Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

I appreciate the effort and recognize the struggle. <3 Thank you regardless, even if you would shoot me given the choice (hot).

pera this post is unreadable. please put my quotes in quote boxes not italics while then using italics for your own words too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hi, don't have long, I had to grab a juice on my break since I didn't eat this morning.

Quick thoughts:
- I was too bushed to properly reread Quid after the self hammer, that's something I need to do tonight so let's please not end this day early.
- Genuinely hadn't considered that Ecco might be the target. Don't think it's likely, but I guess it's possible. More thoughts on this later, ask me tonight.
- If there's another scum, it might be pera? IDK, can't make the right words for why that bugs me right now, I'll figure it out later.

Love y'all, this game is fun even if I can only drive by post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

- Genuinely hadn't considered that Ecco might be the target. Don't think it's likely, but I guess it's possible.
lol

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

pera this post is unreadable. please put my quotes in quote boxes not italics while then using italics for your own words too.

:bang:

of course, darling.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
thank you kindly.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Gun to my head if I had to figure out an order to who I think was most likely to be scum to least at the open of day 2 it'd be something like

pera > AYC > BK > AA > PMush > Ecco

essentially if the scum are AA and/or BK then they're doing a good job, they're posting cases and making comments on others' and so on. Especially since that'd mean town were among Quidnose/pera/PMush/AYC, they'd earn their victory. I'm not 100% that BK and AA are town, but I'm definitely not thinking of them as scum at this time. I am always open to being persuaded otherwise, and a good case can make me very receptive.

I'd better learn how to make a good case because scum!BK would gun for me hard as hell, especially if he only had a few bits to play. Please take his case into account with the possibility that he might be scum and on the grounds that he and I are the same tree planted in neighboring fields. But also don't just shoot him for it. honey, it is REALLY hard to play with you. the wifoms stack up so far and so fast it makes my head spin.

EccoRaven posted:

I suspect it's pera partially because of (BK's?) case which is something I pointed out to quidnose halfway through Day 1: pera frequently used a lot of words to say very little, and as others have commented it makes reading her posts more difficult than they ought to be.

As I said! My words matter, drat it, but if they'll get lost in the noise, I'll use less per post. Especially since looking at AYC's postcount pic I look lurk as gently caress when ya'll know I ain't been.

EccoRaven posted:

I also suspect it's her because of her relation to Quidnose. If we assume Quid was scum (which is a pretty safe assumption), then pera makes sense as an obvious buddy. Pera (I capitalize the first words of sentences, it's not a personal slight) only came around to saying "Quidnose is scum!" late in the day, and she never voted for him (though iirc by the time she came around to quid being scum he was at -1 already? I wasn't keeping close tabs on the count tbh, I was surprised quid's self-vote was a hammer).

Likewise, Quidnose acted super weird about pera all day. I recall he barely mentioned her, and then when he did it he made it in a joking, "I bet pera and Ecco are scum together!" way. Then at the end of the day, despite it being clear that voting for pera (a player he said he thought was scum) would be the best way to save him from dying (which presumably town players want to not die especially if they can get scum killed instead), he refused to go for it. I told him, explicitly, what he could do to get me to unvote him, but he instead chose to commit hari kari.

(Good on you for knowing the right term, girl.) 1) NOT TRUE ;o; 2) He was pretty clearly scum but I wasn't going to hammer because I was waiting for AYC to case me. [wifom wifom wifom wifom] 3) quid played for scum by self-hammering. I am always hesitant to vote and I am especially hesitant to vote early. You'll see in two of my posts that I reference being 'ready to' or 'soft-voting' Quid, but I wasn't sure enough to drop the vote and ESPECIALLY not to hammer. and realtalk if s!Quid and scum!pera were true, I'd have had him let me kill him. Self-hammering was all-but a loving confession. town!Quid not only votes ME, he grabs BK's case and drowns me with it after whispering in my ear that "some of us keep our loving promises." In yesterday's atmosphere, I can only uncomfortably cede that he... really should have?

EccoRaven posted:

Quidnose's reaction as town only makes sense if he's histrionic and dramatic, which is possible, I don't really know his disposition very well.

