Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Everyone
Music: All Under One Sky

At Fang’s words, the green-cloaked man looks around the battlefield (at least, best he’s able while stuck in the magical mud), before tossing aside his crossbow with a sigh. Putting his hands up, he says with an exhausted expression,

“All right, all right, I can tell when I’m beat. Men! Weapons down! Those of you still conscious, anyways.” He raises a brow towards the wayward monk, asking, “Could use some help, if you would.”

And with that, the sudden skirmish comes to a close with an overwhelming victory in favor of those being assaulted. Speaking of… there’s quite a few different faces here now, isn’t there? A monk, a sorceress, a dancer, and an armored knight (?). An unusual bunch to be sure, and for them to all be on one side even more unusual still. Perhaps there is a discussion there to be had, or perhaps it should wait. After all, for Fia and Fang, the ruffians they were meant to escort to Granloza have now doubled in size! You don’t actually seem to have enough rope to physically bind the whole lot, but after that display of combat prowess, you get the sense that they’re not all too interested in a second escape attempt. Still, some measure of additional security could be in order, if you so choose.

As the noise of battle dies down, Amber and Morgan notice Sabine making her way towards you, several gems held between fingers. Once she realizes that it’s your group still standing, she returns them to her pouch, with an expression that might register as being faintly impressed. Maybe. Whatever the meaning or intent, she doesn’t keep it for long, replacing it with a more neutral look as she approaches while saying.

“Scuffle over? Good, well done. Then let us return to the carriage stagecoach and continue on our way to Granloza.”

With that, Sabine nods to Amber and Morgan and starts to head back, seeming to think that’s all that needs to be said. Which is… technically not wrong, since now that the battle’s over, this isn’t exactly any of your business, but… maybe these folk could still use your help? Well, not that they can’t handle themselves, but since you’re here you might as well offer a hand or two. No telling if Sabine will keep the stagecoach waiting (probably not), but hey, sometimes good deeds come at a cost, right? Besides, maybe they know something about that skyship business.

What do you do?

Fia - Flying Above the Main Road

Well, most of the fight was settled before you recovered enough to sling a few spells, but you definitely showed your stuff off when you did. Seems like you might have impressed Fang with that even! Possibly even those two strangers who came to assist you. Speaking of, that girl that showed up to help you... Something about the napalm she shot off seemed different than your ordinary spell. No incantation, for one matter. Could be worth asking about. As you prepare to fly down and join the others, however, you spot from your vantage point…

...is that Sabine? Sabine LaChance? One of your old professors from the Fleche de Sorcier? What is she doing here? No, well, you can kind of guess. If the head historian on Celestial society is visiting a place like this, there can really be only one reason why: On this island is something or somewhere related to those ancient beings. Interesting. Could be worth investigating, if you can get her to open up to you about it. Which… could theoretically happen? Professor LaChance has never been known to be exactly a people person, at least from what you remember during your time at the academy, and considering you haven’t been gone from long you figure that’s unlikely to have changed. Still, something to keep in mind, especially as she seems to be heading for a stagecoach!

Then again, if you heard her right from all the way up here, it seems she's headed to Granloza as well, so you could always just find her there lately, presumably. Would give you more time to flirt with that cute monk, chat with the two newcomers that just helped you out, and figure out what to do about the eight scoundrels you've apparently got to watch over now.

What do you do?

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2017 around 21:49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: Napalm Ntames (4)

Amber waves over the newcomers.

"Come on over, if you would?" she greets the monk and the wizard. "Can I help you? Are you hurt? Did you happen to be on the skyship that crashed?"

Bombarding the two with questions, she finally calms down a little bit. "Uhm... sorry. got a little bit ahead of myself. My name is Amber Orleans," she replies, and pointing towards the armored figure. "And this Morgan. Can I help you somehow?"

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 46/50 | Endurance: 45/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: Yes! | String: 10/10 | Buildup: 0/1

Morgan stepped over to Amber, still in his armor. "I'm fine." He reassured her. Sure, his shoulder felt a bit bruised... But that was nothing she needed to know, right?

He looked over at the Giant and the Fire Mage, "Do you know anything about the downed airship? That's where we we headed."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 40/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

...Gotta say, I'm actually a little impressed that this girl can talk for so long without taking a breath.

"Nah, I think we're good. Name's Fang! The short one over there is Fia," I give them both a large, toothy smile, "It's nice ta meetcha!"

Amber, huh? Why does that name sound so familiar? Didn't one of my masters talk about a lot about an Amber?

Eh, it's probably not that important.

