Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/13/missed-indomitus-well-make-you-one/

And now to foolishly harken back to the discussion that tore through the thread a while ago by posting GW's official update about it.

quote:

When we said we made loads of this set, we weren’t kidding – there were way more Indomitus launch boxes made than any other box set in the history of Warhammer, and not by a small margin! The copies we had reserved for the online store sold out in minutes.

So now it's made to order as a result. But don't expect to get it anytime soon.

Also I'm really getting tried of having to click on pictures of umbrellas and boats by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They just announced they're doing a run of Made to Order for Indomitus.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

So what you're saying is that anyone who wants a copy of Indomitus can get one?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

So what you're saying is that anyone who wants a copy of Indomitus can get one?

Yep! I'm sure this won't be good enough for Kitchner though.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Oh well look at that. But I was definitely lying though?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/13/missed-indomitus-well-make-you-one/

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Glad to hear it for the people that wanted it. I lucked into getting one on a GW website refresh 20 minutes after they sold out and was feeling guilty. I'm only casually getting back into the hobby but I wanted the necrons since they were my original army and my only one 100% painted. I like the new sets of models more than the goofy jetbikes and barges from the last revamp. The plastic wraiths are cool though and I'll have to get a box to replace my old metal ones.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah plastic wraiths are really fun sculpts. If you haven't seen it yet, the Canoptek Spyder is also adorable.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The CSM faq allows The Black Mace and The Cursed Crozius to be taken by models with an accursed crozius (so, Dark Apostles). This is new to the 9th faq yeah? Are slam apostles for Word Bearers a thing now? Will I be flinging a fights twice model w/ 8 str 9 ap-4 4D attacks across the table with warp time??? (probably not)

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Painted up some Grey Knights, I'm still relatively new to this painting thing but I'm happy with what I have for the most part and thought I would share.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Psyber Spine posted:

Are missile launchers good for guard now? I thought they might be good against hoard armies as hoard armies tend to have more lightly armoured vehicles and with the new blast rule you'll be getting more hits vs larger units.

The list i'm looking at has the following changes for infantry heavy weapons on Astra Militarum:
(old points)
Missile Launcher 15(10) - 50% Increase
Autocannon 10(10) - No Change
Heavy Bolter 10 (8) - 25% increase
Lascannon 15 (15) - No Change
Mortar 10(9) - 11% Increase

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I found a Know No Fear box discounted on a Canadian store (which ends up being MSRP from the cost of shipping). 100 CAD (73 USD) worth it to go with my Indomitus box if I want some Inceptors and regular Intercessors? I don't know if Hellblasters are any good and the Captain can always be converted into a Smash Captain right?

Also, I guess there's like Death Guard sprues in there... I guess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Pretty sure you could flip those on Ebay at a decent price. Especially now that the other big source of them has dried up.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The formulaic nature of most price changes, per Goonhammer, is interesting. Some of the units that bucked the trend as indicated at that link (https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/socials/warhammer-40000-9th-points-change-space-marines#spacemarines) are headscratchers.

Whirlwind +40 net? That's placing a lot of value in the blast rule change for a mediocre unit. The Vindicator is going up +5.

DA Talonmasters -18 points (!). They were already one of the better DA units.

A Deathwing Apothecary went up by +15 points. Perhaps a typo as other Apothecary units went up +5. Can't think of any reason why this unit would be singled out for a price hike.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Speaking of values of things, is this Eldar box a good value? It seems so to me but maybe I'm hella dumb.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Craftworlds-Army-2017 - $176

8-man Guardian Squad - $40
Wave Serpent - $58
Farseer - $29
5 Wraithguard - $55
Wraithlord - $55
War Walker - $36
Total - $273

Before I saw the box I was thinking I'd want Wraithguard, a Wraithlord, Wave Serpent for sure. And everything else seems plausible to field. Related question is this a box that GW will keep in stock for at least a few months? I think first I'd like to get the Codex and a box of Wraithguard to "be sure" but if it's about to go out of stock maybe I just gamble and pick it up now.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

The formulaic nature of most price changes, per Goonhammer, is interesting. Some of the units that bucked the trend as indicated at that link (https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/socials/warhammer-40000-9th-points-change-space-marines#spacemarines) are headscratchers.

Whirlwind +40 net? That's placing a lot of value in the blast rule change for a mediocre unit. The Vindicator is going up +5.

DA Talonmasters -18 points (!). They were already one of the better DA units.

A Deathwing Apothecary went up by +15 points. Perhaps a typo as other Apothecary units went up +5. Can't think of any reason why this unit would be singled out for a price hike.