(This is possible, but if so, JESUS CHRIST, QUID - stop signing up for games if you're not going to play to your loving wincon. And especially don't blow an experiment over it.)

EccoRaven posted:

But if he was scum, scum with pera, then his reaction actually does make a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to vote for pera because it'd still be hurting his team; he would rather die first. It would also explain pera's "I think quidnose is scum but I won't vote for him yet" deal, though that one is less certain (since it might have been hammer).

I don't have a meaningful response to this one since I've covered it, but didn't want to leave out your emphasis. s!Quid & scum!pera just isn't realistic. Either Quid was scum, I have a partner who is presently doing well and earning their victory, or I'm town. I'm town (and was SURE I was dead last night so I'm just loving bewildered. Why are we both alive?? Somebody hosed up.)

EccoRaven posted:

I've read the game closely (obviously) and all of this is my recollection. There's a chance some of the minor details are wrong - maybe pera did make a proper case against Quidnose, I don't recall it but I'm sure it'd be easy to find but I'm feeling lazy right now so I'll post this and then review it for factual accuracy, which is not a good practice and I don't encourage it in others.

I don't know if you'd call it a proper case (I am continuing to lose my grasp on what exactly constitutes a 'good case' in this community, I speak to people, I talk about interactions, I accuse, I consider... sigh. I had Quid dead to rights just like I had MMT dead to rights in the first game of yours I tried to play (& subbed out of) and for the same reasons, I just wasn't as sure of it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I do not think that both Ecco and Pmush are town. Based on pmush's claim, I see one of two options:

1. Pmush is telling the truth

This would paint Ecco's push on Quid as self-preservation, since I think that quid was scum based on the self-hammer. Ecco posting the oog chat log was extremely circumstantial evidence and a ploy to undermine pmush's claim. Eccos early "control of the narrative" was a tactic then to stay above reproach.

I don't buy this. I think Ecco is town based solely on her presenting the strongest case on Quid first. see this post: (minus the emote comment)

EccoRaven posted:

here's a case on quidnose.

1) at the start of the day I make a jokevote on Quidnose. Quid has bad feelings about pera's treatment of my vote, but he blames me for it rather than pera. He blurred the line of causation to position himself against me, which was weird.

2) Quid manufactured problems with my posting twice. The first is here; Quid seems to misunderstand a point I made against PMush by assuming words PMush neither said nor implied. He did it again here where he claimed his "on day 2 we can't vote right away!" comment was a helpful post to make 24 hours into day 1 and I was being hypocritical for deriding it.

Both of them are problematic because it shows Quidnose isn't trying to build logically sound cases against me; he feels the need to manufacture problems in my posts and use those problems to cast suspicion on me. This is what scum have to do; scum can't post "sincere" cases, any case a scum player makes is going to necessarily be artificial. A good scum case can hide it, but a bad scum case can't.

3) He's had weird posts elsewhere, like claiming pera is "definitely town" an hour into the game here. Nothing in his history stands out to me as "this is a post a townie would have made."

4) He used the allears emote, which is the second scummiest emote behind rolleyes. (This is semi-sincere, #1 and 2 are obviously the meat.)

I dunno I feel okay about it! It's where my vote is right now and I'm comfortable keeping it there for the time being.

2. Pmush is lying

See my bandwagon comment from D1. Pmush had pushed hard on Ecco but the case was flimsy, as was mine in retrospect when I pitched it. Otherwise pmush did not post other useful content beyond defense.

Now with this claim. I don't like the whole "more later" thing because it sets up this awkward period where we can talk in circles and give pmush a I chance to see which way the wind is blowing. Eccos log, while a little weird because it's oog, makes it unlikely in my eyes that the game has an abnormal setup. Ecco had been posting a lot of good points. This turn on pera is a little weird given that Ecco had strong feelings about pmush on D1, but I know that there was some vacillation there.

I think that unless pmush comes up with a really solid explanation, my vote isn't going to move.

##vote pmush

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, don't have long, I had to grab a juice on my break since I didn't eat this morning.

