Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2p_1SNHEOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I just decided I am going to play flipless AND topless

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I will actually play this, promise!

You had loving better bring the heat or I will bring the goddamn world down on your head

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not the badman!

god drat it, Quid.

good afternoon from Pacific Daylight Time hello it is sara and it is time to play kashuno mafia - I've got my top off as promised obviously and I am ready to play

PREVIEW EDIT:

Quidthulhu posted:

ecco "joke" very fake, ##vote ecco

omgus

You're loving kidding me, Quid. I'm not personally putting you at -1 but I'm voting you in spirit.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

See, low-quality posts like those are what'll kill the town and make this experiment even more of a farce than it already is.

it's one thing to be playing a game with you and be scoping your words for hints of lies even more intensely than usual, but right next to her face at the same time? I'm getting mad shivers.

now I'm a woman who enjoys a good quid voteout when it comes around, but are you joking or are you serious w/ it?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

I'm going to play the rookie card and ask is this just how you post? The whole "I'm taking the high ground and posting quality content" lofty snark would seem p. Scummy otherwise

This is Ecco. The snark is both typical and astonishingly brilliant. Fantastic liar, though.

EccoRaven posted:

In order for town to make sense of their choices (rather than just voting semi-randomly) town players should all be striving to post Quality Content. Scum players will then stick out as people not posting Quality Content. If scum try to post Quality Content, they will most likely come off as clumsy or otherwise insincere.

This is exactly what you would say if we were scum and I love looking at it.

Quidthulhu posted:

but sara is believing her hook-line-and-sinker and that is dangerous

I don't believe Ecco - I'm reading your posts. Maybe Ecco is having a jokephase laugh at your expense (preview edit: apparently so - still) but as far as I can tell, there you are, here we are. hashtag eat poo poo quidnose

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

So far we have:
pera: standard pera

quid if you're town, drop the loving shovel. christ

Quidthulhu posted:

I think pera is most definitely town.

Quidthulhu posted:

my god get a room you two

This is you trying to make me laugh and think of you as less threatening to town, and you are failing miserably. "pera is most definitely town" - WHY? not to FOS myself or anything but for fucks' sake, quid, if this were any usual game I'd vote you twice.

Is your play to get me to overreact to you so they think we're scumbuddies?

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

preview edit - I just wanna be clear that noticing there was momentum on Quid didn't impact my reading of his posts. You're joking/putting pressure on him for your own reasons, I'm flanking him. 's much as I take your opinion seriously, you'll surely note I haven't dropped the vote on his rear end. I'm not gonna lose Gaugamela just 'cuz your cavalry goes early.

This is the thing tho, this is Quid - play nice w/ me, hit you. You're picking up on his grumpiness towards me but cite it. He's being chill, he's joking, he's dropping that "oh, pera being pera" (as are you - but compare the difference in how you two do it) like I'm not much of a casebuilder based on bast experience so I don't want reins but are other people seeing this poo poo?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If there's some kind of wackiness where Kash gets pms and scum don't actually know who one another is, okay, but I'm not seeing that as a distinct possibility to worry about. Scum obviously have the usual masonry with a nightkill mechanic or else it's not the flip flappers being tested as a game mechanic.

EccoRaven posted:

this is the second or third time you've expressed worry about us hammering too quickly when nobody has suggested we should do so or even hinted that it was a possibility.

in fairness, I did specifically state that I wasn't going to make let scum just hammer Quid. but i think that's the only instance

Quidthulhu posted:

CONTENT GAME

if you were magically given an item to bestow a 1shot cop ability on someone based on their posting thus far, who would it be and why??

me to use on you to figure out if you're a chicken with no head or scum?? obviously?? either we eliminate or clear you and we can stop loving about with it

which reminds me if we happen to have a miller, convention is to claim day 1

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
speaking of things to do & plenty of time, I'm out for a bit, but I'm gonna be a lot more careful with my comings and goings. gotta check in regularly and scope the field.

again in the spirit of the honor of the game, I happen to know personally that BK will be occupied with family until this evening. he should've said something imo, but I'll say it for him, 'cuz fair is fair. check back in a bit

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk pera, probably. You seem flippant and finger-pointy

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk pera

I like you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

You obviously can't bestow it upon yourself, I guess I should have made it clear from the get go but choosing that as an option is also not helpful. Obviously you trust your own alignment.

I dunno why we've got too people in pera and AA both cheating the content game, HURM.

As written, I answered your question. I would not grant a cop to anyone else and I would not trust the result if I was forced to. I don't know that anyone would feel different.

