sound she just made? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cute, but it's still weird. "Nah, I think I'm good, but thanks for the offer!" I give her a big, toothy smile. I open up the bag on my side, and pull out a few drinks, "What'dya say, Fia?" I dangle the drinks in front of her, "You up for a few post-crash drinks?"

quote:


Name: Fang
Job: The most irresponsible Monk who might be slightly drunk most of the time.
HP: 60/60
Endurance: 60/60

Advantages: [Total +25]
Agile +2
Attack +3
Iron-Willed +2
Intimidating +3
Knowledge (Dragon Claw Style) [2] +4
Perceptive +2
Quick +3
Strong +4
Vigorous +2

Disadvantages [Total -20]
Arrogant -2
Dense -1
Dependency (Alcohol) -2
Fear (Mice) -2
Impulsive -2
Ineptitude (Magic) -2
Overconfident -2
Poor -1
Short-Tempered -2
Soft-Spot (Cute Boys/Girls) -2
Stubborn -2

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 02:54

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): Heal 4 (20) | Drama Dice: 0

My poor hand! My poor, poor hand! I'm pretty sure Fang would have crushed it into powder if I didn't have all that healing magic in my system still. But... man, my eyes were not wrong at all! This lady is the real deal! Those muscles aren't just for show! Of course, she brings up the crash. Why wouldn't she? It was the most exciting thing that had happened all trip. I laugh, maybe a smidge nervously, and say, "I think some of those bandits were packing vials of dragonfire. Nasty stuff, almost as nasty as..." My utter command of all things flame-related is what I want to say, but I catch myself at the last second. "...their breath! Woof." Yes. Perfect. Nobody will suspect a thing.

I gratefully accept a drink and sit down next to her. As I tap my bottle to hers, I take a mighty swig and sigh in contentment, "Pwaaaah! That's some good stuff! So where were you headed? I figure a badass like you can't be planning on settling down in a place like this, right?"

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 02:31

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 60/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

I sit down, cross-legged, and take one, big swig of my bottle, almost emptying half of it's contents. "Isn't it!?" I lean in a little closer, a mischievous smile on my face, and whisper in a low, conspiratorial tone, "Don't tell the captain, but this is actually his special booze. I, uh, 'borrowed' a few bottles from him while he wasn't looking."

I down the rest of my drink, "Ahh! There's nothing like drinking after a near-death experience!"

"Hah! You're right about that! I'm not planning on settling down anytime soon. As for where I'm going," I look up at the sky, "I'm heading to wherever the winds take me. Doesn't matter where. As long as there's food, booze, cute people, and adventure, then that's where I'll be!" I bring an arm over my new pal's shoulder, and ask her, "What about you, Fia? Where're you planning on heading off to?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): Heal 4 (20) | Drama Dice: 0

I match her mischevious smile, "My lips are sealed. Such a shame they went missing in the crash, right?" I take another big swig, but there's no way I can keep up with Fang! She's like some sort of Alcohol Elemental! ...Actually, that's entirely possible. I remember something similar coming up in my classes. Right, that's it. Not only is she unbelievably strong and big and muscular, she's some sort of magical enigma. I can't possibly let her wander off without me. For the sake of knowledge, of course. Not because of any weaknesses of the flesh or anything like that. "I'm looking for the Celestial Castle, myself. For..." I can't exactly lead with my thesis. Fang, bless her heart, looks like the type to assume that's some sort of horrifying wasting disease. "...that wish thing. You've heard of it, right?

I take refuge in the bottle for a moment, almost choking as Fang's arm pulls me tight against her. Sooooooo big and strong. Focus, Fia. Focus! You've got to be the unflappable Empress of Flames. I cough, hitting my chest a few times, then add, "But really, that adventure bit sounds pretty good to me, too." I do need a certain degree of actual field experience to fully realize my Unified Explosion Theory, so if Fang and me clear out a bunch of bandits or whatever along the way... Well, that's simply sound, logical thinking.

I look up at her, a little shyly, and add, "Want to tag along? I'd love to have some company on the road. Drinks are always better with friends, right?" So much better. "And we're both good in a fight, so between my magic and your insanely ripped body, we'd be unstoppable!"

...Did I think that bit about her body or say it? This booze is really starting to hit me.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 02:31

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

Morgan looked up in surprise at the question. Generally, people either knew he was a witch (because he blathered about the 'noble Delagrotte family' before he realize that meant nothing in this land) or they didn't, and he liked to keep it that way to have chance at their charity. So she must be an outsider, but also looking specifically for him... Threat, or opportunity? He glanced down at his clothes, they were fraying, turning brown from being exposed to too much sun and rain too fast. His shoes were starting to fall apart. If, if this was an opportunity, then he couldn't afford to pass it up. That was the reality of the situation.

So he put his knitting needles to the side and stood up to his full, not-very-impressive height, "No." He looked at the stranger straight in the eye, "I don't 'call myself' a witch from another world. I am from another world, and I am a witch." This moment of confidence lasted about a second, "But I haven't cast any spells since I got here, so I haven't committed any unlicensed witchcraft, okay?" Morgan ran his hands through his hair in a way that was very attractive, though he did not realize it, "Otherwise the constable would have me locked up, and I would be here. Understand? So, what do you need of--" He interrupted himself. This was a strange world, a hard world, he couldn't just offer people his help when he didn't know who they were! He had to be tough!

"Ahem. Sorry, who are you? And what do you need of me?" There. Get the name first, then do them a favor. That was what being tough meant.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 01:01

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Sunken Skyship (Fia, Fang)
Music: Apple Tree

Your peaceful chatter goes on for awhile before it’s interrupted by a clearing of the throat by Captain Wallace, who has come back around after examining the people that Fia had healed, his smoking pipe in hand and a bemused smirk on his face. It’s obvious that he had something else he needed to say, but couldn’t seem to find the right time to interrupt your casual flirting. With an expression that reads as if he’s attempting and barely succeeding at restraining laughter, he says,

“If you two are quite finished, there’s still some trouble I could use your assistance with. Or maybe I should say, some troublemakers.”

As you follow his movements, you realize that among the debris are several of the raiders from earlier. It appears that not all of them managed to make it back to their own skyship in time before the Claudia-Amana met the earth. Some are still unconscious, while others have awoken, but all are bound and tied. The one that Fang was tangling with catches her eyes and scowls at her, though the effect is lessened with the swelling over his left eye. Chuckling at the sight, Captain Wallace turns back to you two as he continues,

“Bit of a safety hazard to keep ‘em around here, but I’m not real interested in putting them down. We shouldn’t be far out from Granloza, if I’m not mistaken. If you aren’t too busy, I need you to escort these fine gentlemen to the city, where they can enjoy some time behind bars. Would go myself, but we still got a lot of folk here in various states of shock, anger, and demanding their money back. Mostly the latter. Need to calm them down, but that might take some time.”

He shakes his head, making it all too apparent that this is one aspect of the job that he’s not so fond of. Letting out another puff of smoke, he continues,

“I’ll send some of my boys with you as well, just in case. And if you could inform Governor DeRosa about our predicament while you’re in town, that’d be swell. Ask him to send some carriages too. We got some passengers that I’m positive have been carried more than they’ve walked, so they ain’t hiking out of this forest any time soon.”

Seems simple enough to the two of you. Technically, you could turn him down, but you are still being paid by the man. Probably. Potentially not in Fia’s case. Or you could offer up an alternative, if you have one in mind.

What do you do?

Fia - Claudia-Amana Crash Site

Captain Wallace then turns to you with a nod, saying,

“Good work taking care of the wounds, by the way. Put ‘em back together even better than before the crash. Guess even an Empress of Flames needs some healing in her back pocket, eh?”