Quick thoughts:
- I was too bushed to properly reread Quid after the self hammer, that's something I need to do tonight so let's please not end this day early.
- Genuinely hadn't considered that Ecco might be the target. Don't think it's likely, but I guess it's possible. More thoughts on this later, ask me tonight.
- If there's another scum, it might be pera? IDK, can't make the right words for why that bugs me right now, I'll figure it out later.

Love y'all, this game is fun even if I can only drive by post.

Phone posting! :argh:

Couldn't preview. But see? Pmush is full of it. I don't buy this post at all. Point 2 is exactly what I meant by seeing which way the wind was blowing.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Flipless Mafia: who wants to watch pera have a real meltdown instead of just a funny one

kash plz give me permission to just [snip] that entire first post, people won't see ecco's warning and I publicly own that I THOUGHT I could make the post less ugly and just... that is perhaps the most dramatic failure i have ever seen (this is what's become of me since totally solving ff4) - as you can see, the post is preserved verbatim (I loving HOPE) and "pera hosed up a bunch of bbcode"

gently caress, i didn't double check I did all the /quotes right -- yeah, I think I've got it this time.

I'M GONNA GO FOR A BIT.

oh, hey ayc. don't let quid's idiotic selfhammer stop you from casing me.

(sorry about this morning, everybody - insufferable tryhard pera doesn't know her limitations anymore)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

I do not think that both Ecco and Pmush are town.
why not?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

The way I see it is this. Pmush was, at the end of D1, a strong scum candidate after Quid, correct? I think that a kill on you would have raised a huge red flag and gotten mush nailed on D2. This claim allows pmush to divert attention onto you, which hopefully we all jump on and dunk you, and then nk someone else on N2. It basically buys time. I don't think pmush has acted very townie this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
that's fair, I see where you're coming from. I don't agree, but it's not a bad way to look at it.

What do you think about pera, esp. re:quid's treatment of her?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

that's fair, I see where you're coming from. I don't agree, but it's not a bad way to look at it.

What do you think about pera, esp. re:quid's treatment of her?

I've got lunch in about 25 min, I'll take a look then.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Ok, Quid mentions pera directly (I actually had to back and force my phone to lowercase that btw) six times:

Quidthulhu posted:

I think pera is most definitely town, everyone else I'm meh on. Probs not ayc.

Quidthulhu posted:

But then, Sara started to take you seriously for what was clearly a joke vote and commentary on my not being around when I am scum. That's a reasonable meta-read, but when the game was, what, 4 hours old at that point, it was ridiculous for Sara to be taking you with your point there as earnest. Yes, I easily could have jumped on Sara for that, and in retrospect discussing it, maybe I should take a harder look at if she's continued that sort of "following people around" pattern (I don't believe she has where I sit here now), but the issues for me were:

1. you were coming in as self-appointed thread leader & savior
2. people (sara) were accepting you in that role & taking what you said with earnest examination
3. if you were scum, which i had a gut worry you were, that was dangerous and needed to be called out.

Quidthulhu posted:

Actual Reads

Totally Town
Quidnose - it's me my role PM says town~

Probs Town
AYC - I think he's earnest and I haven't seen anything in his posting other than "trying to figure the game out". If he's scum he's playing the newbie card very well, but I don't see it right now.
PMush - I think her poo poo has been genuine, and although I'd like to see more from her, I think that combined with three people coming out hard against her makes it more likely she's town at this point (although there are also many people against Ecco, who I think is scum, so that's admittedly a weaker argument).
AA - I like his work

Neutral
BK - Not liking his incorrect case on me right now but I haven't seen enough from him to know anything yet.
pera - So here's the thing, pera was seeming really genuine to me at the beginning of the game but then I remembered she's the Liar Queen and with the few weird things people have pointed out, I dunno. I think it's gonna be hard for me to ever get an actual read on pera in a mafia game. She's acting kinda weird but she always cats kinda weird so :shrug:
Ecco - Everything in me is screaming SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM but again, she's...being so WEIRD about it, doubling down on bad cases, coming out hard and aggressive...as PMush said, this seems really atypical, even for Ecco queen of the poopoo-elites....