I'm appreciating the increase in effort, Quid. With regard to any "finger-pointy-ness," let me just say that Quid and I have a history of me encouraging him and he... finds a cliff and walks off of it. At least from wherever I'm sitting at the time.

pera's gonna pera; I don't have anything else useful to say, except maybe this: I refuse to vote Ecco day one short of an outright scum confession. The nature of this experiment demands she see d2 so even if she's scum, I'd prefer to focus the other one first.

i do not care for dadding as a verb and I'm a lady for anyone stuck in them-territory. I think tomorrow I'll take a look at the folks I've never played with or jammed with - ya'll know who you are so, idk, introduce yourselves?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotta be out and about today so I am sad to report that for the most part, I won't be topless.

I've been bitching pretty hard at Quidnose but tbh I was mostly ignoring mush. Ay yo mush, jokephase is finally over, who scum?

EccoRaven posted:

I dunno, I'm also not liking AA for that crappy summary post, but it had a lot of words too so.

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have a very big post on mobile that I hope didn't get eaten.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

1) if you want someone using a lot of words without saying very much, look at pera.

That's an interesting way to characterize my posting. One can hardly blame me for hitting Quid - without a vote, I reiterate - based on his earlier posting. I would wager that he gets it and can handle day one pressure. Now maybe he and I have a bit of in-speak that doesn't mean anything to you, but Quid understands and since I'm talking to Quid, that's what's up.

The quoted post above isn't scummy, it's just rude for no reason. But as typical as that is for you, the remainder of your argument with Quid - what's the point of sending him on a fetch quest?

BK - I can't keep using our friendship to update the thread on your status, you gotta get in here, hon.

In the time since my last check-in I haven't seen any hellos like I asked for, and god drat it, I'm trying, so I'm a little disappointed. Anomalous Amalgam (I think we actually have played before, come think of it. An FF game? No idea.) & areyoucontagious, wussup? Who scum?

I'm Sara, I make long posts that nobody reads and live-think my (usually not very good) scumhuntin'. I got King Burgundy loving solid once and it was a thing of beauty.

pera primer:

I am not voting Ecco today, OOG reasons, focusing elsewhere. Though I am wary about the mush-mash Quid-vote. Isn't this sorta bait-and-switch exactly what you called Quid out on earlier?

Ecco's case on mush is logical, I just doubt that it's sound. It's kinda like voting me just because you don't read my posts rather than than because of content. I'm useless on mush and can barely read their posts. Guys? Preview edit: Jeez, Mush. Getting some momentum on Ecco and... I mean I guess it's not that insulting. Ugh, though. (PS is it "customary" or "necessary"?)

Obvi I've got no additional info on BK other than where the situation is at, frankly maybe he forgot the game was on. Kash, modprod maybe? It'd be a shame to lose a townie because of totally understandable forgetfulness.

Those're the folks I'm familiar with, let's take a peek at you two.

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk[,] pera, probably. [Quid] seem[s] flippant and finger-pointy

I completely misunderstood your intent in this post. I was sitting here like "me? finger-pointy? aight I guess so"

You're alright by me so far. I think you're snooping and snooping is good. This most recent interaction with Ecco, man, we'll have to revisit tomorrow. I don't like that pivot but that could be exasperation setting in. Ecco's like me in that she doesn't do anything half-assed, but she thinks flip flappers is a farce anyway and for all we know it could be.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

For the content game: I'd give it to pera. Seems true to what I've seen of them. Alternatively, BK.

I propose a different content game though...

Handing out cops is cool, but who would you cop, who would you doc, who would you kill!?

I missed this entirely.

Cop: Mush
Doc: myself obviously
Kill: ehh... like if I had a vig? I'm not great with math but if there's 2 scum - I gently caress up w/ town Quid, we end up lynching Mush or BK, then a nk? Not to accuse you three directly, that's game, right? gently caress up the vig, gently caress up the lynch, gg. Gun to my head otherwise: BK, from Dalaran with Love.

Come to think of it, asking this question feels like asking the room who to lynch. Cool trick if so imo.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

what's a flip flapper?

I'm a little exasperated but it was more because I was literally walking out the door and didn't want to do more work than I already have.

I hear that and it makes sense, but is the pressure to perform here so heavy that you'll make a call like this? Like, I had half of my huge post done on the way into therapy, wrote a little bit more, kept up with the thread, updated... but I'm me. You were getting pizza with bob. Not that I wanna criticize you for Effort which is the whole reason I'm excited to play with you, but I dunno... this seems like an IRL > game situation to me? Zero offense intended. I know Quid can be... Quid.