He grins and starts to raise his pipe once more, before he pauses. There is an all too clear moment to you as he seems to deliberate to himself over the words he’s just spoken. Captain Wallace stares you at you dead on, as if he’s trying to read your thoughts. A second, two seconds, three… and then he shakes his head once more. Whatever conclusion he’s drawn, it doesn’t seem as if he’s considered that you’re the one who more or less brought his skyship down. Or if he has, then he doesn’t appear all that concerned presently. Still… best to be cautious, just in case, no?

Immediately going to the aid of the crew and passengers has given Captain Wallace doubts about implicating you as the culprit, though he seems to still be suspicious.

Fang - Claudia-Amana Crash Site

Looking to you now, Captain Wallace’s expression turns more stern, though almost in a… fatherly way? His tone is serious, but not entirely unkind as he says,

“I can understand going for a drink after surviving a mess like this. Believe me when I say I’ve done exactly the same when I was your age. More than once, even. When the job’s finished, feel free to go wild. But during? Try to keep the alcohol to a minimum. Need your senses sharp right now.”

While it’s obvious that Captain Wallace has good intentions here, and he’s still currently your employer, he might be coming off a little strong here for someone who has no real relation to you. Are you all right with being reprimanded like this? It’s true that you’re totally drinking on the job, but c’mon! You just walked off a crash from heaven, surely that warrants a sip or two? ...Maybe a bottle or two. And then, he says,

“Still, at least you have an eye for fine vintages. Amana brand wine! One of the best in the world, in my opinion, and I do consider myself somewhat a connoisseur. Have a stock of my own, in fact. Damned expensive, but all too worth it. Got to ask though, where’d you pick it up? Can’t imagine the old monks keeping that kind of drink about, and I don’t recall us stopping by Amana since we’ve taken you on.”

Ah crap, he noticed. Though, it doesn’t seem as if he realizes you’ve taken it from his own collection. Maybe you can still play this off… if you want to.

What do you do?

---

’Team’ Not a Skywreck (Amber, Morgan)

Amber - Asking an Innkeeper Questions
Music: Carefree

The innkeeper blinks once, twice, as you ask her about your mentor. It appears that this wasn’t quite the sort of question she was anticipating, though she hardly seems to mind. You get the impression that she’s the sort that likes to chat anyhow, and with you being the only customer currently present, she seems happy to be of assistance.

“Oh my. Sapphire Orleans, you say? That name doesn’t seem to ring a bell, but let me see here…” The innkeeper’s eyes narrow, holding the picture up close to her face. You wait patiently and listen to a number of “Hmm”s before the elderly woman returns the picture back to you. “I’m sorry, something about her seems awfully familiar, but I can’t recall why.”

Looking very much apologetic, the innkeeper seems as if she’s preparing to ask if she can help you with anything else, when the young boy begins to tug lightly at her skirt. She ignores him at first, gently brushing him away without any real annoyance or concern. Yet as he insistently continues to do so, she eventually gives in and turns to the lad.

“What is it, sweetie? Grandmama is busy right now, but-”

“Roons.”

“Runes…?” The innkeeper pauses, as she ponders over that single word. Another round of “Hmm”s go by before her eyes widen with clarity. “Ah, ruins! Yes, yes, I remember now. This young lady… Sapphire, was it? Very pretty name, I must add, absolutely lovely. Should have called my own daughter that. Yes, this Sapphire passed by some time ago, looking rather haggard and worn out. Nothing at all like this picture here. She stayed the night before going on her way, though she was quick in and quick out. Barely had time to remember who I was signing in!”

She chuckles at that, seeming very pleased that she’s managed to draw upon this memory. Then, she continues, “I did manage to ask her where she was off to in such a rush before she left, and something about ruins was all she muttered. Thought she was rather odd, but I didn’t feel it right to ask questions. That’s all I know, I’m afraid.”

All she knows, but it’s still a clue. An extremely vague, not immediately helpful clue. But a clue nonetheless. At least it’s something, which is slightly more than you had before. Unless there was anything else you needed to ask (and finishing off your lunch, of course), it seemed that it was time to be on your way.

Morgan - Being Interrogated by a Strange Woman
Music - Hazy Woman

The woman’s eyes seem to sparkle as you affirm yourself and press for more information. Whoever she is, she seems to respect the fact that you’re standing up for yourself and not getting caught up in her flow. That’s the impression you got at first, anyways. You’re not as certain after she straightens out her back and locks her gaze with yours, standing in an almost predatory stance now. With a smile utterly devoid of sincerity, she says,

“You don’t need to defend yourself. I’m not here to take you away, nor do I plan to report you to any authorities.” She seems to think on that for an intentional moment before adding, “Yet, anyways. Depends on if I leave this conversation believing you’re legitimate, or just a madman. Both, even. There’s always that possibility.”

Her smile sharpens with that statement, and this time, there’s a definite genuine aspect to it. The woman’s gaze begins to wander over your form now, gauging and evaluating what’s before her. You’re not exactly certain what she’s searching for, but judging by her frown, she doesn’t seem to have found it. Reaching into her pouch, she pulls out a small card with her face and several words on it. Her name, it seems, is Sabine LaChance, and it appears that she’s a professor at some academy called the Fleche de Sorcier. As you examine the card, you also eventually realize that the image of her face is somehow animated through magic. Eventually, because her expression is entirely too rigid and static, so it’s only the flowing of her hair that catches your eye. Seeming to believe that’s introduction enough, the woman continues,

“As the card says, I’m a professor, though right now I’m on leave. I was headed off to Granloza on a personal matter when I heard rumors around town about a strange boy who claims he’s from another world. It piqued my interest, so I figured I would see him for myself before catching a ride out of here. Got to admit, though, I was expecting you to be… more different, I suppose.” She shrugs, clearly disappointed. “Was hoping to learn something new, something I could focus on for my next project. Don’t think I’ll learn it here though. See ya.”

She tosses a coin in your direction, before starting to walk away. Wait, walk away? That’s it!? She just comes up to you like that, gives you the staredown, and then leaves you be? That’s… that’s… well, it’s better than being captured, sure, but that’s rather rude of her! So… what are you going to do about it, if anything? The fact that her card is magically animated has caught your interest, her behavior aside. Could she be a witch like yourself…?

What do you do?

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 00:22

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

What the...?

Who did she think...?

Despite his irritation, Morgan catches the coin. He does not pocket it, though, but holds it up in the air for all to see, "You're want to learn something new, something interesting to study, and you're going to just walk away?" He puts one hand over his heart, fingers spread out, "I came from a world... with automatic carriages." His voice rose in volume, "We called them cars. They used fire! Not horses, but fire itself to drive their wheels! I came from a world where we had airplanes! Not skyships, with cloth sails, but!" He struggled for words, "Giant... metal... vehicles! With wings made of metal! Made of steel! That's alloyed iron, you know!" His voice rose again, getting almost frantic, "I came from a world with... with... with flashlights!!" He began to shout, "Flashlights! They lit up a room, like candles, but they used the power of electricity -- that's what lightning is made of -- contained within a tube! A plastic tube!"

Morgan begins to stomp his feet, "You probably don't even know what plastic is, and, and, you have the audacity to give me one coin." At this point he began screaming, although, given his pitch, it was more like screeching, "One coin!? You, you come up to me, you inspect me, you insult me, and you give me only one coin! You savage! That barely buys CAT FOOD! I have nothing, and you know that, and you give me one coin!? I curse you!" Quickly, he checks over his shoulder, "Not literally, of course, but, I, ah figuratively, yeah, I figuratively curse you. I curse you to be thrown out of your world into some, primeval backwater that doesn't have cars, or airplanes, or flashlights. A world full of bigoted dolts who hate you because of your lineage. A world where nightmare bureaucrats chase you around for not having a license you never had a chance to earn! A world where some, some, some rear end in a top hat!! Shows up, takes up your time, mocks you, and then gives you ONE COIN for your trouble."