I look at the armored man when he asks his question, "The airship? Oh, right! We just came from there! Our airship crashed during a bandit raid, and we were on our way to Granloza to ask the governor for some help before those bozos over there attacked us," I point a thumb at the cloaked bandits, "Oh, thanks for the help, by the way!" I give them another big grin.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 40/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): None! | Drama Dice: 0

With a dramatic flourish of my flaming wings, I descend next to Fang and appraise the two facing us. The dancer, Amber, seemed a magician of sorts, but her techniques were... Odd. There was something off about them. My nose for magic told me that she was hiding some secrets. Much like her armored friend. If she smelled of magic, he positively reeked of it. Was that entire set of armor an artifact? It seemed very powerful.

I add in, "Nice to meet you, I'm Fiammetta. I appreciate your help with the bandits." Now, clearly, I didn't need help. They were all about thirty seconds from total immolation. But facts are facts and the two did help stop the bandits from running off. No real reason to douse their apparent good-will.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: Napalm Ntames (4)

Amber bows somewhat demurely in front of the two girls. "Nice to meet you two, as well! You said you were going to Granloza, right? Why don't you just hop on board? Don't worry, I'll pay for the ride." Amber offers. "Good to hear you're alright though. That crash looked nasty from afar. I can't believe bandits would do such a thing! I mean, what there were no islands to crashland on? That'd be horrible!"

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 46/50 | Endurance: 45/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: Yes! | String: 10/10 | Buildup: 0/1

After some discussion on Discord...

Morgan stepped inside the carriage, and informed the passengers of what Fang and Fia told him of airship.

"...And now they're on there way to Granzola. To deliver the prisoners, and too meet with the Governor and request assistance." He glanced at the other passengers, "The two warriors will take flight -- the mage can summon wings -- and watch from above. The guards will walk with the bandits, and everyone else will stay inside the carriage, keeping pace with them in case of another attack." Morgan paused for a second, "I doubt that'll happen, though. Villains aren't known for sacrificing themselves for their peers. They won't launch themselves at an attack that's already failed." Probably.

This time he glanced specifically to Sabine, "Any complaints?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team Everyone
Music: All Under One Sky

Sabine definitely seemed to notice the glance in her direction, and she had no intention of shying away from the challenge. Placing a palm to her chin, she smiled at the armored Morgan, saying,

“For one, I hardly see a reason we should delay our own travels just to assist with escorting some prisoners. Would you endanger the other passengers then, by keeping these scoundrels in close proximity to potential hostages?” At her words, said passengers go from reluctant but seeming willing to go along with this plan, to hesitant. Sabine, for her part, doesn’t seem to notice their reactions, nor does she appear to be drawing them out intentionally. She simply seems to be speaking her mind, now that you’ve given her an opportunity to do so. Perhaps a mistake on your part. “If you wish to follow through on your civic duty and aid these travellers, by all means, feel free to hop off and do so. But do not involve others in your heroism.”

The stagecoach driver peers around from his seat towards Sabine and Morgan with a nervous expression on his face, not entirely sure as to what he can or should do here. Eventually he works up the nerve to add,

“Sorry, lad, but I have to agree with the miss here. Don’t get me wrong, mind. You seem like a good sort, and what you’re doing for these travellers is admirable, but… I can’t really ask my passengers to play along with you, maybe even risk themselves at that. Wouldn’t be right, eh?” Sabine smirks and seems ready to add something of her own when the driver hurriedly continues, “Ah, but if you don’t mind waiting a while, I can return from Granloza to pick all of you up. Might have to twiddle your thumbs a bit, but should still be quicker and easier than if you were to make the journey on foot.”

Shaking her head, Sabine just sighs and leans back in her seat.

“Well, there you have it. You still get to play heroes, and the rest of us get to go about our business as planned. So, get then, off the stagecoach with you. The faster we get moving, the faster the driver will fetch all of you.”

Attitude aside, she has a point. Argue or yell back as you may, Morgan (and you would likely not earn the ire of any of the passengers for doing so), it seems the best option here is to retreat and bide your time. So, you do so.

---
Music: The Red Sky

The sun has begun to fall in the sky, though there remains a few hours of daylight left. Not much, however. Soon the moon shall start to rise, and the night shall grow cold. No problem in the comforts of an inn room, but if you’re on the streets, or camping out in the forest… could be more troublesome, to say the least. By this point, Morgan’s armor has faded away, to his surprise. For whatever reason, it seems harder to keep its form on this world than his own. At least it held out long enough to converse with Sabine, but you can feel it might be some time before you can draw upon its power again.

Morgan’s transformation ends! He returns to being a pretty, pretty boy.