I'm just having a little fun with the name; flip flappers is an anime and we're doing flipless mafia and idk nobody liked my topless joke and I'm just going for smiles per usual.

Okay everybody, that's probably it from me tonight. I'm exhausted. Right before deadline I'll be heading into a d&d game, so I'd appreciate if ya'll could not suddenly change your minds in the last five minutes (tho I will do my best)

areyoucontagious posted:

Also Pera, I'm a Taurus, I like long walks on the beach with my wife (sorry ladies, I'm taken) and you could best describe my posting style as "desperately trying to be one of the cool kids"

areyoucontagious posted:

Also Pera, I'm a Taurus, I like long walks

%%vote areyoucontagious. And you were doing so well.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

I can't choose what my phone capitalizes or doesn't! It's a bad phone!

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY

I know pera doesn't care for it... I'm evaluating effort and response to pressure, or the lack thereof.

JEEZ I have a blatant misunderstanding of how much I've been in this game. I'm not a quarterback sure, but -- oh, it's probably that I opt for long and conversely Ecco opts for machine-gunning.

First off - and this kind of is "mafia mom-ing" but let's just roll our eyes at me and move on; who cares whether or not I care for a term? It's accepted, ya'll are gonna use it, it was (or was near) father's day and I was (and remain) salty at dads. I've seen the term used positively and negatively but as far as I'm concerned 'Being Helpful In Illuminating' is totally different from, say, dadsplaining something to someone. Or momsplaining, like I'm doing right now. And also "padding" as if it's even represented in the above picture so that people are gonna think 'oh yeah pera is definitely producing quality content' because FRANKLY, it's a bad thing that I'm on the bottom (w/ respect to BK's absence - I see he's arrived in the preview) and that's what people are gonna "hurm" at.

(bugs the hell out of me, feeling like I'm putting a ton of effort into what I say and people just "yeah well that doesn't mean anything" @ me. literally every game.)

Preview edit 1: The above makes me realize: intentionally differentiating myself because I don't care about the way ya'll read me and wanna post how I post is not helpful. It makes my posts harder to quote when you wanna pull specifics out, soo... I'll chop this one up.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

Quidthulhu posted:

[A] real feel I had on you: that your joke vote on me was a pretty poor one, and way too easy. I also wanted to see what you were going to do...

But then, Sara started to take you seriously for what was clearly a joke vote and commentary on my not being around when I am scum. That's a reasonable meta-read, but when the game was, what, 4 hours old at that point, it was ridiculous for Sara to be taking you with your point there as earnest. Yes, I easily could have jumped on Sara for that, and in retrospect discussing it, maybe I should take a harder look at if she's continued that sort of "following people around" pattern (I don't believe she has where I sit here now), but the issues for me were:

2. people (sara) were accepting you in that role & taking what you said with earnest examination

So, once more:

peramene posted:

preview edit - I just wanna be clear that noticing there was momentum on Quid didn't impact my reading of his posts. You're joking/putting pressure on him for your own reasons, I'm flanking him. 's much as I take your opinion seriously, you'll surely note I haven't dropped the vote on his rear end. I'm not gonna lose Gaugamela just 'cuz your cavalry goes early.

Not to shove your faces in it or anything. Just 'cuz Ecco got to Quid first doesn't mean there ain't reasons to hurm right back at him. Ecco doesn't have a monopoly on harassing Quid and it's a market I'm very familiar with.

Preview edit 2: SIGH. Shorter, succinct posts. You read 'em, I don't have to repeat myself, town doesn't vote me for ""padding."" (Which Ecco and Quid have now accused each other and myself of, I'll note.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Holding our heads up and moving along...

BottleKnight posted:

Honestly, I think Pmush/Ecco is a town slapfight tbh.

I don't know about this. Like, they fundamentally clash as people and are coming at each other directly for things most of us (/I, at least) know well about them. WELCOME TO THE GAME, B---

peramene posted:

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

BottleKnight posted:

hmmmmmm.

this post, specifically that last paragraph, reads Fake As poo poo to me.

Sara might be scum.

---ackstabbing BITCH!! (<3) For the record, the conclusion I had drawn earlier in the post was wrong. I think it looks lovely as hell to be sitting at 15, and I think people are gonna look at that and HURM it up and it'll gently caress us over. That said, I repost the concerning portion of the post along with your thoughts on it and throw myself on the mercy of the lynching committee: I wanted to be scum with ecco so bad, guys.

