Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello, and welcome to SA’s Bizarre Adventure, a Forum & Discord based adventure game. In this game, players will work through a three in-game day cycle in an attempt to escape from a loop. You will need discord to play, as the majority of the play will take place in Discord. The game will accept a variable number of players.Signups will go until July 2nd, at midnight EST. The game will start Sunday, July 9th, 9PM EST.

:siren: Knowing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will not give you any benefit:siren:

BASICS
  • You can only interact with players in the Zone you are in, or post in the forum thread. No private comms.
  • Every 48 hours that pass, ending at 9PM EST(roughly), the game world will pass into a new phase.
  • Weekends will always count as 24 hours, meaning there will never be a phase change on a Saturday night.
  • Days are composed of two phases: Morning and Night.
  • Each day and phase may have different events and NPCs in a given location. These can all be influenced by other events happening before.
  • Every three in-game days (once every 2 weeks), time will reset with players retaining any items, knowledge, and information they had gained previously.
  • The game will hard end after 5 cycles if no one has achieved victory (10 weeks).
  • Players will remain in the same location when time reverts, and any player who is dead will come back to life, but will have a wound related to their cause of death. No player can die permanently, but they can be injured to the point that it will be hard to perform certain tasks.
  • Players may have one or many conditions for victory, which will be hidden from the players at the start of the game. Victory conditions may be aligned with other players, or they may be mutually exclusive.

• In simpler terms, A cycle schedule will look like this: Sunday 9PM (Day 1 Morning starts), Tuesday 9PM(Day 1 Morning Ends/Day 1 Night Begins), Thursday (Day 1 Night Ends, Day 2 Morning Begins), Sunday (Day 2 Morning Ends/Day 2 Night Begins), Tuesday (Day 2 Night Ends, Day 3 Morning Begins), Thursday(Day 3 Morning Ends/Day 3 Night Begins), Sunday (Day 3 Night Ends, Day 1 Morning Starts)

STANDS
  • All players will have a Stand. Stands are, essentially, physical manifestations of a person’s spirit. They are supernatural abilities and can do a variety of things from fixing things, to stopping time, to making food heal people, to swapping their face, to just punching stuff really hard, etc.
  • Players will also have a custom Stand power determined by their answers to the test below, with explicitly described use instances and abilities as described in their PM.
  • Stands are rated A-F on the following stats:
  1. Destructive Power: The ability of the Stand to cause physical destruction
  2. Speed: Agility, reflexes, and speed
  3. Range: Mobility, Range of Stand ability and physical interaction
  4. Durability: Endurance and susceptibility to attack
  5. Precision: Accuracy and ability to target specific things
  6. Potential: Stand possible uses, capacity to improve. A lower rating means the Stand has less abilities to learn or the user has mastered more of their abilities

ACTIONS
  • Players may perform the following actions, publicly (in channel) or privately (via PM to mod), when in a Zone during the phase
  1. Talk to <>: Players can talk to NPCs to have conversations. These NPCs may give short responses, or have winding dialogue trees leading to rewards such as information, victory conditions, or even possibly winning the game outright. Once you have spoken to an NPC, you cannot speak to them again this phase.
  2. Survey: Players may survey their surroundings to attempt to learn more about the area around them. In addition, based on Stand Precision and Range, the player may see additional things to interact with.
  3. Interact with <>: A player may choose to interact with an object in an area, causing a variety of possible outcomes. Once you have interacted with something, you may not interact with it again this phase.
  4. Attack player/NPC: A player may start a fight with another player or NPC at any time. The player’s Stand will attack another player’s Stand. If they cannot see the opponent’s stand, they cannot attack. Stands may attack Stands in other Zones, if they have the range to do so and have been able to see them from their current location. Victory in combat is determined by Destructive Power, Speed, Durability, Precision, and any special ability a Stand user may have to use.
  5. Kill: Anytime you successfully land an attack/blitz on a player, you may choose to kill them. Other players and NPCs in the area will see you perform the kill
  6. Stand Ability: Use one of the user’s Stand abilities
  7. Defend: Set up a defensive position that will defend you from incoming blitzes and attacks. You will be in this defensive position until you choose to take other actions.
  8. Take/Give <>: Any item a player sees for pickup can be taken or given to other players freely.
  • Players may perform the following actions, privately, by submitting three actions at anytime during the current phase to take between phases. If there are not 3 actions submitted before the end of a phase, you will Defend in place.
  1. Move: Move zones. You will be able to move a certain amount of zones based on the Speed rank of your stand.
  2. Subway: If you are in a zone with a subway and possess a subway pass, you may choose to take a subway from one zone to any other Zone with a subway.
  3. Hide: You can hide in the zone you are in or have moved to, attempting to obscure yourself from others in the Zone.
  4. Blitz: You can choose a player within your movement range and attempt to blitz them. If that player stays within your movement + Stand range, you will attempt an attack on them. Success is based on Speed and Precision. If the player moves outside your range, you will rush as close as you can to them.
  5. Accompany: You may travel alongside any player or NPC to their destination. If they move somewhere you cannot go for whatever reason, you will be left at the last possible location.
  6. Defend: Set up a defensive position that will defend you from incoming blitzes and attacks. You will be in this defensive position when you enter a zone until you choose to take other actions.
  7. Steal: Steal items from another player. Reliant on Speed and Precision.
  8. Stand Ability: All Stands will have an action they can take between phases.

A google doc of the rules can be found here

Expect things to be weird???

:siren:STAND TEST:siren:

SABA DISCORD: https://discord.gg/8xZGtfP

(inspired by peramene's Myst game)

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A link to the SABA discord has been added to the OP. It will also be in everyone's role PM and you are under no obligation to join until the game starts. Discussion of pre game alliances or anything game related besides questions before we start is strictly prohibited. Spectators are free to join as well and will be moved to a separate channel later on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I filled out the form, count me in if there's room.

You're in for sure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

My only forums game experience is with Survivor...will I be out of my depth here?

Nope. Imagine the backstabbing to be more...literal and you're set

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Make sure you fill out the stand test!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

You got any openings? I wanna give this a go.

Infinitum posted:

Kash has lots of openings you can fill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHE5q1NGa4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you're ignoring the discord, pay attention. IF YOUR FORUM NAME ISN'T MATCHING YOUR DISCORD NAME, GET IN THERE AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS BECAUSE IT'S A PROBLEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you still have not checked in on SA or Discord, you have until tomorrow at Noon EST or you will be considered to forfeit your position

• Locked thread