Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cassa posted:

Not that I'm aware of, but I know they published a fairly good set of youtube videos about the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC8YZVac5wtpGMKO_BqlH0Yg

This link is dead and I would very much like to see the video described.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

atal posted:

Having already brutally murdered this thread - I discovered this game on the week before my RPG group started a GURP campaign that looks to run and run so I need to get my fix elsewhere.

Do we have any interest in a GMT/EU TZ Discord and Roll20 game?

I'm tentatively interested. I'm EST but if it's on the weekend I don't mind gaming early.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Are fighter swarms (from Antagonist Archive) still represented by a single unit on the tactical map? Is there any guidance as to how many ships make up a swarm or is it just a matter of narrative convenience?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'm probably gonna run Fragged Aeternum for my next campaign but I absolutely refuse to use their in-house setting because it sucks. I realize it would be totally against the spirit of the games' narrative style but I wish Bloodborne or Dark Souls (particularly Bloodborne since I can't even play it on PC) had a series bible so I could familiarize myself with the setting enough to run games in it, and not just have to fill in all the blanks myself.

I might just do some homebrew thing instead, I guess.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Could you talk a little more about what actually goes into those builds? Particularly the glass cannon or tactical ones.

A friend of mine is either going to run Gamma World 7E or Fragged Empire, depending on what the rest of the group prefers (I'd be thrilled with either) and I've wanted to roll a melee Zhou ever since the last recruitment post for FE here fizzled out.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Some kind of hosed up bio-whip wielding melee controller with forced movement(?) and party buffs sound like my dream character. Thanks!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I haven't had a chance to run the game yet but when I do I'll probably start at level one, but do one level-up per session (or every other session) instead of the recommended one per three sessions.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Moriatti posted:

How well would this work as a one-shot or short game? I have a small period in between major arcs an I'm eyeing "Let Sleeping Gods Lie"...

Pretty much the first thing FE tells you in the core book is that it's designed for long, sandbox campaigns.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Does the Freeze strong hit from Cryo-Gel stack?

For that matter, what is the default assumption with regard to status effects stacking? There is no exception that proves the rule, some effects are marked (stacks) or (stacks up to X times), some are explicitly marked (does not stack) and some aren't marked at all.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

01011001 posted:

If I understood it right, most things stack unless specified otherwise.

Thanks -- I actually asked around and got an answer from the author on the FE discord. Freeze stacks, can reduce your Movement down to 0, but you can still move around a little bit by using the Full Move action, since the bonus from the action applies after the penalty from the status effect.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Majkol posted:

I will be running this pretty soon, anyone got any good tips, resources, houserules?
Some people in the group will be playin a pnp rpg for the first time and it will be my first time GMing as well so anything that might help would be appreciated.

The rules for Fate and Fate Points in the book are unclear to the point of being unusable without houseruling -- it doesn't distinguish which is which and after a chat with the creator I realized that my original interpretation of how it was supposed to work was completely wrong.

This is, per Word of God, how it's actually supposed to work:

The idea is that Fate is the maximum, Fate Points are easy-come-easy-go.

You expend Fate Points to reroll dice and to activate a couple of specific abilities. You earn Fate Points back by having your Complications cause issues, and you also get a full tank refill at the beginning of each session (so spend them regularly.)

Fate itself is what you reduce to save your character from death, and you don't need any Fate Points in your pool to do this -- you just need at least one (maximum) Fate remaining.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I don't actually own Kingdom yet but I really want to pick it up when I get the chance. Wade Dyer has said in his own post-mortem that vanilla FE kind of has issues with trait balance and the game bogging down at high levels and Kingdom was his attempt to resolve those problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

And apparently Fragged Empire is getting a second edition. It'll be compatible with the setting books with maybe some errata. Plans are mostly around cleanup at this point, ETA unknown.

i love the game and am eager to play more of it but core FE absolutely needs a pass, both for clarity/errata reasons and for progression-related gameplay issues at least.

fantastic news in any case