Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Amber rises from the bed, slowly. Almost immediately, her back makes itself noticable. "Ow, ow ow ow..." she quietly murmurs to herself. It appears that she had grown far too accustomed to soft beds. But really, can one blame her? Very rarely, her travels brought her to villages like this. Not only was there little money to be had here, there also was little information to gain on sleepy islands like this. The only place where information could reasonably be found was the actual skyport, and she had already been there. Sadly, unsuccessfully, but she did not actually expect any success here.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Amber descends the stairs, her trusty staff strapped to her back. She does so awfully carefully, since the stairs are creaking loudly with every step she makes, and she flinches a little every time, worried about flat out falling through the staircase. Thankfully, the steps prove more sturdy than expected, and she reaches the first floor.

She returns the beaming smile with one of her own. As the woman bows her head, Amber waves her hand, emberassed. "There's no need to bow! It's fine, really! Uhm... did I really sleep that long? Although, I suppose it can't be helped. Skyships are always so noisy, I can't sleep very well on them..." she muses, as the woman places her food on the table. Seeing this, she sits down, shifting the staff on her back to fit. (One can tell that she has perhaps a little bit TOO much experience doing so...)

Almost immediately, the smell of the food warmed her heart... but it also filled her with a sense of longing. The smell reminded her of the kind of food Sapphire used to cook for her. Inwardly, she sighed. Why did she find it so hard to keep her mind away from her mentor?

But wait! She could ask the innkeeper, she just realized. "Thank you! Uhm, there is actually something I'd like to ask." Amber replies to the old woman. She pulls out a picture of Sapphire out of one of her pockets. "I am looking for this person. Her name is Sapphire Orleans. Have you perhaps seen or heard of her?"

Despite expecting little more than perhaps what she already knows, she couldn't help but ask.

quote:

Ambers Orleans
Job: Dancer
High Concept: Blazing Idol!
Health: 40
Endurance: 40

Abilities:

quote:

Gear: The Ember Shard (Elemental Staff of Fire)

Attack 2
Barrier 3

Sapphire's last gift to Amber before her sudden disappearance. Sometimes jokingly called the Amber Shard due to the difficulty of detaching Amber from it.

Beautiful - 3
Charismatic - 2
Connected - 4
Famous - 3
Passion (Audiences) - 2
Performer - 3
Wealthy - 3

Total Abilities: 25

Dependency (The Ember Shard) - 2
Compulsion (Help the poor and downtrodden) 2
Kindhearted - 2
Quirk (Take her staff EVERYWHERE, and refuse to part with it) - 1
Obsession (Find her mentor) - 2
Love Interest (Morgan) 2
Love Magnet - 3
Naive - 1
Pacifist - 2
Sensitivity (Her attachment to her mentor) - 2
Weak - 1

Total Weaknesses: 20

Attacks:

Base Attack: 5 / Base Dx: 3

quote:

Solar Salsa [0]
Praise the Sun! Or not, considering a miniature version of it just exploded in front of you and blinded you. Oh god.
[Blinding +20, Accurate 2 +10, Area Effect 2 +20, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, No Damage -20, Unwieldy -5, Activation -10, Cancel (Needs to primarily use Eyesight) -10]
Attack: 7 / DX: 0

quote:

Whirlwind Waltz [0]
Flame Tornadoes! Have fun attacking through THOSE.
[Defensive 3 +15, Reach 3 +15, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Feather Blow -5, Activation -10, Inaccurate 2 -10]
Attack: 3 / DX: 3

quote:

Napalm Ntames [0]
It's like fire, except it sticks to you and OH GOD IT BURNS.
[Continued Effect 2 +20, Accurate 2 +10, Effective 2 +10, Ranged +0, Ammunition 2 -10, Feather Blow -5, Elaborate Gestures -5, Buildup -5, Low Penetration 3 -15]
Attack: 7 / DX: 5

quote:

Jetstream Jive [0]
A beam of flame that melts through nearly everything.
[Accurate +5, Strike Through +5, Armor Piercing 2 +10, Overwhelming +10, Ranged +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Buildup -5, Open to Attack -20 ]
Attack: 6 / DX: 3

quote:

Heat Haze Hudoq (0)
Cook them right out of the barrier with a few well placed mines.
[Trap +5, Barrier Buster +5, Accurate 3 +15, Ranged +0, Fatiguing +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Delayed -5, Ammunition 2 -10, Buildup -5]
Attack: 8 / DX : 3

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Health: 40/40 | Endurance: 40/40 | Drama Dice: 0

Amber bows her head before the old woman. "Many thanks! This will help my search!" she declares. Inwardly, she wasn't really sure... but at least it revealed Sapphires goal somewhat. But... the shape she was described to be in worried her deeply. It feels like she understood Sapphires disappearance even less than she did before. What had happened to her to suddenly look haggard and worn out?