Honestly, were I anyone else, the combination of me repping you not being here & being concerned about you getting to play and "the impact it might have" and this post makes us look like scumbuddies now makes me look like I was clueless and waiting for - lmao - my MAFIA DAD - to show up in the scumdoc already. To which I would normally say nice breadcrumb, but I think people get me at this point, you know that I know that we're not scumbuddies; flipless means breadcrumbs are bullshit (I think) except for post-game told-you-so's.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

moo

my problem with quidnose isn't padding, I think the only player itc who I've accused of padding was you, but it's not enough in and of itself to vote for someone when actual pro-scum playing players are playing this play...game.

I just woke up a smidge ago so I could be TOTALLY WRONG but I was 100% sure just a second ago. But let it be known that I see this and may totally have been wrong.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I apologize to PMush for my rudeness.

(This is really cool of you & if it isn't a ploy I think both that it's very nice and that someone should say so.)

EccoRaven posted:

2) Quid [u]manufactured problems with my posting twice[/i]. The first is here; Quid seems to misunderstand a point I made against PMush by assuming words PMush neither said nor implied. He did it again here where he claimed his "on day 2 we can't vote right away!" comment was a helpful post to make 24 hours into day 1 and I was being hypocritical for deriding it.

Both of them are problematic because it shows Quidnose isn't trying to build logically sound cases against me; he feels the need to manufacture problems in my posts and use those problems to cast suspicion on me. This is what scum have to do; scum can't post "sincere" cases, any case a scum player makes is going to necessarily be artificial. A good scum case can hide it, but a bad scum case can't.

3) He's had weird posts elsewhere, like claiming pera is "definitely town" an hour into the game here. Nothing in his history stands out to me as "this is a post a townie would have made."

Sure enough, I both misread and misunderstood.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

breadcrumbs are cool and good even if it's flipless. the purpose of breadcrumbs are to shore a claim down the line; if you die at night, oh well, so it goes, but if you're alive in exlo a breadcrumb can mean the difference between being believed and being doubted.

I don't understand how...? But maybe we'll get a chance to see and I'll see. Otherwise, I remain open to the idea but certainly am not leaving any myself.

Just realized I stopped chopping early 'cuz I saw Ecco hop in, few more posts in that... post.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Actual Reads

Totally Town
Quidnose - it's me my role PM says town~

pera - So here's the thing, pera was seeming really genuine to me at the beginning of the game but then I remembered she's the Liar Queen and with the few weird things people have pointed out, I dunno. I think it's gonna be hard for me to ever get an actual read on pera in a mafia game. She's acting kinda weird but she always cats kinda weird so :shrug:

1) was the first really worth reiterating?
2) "she always cats kinda weird" is the most terrifying autocorrect I've ever seen please do not do it again

edit: I cede that the second is "not relevant" but am I really expected not to crack jokes & have fun & hard-focus relevant cited posting? My thought was more me, more obviously honest me, less opportunity that the person to die is me. To do otherwise strikes me as counter to Ecco's point: we have to be as open and clear and honest and verbose so that scumposts sink and townposts float. SPEAKING OF WHICH

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Sara's talking a lot about herself, and while she's gonna come in here and say "I do that all the time, regardless of alignment,"

I do that all the time, regardless of alignment. I do that in the loving shower.

BottleKnight posted:

I've been playing way too much WoW lately as well as being busy with family stuff but other than D&D tomorrow night (I'm in the same group as Sara) I should be around quite a bit tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

... and at least from my perspective, so does everybody else. But maybe I just have a gigantic ego.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This post is full of hypotheticals that are basically just assumed or even obvious and therefore are unhelpful. Like, that last paragraph has a lot of words but is basically devoid of content. Scummy.

NICE. Thank you for actually doing this. Let's put our gloves on and dissect a perapost.

"Honestly, were I anyone else, the combination of me repping you not being here & being concerned about you getting to play and "the impact it might have" and this post makes us look like scumbuddies now makes me look like I was clueless and waiting for - lmao - my MAFIA DAD - to show up in the scumdoc already."

This is obvious? Unhelpful? A hypothetical, granted - but a stated hypothetical is a recognized hypothetical. I don't want this notion hitting, say, Quid, so that he can dive on it. Can you honestly tell me that isn't worth doing?

"To which I would normally say nice breadcrumb, but I think people get me at this point, you know that I know that we're not scumbuddies..."

Reiteration of my point, as well as an earnest appeal to town!BK to consider the ramifications of his actions.

"flipless means breadcrumbs are bullshit (I think) except for post-game told-you-so's."

