Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

You are loving insufferable

I'm sorry you did a thing that only scum are interested in doing. Sounds like a personal problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

I really haven't been talking to you, I've been talking to AA and AYC. I have a post or two on BK, but you don't care what they say and you obviously didn't read them, so let's just stop pretending.

I did read them. You said it's unlikely BK was actually bussing Quid; that he voted for Quid early as a jokevote on a scumbuddy and it happened to be the case he couldn't back down from it or whatever.

This is helpful. But why do you think Quid is scum? You were dead-to-rights convinced he was town yesterday. What changed?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

I have an inno result on you, sweetheart, and nobody died. And BK says he's a doc that can't heal himself OR the same person twice in a row. And a bunch of other poo poo I've said over and over to you again.

You believe I am town, so the scum has to be someone from Quid or AA or AYC. BK says he tried to protect me night 1 and it was successful; he said he protected AYC night 2 and was also successful.

Why does this make AYC town? Why does it make Quid scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

the fact that scum are CAPABLE of getting access to that information SLASH that I know for a fact that scum could vignere keyswap the gently caress out of town is what I have been telling you all day

One of my requirements was that you all make an unbreakable breadcrumb. If someone could break it in 20 seconds it wasn't an unbreakable breadcrumb.

Regardless, do you disagree that scum have an interest in trying to break the breadcrumbs, while town don't? If so, then isn't it problematic that AYC did so?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

I disagree. I was feeling for a lot of today that pmush was scum. Having information on who she'd jail helps inform my thinking about her. Based on that breadcrumb, I'm leaning more towards bk now.

I'm not saying you are 100% scum for it. I'm saying it's weird because scum do have an actual, game interest in breaking it; for town it's just "it'd be nice/interesting/could be helpful if I know." it's a different degree of interest.

it's problematic is what I am saying.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

As stated but let's save you the reread, my plan is to flip a coin and investigate one or the other again.

why is this a good use of your power?

you would only get a different result if your first result was tampered by a (reverse framer?) or a scum busdriver. do you actually think you could get different results?

I'll find your post on AYC but I'll be honest I don't remember it being very persuasive.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
pera is it this post

peramene posted:

drat straight.

Town.

because nothing in this post says why you think AYC is town.

every line is just responding to something AYC said. once or twice you said "good point."

please tell me there's another post because this isn't at all a great way to say "AYC is definitely town, no question about it."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here is everything you said in that post, and whether or not it leads to the conclusion "I believe AYC is town."

peramene posted:

AYC would grant me cop powers. Thanks, AYC. I misunderstood this post initially, believing that I was his choice to investigate. It didn't occur to me until rereading that he meant it the other way around. Even I presume I'm scum sometimes, apparently. AYC, why in the world would you give ME cop powers? Especially with - as AA and I both pointed out (nice try s!Quid) - other peoples' copclaims are loving useless in this game. Why a cop would even exist is mind-boggling.
here you say you misunderstood the content game. you ask why AYC would give you a cop power, and then say how useless cops are this game. you also imply you think Quidnose is scum.

unless you think AYC is town because in a content game he'd give you a cop power I'm coding this as "neutral."

peramene posted:

You're drat right they could.
you agree with AYC that cautious voting is good because scum could hammer under a pretense. I don't agree but I guess I can see why if you agreed with it you'd think AYC is town for saying it.

+1

peramene posted:

Apart from Ecco being her usual self and diving for the captain's seat, I'm concerned about this repeated focus on AA. I don't think anybody else got that much attention from AYC, save Ecco in fragments. But we've all glanced at Ecco in fragments (except BK, if memory serves.)
you comment how you're concerned that AYC is focusing on AA so much, and that AYC hasn't given "much attention" to anyone else. if anything that suggests you're not sure AYC is town.

peramene posted:

Is Ecco scum because Ecco's an rear end in a top hat? AYC, it is so unbelievably boring being the only intelligent person in the room your whole goddamn life. Ecco and I share this experience and are both assholes as a result. This is after he's voted for her, vote ON her.
this is you saying AYC shouldn't have voted for me for my hostile tone. that doesn't suggest you think AYC is town.

a joke, neutral.

peramene posted:

I speak the truth, darling.