It was unacceptable. Whatever it is that caused Sapphire to be like this, she had to reverse it. She had to find her mentor, and help her. These... ruins are about as good as a target to look for as any. She knew that she moved on to Granloza, so all she had to do was ask there.

All of a sudden, however, her worried thoughts were interrupted as she heard yelling outside. It wasn't clear enough to hear the contents, but the frustration of the question was clear. Maybe she could help, Amber thought.

Having had finished her meal during her considerations, she gives the empty bowl back to the old woman. "Many thanks for the hospitality!" she thanks, bowing once again. "I will be right back, I just wish to see what that yelling was about."

That said, she walks out of the inn, and looks through the streets. Despite the relatively low population of the village, somehow the streets always had plenty of people walking about them. But the source of the yelling was all too apparent.

As demurely as possible, hoping not to attract aggression, she walks up to the frustrated woman. "Excuse me, Miss? Is everything alright? Do you need help?" she asks, with a tender smile on her face."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hearing Morgans story caused Amber to blank out for a moment. It was far, far too close what she herself had experienced. No... that wasn't true. This girl had it far, far worse. She'd had a family, and lost it all. It was horrible. She just had to help. She didn't entirely follow the story, as she had been busy trying to decide on how to help her.

However, this person did mention that they were capable of fighting.

"I, uhm... I'm sorry. I... no, nevermind. How about we talk over a nice, warm meal? I'll pay. Take your belongings with you." she says, reaching out her hand to the kneeling woman. "I want to hear your story in full."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber watches Morgan's spell with innocent curiosity. What an interesting way to call for their cat! Such a cute cat, too. She had to fight the urge pet it right then and there. A bit distracted due to the cat, it takes her a moment to respond. "Oh, uhm, yes. Hold on, let me get in first, please." she tells Morgan.

"Hello again! I'm back." she warmly greets the innkeep. "I've brought a guest. Could you prepare a meal for them? Actually, make that two. I'll be paying, so don't worry."

Amber then guides Morgan to the same table she used beforehand.Suddenly, she remembers that she completely forgot to introduce herself. Oops. "Oh, where are my manners? I've completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Amber Orleans. You may have heard of me. And, uhm..." she says. She blushes a bit, before continuing with a question. "Can I pet your cat? It's very cute..."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 17, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber does her best to nod along, but her face reveals her growing confusion. It's fairly sure that none of makes sense to her. In fact, she was worried that Morgan was delirious from hunger. As she listens to Morgan, she is absentmindedly petting Sabbat.

"Uhm, I don't really understand any of this, sorry. I, uhm..." she tries ro reply, as Sabbat does his thing. "Oh no! I am so, sorry! I could have held..."

It's almost like her brain stops working when Morgan takes off his shirt.

First off, she was completely taken by surprise when it turned out that Morgan was a boy. A very, very pretty and handsome boy. Secondly, a very pretty and handsome boy that just TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF. Directly in front of her.

The combation of these things left Amber flustered. She was blushing so heavily her entire face seemed red, and she could not tear her eyes off him. She ended up taking in his body, staring far too much, before finally managing to put her hands on her face, trying to tear her gaze away from him...

But even then her fingers kept slipping open.

" Just... Just... come with me! I'll, lend you something dry!" she declares, before all but running upstairs, emberassed by her reaction to the sudden topless pretty boy in front of her.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"It's right here." she tells him, as she unlocks the door. Moving in without waiting for him, she sifts through her things. It's very quick that she has a LOT of clothes with her. Finally, she ends up with a set of pants, and a blouse.

... It'll probably be fine, considering how feminine Morgan looks...?

"Here, take these." she says, handing Morgan the set of clothes. Awkwardly staring at the wall, she does her level best to force herself not to catch some sneak peeks. "Are you done? Alright, uhm. Have a seat, please." she requests. "Uhm, so... you've really seem to have gone through a lot. I... I understand, I want to help. I want you to have this."