And he throws the coin back at Sabina, "Take your coin, and go to Hell! I don't care if you're a scholar, I don''t care if you're a witch, may the Devil eat you whole!" He hollars into the public street.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 01:35

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): Heal 4 (20) | Drama Dice: 0

...Ah. The Captain found me. Us, I suppose. Most of his grumping seems to be aimed at Fang, but I didn't miss that moment of suspicion. I mean, okay. I don't need the money he owes me. That much. Still, if I can keep in his good graces, that'd give me some funds to win over Fang. I bet she'd appreciate being treated to some drinks after we finish this escort job. So... What's my play? I could cast Charm Person, but that's a little iffy. If he takes it the wrong way or notices the spell it'd be real bad. Ugh, nothing for it. I guess I've got to use the freshman special. It's a little embarrassing, but you wouldn't believe how many lab fires it got me out of.

I look at the captain, my eyes wide and shimmering, and hit him with my best innocent puppy dog eyes. I say, "I'm real sorry about what happened to the Claudia-Amana, Captain Wallace. I can't believe those bandits were using dragonfire vials like that. If only I'd been a little faster..." I sigh, seemingly depressed. "The least I can do is help take them to town."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:35 PM
@Fia (Tricky): 5d6 Fia gives the captain some big ol' puppy eyes. = (6+2+5+5+6) = 12

Nobody that cute could possibly have exploded an airship!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0


Amber bows her head before the old woman. "Many thanks! This will help my search!" she declares. Inwardly, she wasn't really sure... but at least it revealed Sapphires goal somewhat. But... the shape she was described to be in worried her deeply. It feels like she understood Sapphires disappearance even less than she did before. What had happened to her to suddenly look haggard and worn out?

It was unacceptable. Whatever it is that caused Sapphire to be like this, she had to reverse it. She had to find her mentor, and help her. These... ruins are about as good as a target to look for as any. She knew that she moved on to Granloza, so all she had to do was ask there.

All of a sudden, however, her worried thoughts were interrupted as she heard yelling outside. It wasn't clear enough to hear the contents, but the frustration of the question was clear. Maybe she could help, Amber thought.

Having had finished her meal during her considerations, she gives the empty bowl back to the old woman. "Many thanks for the hospitality!" she thanks, bowing once again. "I will be right back, I just wish to see what that yelling was about."

That said, she walks out of the inn, and looks through the streets. Despite the relatively low population of the village, somehow the streets always had plenty of people walking about them. But the source of the yelling was all too apparent.

As demurely as possible, hoping not to attract aggression, she walks up to the frustrated woman. "Excuse me, Miss? Is everything alright? Do you need help?" she asks, with a tender smile on her face."

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

The intrusion of this new woman made Morgan realize how much of a scene he was causing. She was wearing fine, well-tailored clothing, and spoke with a sonorous voice. A high class lady. His begging instincts, sharpened by weeks of intense practice, kicked into overdrive; if he managed to stride the line between polite and pitiful perfectly, he might just get out of this scenario with a good haul.

Morgan takes in a deep breath, settles his voice to a conversational level, and runs a hand through his golden, somewhat dirtied, blond hair, "Oh, no, please don't be concerned. Everything's fine. It's just, she," and he pointed to Sabine, "came up to me while I was knitting," he brought Amber's attention to the spot where his needles, and begging cup, where, "made me get up, and then... judged me, I guess. She found me unworthy, flipped me a coin, and went to leave -- but, I don't deserve to be treated like that." His hand went over his heart, "Nobody deserves to be treated like, like something to be inspected, and, cast aside at will, right? So I was just letting this," and he spoke the next word with a venom that surprised even himself, "lady have her coin back, and letting her know how I feel. But really, there's no emergency, everything's fine." Morgan tried to put a smile on his face that could match the beautiful girl's, "Thank you for offering, but I don't need any help."

A sound came from Morgan's stomach.

...

And he realized how everything he'd just said was a lie.

Morgan falls to his knees, face pointing towards the ground, uncontrollable emotion ripping through his voice, "I haven't had a good meals in days! I used to eat toast, every morning! I used to have a bed, I used to have a family! I was a hero, a real hero, battling against the forces of evil, and now I'm lost in this!" He starts to punch the cobblestone ground, "Crazy!" punch "Floating!" punc-krak "Shi--ahh!" His hand! Cobblestone was not soft! Still resting on his knees, Morgan leans back, clutching his scrapped hand with his other, "I have nothing. My cat keeps bringing me dead mice to eat, and each time I wonder if today's the day where I'll do it. I miss my family. I miss my old life." Tears can be seen starting to shimmer out of the corner of his eyes, "And then this... lady... comes up to me and basically says I'm not a good enough witch to be interesting, and she only gives me a single coin, one single coin. Isn't that so rude?" He voice starts to slur a little as the emotional outburst finally begins to ebb, "Then I lost my temper. You showed up. I'm very hungry, and I do need help."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0

Hearing Morgans story caused Amber to blank out for a moment. It was far, far too close what she herself had experienced. No... that wasn't true. This girl had it far, far worse. She'd had a family, and lost it all. It was horrible. She just had to help. She didn't entirely follow the story, as she had been busy trying to decide on how to help her.

However, this person did mention that they were capable of fighting.

"I, uhm... I'm sorry. I... no, nevermind. How about we talk over a nice, warm meal? I'll pay. Take your belongings with you." she says, reaching out her hand to the kneeling woman. "I want to hear your story in full."

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

Morgan takes Amber's hand and uses it to rise to his feet, wiping stray tears out of his eye with the palm of his other hand, "That would be amazing. Thank you so much."

He collects his cup and needles off the ground, and reaches out his hand into an alley by the side of the inn, "This will just take a moment, if you don't mind waiting."

Morgan puts his right on overtop his lift wrist, fingers splayed downwards, and there is some kind of... spark? That appears over his outreached hand. Suddenly, on his ringfinger a red string becomes visible. It extends into the alleyway, and eventually goes out of sight. Morgan flicks his middle finger up and down in a rapid, jerky motion, kind of like how people pull a fishing rod when they get a catch.

Roughly half a minute later, a small black cat with an odd purple 'necklace' of fur wanders out of the alley. The red string around Morgan's ringfinger is tied to one of the cat's pause. "Come on, Sabbat, we're going inside." Morgan takes his right hand away from his left, the string on his finger -- Disappears? Stops existing? Becomes invisible? Whatever happened to the string, Morgan steps forward and picks the cat up.

"You came from here, right?" He says as he begins to walk towards the inn.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0

Amber watches Morgan's spell with innocent curiosity. What an interesting way to call for their cat! Such a cute cat, too. She had to fight the urge pet it right then and there. A bit distracted due to the cat, it takes her a moment to respond. "Oh, uhm, yes. Hold on, let me get in first, please." she tells Morgan.

"Hello again! I'm back." she warmly greets the innkeep. "I've brought a guest. Could you prepare a meal for them? Actually, make that two. I'll be paying, so don't worry."

Amber then guides Morgan to the same table she used beforehand.Suddenly, she remembers that she completely forgot to introduce herself. Oops. "Oh, where are my manners? I've completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Amber Orleans. You may have heard of me. And, uhm..." she says. She blushes a bit, before continuing with a question. "Can I pet your cat? It's very cute..."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 17:37

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 60/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

"Take the bandits back to town, lock 'em up, ask the governor for help. Sounds simple enough." A little too simple for my tastes, but whatever, at least it's something to do.

Ugh. Is the captain seriously lecturing me now? Who does he think he is, my dad? Come on, we just survived a crash! We totally deserve a few drinks after that!

I cross my arms, and sigh, not looking very happy over getting scolded "Alright, alright, I get it. No drinking on the job." No drinking when the captain is around, anyways.