No flips is gonna make this hard going forward :\

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I think pera might be scum. She's posting a whole lot of not saying anything.

Like she's posting so much non-content it makes me completely rescind that statement about Ecco.

Quidthulhu posted:

I'd be happy to vote for pera, I think the two of you are scum together.

Quidthulhu posted:

In fact I already explained why I think pera might be scum, why are you demanding I make a second case

He self-hammers shortly thereafter. One could possibly infer that Quid started out giving town-cred to his scumbuddy, and then as he came under serious suspicion started to distance himself. Look at how fast that progression was. Totally town until about 5 hours before the self hammer. Then pera is possibly scum, probably​ scum, and then quid would vote for her.

This is all very suspicious. But I'd have to give a closer read to pera's posts and that's a little dense for lunch hour, so I'll hold off on serious judgement.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or did he lightly buss you, ayc?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Initially.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Sorry I'm not familiar with buss- is that what I'm implying he did to pera?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Heyo, break time again.

Not much to say right now, hard to really dissect a pera post when skimming on a phone.

Been thinking about stuff, though, and I see two main questions here. Been trying to logic out the answers.

1. Was Quid scum?
- Probably? Makes me feel like an idiot for being so sure he was town, but I don't think town Quid would rob us of the info we'd get from who hammered. If he WAS town, then we're in MyLo and probably hosed, so I have to assume he's scum. That brings on a whole suite of sub questions about his D1 play, though. Gotta think about those when I get home.

Note: Town Quid hammering himself "should" have sent us into LyLo, not just MyLo. Jesus Christ, Quid, PLEASE be scum.

2. Is Ecco the scum or the target?
- My gut says scum, still. But considering the Quid thing, I'm not nearly as sure about trusting it as I was yesterday. Would a Quid/Ecco scumteam have gone so hard on each other?

I'm also thinking that Quid might have jumped on Ecco with me so I'd trust him more. I'll have to look at when Quid jumped on the train compared to when Ecco was getting heat. If he only did it after heat died down, that's pretty damning, but I don't think Quid would try to hard bus Ecco on D1. Either way, what went on between them is gonna be super important.

This is a lot of words I am just making out before I go back to sitting recyclables. Better to have it out than to lose it in a fog of paper soft plastic hard plastic metal etc

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

There were three people saying I pinged them. You, quid, and Ecco. Quid was just in that first post, Ecco for a bit, and you in your summary post. One, is hardly call that a setup, but two I would argue that my play this game has been pro town all the way.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Assuming that I picked up what bus meant contextually

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
hello fam i would like to request an IRL mental health day following this post but will return in the IRL morning refreshed and ready. I think there's things that need responding to above already, please don't feel ignored. I know it'll be lovely to have a live case on me without me responding but between this morning and the interim hours, the rest of my day will be minecraft, blasting music, and hopefully thinking of nothing else. If I can, I'll check in before bed - that'll be about six hours from now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

One, is hardly call that a setup, but two I would argue that my play this game has been pro town all the way.

you went after me for the first half of day 1 because you didn't like my tone, which isn't very pro-town. you've come around since then a bit.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

you went after me for the first half of day 1 because you didn't like my tone, which isn't very pro-town. you've come around since then a bit.

Not to rely on the newbie card, but I'm still not very good at mafia online. I'm starting to figure out what makes a case vs no case.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hello I am here and off early but still in and out and on mobile.

I see I missed Sara. Hope you feel better.

AYC, can I hear your thoughts on what you make of Quid's posts, knowing he's probably scum? I'd like a second perspective here and I'm about 95% sure that you're town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

PMush Perfect posted:

Heyo, break time again.

Not much to say right now, hard to really dissect a pera post when skimming on a phone.

Been thinking about stuff, though, and I see two main questions here. Been trying to logic out the answers.

1. Was Quid scum?
- Probably? Makes me feel like an idiot for being so sure he was town, but I don't think town Quid would rob us of the info we'd get from who hammered. If he WAS town, then we're in MyLo and probably hosed, so I have to assume he's scum. That brings on a whole suite of sub questions about his D1 play, though. Gotta think about those when I get home.