For his part, the green-cloaked man has been a quiet prisoner, as well as his fellow associates. Well, verbally anyways. Some of the raiders have been shooting not at all subtle glares towards the bunch of you, but are hardly in a position to act upon their grudges. Even if they were, you doubt they have the courage to do so, considering the defeat they had just suffered. The green-cloaked man, however, doesn’t appear to be all that perturbed by his situation. If anything, he seems oddly relaxed, even open to a degree. If you had questions for him, it looks as if he would be willing to answer at least some.

Whether you interrogate the man or don’t, the stagecoach eventually returns for everyone, if a little later than expected. For that, the driver apologies, mumbling something about ‘needing a moment of peace first.’ Sabine’s name also comes up in that mumbling, and not in an entirely joyous tone either. Though it’s a very tight and cramped fit, you do manage to get everyone aboard the stagecoach. Fia being able to fly with her wings, and summon them as well, certainly helped on that front. Regardless if you travelled by land or by air, the journey continues, and eventually Granloza comes into sight. You pass through the gates (after a bit of confusion with the guards about the prisoners inside the stagecoach), and...



Even at this hour, the city is bustling with all sorts of people. Travellers, merchants, artists of various trades… just about anyone and everyone could be found, if you knew where to look. The driver brings the stagecoach to a halt, with Christoph and Hughes bringing out your merry band of captured men, handing them over to the nearby guards. Christoph looks to Fia and Fang, and to a lesser extent Amber and Morgan, saying,

“The governor’s mansion is in the northern district. We might be done transporting the raiders, but we still need to report in about the Claudia-Amana. You two coming along with? Know the Captain said you should but, uh,” he grins, “After you covering our backs, I’d be all right with covering for yours if you wanted to explore the city or something. Up to you.”

Well, as he said, it’s up to you. You could go with the two skyfarers to Governor DeRosa’s mansion as requested by Captain Wallace. Elsewise, you could explore the sights and see what fun might be had in Granloza. Perhaps even get the drinking party started early?

As for Amber and Morgan…your civic duty, as Sabine put it, seems to be complete. The prisoners have been delivered, and whether or not Fia and Fang go along with the two skyfarers, Governor DeRosa should soon be informed about the fallen Claudia-Amana. Seems that there’s nothing else needed from you here. The question is then, do you return to your search for Amber’s mentor and maternal figure? Do you spend some more time with your new acquaintances, wherever they might go? Or do you go your separate ways and enjoy what remains of the afternoon?

What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: -


Amber breathes out a sigh of relief as the tension leaves her. Finally, the scoundrels were taken care off, and they were in safety.

"Good work, Morgan!" she praises her bodyguard with a smile.

Walking forward aimlessly, she takes in the city for a bit. "Granloza, huh. Looks quite lovely. Not as beautiful as some other cities I've seen, but it is quite charming nonetheless."

She looks through the many, many shops and stalls with what appears to be practiced ease. "Oh! I see a boutique over there." she say, turning her smile towards Morgan and grabbing his hand. "Come on, let's get you some classy clothes! You'll need to look good too, if you're going to be my bodyguard."

That said, she drags him into the nearest boutique she can find.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 23:07

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 46/50 | Endurance: 45/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: No! | String: 10/10 | Buildup: 0/1 Fashion: Ruffled As gently caress!

The Past

Morgan waited until the Man in Green separated slightly from his fellows, and approached him with an intimidating look on his face. Well, the blouse he was wearing didn't help, but he tried to look intimidating.

"That sign you saw in the mud," Morgan kept his voice low, "have you ever seen anything like that before?"

It was a long shot, but this guy seemed fairly... vagaboundy. Probably been all over the place. It was a long shot, but maybe Morgan would get a lead on another witch? Anything was possible.

---

The Present

Another shop!? Amber had been roving through boutiques, plundering through whatever goods matched her standards. Which, honestly, was a surprisingly few amount of clothes. The previous three shops they'd entered, she only left with one item. Morgan had thought maybe that meant she was starting to slow down; the bag in his hand was starting to get pretty full, after all.

But something told him this time was different. When Amber entered the Majestic Swan, Morgan could see a glint in her eyes. She quickly began dragging shirts off the wall, each more ruffled than the last, and passing them to him to try on. It was hard for Morgan to want to say anything, she was buying him things with her own money! And he couldn't offer to pay with his own money, as he basically had none. "As long as I end up with a good pair of traveling boots," he accepted another armful of clothes, "I'm fine wearing whatever you think looks good."

His eyes traveled to the footwear section of the store. Holy poo poo! Morgan didn't know shoes could be that pointy!