The posts that follow are solidly against pmush. Decidedly against Pmush. With good reason. AYC had also backed off of his confidence that I was town (which is a good sign imo)
you comment that AYC is going against PMush "with good reason" and that he's less certain you're town, but that that's good. and town do things for good reasons, so:

+2

peramene posted:

(I appreciate it. Sorry it's such a hassle. <3) It still blows my mind that quid didn't vote me. didn't even try to wriggle out. it makes no loving sense. Notice the effort in actually going back to read Quid's posts and focus specifically on every time s!Quid tried to throw a little ink on me - I'm not sure what "pera is possibly scum, probably scum, and then quid would vote for her" was intended to mean, but Quid certainly didn't end up voting me. I also don't really see how this is suspicious, but AYC says it is, so here's a response to it.
this part is about Quid. You're confused why Quid never voted for you. AYC said it was suspicious (implying you're potentially scum with Quidnose) but you weren't sure why AYC would think that, so you address it.
I don't think "this player made an argument positioning themselves against me that I don't understand" is a town thing to do so I'm gonna code this as neutral.

peramene posted:

When you figure it out, let me know. Christ.
another joke I suppose? you both bonding over what it is to make a case.

peramene posted:

Agreed; sure; please do, it's a short read; you don't know this about me yet but I have established a reputation for being a prolific liar, while I don't want to slap down your faith that my mania was legit, just because it rings true shouldn't be much -- still don't quite understand where you're driving this bus; gently caress that jailer claim but I'll get there.
you're all over the place here but you're responding to AYC's individual suspicions. you say "sure, please do" to AYC saying he wants to reread you. Most of this comment is describing your unique posting style to help inform AYC on his read. You conclude saying you don't understand how you and Quid could be seen as connected, and you'll address the jailor claim in a bit.

This is also neutral. You're not saying anything about AYC's alignment here.

peramene posted:

drat straight.
"I have a real life, it's ok to be AFK from time to time." I agree, but this is still neutral.

All-in-all there's only two comments in that long post that actually seem to be working out AYC's alignment. Most of your comments are neutral - just talking about something AYC said, rather than whether or not AYC is town or scum for thinking it. And some are just jokes.

Nothing in this post suggests why you think AYC is so totally town. You described this post as "all the reasons I'm convinced AYC is and has been town." This post doesn't match what you said. It's just responding to things AYC has said, sometimes positively but most of the time neutrally (and sometimes a bit negatively).

And this is what I meant about padding. Most of that post included stuff that didn't need to be responded to. You frequently spend a lot of words to say very little. It's a lot of emptiness.

I am not trying to gaslight you. I am not trying to make your life more difficult. I am not trying to harp on your brain. I am saying you haven't done what you've said you've done. Yesterday you said you were convinced Quidnose was town. Today you say you're convinced he was scum. What changed? And why did what change convince you?

I don't know if you're town or scum. I do know you've been exceedingly unhelpful all game. I do know your claim seems fishy because in it you draw conclusions that don't seem to follow and you rely on evidence that either isn't there or hasn't been presented or is not as strong as you present it to be. I do know you've been trying to rush people to voting BK.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time. But please trust me when I say I'm trying to work with you here. I want you to be town, I want Quidnose to have been scum, I want BK to be the last scum and we can just win the game. But if I'm wrong about those things, we will lose the game. So please work with me like I'm trying to work with you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

No. Not really. But as far as I'm concerned, my results have been worthless and will remain worthless. You may be innocent, but your arrogance has misled you just as intensely as yesterday mine did me.
this isn't helpful. Your results may be "worthless" to everyone else (they're not), but they should be very helpful for you. If you think there is a chance that AA or AYC are scum, then you should investigate one of them. If you get town on them - great, nothing has changed for you. But imagine if you got a scum result on one of them? That would really change the game. Or say you investigate someone and you're told your action failed, and then the next day PMush says she jailed your target. Then you know PMush must be telling the truth about being a jailor! That's all good information for you to have!

Please don't investigate someone you've already investigated. It is wasting your action.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

IT CAN'T BE UNBREAKABLE *AND* OBVIOUS

here is an unbreakable handmade cipher. It is a vigenere cipher. The key is known only to me. I am making this with a vigenere sheet I made when watching Gravity Falls.

