Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Holy cow, those are nice.

His army is bonkers good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So that's: Prime black, basecoat Naggaroth Night, drybrush Xereus Purple, wash Druchii Purple. That's a god-drat RICH purple.

Dude, good to know. I am going to do my Primaris as Soul Drinkers and I have been waffling where to start.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TheChirurgeon posted:

hm. The biggest thing is that they come across a little flat. Maybe some washes next, carroburg crimson for the red cloth, agrax eartshade for the bronze bits, and nuln oil for the steel bits on the armor

Yeah I've done nuln oil on the metals, I could do more. I'll have to see about getting that crimson

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Thanks to SRM and TheChirurgeon for building the new OP. Looks great.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Some BA characters:

I really need a proper photo taking set-up.

Astorath's axe broke and gently caress pinning that tiny join, so he gets a sword instead.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
When I get home I have some freshly painted sisters of silence I need to post. Should have sent them earlier but i was way behind on the other thread.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Good looking stuff, all. Great use of everyone's minis in the OP. Looking forward to playing again, for sure.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

His army is bonkers good.

Thanks!

I hit that point where my painting has improved since I started the army. Now I want to sell it and start over!

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Played a 1000 point game against orks last night and crushed my opponent pretty good. The bright lances were great and banshees did work, but choppa/slugga boyz took out half the unit on their counter-attack. After consuming the unit of 20 boys, Jain zhar and the lone remaining banshee fell back to avoid combat against a very slow warboss and painboy, but the game ended before that due to a decisive volley of shuriken, starshot missles and bright lance fire. I think I would rather have another unit of guardians with a heavy weapon than the rangers, who killed two boyz before being blendered by deffkopters.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
In case it's not been said enough - collectively, that is the finest loving OP on this or any other thread, ever.

Honestly, bra-loving-vo.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Can I add a quick suggestion to do a pass on the OP and make sure every army has a mention on how they tend to play? Some do, some don't, but when I first looked at the ham thread I wanted to know which armies did what between shooty/slashy/magic and if they tend to be horde, elite, or medium model count.

OP is incredible and I appreciate the work, I just think that might help new folks.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

For the OP, the Warhammer subreddit should be r/warhammer40k. It's larger and the mods don't ban you just for existing.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I am at the midnight launch at my store. There are now balloons containing a worrying amount of the contents of my lungs.

Anyone else at store events?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Working on these guys. Other than some places that need cleaning up how should I improve them before I put on the decals?

Whenever I paint bronze I do a double wash of Agrax Earthshade to make it really rich. Try this along with an edge highlight of Runefang Steel to give the metal a bit more depth. Do that on the leather straps as well before building highlights back up with whatever reds you have to give them more depth as well.

Obviously there's basing to be done, and you'll want to do the wash->highlight work on the guns as well so that they don't look like plain metal.

You could also consider some weathering along the edges - scuffing the paint on the boots and along the tops of the shoulders - which will give them some more depth.

panascope fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 16, 2017

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Thundercloud posted:

I am at the midnight launch at my store. There are now balloons containing a worrying amount of the contents of my lungs.

Anyone else at store events?

I will be tomorrow at mine. No midnight release, as corporate feels the amount of sales doesn't justify the overtime. :(

Oh man. My friend took some hi-res shots of my AdMech today and good lord I love this model.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 16, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Was teaching my friend to play, a 50 pl game

I had a terminator chaplain, terminators, tac squad, devastator squad, razorback, vindicator

He had a jump pack captain, cataphractii, 10 vanguard with jump packs, scouts, predator.

Man I need to bring these scouts more. Top of 1 the 5 scouts killed 4 devastators and the last one ran away. Should've deployed them in the razorback. His vanguard were actually pretty good in numbers, he gave them all storm shields and power swords and tanked vindicator fire with their shields. Definitely need to give them another chance with shields.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 16, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

panascope posted:

Whenever I paint bronze I do a double wash of Agrax Earthshade to make it really rich. Try this along with an edge highlight of Runefang Steel to give the metal a bit more depth. Do that on the leather straps as well before building highlights back up with whatever reds you have to give them more depth as well.

Obviously there's basing to be done, and you'll want to do the wash->highlight work on the guns as well so that they don't look like plain metal.

You could also consider some weathering along the edges - scuffing the paint on the boots and along the tops of the shoulders - which will give them some more depth.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely put some agrax on there. I have nuln oil on all the silver parts, but was worried about it looking too dirty and killing my highlights. I'll do more.

By the way, do you have a guide for weathering? It's beyond my current skillset.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 17, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am excited to see so much choice 30k content to start this thread off. Here are some various things I have done over the years.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zuul the Cat posted:

I will be tomorrow at mine. No midnight release, as corporate feels the amount of sales doesn't justify the overtime. :(

Oh man. My friend took some hi-res shots of my AdMech today and good lord I love this model.

Your AdMech dudes are so good.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Your AdMech dudes are so good.

