Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Let's do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote quid

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Scum found

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

As such: ##vote quid for lurking.

Father's Day was yesterday

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would like to lunch a player.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Ecco, you have come really hard out the gate saying we need to participate and do some major scumhunting. Like I said, you've done a really solid job initially of attempting to control the narrative. I haven't really seen you do any scumhunting yet, which, combined with your hard-nosed attitude, is giving me more pause than if you were simply being smug alone.

Do you have any opinions beyond your read on Pmush? It's pretty susp to shout "we're going to do some major scum hunting to win, folks!" and then to leave a vote on someone who essentially has said "nothing to read yet."

This is one of the emptiest accusation posts I've seen. The game's barely started, to the point that you had just posted a content game, and you feel the need to say someone else is "controlling the narrative" ???

Seems as if you're trying to conjure up stuff.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

I never presented it as anything else? There was almost nothing that had happened at that point except for Ecco making a jokevote on me, so my reads were understandably light and based on almost nothing. The way the list is presented should have made that obvious?

This is a weird point to pick at me on.

This is a scumpost. Specifically that last sentence. It's not scummy, it's not an accusation, it's just "weird." Quid is above questioning, and he is manipulatively trying to say with this post that "picking at him" is suspicious and weird. You shouldn't do it.

I think I'm gonna keep my vote on Quid.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I found a way to watch it! :toot:

Also Quid is town and Ecco is effortscum

I literally ahve the exact opposite reads of this post.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

pera's gonna pera; I don't have anything else useful to say, except maybe this: I refuse to vote Ecco day one short of an outright scum confession. The nature of this experiment demands she see d2 so even if she's scum, I'd prefer to focus the other one first.

eh.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

I've gotta be out and about today so I am sad to report that for the most part, I won't be topless.

I've been bitching pretty hard at Quidnose but tbh I was mostly ignoring mush. Ay yo mush, jokephase is finally over, who scum?

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

hmmmmmm.

this post, specifically that last paragraph, reads Fake As poo poo to me.

Sara might be scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also BK, you are officially lurking at this point, what's up?

Nah, I think I fell solidly in the camp of unofficial lurking. But I'm back in action now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

the early days of Evil Sagan.

If I ever have a band and we release a debut album, this will be the name of it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I'm gonna lock myself in. if anyone can answer this question I'll reconsider.

PMush's play so far this game:
- Shitposts (worthless)
- Talking about the incredibles (worthless)
- Making a nonsense case
- Says AYC is a good player solely because AYC agreed with the (nonsense) case
- Accuses AA of being "super defensive" (he wasn't) and refuses to elaborate.
- Half-defends an absent BK (this is a scum maneuver)

Their posting just says "I am lazy scum and I'm gonna poo poo my way through this game instead of actually put in any effort." And as an aside, if you want to talk about being "performative," this post is actually a good example of "says things just to look helpful," because the underlying content is hollow.

I think PMush is town. She's acting pretty casual and loose which I have never known her to be as scum and also, while I don't think her case on you was good, I also don't think it was scummy.

Honestly, I think Pmush/Ecco is a town slapfight tbh.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

You're manufacturing a problem, like you manufactured a problem earlier with my interpretation of pmush's posts.

Agreed.

Quid does this as both town and scum, though, he's just a very excitable player. I think he's scum here though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

For what it's worth, since this is a flipless game, I'm not going to vote for people I'm not sure about or think are town at deadline. We don't get information from their lynch, so if I do not think there is a >50% chance someone is scum, I'd rather no lynch.

Right now I'm good with lynching Quidnose and Sara, and that's pretty much it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

BK, calling bullshit. You pulled a post from the beginning of the game jokephase as your hingepin, quoted one other early post, and have said nothing about anything else. I've posted a SHITTON of content since then. Why am I scum for what I've done on the last 3 pages? Source your quotes.

You don't get to roll in & call me scum on that little with barely any comment, that's a load of garbage. It's lazy and frankly scummy as hell.

I made my case. I am indifferent to your satisfaction to my case on you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I disagree with BK's case on Quid, but it's good to see him posting. His read on pera is... odd? One shitposter to another, I know it is exceptionally hard to do that rambling stream-of-thought style with anything less than total sincerity. I saw a lot of that in her early posts, so I kind of set her aside, in a sort of "probably town" place, but having it all in front of me, I'm not quite so sure. Don't think I'm going to do much with it as a case tonight, I gotta be in bed in like two hours and she's not here, but I'll be looking at her a little harder tomorrow.

It's basically a one-two for me.

First is what Ecco posted earlier but I also was thinking, which is that Sara is saying a lot without really saying anything. I think this counters your total sincerity claim, because it's actually really easy to post a stream of consciousness sincerely when everything you're saying is really safe. Not contentless, mind you, but very safe.