Ecco found this to be worthwhile enough to respond to; I think it's an honest attempt at assessing the game's situation (setup spec-ing? right?) and sure, Ecco might just respond to something I say just to do it... noting the peculiar moo... but that'd be a hypothetical that I think would be unhelpful.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

the moo is a reference to the canonical "interrupting cow."

pissed that I didn't get this.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i'M sTiLl FeElInG a LiTtLe WeIrD aBoUt --- NO

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

pera, unrelated, I hope my usage of dadding hadn't offended you

Oh my god I shouldn't have said anything please AA relax nobody is angry or mad over words.

That said, I need to read your posts. I won't lie, my eyes glossed over on sections so I skimmed for key points and that is unfair to you, and it happens to me all the time, so I will give them their due diligence, I just didn't pick up bad vibes from you so...

I'm waffling on Quid and leaning mush. I don't have enough on BK yet to do anything with confidence regarding him and certainly feel any more whining about his sincere look at my posts only makes me look worse.

AA, I hope you find your explorations fruitful. Periodically, I've been trying to bold poo poo because I know my verbosity is a negative. We are running out of time, though, right? Won't be able to be around right at dnd between dinner and dungeons and dragons and druid.

After all that's happened, I want to see who gets nk'd and if either PMush or Quid aren't scum, they're safe tonight regardless. Same is probably true of me, Ecco, BK... well, poo poo. nevermind on that train of thought. Thought I had something.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I'd be happy to vote for pera, I think the two of you are scum together.

Just a thought: there's more movement on looking at me atm, why switch to targeting her again - enough to vote it, even - and hit up this "Ecco and pera are scum together!"

Like, pushing one or the other makes sense, but both? We're pretty clearly not cooperating in any way. There's nothing that substantiates this. You just think I'm always scum and well here's Ecco - you couldn't even get over the errors you both made about her vote on you having anything to you with my prodding.

That said, explicitly responding that I think it's mush and quid, it's obviously one of them, yeah? I think Quid is the bigger liability and that a scummush will buckle under day 2 pressure. (Sorry darlin' <3)

I am returning to soft-voting Quid because obviously I'm not running in here hours before deadline, pending a situation shift, I will do so prior to deadline (though likely 30mish? earlier cuz of aforementioned plans.)

Ugh, this one is long again. Sorry guys.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Maia edit: not her vote on you, obviously - my vote on you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Pera pushing "clearly it's pmush or quid right??" is probably the biggest chain-dunk setup I've seen in a long time, and makes it pretty obvious pmush and I are both town

If AA hadn't specifically said he wanted to reread me, you'd be lynched for this post. Drop the shovel, Quid.

Also - again, not "clearly," I said:

peramene posted:

That said, explicitly responding that I think it's mush and quid, it's obviously one of them, yeah? I think Quid is the bigger liability and that a scummush will buckle under day 2 pressure. (Sorry darlin' <3)

If you think it's Ecco and me, why aren't you calling Ecco's bluff and slapping a vote on me? You're grasping at straws. Again.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

- if you vote for mush you contradict you all day saying you think mush is town
- if you vote for pera (with this theory) you'd be voting for a scumbuddy

I know as well as you do that the second supposition isn't true, why the gently caress aren't you voting me?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Obligatory woo at Ecco seeing d2

Mush - why the gently caress would you claim something like jailer unless you could prove it somehow? unless you're fishing for a doc or something?

EccoRaven posted:

relevant bit of discord log.

I know it is what it is and nothing is fair anywhere but it just seems really lame to pull out of game info based on what a mod does in public into a game one way or the other and I'd say that I expect more sportsladyship from you save for the fact that I know you're ruthless and I refused to vote you d1 for OOG reasons so lol @ me. Also realizing I used OOG info to make sure nobody dove on BK for not-lurking.

EccoRaven posted:

... clearly if PMush is telling the truth (and I have no way to verify or deny it through my role alone), then I was the target. Which would make sense, since, come on.

As true as this is (and it is) - doesn't everyone know that? Why base a kill off that? This is WIFOM, right? On the other hand, I would never SAY this as --- okay, right, WIFOM. Nevermind.

EccoRaven posted:

... kash opened the game a few minutes later, on the other hand the night was so long there must have been roles of some sort.

"[PieC9 games either have just the one doc; just the one cop; both; or neither.] If both or neither[b] are in the game, one mafia member is a roleblocker." LMAO THO @ neither

As I'm understanding it, s!Quid means we're 5/1 and town!Quid means we're 4/2. I would say we have no way of seeing which is which, but...

PMush Perfect posted:

[b]##vote ecco

I jailed Ecco, details later.