Thanks man. I need to expand them some. Get a couple Kastelan Robot units and a Knight, then I think they'll be done.

Unless they release flyers later on.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
By the way, did I resolve the sniper shots correctly?

So mortal wounds spill over. The way I did it was I did all the armor saves, and then applied the mortal wounds to the unit (So in the case of the devastators, it was 2 mortal wounds and 4 armor saves).

Is that correct, or is it intended for the armor save and mortal wound you get from rolling a 6 be applied to the same model?

Maybe it's supposed to be vaporizing one dude's head and hitting the guy behind him.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Has anyone got the enhanced edition of the rulebook on iOS? I preordered it last night but now the enhanced edition has completed disappeared from :australia: iBooks :-/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New thread? Opening with dude pics? Let's make it Orky! :orks101:

Plus bonus diggas

Looking forward to trying out the new edition, my stuff should be arriving with the parents tomorrow for me to pick up next week.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zark the Damned posted:

New thread? Opening with dude pics? Let's make it Orky! :orks101:

Plus bonus diggas

Looking forward to trying out the new edition, my stuff should be arriving with the parents tomorrow for me to pick up next week.

Orks are always good, loving those conversions!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

admech paint up really well.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Digital Jesus posted:

Has anyone got the enhanced edition of the rulebook on iOS? I preordered it last night but now the enhanced edition has completed disappeared from :australia: iBooks :-/

Downloaded this morning. Got it.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Hellhound' flame based inferno cannon doesn't auto hit like every other flame weapon in the game. :what:

Literally useless in its current form.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Yeast posted:

Downloaded this morning. Got it.

Argh. Not Aussie I'm guessing? Every other freaking book is there except the EE Rulebook.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Digital Jesus posted:

Argh. Not Aussie I'm guessing? Every other freaking book is there except the EE Rulebook.

Oh poo poo sorry. Am Aussie, but got the Index, not the rule book digitally.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Yeast posted:

Hellhound' flame based inferno cannon doesn't auto hit like every other flame weapon in the game. :what:

Literally useless in its current form.

I'm looking at the leaked index and both the inferno and chem cannon automatically hit, is it different elsewhere?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

chutche2 posted:

I'm looking at the leaked index and both the inferno and chem cannon automatically hit, is it different elsewhere?

Yep, the digital version is different.

Good work GW!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

admech paint up really well.

All hail the machine!

I love how good they look with that Martian Ironearth basing.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like some UK people are starting to get their Forgeworld Indexes unlocked. I don't want to post screenshots since we're leaving the realm of leaks and :filez: are a thing, but I will say the Fire Raptor looks incredibly nasty.

The default configuration gives 24 HB shots, the main gun is Heavy 10 S6 AP-2 D2 and it has the option to take 2 twin lascannons instead of the missiles. It also weighs in at a whopping 19 PP, or almost 400 points if the normal ratio holds true.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Feeling vindicated about my choice of putting the quad bolters on my Fire Raptor.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Warhammer TV guys are running a 24 hour livestream marathon of games and interviews over this Saturday. Should be worth a laugh: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/393602864368031/

Pendent posted:

Sounds like some UK people are starting to get their Forgeworld Indexes unlocked. I don't want to post screenshots since we're leaving the realm of leaks and :files: are a thing, but I will say the Fire Raptor looks incredibly nasty. The default configuration gives 24 HB shots, the main gun is Heavy 10 S6 AP-2 D2 and it has the option to take 2 twin lascannons instead of the missiles. It also weighs in at a whopping 19 PP, or almost 400 points if the normal ratio holds true.

Nice, sounds tasty. If it's not a bother, what Marine chapters does the book list as being able to use the Raptor? Same with the Contemptor Mortis, if it's in there please.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

The Warhammer TV guys are running a 24 hour livestream marathon of games and interviews over this Saturday. Should be worth a laugh: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/393602864368031/

Nice, sounds tasty. If it's not a bother, what Marine chapters does the book list as being able to use the Raptor? Same with the Contemptor Mortis, if it's in there please.

I don't have anything but the datasheet yet, but I'll post more stuff if I see it. I'm really hoping to see the Sicaran soon...

E: The Fire Raptor does look really nice though, doesn't it? That's enough firepower to put some serious hurt on just about anything. It can probably do most of an armies anti-horde work by itself.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 17, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Pendent posted:

I don't have anything but the datasheet yet, but I'll post more stuff if I see it. I'm really hoping to see the Sicaran soon...

Ah, fair enough. I got the impression you had your book unlocked.

Same on the Sicaran, also wondering if they've done what they keep implying and give their pet chapters additional rules.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah my top desires are vaylund cal, Lias, sicaran, sicaran venator, and relic predator.

Hopefully someone will upload it somewhere soon. Don't want to wait for my physical copy to arrive.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Chaos Warlord titan has 70 base wounds :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Pendent posted:

The Chaos Warlord titan has 70 base wounds :laffo:

Holy poo poo.