Second, Sara keeps talking about herself and her play in a kind of third person, like, a lot. Here you go:

peramene posted:

This is the thing tho, this is Quid - play nice w/ me, hit you. You're picking up on his grumpiness towards me but cite it. He's being chill, he's joking, he's dropping that "oh, pera being pera" (as are you - but compare the difference in how you two do it) like I'm not much of a casebuilder based on bast experience so I don't want reins but are other people seeing this poo poo?

peramene posted:

pera's gonna pera; I don't have anything else useful to say, except maybe this: I refuse to vote Ecco day one short of an outright scum confession. The nature of this experiment demands she see d2 so even if she's scum, I'd prefer to focus the other one first.

peramene posted:

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

peramene posted:

pera primer:

(not gonna quote this whole post but just this phrasing and then how she presents the following information pings the hell out of me)

This is the kind of thinking I do as scum, because I want to present my innocuous thoughts about the game honestly and constantly, so as to show my town thinking. But being on that plane of thought in a game to begin with is scummy, and shows a level of strategy you only have to worry about if you're deceiving. Sara's talking a lot about herself, and while she's gonna come in here and say "I do that all the time, regardless of alignment," I think the way it's being done here definitely speaks to a scum mindset.

That being said, I still feel Quid more for scum. Him getting angry at me only emboldened me!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've been playing way too much WoW lately as well as being busy with family stuff but other than D&D tomorrow night (I'm in the same group as Sara) I should be around quite a bit tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

This is one of the emptiest accusation posts I've seen. The game's barely started, to the point that you had just posted a content game, and you feel the need to say someone else is "controlling the narrative" ???

Seems as if you're trying to conjure up stuff.

BottleKnight posted:

This is a scumpost. Specifically that last sentence. It's not scummy, it's not an accusation, it's just "weird." Quid is above questioning, and he is manipulatively trying to say with this post that "picking at him" is suspicious and weird. You shouldn't do it.

I think I'm gonna keep my vote on Quid.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

But, according to Quid, his content on the three pages after those quotes where he was scum was so good he can't possibly be scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

Holding our heads up and moving along...

I don't know about this. Like, they fundamentally clash as people and are coming at each other directly for things most of us (/I, at least) know well about them. WELCOME TO THE GAME, B---

---ackstabbing BITCH!! (<3) For the record, the conclusion I had drawn earlier in the post was wrong. I think it looks lovely as hell to be sitting at 15, and I think people are gonna look at that and HURM it up and it'll gently caress us over. That said, I repost the concerning portion of the post along with your thoughts on it and throw myself on the mercy of the lynching committee: I wanted to be scum with ecco so bad, guys.

Honestly, were I anyone else, the combination of me repping you not being here & being concerned about you getting to play and "the impact it might have" and this post makes us look like scumbuddies now makes me look like I was clueless and waiting for - lmao - my MAFIA DAD - to show up in the scumdoc already. To which I would normally say nice breadcrumb, but I think people get me at this point, you know that I know that we're not scumbuddies; flipless means breadcrumbs are bullshit (I think) except for post-game told-you-so's.

This post is full of hypotheticals that are basically just assumed or even obvious and therefore are unhelpful. Like, that last paragraph has a lot of words but is basically devoid of content. Scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

I do that all the time, regardless of alignment. I do that in the loving shower.

... and at least from my perspective, so does everybody else. But maybe I just have a gigantic ego.

My post was in service of telling the members of this game, many of who have expressed concern about me being here, that I will be here. It was not a self-meta read or a description of how I normally act. I think the nuance I give on why I find the latter scummy is appropriate.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

This is obvious? Unhelpful? A hypothetical, granted - but a stated hypothetical is a recognized hypothetical. I don't want this notion hitting, say, Quid, so that he can dive on it. Can you honestly tell me that isn't worth doing?

Yes. It's not. If someone else jumps on it, I think it's fine to offer this as a defense. If you offer it pre-emptively, I think you're just offering information that's not falsifiable while also showing that you are overly concerned about how you look to others in this game versus how others look and hunting scum.

peramene posted:

Reiteration of my point, as well as an earnest appeal to town!BK to consider the ramifications of his actions.

"flipless means breadcrumbs are bullshit (I think) except for post-game told-you-so's."

Ecco found this to be worthwhile enough to respond to; I think it's an honest attempt at assessing the game's situation (setup spec-ing? right?) and sure, Ecco might just respond to something I say just to do it... noting the peculiar moo... but that'd be a hypothetical that I think would be unhelpful.

I think Ecco's contribution was also rather unhelpful, but she wasn't the genesis of the discussion so it's not really pinging me. Also she's been hunting scum a lot.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Heyo, break time again.

Not much to say right now, hard to really dissect a pera post when skimming on a phone.

Been thinking about stuff, though, and I see two main questions here. Been trying to logic out the answers.