DRAXXRBSFDUIGEUGOVQPEYSCCVMEGDBCHHVXBAXZMVKYFBGHADGFXNAHKKWOGOIG

have a good night.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

POSTERPERAMENEISASILLYGOOSEANDPOTENTIALLYSCUMBUTMAYBENOTWHOKNOWS

I am successfully bested. I withdraw the suggestion. I apologize for wasting people's time with it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
goodness five minutes too. it took me an hour to make :\

my understanding of ciphers is not as strong as I thought it was.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A third and final post for the night before I head out.

1) I apologize a second time. I thought a vigenere cipher with an unusual key would essentially be unsolvable, but I guess computers have bested me. My knowledge was flawed and I acted foolishly as a result. I apologize for wasting time. Had what I said been true what I've done today would have made sense, but it wasn't. Pera (and AYC) tried to tell me otherwise but I didn't really listen because I didn't think they were understanding what I was saying. So for a third and final time: I'm sorry.

2) I do think it's weird that AYC so brazenly solved PMush's real cipher and then posted about it, but PMush is right, it gets into bad WIFOM territory and is probably not worth holding against him at this time.

3) I still don't know why pera is convinced AYC is town. I really don't think BK and Quidnose were scum together; my impression of BK's posts were that he did go into Quidnose fairly deeply when he had no reason to do so if Quid was his scumbuddy. Pera disagrees, saying BK just made a jokevote and couldn't leave it in time or something. I suppose it's a matter of interpretation, but I think it is fair to say that if BK does have a still-living scumbuddy, it would be AYC.

I don't think AYC is definitely 100% scum. But if BK has a buddy still alive, it doesn't make any sense for it to be pera or Pmush, I know it's not me (and I think our disconnected behavior suggests there's no coordination between us), and AA has been leaning on voting for BK all day, which makes me think it'd have to be AYC. But all of those are ifs - I am not saying BK has to have a still-living buddy (though it would better explain his vote against Quidnose). I'm not saying BK's buddy has to be AYC either. I'm just saying if one thing is true, then it's most likely, to me, that another thing is true.

4) I still don't know why pera thought Quidnose was town yesterday. She said it pretty boldly and repeatedly. Was it really just because she was convinced I was scum? She hasn't answered this yet.

5) I don't like how both pera and PMush have played today. If they were both scum, this is how they would have gone about today - tried to rush a vote on BK ASAP and pitched a fit when we didn't immediately join them.

Despite all that I am still amenable to voting for BK. But I want reasons. I don't want, "it's obvious from what I know to be true," because I don't know what you know. I want reasons why BK is scum. What is it in his posts? What has he said and done that ring scum to you? And if Quid was scum, then why is BK scum for voting for Quid? My instinct is the opposite would be true.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I stubbed my toe at a wedding reception and I'm so done with this game right now. It could be BK it could be mush who cares.

##vote bk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

Day 2:

I think this might be our answer to why BK stuck on Quid through Day 1. He'd already gone so hard that he couldn't/hesitated on pulling back until it was too late.

this was the post that made me go "ok yeah sure that's fine"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
who could have seen that coming.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
things I have learned this game:
- vigenere ciphers can be broken by computers

things I already knew this game:
- townies shouldn't self-hammer for funsies
- if someone isn't posting in a way that helps the town you should vote for them regardless of their alignment
- if power roles don't make sense trust how the players have posted instead

I take full personal responsibility for my own mistakes for this loss but it was really james comey's fault.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

Your posts about the jailer claim being so ridiculous and why would scum post something so dumb really threw me for a loop. That said, I was feeling pmush beginning of day, and the just got taken in by her posting. I too blame Comey for this.

it doesn't make sense to claim jailor; despite them winning it really was sub-optimal play for the reasons I listed.

essentially I should have stopped posting after this post here. I should have just voted and gone on with my life instead of continuing to engage the PP Squad. So I guess that was my "Arizona instead of Wisconsin" moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

I'm not here to optimize my play. That you continue to insult us is as infuriating as it is predictable. Like grody says, a win is a win, it doesn't matter how it happens.

you accused me of emotionally abusing you.

• Locked thread