Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think it's possible sara & ecco are scum together and ecco went "go post a bunch of bullshit in thread so people can REALLY see what empty posting looks like" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ecco responding to this good point by PMush by handwaving away her play rather than addressing the point is p. susp:

PMush Perfect posted:

Hang on a sec here

I missed this post before, which I feel stupid for because it's kind of the smoking gun. Was your vote on me also because I'm bad at mafia? This post pretty heavily implies that you know I'm town. Why would you push so hard on someone you don't even think is scum? Has this all just been reactive?

I'm asking a lot of questions I already know the answer to.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

Ecco responding to this good point by PMush by handwaving away her play rather than addressing the point is p. susp:

Mush didn't answer my question when she inaccurately called me defensive. If I was a gambling man, I'd place my bet on you and mush for scum. I've read and reread that interaction between you two. That plus how I feel about mush's posting is really pinging me. Alternatively, mush and bk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

it's not a good point is the thing. I didn't handwave them away, either; I answered them adequately.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

it's not a good point is the thing. I didn't handwave them away, either; I answered them adequately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTJtVyQhN0

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush said "did you know I was town when you voted for me." This is not an unreasonable question to ask in and of itself, but the context and timeline suggests it's a bad question.

I told pmush "I don't know if you're scum or town, but you made bad posts and I wanted to tell you that, if you're town, they're bad posts. Post better."

I don't think saying "pmush's shitposting = bad" is controversial.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you voted for her because her posting is bad and not because you think she is scum? You seem to be reiterating her point here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

So you voted for her because her posting is bad and not because you think she is scum? You seem to be reiterating her point here.

that's probably the most disingenuous way to read my post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Uhh, it's literally what you said, Ecco:

EccoRaven posted:

I told pmush "I don't know if you're scum or town, but you made bad posts and I wanted to tell you that, if you're town, they're bad posts. Post better."

How did I misinterpret "I don't know if you're scum or town."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

Uhh, it's literally what you said, Ecco:

How did I misinterpret "I don't know if you're scum or town."

my full response to pmush:

EccoRaven posted:

You made bad posts. Determining if they're bad posts because you're bad town or bad scum is hard. I currently think Quidnose is more likely to be scum than you, but I'm not convinced he's scum and likewise I'm not sure exactly how I feel about you.

If you're town I want you to understand that your approach to this game - an approach I've seen you take for years now - is unhelpful.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

my fuller case on pmush:

EccoRaven posted:

PMush's play so far this game:
- Shitposts (worthless)
- Talking about the incredibles (worthless)
- Making a nonsense case
- Says AYC is a good player solely because AYC agreed with the (nonsense) case
- Accuses AA of being "super defensive" (he wasn't) and refuses to elaborate.
- Half-defends an absent BK (this is a scum maneuver)

Their posting just says "I am lazy scum and I'm gonna poo poo my way through this game instead of actually put in any effort." And as an aside, if you want to talk about being "performative," this post is actually a good example of "says things just to look helpful," because the underlying content is hollow.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

We're in a flipless game. If people decide to spend all of day 1 shitposting and only making a (bad) case when forced to do so (even you admitted it was a bad case!), then they are acting in a way that helps the scum and hurts the town.

Determining if they are town despite that is difficult, and I've gone back and forth on it all day. I am totally and completely fine with PMush dying however because either way they are playing in such a way as to advance the scum win condition.

This is a really stupid point Quidnose and really feels like you're reaching for something - anything - now that people seem mostly settled on voting for you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's not, and you are once again handwaving away without responding. Your dismissal of PMush is completely based on incompetency, not on scummy play. Even your case is predicated on "mostly useless," and it weakens your case of "you are purposefully not being very helpful" to say "what I know for sure I know you are bad and if you are town, you're not doing a good job here." Nowhere in there do you say "and I think you are doing it purposefully," which would be the scummy part, and once again it's very strange you're doubling down on this being the paradigm of mafia play...

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

You're really reaching here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Heads up Quidnose you're trying to save yourself by building up something against me but it's just not going to work, not the least of which because your point is not good. The numbers just aren't there.

If you want to save yourself and PMush you would do best to make a case against someone like pera, who seems to be a popular third choice.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am truly glad Ecco has solved her game which she demanded was put up to prove a point that didn't need proving :rolleyes:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

All Hail Queen of Mafia, so good & so smart

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

4) He used the allears emote, which is the second scummiest emote behind rolleyes.

bag him and tag him, boys.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BK, are you going to sit there and tell me Ecco still isn't trying to control the narrative?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

hey quidnose are you scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I don't believe ecco is driving a narrative. That's a phrase that gets tossed around so much. Something something the narrative. I've used it as scum and town genuinely, but I think there is underwhelming evidence to state that.

A brief return to tone vs. Content. Establishing or even remarking on the practical theory necessary to win this format as town isn't establishing a narrative, and the contrasting views on players is expected, so I feel this is a weak, weak argument.

I feel like it is a fabrication that is contingent upon this tone vs. Content problem.

Also tone works both ways, you can be serious and authoritative or you can just poo poo it up, but neither pin someone as scum. Ecco pointing out the requirements for this mode at the start of the game is not suspect and having had to defend against that already, as stated, it seems weak, even with the argument now extending more into meta.

I think it's a scum push.

##vote Quidnose

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

pera, unrelated, I hope my usage of dadding hadn't offended you or anyone else.

It is not a patriarchal attack or anything, momming dadding, it's all the same to me, anomalous amalgam.

That said, I need to read your posts. I won't lie, my eyes glossed over on sections so I skimmed for key points and that is unfair to you, and it happens to me all the time, so I will give them their due diligence, I just didn't pick up bad vibes from you so...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Ok, back to work. I like quid for a vote today. Will revisit pera.

