Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
From NYC to a southeast Asian country, with a stop in Doha, Qatar. Someone I know thinks it's scary if I fly with them because

1. what about terrorism
2. recent issue with neighboring countries: http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-qatar-explainer-2017-story.html

It turns out I don't actually have a good response besides "no, I haven't heard about any terrorism effecting Qatar Airlines and nothing about the recent Qatar blockade causing trouble for travel", which isn't going to convince them.

So what evidence do I give them that it's safe and not going to be a problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Honestly right now I'd have a nonzero concern about flying through Doha on exactly the wrong day and getting stuck. :v: It wouldn't meaningfully affect my massively international travel plans though.

The terrorism thing is rather on the stupid uninformed-assumptions side, though. There hasn't been a terrorist attack in Qatar in twelve years. The Emirates in general are Pretty Safe as long as you're not a migrant worker.

The real question is, why aren't you flying through Singapore which is better in every possible way, or Japan which is better in most possible ways?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
That's helpful! Thank you!

• Locked thread