Whirlwinds were incredibly good in some armies. They were undercosted at the end of 8th, so part of their more significant increase is fixing that. The vindicator, on the other hand, was and still is bad. The deathwing apothecary was also a bit undercosted.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

tangy yet delightful posted:

Speaking of values of things, is this Eldar box a good value? It seems so to me but maybe I'm hella dumb.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Craftworlds-Army-2017 - $176

8-man Guardian Squad - $40
Wave Serpent - $58
Farseer - $29
5 Wraithguard - $55
Wraithlord - $55
War Walker - $36
Total - $273

Before I saw the box I was thinking I'd want Wraithguard, a Wraithlord, Wave Serpent for sure. And everything else seems plausible to field. Related question is this a box that GW will keep in stock for at least a few months? I think first I'd like to get the Codex and a box of Wraithguard to "be sure" but if it's about to go out of stock maybe I just gamble and pick it up now.

I think that is just a one-click bundle with slightly wonky pricing due to escaping the recent slight increases everything got. Most of the savings is actually due to the SC Eldar box. The listed contents on the page you linked are:

- An 8-man Guardian Squad, which includes a heavy weapons platform assemblable with a bright lance, a missile launcher, a scatter laser, a starcannon or shuriken cannon;
- A Wave Serpent, an armoured troop carrier which can be armed with a bright lance, star cannon, missile launcher, shuriken cannon or a scatter laser turret;
- A Start Collecting! Craftworlds set – this contains 8 miniatures: a Farseer, 5 Wraithguard (who can be optionally assembled as Wraithblades), a Wraithlord and a War Walker.

which can be had separately for $40, $58, and $90, respectively.

So you're fine to wait until you're ready, or purchase the SC separately and get most of the models now with the others available later at no extra cost.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Condemnor boltgun went from 1 to 5 points. Curse them for eliminating my secret weapon for making exactly 2,000 point lists.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Bob Wins posted:

Painted up some Grey Knights, I'm still relatively new to this painting thing but I'm happy with what I have for the most part and thought I would share.

The bases on these guys look loving awesome, and are really stand out. The models are nice too, but the bases are great.

As for GW doing a second batch of Indomitus, I'm glad they are, like I said I would be, as after promising everyone who wants one would get one, they can't just print one batch that sells out in 15 minutes and not look like twats.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Kitchner posted:

as after promising everyone who wants one would get one, they can't just print one batch that sells out in 15 minutes and not look like twats.

They were never going to do that. They had already notified retailers before Saturday of plans for another run. I told you as much and then you called me a liar.

Feel free to apologise in your own time.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

My favourite part of this is that the timing totally fucks over all the scalpers listing at 200% markup

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Wait why are Wyches at 11 pts now? And Kabalite Warriors are now more expensive than uh every daemon troop choice? That seems rude

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

xtothez posted:

My favourite part of this is that the timing totally fucks over all the scalpers listing at 200% markup

Yeah it's pretty great.

They obviously looked at the numbers this morning and decided there was enough demand that the second run wouldn't cut it so gently caress it, run the machines a bit more over the next few months and completely kneecap the scalpers.

Looking forward to some cheap Necron warriors on Ebay.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

fashionly snort posted:

Wait why are Wyches at 11 pts now? And Kabalite Warriors are now more expensive than uh every daemon troop choice? That seems rude

:unsmith: You can't always win.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

:unsmith: You can't always win.

It's true. I just started GSC and GW took the chance to decide it hated every unit I liked and jacked up their points. Maybe if I'd been playing longer this wouldn't have taken so much of the wind out of my sails.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Booley posted:

Whirlwinds were incredibly good in some armies. They were undercosted at the end of 8th, so part of their more significant increase is fixing that. The vindicator, on the other hand, was and still is bad. The deathwing apothecary was also a bit undercosted.

The Whirlwind change makes sense then.

Re Deathwing Apothecaries, what were they being used for being used for? Ravenwing Apothecaries had -1 armour and no deepstrike, but +9M, +1T, +1A, +1 invulnerable save, and better ranged weapons. And they were already cheaper.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Making it made to order was the right move. I retract my complaint regarding GW.

Lovely Joe is still an rear end clown however.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

It's true. I just started GSC and GW took the chance to decide it hated every unit I liked and jacked up their points. Maybe if I'd been playing longer this wouldn't have taken so much of the wind out of my sails.

Yeah, it is a really tough thing to deal with as a newer player.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
The Craftworld Eldar FAQ changed the Saim-Hann Craftworld Trait: Bikers now treat any Heavy Weapons as Assault Weapons if they Advanced that turn.