Note: Town Quid hammering himself "should" have sent us into LyLo, not just MyLo. Jesus Christ, Quid, PLEASE be scum.

2. Is Ecco the scum or the target?
- My gut says scum, still. But considering the Quid thing, I'm not nearly as sure about trusting it as I was yesterday. Would a Quid/Ecco scumteam have gone so hard on each other?

I'm also thinking that Quid might have jumped on Ecco with me so I'd trust him more. I'll have to look at when Quid jumped on the train compared to when Ecco was getting heat. If he only did it after heat died down, that's pretty damning, but I don't think Quid would try to hard bus Ecco on D1. Either way, what went on between them is gonna be super important.

This is a lot of words I am just making out before I go back to sitting recyclables. Better to have it out than to lose it in a fog of paper soft plastic hard plastic metal etc

I don't believe your jailor claim. This is a scumpost and Quid was your scumbuddy. Otherwise, why did you go so quickly from "I jailed ecco and clearly stopped the nightkill" to "hmmm, I don't know, what if she was the target?" You're backpedaling because it's a manufactured opinion.

Claiming jailor D2 is clearly an unconventional move, but in a flipless game you probably think you can get away with it.

##vote pmush

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I thought Pmush's posting was sincere yesterday, but all of her posting today just screams to me that we caught her scumbuddy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco and Sara posted a lot of words that I will read later. I'm really tired today and it's hard to focus on mafia but everyone please read Pmush's posts again with the hypothetical context that both Quid and her are scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'd prefer leaving pmush alive today, if only because the lack of a nightkill is otherwise unexplained AND it makes too much sense for scum to kill them tonight anyway to prevent their future nightkills being blocked.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
plus I can't grasp why PMush would claim jailor if she wasn't a jailor. Why not roleblocker, to prevent the extremely-obvious "maybe ecco was the target instead dum dum" response? Or just skip the middle-man and go with a cop claim?

It doesn't make sense.

Also voting for Pmush puts her at -2, which, if there's 2 scum left and it's not among AYC and BK, makes it prime for a quickhammer (and they can then kill PMush at night with impunity and win the game).

Please unvote.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

plus I can't grasp why PMush would claim jailor if she wasn't a jailor. Why not roleblocker, to prevent the extremely-obvious "maybe ecco was the target instead dum dum" response? Or just skip the middle-man and go with a cop claim?

It doesn't make sense.

Also voting for Pmush puts her at -2, which, if there's 2 scum left and it's not among AYC and BK, makes it prime for a quickhammer (and they can then kill PMush at night with impunity and win the game).

Please unvote.

Wait, I didn't parse your last paragraph. Who do you think scum would kill at night?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

It doesn't make sense.

Please unvote.

I will unvote but I don't find your thoughts convincing and I think Pmush is def the scum. Consider my vote on her.

##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

Wait, I didn't parse your last paragraph. Who do you think scum would kill at night?

jailors almost definitionally can't jail themselves, so the scum would be inclined to kill the jailor instead of anyone else (especially since the jailor is the only other claimed power role, AND the jailor has, in this universe, ALREADY blocked one of the scum's kills).

I mean they could leave PMush alive as a gambit, but it risks exposing them tomorrow when PMush goes "yo I jailed pera" or whomever.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I will unvote but I don't find your thoughts convincing and I think Pmush is def the scum. Consider my vote on her.
what happened to your pera suspicion? I think the connections between pera and quid were pretty damning.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sorry I'm late, I had a hell of a trip home. My phone died and the train was delayed "until we receive further updates" so I said gently caress that and walked until I found bus routes that I recognized. Lemme catch up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Responses to the current page before I go digging back into Quid's posts:

No, I can't self-protect, and I can't jail the same target two nights in a row. The thinking about Ecco is because the implications of Quid being scum didn't really occur to me until this morning. I made my posts, got to work, and thought things while I was sorting garbage. Things I wasn't sure if I could trust or not because brain. Now that I'm sitting down and have had a shower and a smoke I can try to throw some logic at this problem that my gut is clearly very incapable of solving.