"Oh! Uh," Oh, hell, he noticed the drinks! He's going to get really mad if he knew these were his! I gotta come up with a excuse, fast! "These, um... were given to my by.... Master Shen! That's right! You know how much the old man loves his drinks! He, uh, gave me these as a parting gift!" Yea, that'll do. Now I just have to hope the captain doesn't notice a couple of bottles missing from his collection later, or else a scolding will be the least of my worries.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

"Morgan. Morgan Delagrotte." He bows his head in respect to Amber. "And this is Sabbat. He's very friendly, so feel free to pet him as much as you like." Morgan sits down at a table. Inside this room, waiting for food to be served. It was the first time he'd this relaxed since... since he got to this last. With a sigh, he let tension roll out of his shoulders he didn't even know he was holding, "I haven't heard of you before. I'm sorry. But, I'm very new to Vidalgo." He paused, should he go into detail about his past? Would she believe him? If she, this incredibly nice person who'd gone out of her way to help him for nothing, couldn't believe him then there really was no hope for him.

With that determination in his eyes, he began to tell his tale with as much conviction as he could muster, "Actually, I'm very new to this entire world. I don't just mean Yunero-Kasa. Me and Sabbat -- we came from another dimension. Through a portal." He made a big circle with his hands, "I was... thrown into it. I don't know how the portal was made, I don't know how to remake it, and I don't know if there's any other way to get back. There wasn't... There wasn't any reason for me to come here, it was all an accident, and I want to go home." Morgan looked down at the table, his voice growing softer, "I want to see my family again. Even Serah..."

There is a moment of silence as Morgan suppresses the gnawing fear that he will never reunify with his family again, "Well, that's where I came from. But you said you wanted to know the 'full story', right?" He holds out his palm, and sparks a little of the Devil's Flame within it, "I'm a witch. The Delagrotte's are a long and storied family of witches, and the Coven we've founded works to protect innocents from the violence of villains and demons. In my world it's totally legal to be a witch. You don't need a license at all." He frowns, "Well, you'd need a license from the Justice Alliance to actually practice magic in public, but you wouldn't get in trouble for just calling yourself a witch. Oh!" He sets both hands on the table with an excited thump, "The Justice Alliance! Right. I wasn't just a witch, I was also a hero! Well, a junior hero, but on my way up. I think. See, the way it works is..."

At this point the food arrives from the kitchen, and Morgan's ability to tell a coherent story rapidly deteriorates. chew chew chew "I was actually the leader of the team, but --- ah, I haven't had real meat in weeks! -- that might've been kind of by default? See..." chew sip chew "Her name was Ashe, and she also came from another world! But not this one. It was a completely different world, but, oddly, people already knew about her because she'd been on TV? Okay, so, TV's are glowing screens that..." chew chew deep breath chew chew "Jessie was a mutant; do you guys have mutants? I mean, maybe you do, but they just hide away. Given how you guys treat witches, I can't imagine how mutants must feel... Anyways, Jessie had a giant hand that---" chew sip sip long sigh "Excuse me." Morgan turned to the old innkeep, "Could I get more tea? It's excellent." Then he turned back to Amber and continued his story, "So, Romhack could turn into videogame characters, and she was an expert at ésports. What are ésports? Well, they're kind of like sports, but they take place on those glowing screens I was talking about earlier, and..."

The innkeep brought out a cup of tea. Sabbat rose to its feet, gazing at the steaming liquid, and meowed. "Ah, I understand you, boy." Morgan turned his head towards the innkeep, "Could I get a saucer of milk for my cat? Just a small one, he's somehow still a little chubby despit--"

And at that moment, when his eyes were turned away from the table and his defenses were down, Sabbat tipped Morgan's mug of tea over.

"AH! Ho-ho-hooooT!" The young witch jumped out of his chair, boiling water dripping from his face and shirt. He began to pat himself rapidly. It didn't help much. "Ah, ah, ah!" He yelled again as the heat soaking his shirt began to drip downwards into more... sensitive areas.

With only raw panic on his mind, Morgan tore his ratty shirt off, revealing...


quote:

Morgan (Scrree) - Today at 10:32 PM
/roll 6d6 #Rolling Beautiful for a reason you'll see soon.
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:32 PM
@Morgan (Scrree): 6d6 Rolling Beautiful for a reason you'll see soon. = (1+4+3+4+4+5) = 21
Morgan (Scrree) - Today at 10:32 PM
12
Exceptionally Beautiful

Everything. Morgan revealed all of it to everyone in the inn.

Especially Amber.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2017 around 02:35

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0


Amber does her best to nod along, but her face reveals her growing confusion. It's fairly sure that none of makes sense to her. In fact, she was worried that Morgan was delirious from hunger. As she listens to Morgan, she is absentmindedly petting Sabbat.

"Uhm, I don't really understand any of this, sorry. I, uhm..." she tries ro reply, as Sabbat does his thing. "Oh no! I am so, sorry! I could have held..."

It's almost like her brain stops working when Morgan takes off his shirt.

First off, she was completely taken by surprise when it turned out that Morgan was a boy. A very, very pretty and handsome boy. Secondly, a very pretty and handsome boy that just TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF. Directly in front of her.

The combation of these things left Amber flustered. She was blushing so heavily her entire face seemed red, and she could not tear her eyes off him. She ended up taking in his body, staring far too much, before finally managing to put her hands on her face, trying to tear her gaze away from him...

But even then her fingers kept slipping open.

" Just... Just... come with me! I'll, lend you something dry!" she declares, before all but running upstairs, emberassed by her reaction to the sudden topless pretty boy in front of her.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

As Amber covers her eyes and a blush appears on her face, it hits Morgan that he just undressed in a public area. Oh sure, the inn wasn't exactly crowded, but a matching blush began to appear on his face. "Uh, oh, I'm sorry for... I mean, yes, let's go."

There was one last thing he needed to do before they could leave the dining hall. Morgan raised his hand not holding the ratty, soaked shirt, and pointed at Sabbat, "I curse you."

Sabbat meowed, trundled up, and licked Morgan's outstreched finger once.

"Oh, I can't do that." The shirtless witch moved forward and picked Sabbat up in one smooth motion. Turning to Amber, cat and shirt in hand, he asked, "So where's your room?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0

"It's right here." she tells him, as she unlocks the door. Moving in without waiting for him, she sifts through her things. It's very quick that she has a LOT of clothes with her. Finally, she ends up with a set of pants, and a blouse.

... It'll probably be fine, considering how feminine Morgan looks...?

"Here, take these." she says, handing Morgan the set of clothes. Awkwardly staring at the wall, she does her level best to force herself not to catch some sneak peeks. "Are you done? Alright, uhm. Have a seat, please." she requests. "Uhm, so... you've really seem to have gone through a lot. I... I understand, I want to help. I want you to have this."

She pulls out a small, nondescript bag. It chingles with a metal chime as she does so. Inside is enough money to last Morgans at least 2 months, if well budgeted. With a smile, she presents it to Morgan. "Here, take it. It's yours."

"Additionally, I... want to ask something. You said that you've fought villains and demons before? I'll admit, I didn't really understand most of it, but... you seem brave. And honest. I can admire that. I'm... not really all that brave myself, but--" she starts up, before cutting herself off. "Nevermind. Let me get to the point. I wish to hire you as my bodyguard. But... hear my out first. I... I'm doing something most people would probably call me crazy over. See, I'm looking for someone who is very dear to me. But... they've gone missing. I've been travelling the world trying to find them again, but... so far, all of my efforts have been in vain. I think I got lucky so far, but... the skies aren't exactly safe. Travelling as much as I am is extremely dangerous. Please... Please help me. I want to see my mentor again..." she pleas to Morgan, with the best puppy dog eyes she can muster.

