Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Wade just mentioned in Discord that he hopes to Kickstart 2e next year, with a playtest before then. The Discord is open for comments, suggestions, and playtesters. Lore should be backwards compatible, but mechanical things likely won't be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This was posted in Discord

quote:

Important Announcement

G’day all.
So the Fragged Empire 2nd edition rules are basically done ‘GASP!’ Alpha testing and a limited closed community playtests (with both new and existing Fragged GMs/PCs) have all been going well and I’m feeling rather good about things.

Development of FE2 has been surprisingly quick (just 6ish months), which is fantastic news as this gives us a HUGE amount of time and space to polish things up and to gather community feedback (and to rebuild entire rule section if needed). For many years I’ve been keeping notes about ideas for how I would like FE2 to work, things in FE1 that I would like to improve, and ideas from Aeternum, Kingdom, Mecha and Seas that I would like to implement. This in combination with the crazy year that we’re all living through has given me a surprising amount of creative energy and drive.

From a business point of view I really should just shut up about all of this until I’m ready to sell it. But my goals for Fragged are VERY ambitious, as I want it to be the #1 medium crunch sci-fi ttRPG on the market. And this is a goal that I think we can reach if we can make the rules truly amazing, but that will only be achieved by building (and earning) large amounts of community involvement.

* If you would like to join ‘Round 1’ of the playtest please join the fe-2nd-edition-discussion channel. At this stage I want to prioritize Actual Play feedback, but proofreading is always welcome.
* Those who give substantial feedback will be given the option to have their name thanked in the final book.
* If you want to get a feel for the direction of FE2’s rules, I suggest you have a look over the character sheets. But in short: the rules/crunch are far easier but just as deep and with a new Munitions system (works a little like Momentum from FA, FK, etc…).
* I hope to Kickstart this next year.
* Feel free to ask me any questions.

I hope to post up a big Kickstarter update on all of this soon (gathering your feedback on this post will help me to solidify my plans and thoughts). Printing of the current 3 books is still on hold due to hold ups in the EU and here in Australia (but these are starting to lighten). I’m also thinking about changing the Mishpacha Guide to be a FE2 book (with a FE1 PDF)… but I need to give this some thought as I don’t want to mistreat any backers (though there won’t need to be many changes as there are few rules in that book)… drat 2020, what a frustrating year