--

A Little Later

She wanted to shop for herself as well. Of course, that made total sense. Morgan had accumulated around three bags of clothing for himself. Amber would probably pick up around the same amount...? A pretty big haul, but heck, considering that he was going from 'basically nothing' to 'fully outfitted', Morgan didn't mind.

"That looks great!" He said as Amber steps out in a new outfit. He wasn't lying, but... Amber could make a set of rags look great.

--

Later Still

"That looks great." Morgan had long gone past the point where he could keep any amount of enthusiasm in his view. So, three bags for him, six bags for her, this had to end soon, right?

He was starting to feel bad for Amber. She obviously wanted to show him Granzola, and the various fashions of this world. Amber seemed to have quite the passion for fashion, given how often she would make Morgan stare at her while she explained some intricate detail about a piece of clothing. She was putting so much care into this, and all he could do was numbly nod his head? No, that wasn't fair. Morgan had to keep the conversation flowing, but, what to talk about?

Amber stepped out in black dress with an orange rim, "Oh!" Morgan suddenly stood up, "Hah! You look like my sister!" He set the bags down and stepped closer to explain, "Sorry for that. Just that outfit reminded me of one of my sisters. I have five of them, all older, and they're very pretty." He nodded to himself, "Lots of suitors knocking on our compound's door, if you know what I mean." Morgan looked towards Amber's pile of bags, "Actually, a lot of what you bought reminds me of what they would wear. I guess maybe fashion between our two worlds isn't so different?"

With a confident and naive heart, Morgan told Amber that she dresses like one of his sisters.

--

Even Later Still

What a terrible mistake he made. Soon after Morgan brought up family, Amber had totally switch gears and started shopping for swimsuits. Was there even a body of water near Granzola? Morgan didn't know, all he knew was that you could buy swimsuits there. And they had bought

so

many

swimsuits.

"Very fitting." he commented, one hand over his face to avoid seeing too much flesh and avoid losing too much blood. He sat inside a pile of bags, so many bags, a dozen? A dozen. Big and densely packed, too, you could use these bags as bricks for buildings. Build a sturdy throne out of them. Perhaps that was his new calling in this world. Instead of the Armor Witch, he could be The Bag King.

Morgan realized he was going crazy, and glanced up at to sky to try and clear his head. Oh, when had the sun gone done?

"Amber!" He shot up, "It's getting dark, and as your bodyguard I implore you that we seek immediate shelter." He held up a hand; Morgan had no idea how scary Granzola was at night, but he definitely knew that going to one more shop would endanger his mental health. He began to pick up the bags, his form soon becoming hidden behind their mass. "Let's get... somewhere... soon, please!" Morgan spoke through the wall of paper and cloth, "I can't really see, so if you could lead the way...?"

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 00:14

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: -


Amber hums happily as she strolls from shop to shop, remaining blissfully ignorant of Morgan's growing overencumberance. This was so much fun! Even more so, thanks to him being around. Morgan was a very cute boy, after all. Making him her bodyguard turned out to be a masterstroke! She's going to be able to spend so much time together!

Soon after she thought back on this, they entered the Majestic Swan. She had heard a lot about this boutique - said to be the best in the entire region! And truly, it immediately glimmered to her like a dragon's hoard. This is it. This is the place where she will find everything she will ever need!

---

They truly had everything! Festival outfits. Hiking clothes. Even swimsuits! Some of these looked a little bit... lacking in cloth, but nonetheless they looked wonderful. After having sifted through the entire shop for clothes for her bodyguard crush, she begins shopping for herself.

Naturally, she had to explain the fashion to him, as well. Given her usual clientel, the upper class, he needed to be in the know in such things. Thankfully, he seemed very attentive!

Morgan's sudden explanation about his sisters lit a fire in her eyes. There was no way she was going to let his sisters avert his gaze from her! ... The facts that said sisters are currently in a different dimension and also not really vying for Morgan's attention is not one that struck Amber at this moment, for her feminine rivalry instincts had activated. "I'm not going to lose!" she thinks... out loud. Quite audibly to Morgan. "I've got plenty if suitors myself, I'll let you know!"

Immediately, she dashes off to the swimsuit section. If Morgan's sisters have access to such wonderful clothing as well, she simply had to use other means! She knew, for a fact, that swimsuits are very popular with boys. As such, she picked a huge variety of them, and disappeared back into the changing room with them. Starting off with one-piece swimsuits and slowly going to bikini's, Amber made sure to expose Morgan to as many of them as she could.

Inwardly, she grinned almost predatory. Morgan would be hers! Her pride as a woman demanded no less.

