Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
My condoleances, a sad end to such a pretty truck.

Rime posted:

do I really want another 30+ year old 4x4 basket case? :cripes:

Do you really need to ask yourself that question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Sorry man, lovely way for a good truck to go out.

Don't take their first offer!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Use the payout to buy that Eagle.

Honestly, with how lovely this all was, it's a miracle no one was hurt. Woulda been a completely different story if you had been behind the wheel. Hope that idiot loses his license.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Funnily enough I usually park around the other side of the house, was only out front because I had a load of canning jars to bring inside on Friday.

If my truck hadn't been there he would have jumped the curb and wiped out the front of my neighbors house, who are in their 90's, so I really took one for the team here. :stare:

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.

Rime posted:

I guess I could afford an Eagle with what ICBC will pay me, but do I really want another 30+ year old 4x4 basket case? :cripes:

Do it DOOO IT! I still have lots of eagle parts around.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
RIP good truck. gently caress drunk driving assholes, glad no human beings were hurt.

Buy the Eagle.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
One last swan song for this. Spent a month going back and forth with my insurer, which went as follows:

quote:

Them: We'll give you $1900. Also we don't know who is at fault yet so we're holding the $300 deductible until we do.

Me: That's bullshit, try again.

Them: We'll give you $2200, it's very hard to find examples of your vehicle so we're valuating it based on a Ford rangers market value.

Me: My truck is NOT a Ford ranger, the closest example is a Toyota Tacoma. Furthermore. Details the rarity of shitbox 4x4 transmission and such. Sends many craigslist postings worth over $5000.

Them: We'll give you $2400. We can't value it based on a Tacoma, only the exact same vehicle.

Me: You yourself admitted you were valuing it on craigslist postings for Ford Rangers! At this stage it is worth my time to spend $200 taking you to court, which I will win being as I am not at fault in this accident, and you will then have to pay my legal fees as well as your own lawyers, which will cost more than just giving me the fair market value of my truck.

Them: We're issuing you a check for $4332.
Me: loving Finally.

So in the end I turned a $1000 profit on the thing, after tires and repairs are taken into account. Which is way more than I could ever have sold it for, with a dying transmission and dead speedometer. :dance:

:rip: badass green truck!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Rime posted:

One last swan song for this. Spent a month going back and forth with my insurer, which went as follows:

So in the end I turned a $1000 profit on the thing, after tires and repairs are taken into account. Which is way more than I could ever have sold it for, with a dying transmission and dead speedometer. :dance:

:rip: badass green truck!

:catdrugs:
Good deal, shame it ended this way, but a nice score for you.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Nice work not taking the insurance companies poo poo. Sad to see that truck end this way though. gently caress drunks.

Buy that Eagle

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
naw it's time for a warlock, boys

Huggable Bear King posted:

Man this thing is so cool! I wish I had some spare cash lying around, I'd fix all of the little things and straight pipe it.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-dodge-warlock-ii-pick-up/6515075721.html

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy crap, is that a thing that exists?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
That bed design is dope AF but I nope'd out at an automatic. :catstare:

Also roughly 9000km away LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.