Having said at all, she wasn't exactly sure why she trusted Morgan so much. Perhaps she had been entranced by his looks? Perhaps it was a sense of kinship? Who knows... Right now, Amber didn't care. She just felt this was the right thing to do.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 21:11

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 40/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0

As Morgan was handed the pair of clothes behind the curtain, he frowned. The pants were nice, if a bit tight, but a blouse? For a brief moment a war raged inside him, but eventually the desire not to be shirtless in front of a very pretty, very nice girl won out. He put it on without complaint.

When Amber hands him the bag, his eyes nearly pop out of his head. That was so much money! More money than he'd made in this world before, and possibly more than he'd even made in total! And Sabine thought she was being kind giving him one coin; hah!

But as Amber speaks Morgans eyes draw away from the moneybag, and his expression became more somber. This was... this was important for both of them. A pivotal step in their life's journey. Morgan understood that, and so he did he best to look serious and listen intently. Even Sabbat, who'd followed them into the room, was less fidgety than usual.

Amber makes her final plea. Morgan gazes at her face, trying to find the right words to say. Finally, after a moment, "I know the pain of missing someone... missing people. I've been seperated from my family and my comrades for over a month, now. And," his eyes finally fall a bit as he forces himself to confront a harsh truth, "for me, I don't know if it's even possible for me to see them again." He swallows involuntarily as those words leave his mouth, "But, for you..." Morgan turns to the window, pointing to the distant horizon, "If your mentor is out there, that might be even more frustrating? Like, I know what I'm looking for might be impossible, but you might see your mentor on the street tomorrow!" He paused, wondering if what he wanted to say next was too harsh. "You probably won't, though. I... don't know how you feel, but I think I would find that very painful..."

He turned back to Amber. He'd already decided to agree, this was all just formality. But, still, it felt important to do it properly. "I think you're a kind person, Amber, for helping me so much. And I think you're a strong person, for risking so much to find your mentor. I will help you."

Morgan placed his hand over his heart, summoned the Devil's Fire that rested within him into the world, and in a flourish of flame his armor appeared around him.

He bent down on one knee, "I, Morgan Delagrotte, do swear to protect Amber Orleans with all my life and power until the day she reunites with who she searches for, or until our contract becomes mutually forfeit."

...

...And outside the window, skyships and flames danced within the air?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Sunken Skyship (Fia, Fang)
Music: Apple Tree

“Dragonfire, eh? Hmm, dragonfire would certainly do it, yes. Strange they’d go so far to bring us down, but… it’s not impossible. Perhaps one of them dropped a vial by accident during the boarding.” Captain Wallace scratches absent-mindedly at his beard, pondering over what Fia has just told him. After awhile, he seems to have decided something to himself as he says, “Hm. Well, whatever the case, I suppose it hardly matters. What’s done is done. All I can do is see these passengers to Granloza, and find out if the Claudia-Amana has any chance of being repaired.”

Pocketing his pipe as Fia and Fang affirm that they’ll take the remaining raiders to the city, Captain Wallace merely smiles as he notes the hint of annoyance in Fang’s tone and says, “Ah, suck it up. This’ll be the last thing I need from you two before handing off your pay, considering I don’t have much of a skyship left for you to guard. After that, drink all you want.” Raising a brow as Fang mentions one of her previous mentors, the captain continues, “Didn’t realize Shen was keeping a stock like that hidden from me. I’ll have to have a word or two the next time I pass by Windfall.”

With the small talk finished, Captain Wallace motions to two members of the crew, who hustle the captured raiders to their feet and push them towards your direction. Bringing out a compass from his coat, the captain stares at it for a moment before tossing it over to Fia. “We’ve landed eastward from Granloza, if I’m not mistaken. Move quick and you should be able to make it to the city before nightfall.” Grinning at Fang, he adds, “You get the governor’s boys out here fast enough, maybe I’ll even buy you a round or two as thanks. If you have any other questions, Christoph should be able to handle them for me.”

Nodding one final time, Captain Wallace retreats back to the wreckage of the Claudia-Amana. One of the crew members assigned to you, presumably Christoph, steps forward and cracks a smile that has more than a few teeth missing. He then does a somewhat overdramatic bow as he says,

“Lead on, misses. Me and Hughes here have ya covered.”

Fia - In Some Woods Close (?) to Granloza
Music: Would You Like an Apple?

Whether it’s with the compass the captain threw to you or through some other, less mundane means, you’ve been leading Fang and the rest of your merry entourage westward for what feels like a decent while now. What is there to say about the journey? It’s… well, it’s a forest. There’s plenty of natural beauty, of course, and the sunlight peeking through the canopy is appealing aesthetically and all. But besides that? You’ve seen one tree, you’ve kind of seen them all. That’s an exaggeration, obviously. Or at least it should be, yet the more time you spent in these damned woods, you start to wonder.

It’s not all bad though! You’ve made a new friend in Fang, at least. Maybe even something more. Or maybe not. Who knows how these kind of things turn out, right? Actually… do you know? Student life at the Fleche de Sorcier could be rather hectic for its many promising young wizards and witches, and while there’s no doubt plenty of hormones rampaging about just like any other academy, finding time for relationships tended to be more difficult than one would like. So? Give me the details! Have you been in a significant relationship before? If so, who was it with, and why did it end? If not, were you simply not interested before, or were you simply too preoccupied?

Well, regardless, that hardly matters here in the present. Right now, you need to focus on getting out of this forest. So long as you keep on heading westward, you should eventually break through the trees and be within view of Granloza. You’ve been moving for some time now, so you can’t be too far from the main road. Probably…?

Fang - Following the Cute Wizard Girl

Whew! You actually managed to throw off Captain Wallace with that completely bold-faced lie. Probably helped that he wasn’t all that suspicious of you in the first place. Heck, he even offered to buy you a round of drinks later. Well, maybe, anyways. Gotta get these lugs to the governor first. After that, it’s payday! Which is good, ‘cause other than the drinks you’ve been carrying around, your pouches are pretty empty. Of course, it’s also pretty likely that the coin is gonna go right back into buying more alcohol, but hey, it’s your money to burn, right? Though… maybe you should consider looking into a gift for your new lady friend here. Big city like Granloza, probably has quite a few merchant stalls. Or, y’know, you could also just buy Fia some booze too. That might work. Speaking of, you’ve certainly warmed up (no pun intended) to this Empress of Flames real quick, now haven’t you? She’s definitely a cute one, that’s for sure, and a very different sight compared to the old men back on Windfall. Here’s hoping she likes you for more than just your muscles (though maybe that wouldn’t be so bad either).

Marching onward through the forest, you instinctually listen to your surroundings as you walk and possibly talk, past training kicking in. Be one with nature, or what not. Dull as that island of monks may have been, they taught you a lot of useful tricks and techniques. Ones that you use even now to collect the coin to feed yourself, to access the alcohol you so crave. Without that training, where would you be right now? Do you have any regrets from leaving Windfall so suddenly? Is there anything you miss from back then?

Maybe yes, maybe no, but whatever the case you can’t ignore the fact that someone’s been drilling a hole into the back of your skull the entire time you’ve been walking. Well, not just ‘someone’. Specifically, it’s the raider from before you were gonna give a smacking before the entire ship went down in flames. Then he begins to walk faster, towards you. At the same time, you notice that Christoph and Hughes seem to be distracted chatting with one another. Preparing to defend yourself if necessary, the raider stops outside of punching range and instead mutters,

“Hey, listen. Fang, was it? You ain’t really gonna just turn us over to the law, are ya? I mean, it’s not like anyone got hurt! Who knows what they’ll do to guys like us? I ain’t asking ya to cut us loose or nothing, just maybe… look away for a small while. You’re a merc, right? I know a stash or two around these parts. I can pay you some good money if you’d do this for us. Whaddya say?”

...Are you serious. Well, uh.

What do you say?