---

Beaming with happiness, she left the boutique. As Morgan noted the need for shelter, she nodded. "Oh, of course. I just... kind of lost track of time. Let's go find an inn. ... Oh! I remember hearing about a really good one. It's called the Lakeside Hill in, and it's got quite the beautiful view. Let's go there!" she declared.

As Morgan raises his hand, her first instinct is to reach out to it, to try and grab it. But far too quickly, it reaches towards the bags, and Ambers can't help but sigh inwardly. Maybe next time, she mused. As the bags slowly hid his wonderful form, she frowned.

That is a lot of bags she had bought! ... and they're taking away her chance to sneak some peeks at her crush...

"Sure thing!" she replies, walking forward with confidence as she follows the street signs to her goal. "You know, this was really fun! Let's go shopping again tomorrow!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 00:17

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 46/50 | Endurance: 45/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: No! | String: 10/10 | Buildup: 0/1 Fashion: Ruffled As gently caress!

Amber's words chilled Morgan's blood.

"We can't!" he yelped from within his fortress of bags. "Because! Because..." He needed to think of something, anything.

"I promised Fia and Fang we'd meet up with them tomorrow! Yeah, we're going to meet... for food and drinks! Ha ha, ha, did I not tell you?" The pile of bags that Amber could see wobbled mournfully, as if expressing an apology, "I'm sorry. I thought I told you, but it must've slipped my mind. Those two seem like very, uh, power people, and as your bodyguard I think we should befriend powerful people so they can help protect you." Morgan paused, taking a deep breath, "So we can't go shopping tomorrow!"

He began to amble vaguely in the direction Amber had been moving, "Lakeside Hill Inn is up this way, right?" If he moved fast, maybe he could keep Amber from questioning his story?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: -

Amber seems almost dejected for a moment. "Awwwwwwww...." she complains. "Well, alright. You do raise a good point. Maybe I can hire them, too..."

She turns a corner. "Yeah! We're almost there. We just need to go up this hill and we're there!" she says... pointing at a pretty long stretch of road. Poor Morgan.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 40/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

A bit before Morgan is dragged off to Shopping Hell

Wow, this is just... wow! I've heard stories about cities like Granzola, but this... this is way grander than I expected it to be! It's nothing at all like the small village near the monastery. This place is huge, and the houses are so big, and there's so many cuties!

Speaking of cuties, I sure didn't expect Morgan to look so, well, pretty. I was expecting a gruff-looking man under all that armor, not a very-pretty effeminate boy. Not that I'm complaining. I do prefer my men to be more feminine, and usually, I'd be all over him, but eh, he's a little too young for my tastes, and that Amber girl seems a little attached to him.

"Have fun, you two!" I say, as Amber drags Morgan away on a shopping trip.

"Hm..." I take a moment to think about it. The captain did ask us to report to the Mayer, and it would be the responsible thing to do... but I really really really want to explore the city! I guess it wouldn't hurt, and it's not like the captain'll ever find out! "Alright," I nod at Christoph, "I'll leave it up to you, then! Let us know if anything comes up!"

Once they're gone, I look at Fia, with a big grin on my face, "Looks like it's just you and me, now, li'l buddy! Come on," I bring my arm around her shoulder, and pull her in really close, "Let's go have some fun!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 40/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): None! | Drama Dice: 0

Needless to say, I very much enjoyed flying with Fang to Granloza. Perhaps it was her martial training, but she took to the wings faster than anyone I'd seen before. It was quite fun to compete in displays of aerial acrobatics. It was as if we were a pair of pheonixes, cutting through the air in looping, flaming paths. Though, I couldn't help but think... Isn't that how some species court each other? I'm sure I read something about that before.

If this was that, well... I liked it. A lot.

---

I watch our two new acquaintances walk off into the city. After having more time to inspect the armored witch, Morgan, I've decided that he'll be a worthwhile subject for further study. His armor is impressive, yes, and his magic mysterious. Perhaps not sharing in the same grandeur of my own mastery of flame, but worth learning more about.

As Fang drags me into her incredibly strong embrace, I feel my heart flutter, my thoughts utterly derail, and I melt into her arms. I say, "Fun! Yes! Good!" A brief pause as I wipe a trickle of blood from under my nose. "...Can I buy you a drink? Several drinks? All the drinks??" I wasn't exactly rolling in money, but I should be able to afford to take Fang out on the town. Especially since I was still getting paid for guarding the ship!

Any thought of going with the two guards to check in with the Mayor for help had long since vanished.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Team No Work, All Play (Fia, Fang)
Granloza - Eastern Gate

Christoph gives Fang a terribly unsubtle wink, saying,

“Sounds like a plan. Lessee… how about we meet up at the Snake Pitt? Don’t mind the name, drinks are fine, and the crowd ain’t that shady. Well... for the most part. Just don’t try’n stiff the owner and you’ll be fine.”