Bullshit.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh oh oh I love these I've always wanted to do one let's rock it up

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
1 - PMUSH SCUM / ECCO SCUM:
- Weird gambit, flipless makes this even weirder

Why? I'll grant that it'd be a weird gambit but it sounds like fun to me. Withheld nightkill because it's irrelevant because you two got Quid (and I know you know why), "obviously aren't aligned," and now you'll grab a target and dive in hard while she workkurks but then dives in last-second scum VIP???

2 - PMUSH SCUM / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush didn't submit a kill/roleblock promptly. It was blocked for some reason and PMush is making lemonade.
- Or, PMush withheld the kill to run this gambit (weird)
- possible, but I'm not feeling it.

I'm fascinated by the fact that you've included the word 'promptly' here even though my initial remark was going to be something along the lines of "loving NO WAY does someone forget to submit a nk"

3 - PMUSH TOWN / ECCO SCUM:
- Everything is as PMush says, I was jailed trying to perform the kill and that's that.
- This would require me to be scum, which let's be clear wouldn't jive with my play at all this game. You all know it.
--- This would also require Quidnose to be town (which is a really, really bold belief that is very difficult to support with text, especially considering the early hammer and the complete lack of payoff for a scum bus).
- possible but unlikely.

no way; except why are you counting on us knowing you aren't scum because of your play? I disagree with the notion but I'm bewildered you'd say that.

4 - PMUSH TOWN / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush wasn't around to submit a jail promptly.
- I was targeted for the nightkill (because: I am the heaviest poster; I am making cases and scumhunting; and I pushed for Quidnose, who was, let's be clear, very likely scum).
- this makes the most sense to me right now.

You have no way of knowing any of this for certain save that you're the heaviest poster (in # of posts, anyway) and god drat it, you pushed for Quid as a joke and then went back to it, repeatedly setting yourself up to not "take it as seriously as it merited" while I opened with a metaread on s!Quid. Literally nobody has acknowledged this at any point save myself but I'll say it again. (rereading my tone here sounds harsh - I don't mean it to be, let's let my honest words in the moment stand as what they were like five minutes ago, I just woke up & blame meds for shaking up my vernacular.)

That said, "it is never pro-town to self-hammer." Quid was obviously(?) scum - you seem sure, I'm pretty sure, we did vote him, hell he voted himself! ha ha ha - just based on the self-hammer loving s!Quid was either real or not playing pro-town so gg us.

I'm comfortable crossing off 3. I think it's peculiar that you're so in PMush's court suddenly after your aggressive attitude yesterday. As much as I'd like to "I'D DO IT! <3", 1 just isn't realistic. Either there'll be a counterclaim and we can plank pmush or.. something else will happen? loving "details later." WHY

preview edit oooo i see you talking to me lets go lets go lets go

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

hi pera sorry for capitalizing your nickname in there.

I'm not 100% sold on you but I hope you see where I am coming from with you and I hope you can allay my suspicions!

I appreciate the effort and recognize the struggle. <3 Thank you regardless, even if you would shoot me given the choice (hot).

OMG REALLY, TWICE IN A ROW?? GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO, ECCO <3

Gun to my head if I had to figure out an order to who I think was most likely to be scum to least at the open of day 2 it'd be something like

EccoRaven posted:

pera > AYC > BK > AA > PMush > Ecco

essentially if the scum are AA and/or BK then they're doing a good job, they're posting cases and making comments on others' and so on. Especially since that'd mean town were among Quidnose/pera/PMush/AYC, they'd earn their victory. I'm not 100% that BK and AA are town, but I'm definitely not thinking of them as scum at this time. I am always open to being persuaded otherwise, and a good case can make me very receptive.

I'd better learn how to make a good case because scum!BK would gun for me hard as hell, especially if he only had a few bits to play. Please take his case into account with the possibility that he might be scum and on the grounds that he and I are the same tree planted in neighboring fields. But also don't just shoot him for it. honey, it is REALLY hard to play with you. the wifoms stack up so far and so fast it makes my head spin.

I suspect it's pera partially because of (BK's?) case which is something I pointed out to quidnose halfway through Day 1: pera frequently used a lot of words to say very little, and as others have commented it makes reading her posts more difficult than they ought to be.

As I said! My words matter, drat it, but if they'll get lost in the noise, I'll use less per post. Especially since looking at AYC's postcount pic I look lurk as gently caress when ya'll know I ain't been.