She pulls out a small, nondescript bag. It chingles with a metal chime as she does so. Inside is enough money to last Morgans at least 2 months, if well budgeted. With a smile, she presents it to Morgan. "Here, take it. It's yours."

"Additionally, I... want to ask something. You said that you've fought villains and demons before? I'll admit, I didn't really understand most of it, but... you seem brave. And honest. I can admire that. I'm... not really all that brave myself, but--" she starts up, before cutting herself off. "Nevermind. Let me get to the point. I wish to hire you as my bodyguard. But... hear my out first. I... I'm doing something most people would probably call me crazy over. See, I'm looking for someone who is very dear to me. But... they've gone missing. I've been travelling the world trying to find them again, but... so far, all of my efforts have been in vain. I think I got lucky so far, but... the skies aren't exactly safe. Travelling as much as I am is extremely dangerous. Please... Please help me. I want to see my mentor again..." she pleas to Morgan, with the best puppy dog eyes she can muster.

Having said at all, she wasn't exactly sure why she trusted Morgan so much. Perhaps she had been entranced by his looks? Perhaps it was a sense of kinship? Who knows... Right now, Amber didn't care. She just felt this was the right thing to do.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 19, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber flinches as Morgan starts his little contract act. Well, at least she was convinced of his capability to fight now. The armor looked well-made, intimidating even.

Before a massive explosion in the distance caught her attention. She started at the blazing fireball in the sky with slack-jawed horror. "We've got to help...!" she mumbles, before she runs out of the inn, after haphazardly packing her things together and hastily giving the innkeep her money.

----

Amber rushes into the carriage, but somehow still manages to do so gracefully. In the interior, she sits down prim and properly, as if she didn't just sprint all the way over here and throw in her luggage. (Well, the part that she didn't make Morgan carry...)

She looks at the woman with a relatively neutral face. She did seem a bit familiar, but she wasn't able to place it, so she just ended up ignoring it. Her mind was still filled with the fallen skyskips and it's passengers.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber fearfully looks around her. What was going on??

She just couldn't tell what was happening, and her magic was bound to cause far too much collateral damage in a forest anyway. So instead of doing something reckless, she decided to huddle up behind a barrier instead, activating the Ember Shard's special magic.

With that, an orange, roughly oval shaped shield appeared around her, as she covered in the stagecoach, trying to present as little of a target as possible.

Using Don't hurt me! to double my Barrier dice in case of attack!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Buildup: Napalm Ntames (1 turn) Ammo: Napalm Ntames (5)

Amber, despite her best interests, could not help but take a peek to see how things are going. And immediately, she saw Morgan getting hurt. Well, more like slightly inconvenienced, but... It did not matter. Amber's crush on Morgan made the attack seem far more damaging than it really was, and she ended up charging out, trying to help.

Her eye fell to a fleeing bandit. She couldn't let him get away! What if he brings back more bandits?!

And so, she swung the Ember shard around, like a whirlwind, while herself gracefully spinning around on the spot. As she does so, the staff glows red, and the pointy tip of it catches flame. The dance complete, she takes aim at the bandit, and a glob of liquid fire hits him square in the back.

"Are you alright!?" Amber yells out to Morgan, worried.

quote:

Napalm Ntames [0]
It's like fire, except it sticks to you and OH GOD IT BURNS.
[Continued Effect 2 +20, Accurate 2 +10, Effective 2 +10, Ranged +0, Ammunition 2 -10, Feather Blow -5, Elaborate Gestures -5, Buildup -5, Low Penetration 3 -15]
Attack: 7 / DX: 5

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Buildup: - Ammo: Napalm Ntames (4)

Amber waves over the newcomers.

"Come on over, if you would?" she greets the monk and the wizard. "Can I help you? Are you hurt? Did you happen to be on the skyship that crashed?"

Bombarding the two with questions, she finally calms down a little bit. "Uhm... sorry. got a little bit ahead of myself. My name is Amber Orleans," she replies, and pointing towards the armored figure. "And this Morgan. Can I help you somehow?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Buildup: - Ammo: Napalm Ntames (4)

Amber bows somewhat demurely in front of the two girls. "Nice to meet you two, as well! You said you were going to Granloza, right? Why don't you just hop on board? Don't worry, I'll pay for the ride." Amber offers. "Good to hear you're alright though. That crash looked nasty from afar. I can't believe bandits would do such a thing! I mean, what there were no islands to crashland on? That'd be horrible!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Buildup: - Ammo: -

Amber breathes out a sigh of relief as the tension leaves her. Finally, the scoundrels were taken care off, and they were in safety.