1. Was Quid scum?
- Probably? Makes me feel like an idiot for being so sure he was town, but I don't think town Quid would rob us of the info we'd get from who hammered. If he WAS town, then we're in MyLo and probably hosed, so I have to assume he's scum. That brings on a whole suite of sub questions about his D1 play, though. Gotta think about those when I get home.

Note: Town Quid hammering himself "should" have sent us into LyLo, not just MyLo. Jesus Christ, Quid, PLEASE be scum.

2. Is Ecco the scum or the target?
- My gut says scum, still. But considering the Quid thing, I'm not nearly as sure about trusting it as I was yesterday. Would a Quid/Ecco scumteam have gone so hard on each other?

I'm also thinking that Quid might have jumped on Ecco with me so I'd trust him more. I'll have to look at when Quid jumped on the train compared to when Ecco was getting heat. If he only did it after heat died down, that's pretty damning, but I don't think Quid would try to hard bus Ecco on D1. Either way, what went on between them is gonna be super important.

This is a lot of words I am just making out before I go back to sitting recyclables. Better to have it out than to lose it in a fog of paper soft plastic hard plastic metal etc

I don't believe your jailor claim. This is a scumpost and Quid was your scumbuddy. Otherwise, why did you go so quickly from "I jailed ecco and clearly stopped the nightkill" to "hmmm, I don't know, what if she was the target?" You're backpedaling because it's a manufactured opinion.

Claiming jailor D2 is clearly an unconventional move, but in a flipless game you probably think you can get away with it.

##vote pmush

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I thought Pmush's posting was sincere yesterday, but all of her posting today just screams to me that we caught her scumbuddy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco and Sara posted a lot of words that I will read later. I'm really tired today and it's hard to focus on mafia but everyone please read Pmush's posts again with the hypothetical context that both Quid and her are scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

plus I can't grasp why PMush would claim jailor if she wasn't a jailor. Why not roleblocker, to prevent the extremely-obvious "maybe ecco was the target instead dum dum" response? Or just skip the middle-man and go with a cop claim?

It doesn't make sense.

Also voting for Pmush puts her at -2, which, if there's 2 scum left and it's not among AYC and BK, makes it prime for a quickhammer (and they can then kill PMush at night with impunity and win the game).

Please unvote.

I will unvote but I don't find your thoughts convincing and I think Pmush is def the scum. Consider my vote on her.

##unvote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

i suppose I should accept "but also sensible," but I would certainly hope I've earned enough of your respect by now slash in this game for you to know I am above that sort of play. You're either a drat good scumhunter, a hell of an adversary... both, or neither. lmao

Also - you're a threat, the notion of you being scum is fascinating and beautiful - but I'd have to kill BK as quickly as possible. WIFOM on whether that would make me look suspicious and for the opposite reasons.

fwiw I find this post genuine and accurate, and am leaning less scum on pera

mostly because pmush is the scum and should be lunched!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh okay I am a lot more confused after reading this page

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

okay um wow ugh.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

or is BK pulling a Rarity and responding to posts as he sees them without catching up because lol that'll be funny.

yeah. this is certainly a puzzle

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

pera is manic but also scum is the answer.

I don't know if I buy that Sara would be able to do such an elaborate fakeclaim. not the cop part, but the breadcrumb, reasoning, etc

it's intense.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

please stop referring to her as manic or having mania, Sara is playing the game perfectly fine.

I just don't know if she's scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Honestly, I'm a lot more likely to contradict myself as town where my opinions change and I'm much more flexible compared to scum where I believe I am beholden to my fake opinions and never change them without very specific effort to do so.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

okay gently caress it I know you're never supposed to claim this but this is a short, flipless game and we don't have a lot of people so this is basically already endgame. Ecco you can berate me for doing this and tell me why it's bad afterwards and it will be a learning experience but I have information that I think it is worthwhile to get out right now that will explain why I want to believe Sara while also lunch Pmush

I'm a doc and I docced you last night Ecco. I even privately messaged Kashuno after Pmush's jailor claim to clarify that my night action was successful, and it was. So unless some weird rear end poo poo is happening, Pmush is lying and you were not jailed. It's a gambit and it failed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Maybe Pmush is a godfather?? Maybe Sara is an insane cop?? those are a lot more likely to me than other, stupider night action scenarios

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

why the heck didn't you say so earlier.

because I'm rusty and prefer VT.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I was doing the "try your best to get someone lunched while not revealing your action" that is suggested to do as cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

goodness if it's pmush and quidnose after all this time wouldn't that be the neatest thing.

BK are you saying it's a coincidence that quidnose refused to case and vote pera at the end of day 1, that scum quidnose would rather self-hammer than make a case and vote on another player he knows to be town?

I'm not saying anything, as I said I'm confused. I just have a night action contradiction that would indicate pmush is scum.

• Locked thread