---

Team Not a Skywreck (Amber, Morgan)
Music - Hazy Woman

As Morgan begins his rant and tirade on his world, the world that he once belonged, Sabine turns around with an unmistakable look of “Is this guy serious?” Yet surprisingly, she stays silent the entire time, and actually seems to be listening to you. Not, mind you, with any real interest or anything. Mostly she just seems to be amused by the extent to which you’ve blown up, and is content to just let the whole situation ride out. So it’s with her guard down that she starts to reply as Morgan finishes his speech, and it’s with her guard down that she’s completely unprepared for the coin flung her way. Landing quite solidly in the middle of her forehead, the singular coin slides off and clatters against the cobblestone. There’s a flicker of rage in her eyes… and then she rears back, hand pressed up against her forehead as she bursts into complete and strangely very sincere laughter.

“Kuhahahaha! Amazing, absolutely amazing! I was wondering what your reaction would be, but this, this was even better than I expected! And the old timers at the academy wonder why I love getting out of that dusty old building. The kinds of people you can meet when you get your head out of a book!” Her eyes snap back to Morgan, with a challenging flame reflected in them. “Cars, you say? ‘Airplanes?’ ‘Flashlights?’ Astonishing! But can you show to me what you describe? Can you prove that this is truth, and not merely some fantasy drawn out in your addled mind? If so, I will retract all that I have said, and even gladly so! But you cannot, can you? And that is why I have no interest in this discussion. Amazing and astonishing it may be, but without proof, without evidence… you still sound like an absolute madman to me, if a rather charming one.”

Re-pocketing the coin thrown back at her, Sabine seems to be given pause as she watches a certain finely-dressed young lady coming up the street, as if the sight made her remember just where she was. Thinking for a moment, it’s clear that the professor has more she wants to say, but settles instead for one last parting remark.

“Believe me when I say I wish your tale was true, boy. The world would be far more… amusing if it was. But to 'make portals to another world' is not magic, it's dreams. Only the Celestials could've attempted something like that, but why would they?” She mutters, less to Morgan now and more to herself, “Well, that’s what I hope to find out.” With that, Sabine stalks away towards the village exit as Amber arrives on the scene.

---
Music: The Sun Shining Through

As the duo return back inside the inn, the elderly innkeeper sets off to make a meal as requested, though there is a moment of hesitation as she realizes that it’s Morgan who has come in. Only a moment, however. The young boy from earlier, on the other hand, is very obviously hiding around the corner, listening into your conversation. As Morgan begins to speak more and more about his world, however, the boy also very obviously grows more and more confused by what he’s hearing. Eventually, he gives up and wanders off, apparently having decided to play elsewhere. Amused by the whole situation, the innkeeper brings out the cup of tea called for, beginning to say,

“Of course, dearie. Milk, was it-”

That’s around the time that Morgan’s shirt comes open, much to the pleasant and possibly confusing surprise of the innkeeper and a few other patrons that had come in since Amber first left. There’s a distinctive “Oh, my,” from the elderly woman as the two of you rush upstairs, though some time later you hear her knocking on Amber’s door, having left a somewhat rough looking towel. The clothes situation is thankfully resolved as well, if in a slightly unexpected manner. Though at least Morgan rocks the outfit unsurprisingly well (much to his inner chagrin)! Finally, with an arrangement and a duty sworn, Amber and Morgan prepare themselves to head towards Granloza in search of Sapphire Orleans-

Music: Sudden Storm

-wait, what is that ball of fire you can see through your inn window? It’s… it’s… a skyship!? From the village of Vidalgo, the young idol and her newly sworn armored witch watch as the Claudia-Amana sinks below the horizon, crashing down into a forest they can only barely see the tops of. Not too far off, they can also just make out another, smaller skyship bearing a black flag, descending close by to the burning vessel. Stunned and confused, the two eventually make their way to the carriages at the end of the village, intending to ride forth and see what assistance they can offer, if any. Or rather, the carriage, as only one seems to be prepared to depart at this exact moment. And among those passengers sitting inside is-

“An entire skyship? Incredible...”

-Sabine LaChance? ...Oh, right. She did mention she was also heading to Granloza, didn’t she? Well then. You could take this same carriage, or wait for another to get ready. Though with the minor chaos going on amongst the villagers from witnessing a skyship get blown out of the air, that might take awhile. Could be too late to help those that need it…

What do you do?

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 22:12

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0

Amber flinches as Morgan starts his little contract act. Well, at least she was convinced of his capability to fight now. The armor looked well-made, intimidating even.

Before a massive explosion in the distance caught her attention. She started at the blazing fireball in the sky with slack-jawed horror. "We've got to help...!" she mumbles, before she runs out of the inn, after haphazardly packing her things together and hastily giving the innkeep her money.


----


Amber rushes into the carriage, but somehow still manages to do so gracefully. In the interior, she sits down prim and properly, as if she didn't just sprint all the way over here and throw in her luggage. (Well, the part that she didn't make Morgan carry...)

She looks at the woman with a relatively neutral face. She did seem a bit familiar, but she wasn't able to place it, so she just ended up ignoring it. Her mind was still filled with the fallen skyskips and it's passengers.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 50/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: Yes!

It took a lot of willpower not to drop all of Amber's bags on the ground, point at Sabine, and start yelling.

But he held. And when she turned towards him and looked him with eyes of vague disinterest instead of surprise, Morgan realized his advantage. He in his armor, now, and still wearing his helm -- Sabine did not recognize him.

This brought a question to his mind. Was Sabine his enemy? While she had been very, very rude to him back on the street... probably not. She seemed more insensitive than actively malicious. But was she Amber's enemy? Or a threat to her? The card Sabine gave him, the way her image moved on the paper, came up in his mind. This world didn't have the technology to cause such an effect, it had to be magic.

And if growing up in a coven of witches taught Morgan anything, it was that magic is never not dangerous.

With these thoughts in mind, Morgan loaded a suitcase of Amber's clothes into the carriage, acting like nothing more than a simple footman.

He stepped out of the carriage to grab her second suitcase.

...and her third...

Before finally sitting down next to Amber inside the carriage. Sabbat followed closely behind them, jumping up and curling into a ball on Amber's lap. What, not his? Good that he liked her, but... Morgan squashed a spark of jealousy in his heart.

As the carriage finished loading and starting to move almost everyone's eyes were outside the window, watching the falling of the skyship unfold before them. With his face hidden, Morgan was free to... just look at Sabine.

What was she wearing? Did any of her jewelry spark with the flame of magic? Did she smell like the acidic bite of a hex? Sitting across from her, did his skin tingle with the damp weight of a curse? Morgan opened all of his senses to their fullest extent,

quote:

Morgan (Scrree) - Today at 7:29 PM
/roll 4d6
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:29 PM
@Morgan (Scrree): 4d6 = (6+5+1+5) = 17
Rolling Sixth Sense! Ten!

Sabine turned her head from the window, sweeping her eyes across the other occupants of the carriage. Did she notice his leering? He couldn't turn away now. If he suddenly snapped his head when she looked at him, it'd be even more obvious. Instead, Morgan decided to engage, "Astounding, isn't it?" He pushed his voice box as far down as it could go. It didn't make him sound very manly, more like he had a cold, but as long as Sabine couldn't recognize him, "Do you think it was an accident, or," he gestured towards the black-flagged skyship, "combat?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): None! | Drama Dice: 0

Whew. Looks like the Captain decided to leave well enough alone. Works for me and, to be fair, works out for his crew as well. That'd be a fight that nobody really wants to have happen. Besides, I have better things on my mind. Like Fang. Look, I get it. Maybe I come off like I've never seen anyone like her before. Here's the thing. I haven't. Have you ever seen a wizard before? I'm not exactly a paragon of physical fitness — hells, I've been using magic to keep up on half this forest trek — but I was still pretty fit compared to most of my fellow students. Add in all the work I've been putting in on learning how to be the best wizard in the world and I haven't... You know. Exactly had anyone special. And who knows where this is going? I like her, maybe she likes me?

