Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
i think it's crazy that these university nutjobs try to tell me that global warming is dangerous and that i need to pollute less, when even with their millions of funding dollars, they still don't know what happens to the sun every night, or how it gets back to the other side of the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Time between sunset and sunrise: roughly 11 hours

Width of the earth: 7,917 miles

speed the sun would have to travel to get back to the other side of the sky each night: 719 miles per hour

lol get real scientists

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
they say god isn't really but where does gravity come from??

p. sure it comes from god's butt

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

El Puerco
Well, the Earth is flat like a duscus or a plate and the Sun revolves around it or us. So the sun just falls behind the plate or beneath like a curtain falling in an opera so to speak. The Sun is then occulted by the plate from the viewers perspective making it appear to vanish. There is a flat earth society page .... somewhere.

little munchkin

El Puerco posted:

Well, the Earth is flat like a duscus or a plate and the Sun revolves around it or us. So the sun just falls behind the plate or beneath like a curtain falling in an opera so to speak. The Sun is then occulted by the plate from the viewers perspective making it appear to vanish. There is a flat earth society page .... somewhere.

read the post I made before. for that to work the sun would have to travel 700+ miles per hour. that's simply not possible. cars can't even go that fast

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

El Puerco posted:

This also explains why the ground is warmer at night than it is in the day. It's science, people!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

They Might Be

quote:

The sun is mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace

hmm, wait

quote:

Where hydrogen is built into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees

well almost, but

quote:

Yo ho it's hot, the sun is not a place where we could live
But here on earth there'd be no life without the light it gives

love it, close enough!

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
Scientology is the only science that really gets me but yeah, imagine the sun hauling rear end through the universe like an teen out for a joyride in their parent's sports-wagon. What a bunch of baloney.

science = :downswords:

They Might Be

Sensual Simian posted:

Scientology is the only science that really gets me but yeah, imagine the sun hauling rear end through the universe like an teen out for a joyride in their parent's sports-wagon. What a bunch of baloney.

sorry sir but we're both standing on a rock that's hurtling itself through space at terrifying speeds.

yes, that earth

Slugnoid

ive got it down here in Australia. ill keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't go anywheee

Manifisto

little munchkin posted:

i think it's crazy that these university nutjobs try to tell me that global warming is dangerous and that i need to pollute less, when even with their millions of funding dollars, they still don't know what happens to the sun every night, or how it gets back to the other side of the sky

:rolleyes: oh right, sure, the sun

it's not like there could be, say, a succession of identical but totally distinct suns racing across our skies

wake up, sheeple! :supaburn:

ty nesamdoom!

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

it's not like there could be, say, a succession of identical but totally distinct suns racing across our skies

After all, the turtles have to eat something.

They Might Be

Robot Made of Meat posted:

After all, the turtles have to eat something.

yes, but the things they stand on must eat as well, right??

Robot Made of Meat

They Might Be posted:

yes, but the things they stand on must eat as well, right??

Ummm Yeah! I said that!

They Might Be

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Ummm Yeah! I said that!

hmm, so i'm not sure how far down you're suggesting these turtles go, but i'm glad they're all cared for

Starman Super DX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQaF4YXCXsc
I can't think of anything funny or original so here have this

Tell me more!

They Might Be

https://youtu.be/1pFOctJqhZw

Amante

more importantly: who/what is the moon? WHAT DOES IT WANT

TOOT BOOT

I watched a documentary on the sun one time and it turns out there's a baby in there!

El Puerco

Manifisto posted:

Agreed, however, only if there is no perception of said "suns" otherwise the superposition collapses and there is only one Sun.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Slugnoid posted:

ive got it down here in Australia. ill keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't go anywheee

make sure you tuck it in at night, read it a story or two.