Christoph spends a minute or two giving directions, and after seeming certain that you know how to get there, the two skyfarers head off towards the governor’s mansion. With the moon slowly drawing higher in the sky, Fia and Fang make their own way to this ‘Snake Pitt.’ It takes you some time from the eastern gate to travel there, but hey, more time to enjoy each other’s company, right? Eventually, located not too far off from the southern side of the grand river separating the two districts of Granloza, you spot the hanging sign of the den you’ve been searching for. Even from out here, you can hear the telltale shouting and laughing that goes along when both the drinks and emotions flow freely. Above the cacophony of noise, you can just make out the sounds of a piano being played as you step inside...

Granloza - The Snake Pitt
Music: Bar Time (Bustling)

If it was loud on the outside, then it is near deafening on the inside. The Snake Pitt is a sizable establishment, its two floors filled to the brim, and that’s not beginning to mention the set of downward stairs seeming to lead off to another level. Men and women of all ages, races, and species have filled the room and are enjoying the evening, all the while being watched over by guards with stern though not entirely cold eyes. In the center of the first floor is an elven man of sturdier build than most of his kin, whose piano appears to be one that you heard as you came in. Not that his melody is easy to hear over both the cheers and the jeers from his adoring (?) crowd, though from what notes you catch, he seems skilled enough at his trade.

Weaving your way through the sea of people, you manage to find a path to the counter, where you’re greeted by the strange sight of a bartender wearing an ivory mask. They finish off handing off two mugs to a passing waitress, before sweeping in your direction. He, at least you assume ‘he’ from the deepness of his voice, nods and presumably looks at Fia.

“Welcome to the Snake Pitt, dear ladies. Newcomers, yes? I’d think I remember individuals such as yourselves if you’d come before. Might I suggest starting off with a Devil’s Favor, then? It is most certainly a fiery taste you will not forget, and one you can experience only here. Or perhaps a Last Gasp, if either of you ladies are capable of handling stronger brews. As a precautionary warning, we at the Snake Pitt are not responsible for any misconduct undertaken while under the influence of the Silver Lining. And of course, the Snake Pitt offers room and board for those who do not believe they will be able to walk very far once the drinks are served. Now, what can I do for you?”

The man in the ivory mask bows and gestures outwards with his hands, his practiced spiel finished.

Fang - The More Life-Experienced One Here, Somehow

Well then, that was a lot thrown at you all at once, but the short of it is: how drunk do you wanna get? There’s also the matter of coin to consider, obviously. You’re not the richest of folk, and you’re still clear-headed enough to notice that the ivory-masked man hasn’t really mentioned any prices yet, plus Fia’s mentioned buying you drinks… but c’mon! You’re in a lively place like the Snake Pitt, with a charming young woman like Fia, so why not go crazy and spend a little? Sure, a little’s all you have, but what’s that worth compared to having a good time? Besides, Captain Wallace is going to pay you later. With that in mind,

How much do you drink?

That issue aside, you haven’t been able to shake this odd feeling since you’ve walked into the Snake Pitt, as if someone’s been watching you. Admittedly, you and Fia do stand out amongst the crowd, but this feels different. It’s not quite hostile, but it’s hardly kindly either. The question is, can your senses still tell what’s putting you on edge with this cacophony going on? That is… if you want to search for the source. You came here to enjoy yourselves, after all, so if they’re not hostile, why bother? And if they try anything, well, you know what you can do, and you’ve seen a little of what Fia can do.

If you choose to do so, you can attempt to focus your senses and try to home in on whatever’s alerting you, with a Difficulty 8 and a -1 Penalty with all that’s going on. Or you can choose to ignore that and focus on your cute date instead. Up to you!

Fia - The Less Life-Experienced One Here, Somehow

This place sure is something, eh? Verre Cramois was always a lively island, whether it was the wizards causing one mess or the artists and artisans causing a fuss, but this is a different sort of lively all together. What do you think of establishments such as this? The atmosphere’s far from romantic, but does it still have its charm to the genius mage that is yourself? Or would you have preferred a less… hectic environment to spend the evening in? There’s still time to say as much, if you’re hesitant. If you do intend to stick around (or even if you don’t), there’s more than a few brews on the table, it seems. While you’re not quite the frequent drinker that Fang appears to be, you’ve had enough here and there to know that you can handle your stuff. Much better, in fact, than your stature would lead most to assume. Will you slam them down, or perhaps play it safe?

How much do you drink?

