Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/eTPJ1AY.gif:nws:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't know if this one is nsfw or not but I will not risk it
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/NaOeWfZ.jpg:nws:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

I want this on a huge canvas. I would hang it in my living room.
I want the actual guy to pose with that sword upon an altar in your living room, every day.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What do you pay a pasty nerd to hold a katana naked on your altar? Is it a flat rate? Hourly? Tips? Need advice now!
its usually metered out in Totinos Per Hour.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Thats a really hot deal my man, I would jump on that if I was you Person

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I know. But it would be silly of me to accept an offer without seeing a portfolio. Like, what if he's only posed with broadswords? Not what I am looking for, you know?
O-okay!!! I admit it !! I stood to get a half totino kickback on this deal :cry:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I love the pony tail reveal.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

With all these pictures I love the ones that have been lovingly posed for. They think they look so badass but end up looking so dorky and lame, it's adorable. Especially the ones posing with their badass pose and their stern serious grimdark faces getting the photo taken by their mum in the livingroom.

I just wanna pinch their widdle cheeks and give them a cuddle.
Im pretty sure most of these people would cry and run off if you pinched them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fieri is japanese for legendary masterful chef sensei.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I did not know Lemmy was a sushi chef, in addition to being a legendary kenkaku . . .

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gaunab posted:

we speak english 'round these parts amigo
I'm sorry I've just come back from the hispanic world and so some italian slips in once in a while :sweatdrop:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I sent this to my mom & she said this guy must be from Transylgaynia

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

Real talk you can sharpen any lovely blade or knife to be super sharp with enough whetstone uses. I've seen a dude sharpen a lovely 1 dollar knife and cut through poo poo easily.
yeah, lovely steel just deforms and needs to be re-sharpened faster, or is more likely to break on hard impacts (iirc the way katanas are traditionally made is to make the most of lovely steel :shrug:)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

I admire the katana forging process as a workaround to the iron they had to work with. Actually, I think that's way more cool and interesting than pretending it's some mystical generic superior sword making power.
yeah, basically if they had modern steel and equipment the hattori hanzoes of yore would have probably said gently caress this and machined a bunch of better katanas from good alloys

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

myDad posted:

Swords were made either to cut down unarmed peasants or for noblemen dick-waving duels

Spears and hammers/picks are just better at killing soldiers/knights
well they could be used for such in a pinch

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I searched youtube for "practical bastard sword self defense" but nothing came up :(
if you want to defend yourself against a guy with a bastard sword try a gun.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nebelwerfer... we posted the exact ssame image... our menses are syncing up :pray:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nebelwerfer posted:

this mean we have to duel
This isn't highlander, bud... just savor the moment and don't spoil it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

what if you make the armor a perfect sphere with your legs sticking out so you can run around and deflect the bullets

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nebelwerfer posted:

it's like comparing stopping .50AE with encyclopedia from fifteen feet to compared to fifty feet you dum-dum
:wth:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

So why don't they make the whole plane out of it?
because my rear end still smells like rotten meat, even though it's been 24 hours

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meck Pomses posted:

I want to see her butt.
She doesn't have one. Can't you read

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Harry's been foiled again

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

If this is what sword weebs actually looked like I would respect them, whether or not they were actually good at swords.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

LordArgh posted:

don't need to reload a sword :smug:

Where does one body end, and the other begin.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

myDad posted:

Samurai in the streets, ninja in the sheets :grin:
Shes gonna stealth poz your neg hole :ninja:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

well that settles it. all the filipino weebs trying to pretend to be japanese should just throw their katanas in the trash and get themselves some proper barongs like their grandparents always told them to

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

god drat that guy's sword got fat too.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stexils posted:

incel sword: refolded hundreds of times, polished to mirror sheen, snaps like a useless piece of poo poo
chad machete: mass produced by drunk machine operator in third world, effortlessly cuts through 14 bamboo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

according to my grandpa it's important to have a big bolo knife in case a vampire attacks you :black101:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Have Blue posted:

I did pay waaay too much for a nice knife ($200) to my eternal shame. otoh it is a really nice knife
what is it. If you actually use it there's no shame

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Runaktla posted:

Thanks for the thread op, very helpful to learn good katana technique in the event that I accidentally gain 200 lbs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

naem posted:

*frantically purchases sword*
Is the joke that you're going to kill her or that you're going to seppuku yourself?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't know what this is but it's cool.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

whoa. anime is real

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

it's actually some try-hard poo poo but right on man.
I tried hard to poo poo, it came out red. And speaking of red, I never read that article. because it looks like poo poo.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

well geez guys maybe I—er he just didn't want to get coke all over his clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

what's a good sword to defend my home against boglers? I've been bogled several times and the boglers took all my dutty wine and ting.
I heard that a claymore is a good sword for this it look funny but I think it works :confused:

• Locked thread