I look down at the compass, shaking it a bit, then sigh, "You'd think we'd be there by now. A moment, please. I'll take a look from above and see if we're on the right track."

Arcane power floods into my body and wings of fire erupt from my back. They're mostly for show — people don't take you seriously if you don't look the part, you know? — but they do let me fly well enough. I flap them a few times and soar up into the air. Now, where's Granloza...?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 60/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

Phew, he fell for it. Now all I need to do is take these chumps to the governor, get paid, and then spend the rest of the day boozing it up with my little wizard friend!

Do I have any regrets for leaving Windfall? No, I don't. Life is too short for regrets. Sure, I miss some of the people, and I miss the late night drinking sessions with Master Shen, but I was getting restless while I was living there. I needed some adventure in my life. I want to live life to the fullest, and I knew I couldn't do that while I was still living in that boring old place where nothing ever happens. Maybe I'll come back someday, but now? Now I'd rather go to the nearest bar, drink as much as I possibly can, and party all night long!

I side-eye the the bandit as he tries to make a deal with me, "Hmmm," I rub my chin, and pretend like I'm actually giving it some serious thought, "That's quite the tempting offer. Hmmmm, lemme think..." I swiftly turn around, and kick the tree behind him, causing the tree to break, and fall down from the force of my kick. "See that?" I point to the fallen tree, "That's what's going to happen to you if you don't march along quietly, and you better not even think about running away, or else this is what's going to happen to you!" I raise my leg high in the air, and bring it down on the tree, breaking it half.

"Do I make myself clear?"


quote:

@(Hugzilla): 9d6 Fang's going to intimidate the heck out of the bandit! = (5+1+1+3+6+1+5+4+3) = 29

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Into The Woods (Fia, Fang)
Fia - Above Some Woods Close (!) to Granloza
Music: Would You Like an Apple?

Soaring high into the sky on wings of flame, which is quite elegant by the way, you decide to take an aerial view of the situation before proceeding forward. A very smart idea, as it turns out, because apparently at some point you had veered slightly too far southwestward while travelling. You still would have made it onto the main road, but it would have taken you a fair while longer to reach Granloza. Speaking of which, you can actually see the city rather clearly from here! At your current pace and after correcting your path, you estimate you’re probably no more than a few minutes from reaching the main road. After that, you’re at most an hour and a half from the eastern gates of Granloza, maybe an hour if you really hustle. The temptation of flying onward is definitely there, but then you wouldn’t get the chance to chat with your newfound companion, and wouldn’t that be a shame? Besides, it’s not as if you’re in that much of a rush-

Hm? Is it just you, or did you see something moving through the trees? Something that seems an awful lot bigger than a deer or a wolf…

Fang - Scaring a Raider

As you tease the man with pretending to seriously consider his offer, the raider begins to lean closer and closer, looking more and more expectant and somewhat surprised that you’re actually listening. Then, ‘somewhat surprised’ turns into definite, stunned silence as you smash down an entire tree, startling everyone else in the group who hadn’t been paying attention to your little aside conversation. Christoph has drawn an axe, searching around for the source of the noise, before realizing it came from you. As Christoph’s eyes move onto the raider, he seems to have realized what’s going on and starts to push the man back into like, looking apologetic.

“Sorry ‘bout that, miss. Was, uh, having a chat with Hughes about what to do once we were in Granloza. You know, the sights to see and all that. ...Mind not mentioning this to the captain? He’ll chew us out big time if he knew we were slacking here. ‘Sides, not as if anyone got hurt or nothing, right? Heh, heh…”

Though he’s laughing, it’s obvious that Christoph is more than a little worried about getting reported. Whether you do or not, well, it’s up to you. As he said, it didn’t cause much of a problem in the end, but this is a relatively important task to be slacking on! Regardless of what you decide on or say to the man, you glance upward at Fia flying in the sky. Is that cool or what? Imagine what it must be like, being able to take the skies whenever you desired. Obviously you can do something similar by riding a skyship but it’s not quite the same, yeah? As you watch her while moving forward, however, you start to notice that there’s… something there. Or someone. Focusing in, you search for whatever’s catching your attention…

Team Towards a Skywreck (Amber, Morgan)
Music - Hazy Woman

Sabine slowly turns to the armored Morgan as he speaks, as if she was caught off guard, unprepared to be the one spoken to. Most likely because she actually was, as she came off as the type to lead conversations. She seems to turn over the question in her mind, giving Morgan a chance to reach out with his senses, the sixth in particular. And as he expected, or perhaps hoped, there was definite signs of magic written all throughout Sabine and her attire. Over Amber as well, he noted, or at least the staff she carried. As for the professor, there was the card she had given Morgan earlier, of course. Tucked away in her coat were several small beacons of mana, and judging by their relative size and Morgan’s knowledge of arcanery, these were most likely gemstones of some kind. Reserves of energy and mana for the sake of spellcasting, most likely. Finally, her earrings appeared to have some kind of enchantment on them, though just from a casual detection it was difficult to say what kind. As for her actual person, however… there was less of a magical aura around her then Morgan perhaps expected.

“Some kind of foul play, I would have to imagine,” Sabine begins to say, drawing Morgan out from his probing. “Skyships are built to endure a great deal of punishment, considering the threats they often face. So to bring the entire ship down like that is unlikely to be any kind of accident. Possible, but very unlikely. We’ll see enough, I suppose. Assuming that the crew managed to survive the crash.”

There’s a silence after that statement, with Sabine looking uninterested in any further conversation, her eyes turned back to the road ahead. You all ride forward, fearing the worst, thinking about how you might be able to help any survivors. Then, after some time, Sabine suddenly calls out to the driver,

“Stop the carriage!”

Team Everyone
Music - Battle Theme I (Unlimited Saga)

Startled by the shout, the driver pulls back on the horse’s reins, jostling Amber and Morgan around. Before the thought of asking why can even come to mind, the two in the carriage realize quite quickly: there’s someone flying in the sky being shot at! Unfortunately for Fia, though she did her best to track what it was she saw moving around, her lingering thoughts on Fang seemed to have distracted her enough to miss the cloaked figure drawing a crossbow bolt! And speaking of the wayward monk, she deftly ducks behind another tree as another bolt is shot at her, taking cover from a green-cloaked figure. Even as she does, she can hear the movement of several more here and there throughout the woods, making for the captured raiders. Before she, or anyone else closeby, even has a chance to react, two of the captured raiders are cut free!

“You.” Sabine snaps her eyes back to the armored Morgan, taking in his visage. “Are you a knight? Can you fight? I can safeguard the carriage, if you’re able to assist whoever is being assaulted right now.”

Though she phrases it as a question, it’s clear that she means it more as an order to get his rear moving. Rather annoying, but at least you were here to help anyways. Amber, on the other hand, seems to be getting entirely ignored by the professor. Which is reasonable, of course. It’s not as if she’s all that threatening… on the surface level anyways.

quote:

Enemies
Cloaked Figure C | Health: 7/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 12 (1st) | Action: Freed his group of raiders!
Captured Raider A | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 12 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Cloaked Figure A | Health: 9/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 10 | Action: Preparing to Engage Fia!
Cloaked Figure B | Health: 25/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 6 (1st)| Action: Going for the Captured Raiders!
Captured Raider C | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 6 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Green Cloak | Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 30/30 | Initiative: 5 (1st) | Action: Preparing to Engage Fang!
Captured Raider D | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 5 (3rd) | Action: Surprised
Captured Raider B | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 4 (2nd) | Action: Surprised!