----------------

Slugnoid

sorry too late it got away

cda

by Hand Knit
As soon as science couldn't tell me how grandpa got my nose, I knew it was bullshit

cda

by Hand Knit
Until Science can explain Twin Peaks to me, gently caress off with that poo poo

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The sun is going out, ok? That's where it's going. Why does the sun have to always give an explanation for it's whereabouts? Maybe it just wants to go out with it's friends and talk about it's day, vent a little steam after burning up all day long so YOU could have yourself a DAY. You never think about that though, do you?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Twenty Four

It probably just goes to bed? Give it a rest okay?

little munchkin
scientist: the earths core is so hot that it actually melts rock into molten lava, and these pockest of lava can have pressure put on them by tectonic plates shifting, that's what causes volcanos to erupt. I'm not sure where you got the idea that volcanos are made by angry wizards, since there's no evidence that wizards actually exist

me:

----------------

little munchkin

Twenty Four posted:

It probably just goes to bed? Give it a rest okay?

it definitely sets because it's tired from shining so bright all day, and needs to sleep, but how does it get back to the other side of the sky? there's simply no plausible scientific explanation for it. the idea that the sun can travel that far while sleeping is absurd

----------------

Starman Super DX

Science calls it the tide going in, but our oceans are actually slowly evaporating**. Pretty soon there will be literally no ocean left

**Evaporating- The process of water flowing up and into the moon in order to please the maddening lunar beast sealed within. If it's thirst were to quench, then all hope would be lost.

Tell me more!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Heat rises, right? **takes massive bong rip** alright, so *cough* the sun is all hot and stuff from steeping in the hot lava of the earth all night **smoke's everywhere now** and what happens is it goes up into the sky where it cools off **another even more massive bong rip- smoke is now drifting out of my ears and eyes** so then it cools off, right? **you're high, too from all the second-hand smoke** and it falls, SPLASH! right into the ocean, where it gets drunk with the mermaids and Neptune and that guy from Cheers, what's his name? Cliff! Yeah, so Cliff Clavin's there too and the sun's hangin' out in the earht's lava and it gets heated up and the whole thing starts over again **you're sooo hungry right now and your mouth is dry**

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Twenty Four

Splatmaster posted:

Heat rises, right? **takes massive bong rip** alright, so *cough* the sun is all hot and stuff from steeping in the hot lava of the earth all night **smoke's everywhere now** and what happens is it goes up into the sky where it cools off **another even more massive bong rip- smoke is now drifting out of my ears and eyes** so then it cools off, right? **you're high, too from all the second-hand smoke** and it falls, SPLASH! right into the ocean, where it gets drunk with the mermaids and Neptune and that guy from Cheers, what's his name? Cliff! Yeah, so Cliff Clavin's there too and the sun's hangin' out in the earht's lava and it gets heated up and the whole thing starts over again **you're sooo hungry right now and your mouth is dry**

solid

cda

by Hand Knit
It's not the same sun. A sun is born in the East and dies in the West each day.

Starman Super DX

the the sky and sun are not actually three dimensional objects as we perceive them. They are actually merely flat 2D sprites that are rendered within a skybox

Tell me more!

City of Glompton

cda posted:

It's not the same sun. A sun is born in the East and dies in the West each day.

that's wasteful but I expect nothing less from late stage capitalism

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

that's wasteful but I expect nothing less from late stage capitalism

the real issue here is that all the sun-creation jobs are in the east, weakening our domestic sun-building industry and circumventing the hard-won labor protections we enjoy

ty nesamdoom!

Scaly Haylie

Sensual Simian posted:

how do you think it caught on fire in the first place?

Darkman Fanpage
just gonna chalk this one up to magic, op. now if you'll excuse me i have a margarita to finish.

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
if you translate the word "sun" to mongolian via google translate, you get "nar." "nar" sounds like "car" (english) and also starts with an N like the word "no."

this is indisputable proof that the sun was named by ancient aztecs to mean "no car" telling future people (us) that the sun can travel faster than NO CAR! the weird phrasing is because they didn't speak very good english yet. sun cultists destroyed their civilization before they could get good at it.

who knows the real intention of the sun or how it goes from right to left every day? get woke, folks.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
I'm going to suck the sun's dick and then it will tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
scientists trying to tell me smoking is bad when they can't even explain why my penis smells like shrimp ramen

----------------

• Locked thread