Meanwhile, as good of company as Fang is, you shouldn’t entirely forget about your original mission: completing your thesis. Places like this, who knows what kind of clues you might find about the Celestials? Plus with how ‘high-spirited’ most folks seem to be, it doesn’t seem as if it’d be very difficult to ease some information out of them. On the other hand, that could be boring and a waste of time, while Fang is definitely neither of those things and right in front of you!

What do you do?

---

Team Loads of Moneybags (Amber, Morgan)
Granloza - Lakeside Hill Inn
Music: Hummingbird

Several wrong turns, one long hill, and one pained boy’s back later, the two of you manage to find the inn that you heard about while purchasing many, many goods at the Majestic Swan. And while the journey was harsh and challenging (for Morgan, at any rate), the destination was worth it. Though it might not be the finest hotel that Amber has ever stayed in, it was a far cry from the quaint if homely feel of the inn back in Vidalgo. For one thing, it was spacious enough she could actually stretch an arm out without hitting a wall of some sort. Of course, that was just from the first impression she received while stepping into the lobby. As for the lodgings and actual service, well…

“Er, I’m dreadfully sorry, ma’am, but all our rooms are already booked…”

Wonderful. They would be all booked, wouldn’t they? What to do now, was the question? There was no shortage of inns in Granloza, but after coming all this way, to be turned away like this was a little frustrating. Also, it wasn’t certain how much farther Morgan would be able to travel before collapsing underneath the weight of Amber’s bags. That was probably something to be worried about as well. As the two of you are considering your options, you hear footsteps coming down the staircase, and a young woman comes into view.


Sheathed blade included, for the record.

“Is something the matter here?”

The young woman glances your way, having noticing the commotion. The older man behind the counter who’d been attending you two looks embarrassed as he replies,

“No, no, nothing at all, Ms. Oakley. I was simply explaining to these two that we don’t have any more rooms available for this evening…”

“Oh, is that all?” The young woman approaches the two of you, peering each of you over for a moment. Then, after her examination, she says, “I don’t mind sharing a room if you two are comfortable with it. Only the two beds though, so one of you will have to take the floor. Or share, if you’d like. I shan’t judge.”

“Ms. Oakley, that’s truly not necessary-”

She shushes him with an added roll of her eyes, before turning to Amber with a slight curtsy.

“Let me introduce myself. Agnes Oakley, official member of the Freebirds.” Agnes holds up a copper insignia detailing a non-specific bird with a broken manacle on its right leg, before continuing. “How about it? I’m told I’m a snorer, but if you can deal with that, I have no problems with sharing a room. Honestly, I was about to head out for awhile anyhow, so you’ll likely be all tucked in by the time I return.”

Amber - Being Addressed by Agnes

The Freebirds. You know them by reputation, though you’ve likely had few if any encounters with their actual members. In simple terms, they’re a mercenary band of skyfarers who have their claws into just about every major island out there, and more than a few minor ones as well. Mercenary they may be, but they are an honorable sort, and well-respected in most regions of the world. More than a few of their tasks involve catching those criminals who would take advantage of the skies’ bounties, and as such, gaining entrance into their group is said to be a trial for both skill and moral reasons. In short, if this Agnes Oakley is indeed a member of the Freebirds, she is most likely trustworthy. Most likely, of course, does not mean guaranteed.

Also, uh, there’s the part about sharing a room with Morgan. That might be awkward. Sure, the boy’s cute, and you maybe maybe not have a crush on him. But sleeping in the same room? Yeah, he (presumably) would be sleeping on the floor, but still! Are you okay with that? If not, well… as mentioned, there’s definitely other inns in the city, though their quality might be in question. Plus, what if they’re full too? Maybe there’s a way you can get another room for Morgan…?

What do you do?

Morgan - Being Ignored by Agnes (and still carrying a lot of bags!)

“That sign, was it? Never seen that one in particular, but yeah, I’ve seen something like it before. Think it was some fortune teller back in Amana…? Dunno, might be wrong. Spells ain’t really my scene. That’s more of the boss’s thing.

The Man in Green’s words still echoed in Morgan’s mind, several hours later. It was unfortunate that the man was unable to be of anymore assistance, whether it was because of not knowing in the case of the ‘fortune teller,’ or because he was unwilling in the case of his boss. Even still, that was two clues that the armored witch had gained, and perhaps should keep in mind. Later, anyways. Right now, the only thing on your mind was how heavy these damned bags were! Like, wow. How many clothes did Amber need? Sure, some of them were for you, but only some! The rest, well, sheesh. But hey, you did swear yourself to her service, and that included all the baggage, literal or otherwise. Plus you got to see her try out a few swimsuits. That was nice. Maybe a waterside trip could be planned? There was the river that flowed through Granloza, but you weren’t certain how sanitary the thing was considering all the boat traffic it got. Still, surely there was a lake or two somewhere?