On that note, Ecco, even if you're scum, I think the "stop just relying on intuition you loving doofus" advice hit home. Again, we'll talk about it after the game's over, but right now, I'm stuck essentially having to rebuild how I play town from the ground up because Jesus loving Christ.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

No, I can't self-protect, and I can't jail the same target two nights in a row. The thinking about Ecco is because the implications of Quid being scum didn't really occur to me until this morning. I made my posts, got to work, and thought things while I was sorting garbage. Things I wasn't sure if I could trust or not because brain. Now that I'm sitting down and have had a shower and a smoke I can try to throw some logic at this problem that my gut is clearly very incapable of solving.

On that note, Ecco, even if you're scum, I think the "stop just relying on intuition you loving doofus" advice hit home. Again, we'll talk about it after the game's over, but right now, I'm stuck essentially having to rebuild how I play town from the ground up because Jesus loving Christ.

the first sentence didn't need to be said since it gives scum more information.

the second paragraph is good to hear, I am glad. however I never said you were an f'ing doofus, I was much more polite with my biting and world-changing insults.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Pmush, you seem genuine in your last couple posts. I'll take a look at quids posts, but I'm still suspicious of you. Who's scum if not ecco?

Also ##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Pmush what are your thoughts on pera?

And if you have time, what's your impression on BK?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Uuuugh, this is harder than I thought. I'd say "I'll follow pera's lead and just throw myself at this tomorrow", but I agreed to come in tomorrow, too, and the temp agency wants to talk to me after to "discuss further steps". (I think that's good news?) Which means I'll be here during breaks again but probably won't be here for deadline. Again. So, today's the day for me. Let's do this poo poo.

- Ecco: Was by big feel yesterday. Very, very plausible that all of their early D1 content was manufactured to distance from each other, but got totally out of hand, but starts to become more shaky as we approach endgame.
- pera: Went along with the early push on Quid. Again, possible distancing. The most damning evidence is Quid not jumping over. Biggest argument against? From the very beginning, pera was not-voting-but-intention-to-vote-ing Quid, and didn't back off on that pretty much ever, not even long after things got out of hand.

In either case, would have to mean that the Quid distance tactic they used backfired horribly, and Quid (probably) told his buddy to bus him rather than implicate them both with a sudden, suspicious turnaround.

- AA: Rereading, I still feel like AA was being defensive. But that doesn't mean scum, especially since he was the one to put Quid at -1. That feels exceptionally unlikely, there was no pressure for him to bus Quid when he could have just stayed on me.
- AYC: I remember feeling that AYC felt really genuine, and I wasn't the only one to think so. That said, AYC never really touched making a case on Quid, despite looking pretty hard at everyone else. The silence could mean everything.
- BK: If Quid was town, BK would be scummy as hell. Started with a jokevote, disappeared for half the day, then came back in hard on Quid once there was real momentum behind it. But as a scumbuddy, that would be the most baffling bus I've ever seen, even moreso than AA's.

So, three possibilities. Early bus that went nuts (Ecco, pera), baffling late bus that is pure WIFOM (AA, BK), or complete silence about your scumbuddy (AYC).

Considering AYC is new (in a manner of speaking), and that's a very common newbie scum mistake? AYC feels natural. It would mean Ecco is right that he went for her because she's prolific and doing a lot of muckraking. Again, feels like something newbie scum would do, especially left to his own devices. His Day 1 sincerity is drat impressive in the moment, but in retrospect, the big picture is a mess.

##vote AYC

I should be at least sort-of around for a few hours, popping in and out, but I won't be glued to the thread because I would like to play some video games and unwind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Properly reading AYC's Day 2 posts now. Starts by pushing against my jailor claim, which BK then (essentially) agrees with. But then he backs off. This is after A) I say I'm pretty sure he's town, and B) that I can't self-protect. A lot more circumstantial, but I would totally believe that it's a plan of "back off, kill me tonight".

• Locked thread