I also suspect it's her because of her relation to Quidnose. If we assume Quid was scum (which is a pretty safe assumption), then pera makes sense as an obvious buddy. [pera] only came around to saying "Quidnose is scum!" late in the day, and she never voted for him (though iirc by the time she came around to quid being scum he was at -1 already? I wasn't keeping close tabs on the count tbh, I was surprised quid's self-vote was a hammer).

Likewise, Quidnose acted super weird about pera all day. I recall he barely mentioned her, and then when he did it he made it in a joking, "I bet pera and Ecco are scum together!" way. Then at the end of the day, despite it being clear that voting for pera (a player he said he thought was scum) would be the best way to save him from dying (which presumably town players want to not die especially if they can get scum killed instead), he refused to go for it. I told him, explicitly, what he could do to get me to unvote him, but he instead chose to commit hari kari.

(Good on you for knowing the right term, girl.) 1) NOT TRUE ;o; 2) He was pretty clearly scum but I wasn't going to hammer because I was waiting for AYC to case me. [wifom wifom wifom wifom] 3) quid played for scum by self-hammering. I am always hesitant to vote and I am especially hesitant to vote early. You'll see in two of my posts that I reference being 'ready to' or 'soft-voting' Quid, but I wasn't sure enough to drop the vote and ESPECIALLY not to hammer. and realtalk if s!Quid and scum!pera were true, I'd have had him let me kill him. Self-hammering was all-but a loving confession. town!Quid not only votes ME, he grabs BK's case and drowns me with it after whispering in my ear that "some of us keep our loving promises." In yesterday's atmosphere, I can only uncomfortably cede that he... really should have?

Quidnose's reaction as town only makes sense if he's histrionic and dramatic, which is possible, I don't really know his disposition very well.

(This is possible, but if so, JESUS CHRIST, QUID - stop signing up for games if you're not going to play to your loving wincon. And especially don't blow an experiment over it.)

But if he was scum, scum with pera, then his reaction actually does make a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to vote for pera because it'd still be hurting his team; he would rather die first. It would also explain pera's "I think quidnose is scum but I won't vote for him yet" deal, though that one is less certain (since it might have been hammer).

I don't have a meaningful response to this one since I've covered it, but didn't want to leave out your emphasis. s!Quid & scum!pera just isn't realistic. Either Quid was scum, I have a partner who is presently doing well and earning their victory, or I'm town. I'm town (and was SURE I was dead last night so I'm just loving bewildered. Why are we both alive?? Somebody hosed up.)

Gun to my head if I had to figure out an order to who I think was most likely to be scum to least at the open of day 2 it'd be something like

]There's a chance some of the minor details are wrong - maybe pera did make a proper case against Quidnose

I don't know if you'd call it a proper case (I am continuing to lose my grasp on what exactly constitutes a 'good case' in this community, I speak to people, I talk about interactions, I accuse, I consider... [i]sigh
. I had Quid dead to rights just like I had MMT dead to rights in the first game of yours I tried to play (& subbed out of) and for the same reasons, I just wasn't as sure of it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

hi pera sorry for capitalizing your nickname in there.

I'm not 100% sold on you but I hope you see where I am coming from with you and I hope you can allay my suspicions!

post-post fuckup edit:

I am always understanding when people think I am scum (as either alignment [wifom wifom wifom]) because I never learned how to not talk like a supervillain monologue-ing her mastermind plan to the hero right before trying to murder them. It's just who I am. It's the rep I've built. It's cool.

[B}EXCEPT[/b] that Backstabbing Kiddo who ran up into my business and shoved me around - after a token case thrown at presumed scumbuddy Quid - without so much as a hello or a thank you and then went right back to playing wow like a JERK!!!

(bk scum but there's nothing else to make a loving case out of lmao)

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
... are you loving kidding me with that } tag you piece of poo poo

morning ruined

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

pera this post is unreadable. please put my quotes in quote boxes not italics while then using italics for your own words too.

:bang:

of course, darling.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

pera > AYC > BK > AA > PMush > Ecco

essentially if the scum are AA and/or BK then they're doing a good job, they're posting cases and making comments on others' and so on. Especially since that'd mean town were among Quidnose/pera/PMush/AYC, they'd earn their victory. I'm not 100% that BK and AA are town, but I'm definitely not thinking of them as scum at this time. I am always open to being persuaded otherwise, and a good case can make me very receptive.

I'd better learn how to make a good case because scum!BK would gun for me hard as hell, especially if he only had a few bits to play. Please take his case into account with the possibility that he might be scum and on the grounds that he and I are the same tree planted in neighboring fields. But also don't just shoot him for it. honey, it is REALLY hard to play with you. the wifoms stack up so far and so fast it makes my head spin.

