Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

Hey, Sid. Is it normal for the inside of your bung-hole to itch?

Frankly I think people that haven't submitted yet should get punished because with the leaks going out there's a lot of info someone who submits today gets that I didn't have when I made my awful list .

I don't really care though it's all in good fun EH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Unexpected benefit: I'm having much more fun now.

Really.

Ginette Reno posted:

Frankly I think people that haven't submitted yet should get punished because with the leaks going out there's a lot of info someone who submits today gets that I didn't have when I made my awful list .

Fair point. I'd dig a shot at a new av, but if my early evening submissions will be tracked despite being exempt from the top prizes that's fine too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

Hey, Sid. Is it normal for the inside of your bung-hole to itch?

kalensc posted:

Fair point. I'd dig a shot at a new av, but if my early evening submissions will be tracked despite being exempt from the top prizes that's fine too.

I honestly don't care, I just wanted to guilt trip people who submitted today and get my preemptive excuse in for when I win the bad team award.

Kilza
Oct 3, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Especially because leaks are starting to come out with increasing frequency. If they continue to come out I may stipulate a soft deadline after which submissions won't be eligible for the matching prize.

Given that the leaks are building up like crazy, it's probably best just to start that soft deadline now.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I decided to go with something closest to the actual roster based on the rumours and the like:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Kilza posted:

Given that the leaks are building up like crazy, it's probably best just to start that soft deadline now.

sounds right

e: okay I have a list of the 31 submissions that are already in

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

based on the rumors coming out I'm Very Wrong on certain picks

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

(3) For the poster whose selections do the worst over the course of the 2017-2018 season, you will be burdened with an avatar of shaaaame

in a bizarre twist of fate, the worst performing team will be vegas itself

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

whatis posted:

in a bizarre twist of fate, the worst performing team will be vegas itself

Still not convinced their roster is worse than Vancouver's.

e: I mean, Vegas' pick from the Canucks appears to be "nobody."

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

I just submitted my 2nd, real submission that is cap compliant. Given the leaks and the soft deadline for the matching prize, this is obviously for the team that will be better than Vegas

Kilza
Oct 3, 2013

Vegas picks:

I got 15/30 right. That's lower than what I was hoping for.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 17, 2007

surfin usa

Wait we already know the full list? Why am I watching this show then

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

13/30. I'm confused as to what GMGM was doing.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I only had 11 right, RIP my team. Grats on the Knights for getting Engelland, Emelin, Sbisa of your own volition over Kulak/Shinkaruk, Hudon/Davidson or Gaunce/Rodin.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

"Hot dog, I love Pittsburgh! No more Steve Simmons, he was the wurst!"

I only got 9 right

15/30 seems pretty drat good with the weirdness of some of GMGM's picks

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

How did I do?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

quote:

Plekanec (MTL), Neal (NSH), Cammalleri (NJD), Eakin (DAL), Perron (STL), Kruger (CHI), Dorsett (VAN), ROFL (PHI), Lewis (LAK), Nordstrom (CAR), Stewart (MIN), Karlsson (CBJ), Rychel (TOR), Dano (WPG), Marchessault (FLA), Thornton (SJS), Pulkkinen (ARI), Grigorenko (COL)

D- Bogosian (BUF), Methot (OTT), Garrison (TBL), Hickey (NYI), Miller (BOS), Manson (ANA), Bartkowski (CGY), Reinhart (EDM), Schmidt (WSH)

G- Fleury (PIT), Mrazek (DET), Raanta (NYR)

12/30 by my count.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It's the arrogance of the subtext: The province of human affairs is a field best left to dilettantes' extraordinary gift for the feigning of paralysis. For saying nothing at all. For daydreams of black-tie affairs at Rideau Hall. An acceptance speech. Sustained applause.

ouch, 9/30

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

Preparing for Submarine-like standings

8/30 for me. I had some good ones in there like Pickard from the Avs and Schlemko from the Sharks, but kinda beefed it on some gimmes, (picking Kruger instead of TVR from Chicago, not taking MAF), but in my defense, I picked the night the lists came out, rather than after some deals had been reported.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know

Well that's one way to just casually get rid of Emelin

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 17, 2007

surfin usa

I don't remember who I picked exactly, but I think I got like 6 right

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Thufir posted:

This team would be pretty grindy and score very few goals.
Cap should be good, it's like $57m or something.

edit: Also I guess I was dumb and got some UFAs but whatever.

I think I got 8.

edit: Now I don't know if I get to count TVR

Thufir fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2017 around 16:28

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Please tell me I'm worthy to launder your sweaty jock Mr. Edwards!

I got 5, six if you count Reilly Smith who was traded to them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Edit: n/m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

9 picks correct. Which is bad since I tried to make a team they would actually pick, for the most part.

I simply did not have the know-how to be able to select people like Bellemare, Sbisa and Engelland.

«3 »