Honestly, if I had to make alignment calls, I'd say I'm mostly certain ecco is town, and mostly certain mush is scum, but we will not see I guess soooo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So before I get mis-dunked, what are the parameters for proving this experiment "worked" or "didn't work?"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't believe ecco is driving a narrative. That's a phrase that gets tossed around so much. Something something the narrative. I've used it as scum and town genuinely, but I think there is underwhelming evidence to state that.

A brief return to tone vs. Content. Establishing or even remarking on the practical theory necessary to win this format as town isn't establishing a narrative, and the contrasting views on players is expected, so I feel this is a weak, weak argument.

I feel like it is a fabrication that is contingent upon this tone vs. Content problem.

Also tone works both ways, you can be serious and authoritative or you can just poo poo it up, but neither pin someone as scum. Ecco pointing out the requirements for this mode at the start of the game is not suspect and having had to defend against that already, as stated, it seems weak, even with the argument now extending more into meta.

I think it's a scum push.

##vote Quidnose

A scum push by who? Just me?

What even is this? This post doesn't say anything related to the game at all, just goes on about how Ecco is above reproach. This is weird as gently caress.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

So before I get mis-dunked, what are the parameters for proving this experiment "worked" or "didn't work?"

essentially if day 2 feels like an ordinary game of mafia then this "experiment" worked.

<snipped a stupid chat log>

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

On break again. Jesus Christ.

Ecco, let's break this down. If you think I'm scum, vote me. If you don't, case someone. Making this much white noise on a maybe and some high-concept "well maybe you should play better :smug:" is scummy as poo poo.

Surprised Quid is the only one calling her out on this, tbh. And now AA just so happens to come around to voting Quid too?

I don't remember who said that scum could coordinate with impunity without flips, but I think they're right. AA has been, pardon the pun, echoing her a lot. From where I'm standing, they agree on every big push and only differ when it comes up to little side points that aren't pertinent.

PS: AA almost IMMEDIATELY reacting to me calling them defensive by saying they're not being defensive? That's still a thing that happened.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

A scum push by who? Just me?

What even is this? This post doesn't say anything related to the game at all, just goes on about how Ecco is above reproach. This is weird as gently caress.

Blanket dismissal. I'm not saying ecco is above reproach, but rather that I don't believe their is substantial evidence presented against him that is telling scum behavior. I believe you contribute to the push, sure. However, you are not alone. Now back to discussions on narratives...

You would say that my post has no precedence regarding this game and I just don't see how you could rationally believe that.

The passionate outcry does give me some pause, but I feel that the vote is right

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

Ecco, let's break this down. If you think I'm scum, vote me. If you don't, case someone. Making this much white noise on a maybe and some high-concept "well maybe you should play better :smug:" is scummy as poo poo.

1) I don't know if you're scum or not. it's moot right now because regardless I think Quidnose is scummier.

2) I made a case on Quidnose and voted for him.

3) I'm sorry you think shitposting all day 1 should be beyond criticism.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

On break again. Jesus Christ.

Surprised Quid is the only one calling her out on this, tbh. And now AA just so happens to come around to voting Quid too?

I don't remember who said that scum could coordinate with impunity without flips, but I think they're right. AA has been, pardon the pun, echoing her a lot. From where I'm standing, they agree on every big push and only differ when it comes up to little side points that aren't pertinent.

PS: AA almost IMMEDIATELY reacting to me calling them defensive by saying they're not being defensive? That's still a thing that happened.

Mush, address me asking you how I was defensive outside of quoting my question. I reiterate that it is not defensive to question the accusation, or request you substantiate the claim. That's due process in this game. So please elaborate.

Also maybe I echo ecco because their opinions on the game I have mostly agreed with. :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Furthermore, how is agreeing with someone telling or indicative of OOT collusion??

If we never reach a consensus or if no one ever agreed with anyone, how would the game even play out?

I like all of you well enough, but I will self immolate if we played for several lunchless days.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"What? Defensive? I'm not being defensive! Tell me how I'm being defensive!"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

"What? Defensive? I'm not being defensive! Tell me how I'm being defensive!"

Ok, back to narratives, because this is a prime example.

I ask you rationally, and twice now you make a mockery of the question.

Want to vote you, but quid feels better. Sorry about your scumbuddy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not scum. Town not gonna win this one. Sad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Last post before I go back, already pushing the envelope. You always react to my pressure on you within minutes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Ecco

What's super sad is that Ecco is PROBABLY scum and manipulating all of this so that her winning will equate to a successful experiment in her mind, which doesn't actually have any relation to if all of this was successful or not.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush don't get fired over a mafia game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Last post before I go back, already pushing the envelope. You always react to my pressure on you within minutes.

It's just coincidence that I'm available at the same time lol.

And yeah, don't get in trouble over mafs, "he said probably on the verge of getting in trouble" lol.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

What's super sad is that Ecco is PROBABLY scum and manipulating all of this so that her winning will equate to a successful experiment in her mind, which doesn't actually have any relation to if all of this was successful or not.

keep reaching for more narratives.

I think what's happened is the scumteam is pera/quid, but quid went in all game day defending pmush, so now that his only reasonable alternative to save himself is to vote pera, he balks.

that seems to make the most sense right now.

if it really is quid/much then I accept my title as king of mafia, how great would that be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

here quidnose how about this.

if you make a good case on pera, I'll consider voting it. you and BK and me make 3, and I am sure someone (AA? mush?) could make a fourth. That'll save you from death in a way that voting for me won't.

step up quidnose, this could be the case that breaks open the game. I believe you can do it!*

• Locked thread