TBH I find that quite useless (not unexpected, it's just an anaemic trait). The only Bikers with access to Heavy Weapons are Windriders (if they take Scatter Lasers) and Vypers (all their options except Shuriken). Windriders have Battle Focus, so they gain the ability fire Scatter Lasers while advancing (total move of 22") in the same way they can do with their other weapons. Not really that necessary, you can usually get the most out of the unit and its weapons while moving 16". Vypers Advance +D6", not a set 6", and don't have Battle Focus. So they could fire Heavy Weapons while advancing, but it's not a reliable or major mobility boost for an already fast unit, and they'd take a -1 to hit.

Basically, Saim-Hann is still a nice trait for Shining Spears or Bike Autarchs. Pretty sodding useless for the rest of the classic Windrider Host. Maybe I should look at Biel-Tan or Ulthwe rules for most of my army instead, or a custom trait.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

xtothez posted:

It probably doesn't though because if you get a made to order one you could be waiting 120 days for it to even ship. People that want their plastic dollies now are still gonna pay.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

Literally no one who has any input on balance stuff, plays GSC at GW, or even bothers to read tournament results. It's really the only way they can be so completely in the dark about GSC units. On top of that, I'm reasonably sure that someone who does have input on balance stuff, must be regularly be getting his rear end beat by a GSC player who runs a poo poo load of aberrants. I really don't know how else to explain the insanity of the aberrant cost increases (this one and the last one).

Overall GSC weren't doing badly at the end of 8th and that's in a marine meta, which is about the worst case for GSC. Bolters just slays anything GSC has. The numbers are a little artificially bloated because of who plays GSC, but they weren't terrible at tournaments. They're very tricksy, very glass hammer, and can be extremely hard to deal with, especially for players who haven't played against them much. Regardless, in 9th strategic reserves kinda devaluates GSCs gimmick, since everyone can hide half their army now, but if it wasn't for the points changes, I'd say GSC didn't look awful going into 9th.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

The Whirlwind change makes sense then.

Re Deathwing Apothecaries, what were they being used for being used for? Ravenwing Apothecaries had -1 armour and no deepstrike, but +9M, +1T, +1A, +1 invulnerable save, and better ranged weapons. And they were already cheaper.

Deep strike is useful.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

R0ckfish posted:

I finished off a Doomsday Ark!

WHOA, That is sweet and must have taken ages.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Something interesting is that a Valkyrie with 4 rocket pods and a multilaser is 130 points. A Wyvern with a heavy bolter is 140.

The rocket pods are also blast, strength 5 and AP -1. So good against Hordes and Marines. They're also -1 to hit and +1 to hit if they hover, plus they're transports.

They need LOS, but they can just fly behind cover and shoot at people from behind, and they're pretty tanky if they do get shot at.

Edit actually I guess Valkyries only get 1 rocket pod per missile. I thought they got two...

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 13, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Happy that people can still get indomitus, sad for all the unloved necrons that will be out there

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hope those necrons find good forever homes.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

moths posted:

I hope those necrons find good forever homes.

For as little as $200 per edition...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm picking up the Necrons and flipping the Marines, but I'm wondering how strong my spooky boys will be this go around. Now that I look over the leaks, eh, I dunno. I'll have to get some games in.

I do love the new standard issue tachyon arrow. 'gently caress that thing way over there in particular, *zap*.'

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Giant Isopod posted:

Because that's how the monopose canoness is modelled.

Yes it sucks.

The multipart canoness box doesn't even have the option either, if you want to WYSIWYG a rod of office you need the monopose from the limited edition box lol

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

SerCypher posted:

Something interesting is that a Valkyrie with 4 rocket pods and a multilaser is 130 points. A Wyvern with a heavy bolter is 140.

The rocket pods are also blast, strength 5 and AP -1. So good against Hordes and Marines. They're also -1 to hit and +1 to hit if they hover, plus they're transports.

They need LOS, but they can just fly behind cover and shoot at people from behind, and they're pretty tanky if they do get shot at.

Edit actually I guess Valkyries only get 1 rocket pod per missile. I thought they got two...

I think every AM list will take a Wyvern simply because if your opponent does bring a big unit, you can turn down 24 Los ignoring shots that with cadians re-roll 1s to hit and then re-roll wounds.

The MRP on the Valkyrie have always been a good choice in my view, but now having potentially 12 S5 -2 AP shots against a hoarse unit (plus other guns) is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's funny to me that tiny marines are having one last hurrah by getting to take Termie armour out for a spin at 0 point change because everyone else is a big boi now.