"Good work, Morgan!" she praises her bodyguard with a smile.

Walking forward aimlessly, she takes in the city for a bit. "Granloza, huh. Looks quite lovely. Not as beautiful as some other cities I've seen, but it is quite charming nonetheless."

She looks through the many, many shops and stalls with what appears to be practiced ease. "Oh! I see a boutique over there." she say, turning her smile towards Morgan and grabbing his hand. "Come on, let's get you some classy clothes! You'll need to look good too, if you're going to be my bodyguard."

That said, she drags him into the nearest boutique she can find.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 12, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber hums happily as she strolls from shop to shop, remaining blissfully ignorant of Morgan's growing overencumberance. This was so much fun! Even more so, thanks to him being around. Morgan was a very cute boy, after all. Making him her bodyguard turned out to be a masterstroke! She's going to be able to spend so much time together!

Soon after she thought back on this, they entered the Majestic Swan. She had heard a lot about this boutique - said to be the best in the entire region! And truly, it immediately glimmered to her like a dragon's hoard. This is it. This is the place where she will find everything she will ever need!

---

They truly had everything! Festival outfits. Hiking clothes. Even swimsuits! Some of these looked a little bit... lacking in cloth, but nonetheless they looked wonderful. After having sifted through the entire shop for clothes for her bodyguard crush, she begins shopping for herself.

Naturally, she had to explain the fashion to him, as well. Given her usual clientel, the upper class, he needed to be in the know in such things. Thankfully, he seemed very attentive!

Morgan's sudden explanation about his sisters lit a fire in her eyes. There was no way she was going to let his sisters avert his gaze from her! ... The facts that said sisters are currently in a different dimension and also not really vying for Morgan's attention is not one that struck Amber at this moment, for her feminine rivalry instincts had activated. "I'm not going to lose!" she thinks... out loud. Quite audibly to Morgan. "I've got plenty if suitors myself, I'll let you know!"

Immediately, she dashes off to the swimsuit section. If Morgan's sisters have access to such wonderful clothing as well, she simply had to use other means! She knew, for a fact, that swimsuits are very popular with boys. As such, she picked a huge variety of them, and disappeared back into the changing room with them. Starting off with one-piece swimsuits and slowly going to bikini's, Amber made sure to expose Morgan to as many of them as she could.

Inwardly, she grinned almost predatory. Morgan would be hers! Her pride as a woman demanded no less.

---

Beaming with happiness, she left the boutique. As Morgan noted the need for shelter, she nodded. "Oh, of course. I just... kind of lost track of time. Let's go find an inn. ... Oh! I remember hearing about a really good one. It's called the Lakeside Hill in, and it's got quite the beautiful view. Let's go there!" she declared.

As Morgan raises his hand, her first instinct is to reach out to it, to try and grab it. But far too quickly, it reaches towards the bags, and Ambers can't help but sigh inwardly. Maybe next time, she mused. As the bags slowly hid his wonderful form, she frowned.

That is a lot of bags she had bought! ... and they're taking away her chance to sneak some peeks at her crush...

"Sure thing!" she replies, walking forward with confidence as she follows the street signs to her goal. "You know, this was really fun! Let's go shopping again tomorrow!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 12, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber seems almost dejected for a moment. "Awwwwwwww...." she complains. "Well, alright. You do raise a good point. Maybe I can hire them, too..."

She turns a corner. "Yeah! We're almost there. We just need to go up this hill and we're there!" she says... pointing at a pretty long stretch of road. Poor Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amber remains silent, flustered for a second. Her gaze wanders between Morgan and Agnes.

The offer was an extremely kind one, and she wanted to accept it. But sleeping in one room with Morgan? It... just seemd a little bit...Too soon.

Nevertheless, Morgan seemed pretty tired (for some reason...), so she didn't want to make him walk around any longer.

Quickly collecting herself, she bows gratefully before the woman. "Many thanks!" She replies. "The name is Amber Orleans, incidentally. Delighted to make your acquaintance!" she replies with a smile. "Sorry to trouble you. We arrived in the city fairly late in the day, so we had no time to prepare accomodations..."

quote:

Amber (Yami Fenrir) - Today at 6:56 PM
/roll 5d6 #Amber is famous, probably
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:56 PM
@Amber (Yami Fenrir): 5d6 Amber is famous, probably = (1+5+3+4+6) = 19

• Locked thread