EccoRaven posted:

I suspect it's pera partially because of (BK's?) case which is something I pointed out to quidnose halfway through Day 1: pera frequently used a lot of words to say very little, and as others have commented it makes reading her posts more difficult than they ought to be.

As I said! My words matter, drat it, but if they'll get lost in the noise, I'll use less per post. Especially since looking at AYC's postcount pic I look lurk as gently caress when ya'll know I ain't been.

EccoRaven posted:

I also suspect it's her because of her relation to Quidnose. If we assume Quid was scum (which is a pretty safe assumption), then pera makes sense as an obvious buddy. Pera (I capitalize the first words of sentences, it's not a personal slight) only came around to saying "Quidnose is scum!" late in the day, and she never voted for him (though iirc by the time she came around to quid being scum he was at -1 already? I wasn't keeping close tabs on the count tbh, I was surprised quid's self-vote was a hammer).

Likewise, Quidnose acted super weird about pera all day. I recall he barely mentioned her, and then when he did it he made it in a joking, "I bet pera and Ecco are scum together!" way. Then at the end of the day, despite it being clear that voting for pera (a player he said he thought was scum) would be the best way to save him from dying (which presumably town players want to not die especially if they can get scum killed instead), he refused to go for it. I told him, explicitly, what he could do to get me to unvote him, but he instead chose to commit hari kari.

(Good on you for knowing the right term, girl.) 1) NOT TRUE ;o; 2) He was pretty clearly scum but I wasn't going to hammer because I was waiting for AYC to case me. [wifom wifom wifom wifom] 3) quid played for scum by self-hammering. I am always hesitant to vote and I am especially hesitant to vote early. You'll see in two of my posts that I reference being 'ready to' or 'soft-voting' Quid, but I wasn't sure enough to drop the vote and ESPECIALLY not to hammer. and realtalk if s!Quid and scum!pera were true, I'd have had him let me kill him. Self-hammering was all-but a loving confession. town!Quid not only votes ME, he grabs BK's case and drowns me with it after whispering in my ear that "some of us keep our loving promises." In yesterday's atmosphere, I can only uncomfortably cede that he... really should have?

EccoRaven posted:

Quidnose's reaction as town only makes sense if he's histrionic and dramatic, which is possible, I don't really know his disposition very well.

(This is possible, but if so, JESUS CHRIST, QUID - stop signing up for games if you're not going to play to your loving wincon. And especially don't blow an experiment over it.)

EccoRaven posted:

But if he was scum, scum with pera, then his reaction actually does make a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to vote for pera because it'd still be hurting his team; he would rather die first. It would also explain pera's "I think quidnose is scum but I won't vote for him yet" deal, though that one is less certain (since it might have been hammer).

I don't have a meaningful response to this one since I've covered it, but didn't want to leave out your emphasis. s!Quid & scum!pera just isn't realistic. Either Quid was scum, I have a partner who is presently doing well and earning their victory, or I'm town. I'm town (and was SURE I was dead last night so I'm just loving bewildered. Why are we both alive?? Somebody hosed up.)

EccoRaven posted:

I've read the game closely (obviously) and all of this is my recollection. There's a chance some of the minor details are wrong - maybe pera did make a proper case against Quidnose, I don't recall it but I'm sure it'd be easy to find but I'm feeling lazy right now so I'll post this and then review it for factual accuracy, which is not a good practice and I don't encourage it in others.

I don't know if you'd call it a proper case (I am continuing to lose my grasp on what exactly constitutes a 'good case' in this community, I speak to people, I talk about interactions, I accuse, I consider... sigh. I had Quid dead to rights just like I had MMT dead to rights in the first game of yours I tried to play (& subbed out of) and for the same reasons, I just wasn't as sure of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Flipless Mafia: who wants to watch pera have a real meltdown instead of just a funny one

kash plz give me permission to just [snip] that entire first post, people won't see ecco's warning and I publicly own that I THOUGHT I could make the post less ugly and just... that is perhaps the most dramatic failure i have ever seen (this is what's become of me since totally solving ff4) - as you can see, the post is preserved verbatim (I loving HOPE) and "pera hosed up a bunch of bbcode"

gently caress, i didn't double check I did all the /quotes right -- yeah, I think I've got it this time.

I'M GONNA GO FOR A BIT.

oh, hey ayc. don't let quid's idiotic selfhammer stop you from casing me.

(sorry about this morning, everybody - insufferable tryhard pera doesn't know her limitations anymore)

• Locked thread