Wait, wait, wait, that could also wait for later. What was this about sharing a room? This Agnes suggested it all too readily, which was kind of her, but also oh man that was… probably not a good idea? Not that you would ever try anything, obviously, but there was still decorum and decency and all that to consider. Are you okay with this? Will you object? If you do, that likely means going all the way down that damned hill with these damned bags…

What do you do?

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2017 around 21:09

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0
Buildup: - Ammo: -


Amber remains silent, flustered for a second. Her gaze wanders between Morgan and Agnes.

The offer was an extremely kind one, and she wanted to accept it. But sleeping in one room with Morgan? It... just seemd a little bit...Too soon.

Nevertheless, Morgan seemed pretty tired (for some reason...), so she didn't want to make him walk around any longer.

Quickly collecting herself, she bows gratefully before the woman. "Many thanks!" She replies. "The name is Amber Orleans, incidentally. Delighted to make your acquaintance!" she replies with a smile. "Sorry to trouble you. We arrived in the city fairly late in the day, so we had no time to prepare accomodations..."


quote:

Amber (Yami Fenrir) - Today at 6:56 PM
/roll 5d6 #Amber is famous, probably
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:56 PM
@Amber (Yami Fenrir): 5d6 Amber is famous, probably = (1+5+3+4+6) = 19

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 70/70 | Temporary Attributes (Reserved Endurance): None! | Drama Dice: 0

The Snake Pitt was unlike any place I'd seen before. I'm no stranger to drink, of course, I've partaken on many occasions during my studies at the Fleche de Sorcier. The alchemist department was very proud of their concoctions and, in my experience, for good reason. The atmosphere here was quite different than the quiet labs and libraries I'd usually enjoyed fine potables in.

I do my best to look calm and confident while the bartender gives us the rundown, but I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach as I sneak looks at my finely muscled companion. It's a new feeling. I've never found magic to be much of a challenge. Bandits either. But this...? This is well outside my area of expertise. When he stops, I say, "Let's start with a pair of Last Gasps, shall we?"

Granloza surely has some leads that would prove useful for my research, but what's the rush? I'm sure that I won't miss the Celestial Castle tonight, but... Well, I'll keep an ear out while we enjoy the evening. The best of both worlds!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:53 AM
@Fia (Tricky): 2d6 Does Fia hear anything? = (6+5) = 6

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Health: 50/50 | Endurance: 70/70 | Drama Dice: 0 | Transformed: No! | String: 10/10 | Buildup: 0/1 Fashion: Ruffled!

Perhaps if Morgan was in a place where his family's reputation mattered, perhaps if this wasn't going to be the first time he'd slept with a roof over his head in weeks, perhaps if his legs were starting to shake under the weight of ten-thousand shirts -- if all those things were different, then perhaps Morgan would've been more circumspect.

"The floor is mine." He began to place the bags down, thud, thud, thud. "I can," he stifled a large yawn, " I can build myself a small wall out of these bags, for privacy. Like, a bag berm." Morgan frowned at his own words, he was definitely losing his mind to fatigue.

"Oh!" Morgan dropped to one knee, and reached deep into one of the bags. It was one of 'his' sets of clothing; filled to the brim with men's undergarments. He looked Agnes in the eye, "Before we can accept your offer I must ask," He pulled something out of the underwear bag, rising to his feat and showing it to Agnes.



"You don't have any allergies to cats, do you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Health: 60/60 | Endurance: 40/60 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

"Now this is my kinda place!" This place is amazing! It's so filled with energy, and life! I've been to a few bars before, but never anything like this! I gotta thank Christoph later for telling me about this place! I feel a little bad making Fia pay for all my drinks, but hey, she did offer to buy some for me, and I can't say no to that! Besides, the captain is going to pay us after all this, so it's not like we're going to be losing much!

...Huh, weird. Why does it feel like we're being watched? It doesn't feel hostile, like the feeling I got in the forest before we were attacked, but this... this feels different.

...Eh, whatever. It doesn't feel malicious, so it's probably nothing I really have to worry about it. 'Sides, I got more important matters to attend to, like drinking with my cute friend! "You heard the lady! Two Last Gasps!" I give Fia a big, wide, toothy smile, "We're going to drink until we can't drink no more!"

quote:

@Fang (Hugzilla): 3d6 Can Fang resist the temptation of booze long enough to figure out who's watching her!? = (2+5+6) = 13

Nope!

  • Locked thread
«2 »