Allies
Christoph | Health: 25/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 12 (2nd) | Action: Surprised!
Fang | Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 60/60 | Initiative: 10 | Action: Going!
Morgan | Health: 50/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Initiative: 6 (2nd) | Action: Waiting!
Amber | Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Initiative: 5 (2nd) | Action: Waiting!
Fiammetta | Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Initiative: 4 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Hughes | Health: 20/20 | Endurance: 20/20 | Initiative: 4 (1st) | Action: Surprised!

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jun 24, 2017 around 01:56

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

"Ahhh don't worry about it," I can't really scold them for slacking off since I'm guilty of doing that a lot myself, "Just don't let it happen again, alright?"

I look up at Fia flying in the sky. Man, that is so cool. I'd love to be able to fly like she is right now, and just go wherever the skies take me. Maybe I could get her to teach me how to do it? Magic can't be that hard to learn, right?

...Huh? What was that? Did I just see something move? Is that- Oh crap!

"Fia! Watch out!"

I warn Fia about the crossbow bolts being shot at her direction, and duck behind a tree as I see one heading straight for me. First the ship crash, and now this. Looks like today won't be as boring as I thought it'd be.

I should probably do something about the green-cloaked guy, but I'm worried about Fia. She's practically a sitting duck up there! I need to help her, but I can't while this guy's shooting at me. Looks like I'm going to have to try to take them both out at once.

"Dunno who you guys are, but you're messing with the wrong monk!" I dash from tree to tree, using them as cover from the crossbow bolts, until I get close enough to the man in the green robe. Before he even has a chance to react, I grab him, lift him off his feet, "URRRRRRRRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" and toss him, as hard as I possibly can at the man firing at Fia. That should be enough to help her out!

quote:

@Fang (Hugzilla): 7d6 Fang's going to save her magic friend by tossing green cloak at the guy shooting her! = (5+1+4+4+1+1+6) = 22
@TheFireMagi: 5d6 Green Cloak is bracing for impact! = (2+4+5+4+3) = 18
@TheFireMagi: 4d6 Is Fia's would-be shooter paying attention? = (3+2+2+2) = 9

Guy shooting at Fia suffers a complication, so I'd say he's pretty stunned right now!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 50/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: Yes!

Morgan scoffed, "I'm no Knight, I'm a--" He couldn't say witch, that'd reveal his identity right away. He coughed to interrupt himself, forcing his voice lower than normal, and tapped his breastplate with his gauntlet, "I mean. I'm no ordinary Knight. I'm a hero! Haha." He managed to say that line with an impressive amount of sincerity. Morgan had actually been a hero not to long ago. Well, a junior hero, but he'd die before telling Sabine that particular fact. He rapt his chest again, "Of course I'll assist any traveler in peril!"

Before he left the carriage he turned to Amber, "Come out, if you wish, or stay inside. I'll make sure you stay safe either way." Morgan couldn't keep the ridiculous gruff voice up when speaking to Amber. Well, hopefully Sabine didn't notice, or just thought he got soft-spoken when talking to his ward.

As Morgan stepped out of the carriage, he felt a flash of annoyance run through his mind. Not just because Sabine had essentially ordered him around. But, more than that, she'd been right to do. Her instincts were sharper than his; she had noticed the battle before him. Sabine's plan made sense, too. If she was the kind of Mage who relied on mana-infused gems to boost their spellcasting, than going into battle aggressively risked overextending her supply. Defending the carriage while sending out the strongest-looking warrior to assist against the bandits was the best way to make sure civilians stayed safe. It was a plan that any of the older heroes he admired within the Justice Alliance would've approved of.

Sabine was just so bossy, though! Did she think he'd have just stayed in the carriage if she hadn't told him to get out? But here he was, doing exactly what she said just because it happened to the right thing to do! Ugh!

So, it was with a large amount of projected frustration that Morgan marched up to the Cloaked Figure who'd just freed his two captured companions(?). The man turned towards Morgan, alerted by the witch's heavy metal footsteps.

Morgan punched.

quote:

@Morgan (Scrree): 7d6 Morgan Lets Gauntlets Fly on Cloaked Figure C! = (6+3+6+5+3+5+4) = 32
@TheFireMagi: 4d6 Can Cloaked Figure C not get his face smacked? = (1+3+1+2) = 7
18 Damage! Choosing to Stun Cloaked Figure C!

A good hit. It would've been a lot better if the figure's helm hadn't absorbed so much of the blow, but he still ended up reeling back, clutching his face and possibly broken teeth.

"Come on." Morgan yelled at the two just-freed raiders flanking the figure. "Come on!" He yelled again, loud enough for everyone in the clearing to hear, "If you're brave enough to attack innocent travelers, you ought to be brave enough to attack me! Right!?" He open-palm pounded his breastplate, letting the loud clang punctuate his challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Everyone
Music - Battle Theme I (Unlimited Saga)

Whatever the green cloaked figure was expecting as a counterattack, it was most certainly not Fang rushing in his direction and lifting him up off the ground. Struggling, he starts to level his crossbow once more towards the monk before she hurls him away, right into his companion that was aiming at Fia. Knocked to the ground, the bolt goes wild, and the flying mage watches as it goes by without even coming close to wounding her. Something that should be remembered once the scuffle is over, eh?

Another cloaked figure winces as he watches his two allies get tossed aside like ragdolls, but storms in and slices free the third and fourth bounded raiders before either Christoph or Hughes are able to rally a defense. He draws a scimitar, seeming intent on spilling the crewmen’s blood… before wincing once more as the cloaked figure that freed the first and second raiders is punched straight in the jaw by Morgan. Turning to the hollering knight, the cloaked figures seem hesitant, unsure of what to do…

“We’ve cut them loose! Get ready to move!”

...before the green-cloaked figure shouts, dusting himself off from being thrown by Fang. At his words, all the raiders seem to collect themselves, steeling their nerves for battle as they search around the battlefield for an opportunity to flee. For his part, the green-cloaked figure dips a crossbow bolt into a small vial before aiming at the monk that treated him so roughly. He grins, less out of malice and more with an apologetic look as he says,

“Nothing personal. Just gotta get these louts out of here.”

He fires the emerald-ladened bolt…

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 10:31 PM
/roll 8d6 #The Green Cloaked Figure fires a poisoned bolt at Fang!
SidekickBOT-Today at 10:31 PM
@TheFireMagi: 8d6 The Green Cloaked Figure fires a poisoned bolt at Fang! = (5+5+4+3+1+2+6+1) = 10
DX 5 and Continued Effect x1 (¼ repeated damage for 4 rounds)

Amber’s turn!

quote:

Enemies
Cloaked Figure C | Health: 7/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 12 (1st) | Action: Freed his group of raiders! | Condition(s): Stunned!
Captured Raider A | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 12 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Cloaked Figure A | Health: 9/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 10 | Action: Preparing to Engage Fia! | Condition(s): Stunned
Cloaked Figure B | Health: 25/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 6 (1st)| Action: Freed his group of raiders!
Captured Raider C | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 6 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Green Cloak | Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 30/30 | Initiative: 5 (1st) | Action: Preparing to Engage Fang!
Captured Raider D | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 5 (3rd) | Action: Surprised
Captured Raider B | Health: 10/10 | Endurance: 10/10 | Initiative: 4 (2nd) | Action: Surprised!

Allies
Christoph | Health: 25/25 | Endurance: 25/25 | Initiative: 12 (2nd) | Action: Surprised!
Fang | Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 60/60 | Initiative: 10 | Action: Gone!
Morgan | Health: 50/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Initiative: 6 (2nd) | Action: Gone!
Amber | Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Initiative: 5 (2nd) | Action: Going!
Fiammetta | Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 50/70 | Initiative: 4 (3rd) | Action: Surprised!
Hughes | Health: 20/20 | Endurance: 20/20 | Initiative: 4 (1st) | Action: Surprised!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply