Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Are there any good alternatives to Imgur?
Yes.
No.
View Results
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

Pillbug

If you know any, post them itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bat mitzvah ROCKED
Mar 13, 2002

Waffleimages

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

Send me all of your personal images and I will take care of them. Make sure they include a photo of your drivers license and credit cards.

Trunko
Sep 17, 2011
UNBANNED
by LOWTAX

Gary’s Answer

Waffleinages op

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

How does it suck exactly? It has an awful community but it works and takes like 3 clicks to use.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

Pillbug

Literally A Person posted:

Send me all of your personal images and I will take care of them. Make sure they include a photo of your drivers license and credit cards.

Sure, buy the plat and you'll get some.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

حزب البعث الاشتراكي
في البنسلفانيا

Lipstick Apathy

TIPS AND TRICKS: Don't make your imgur uploads public and the bronies and whovians won't be able to make weak puns in the comments

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I use https://0x0.st/

It's a good no bullshit filehost, might take a bit of learning if you're not a professional computer toucher.

I wrote something that lets me right click files and choose to host them there, makes it pretty ez

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

How does it suck exactly? It has an awful community but it works and takes like 3 clicks to use.
It's gotten pretty bloated. It was nicer years ago.

exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

'Cause she's so high
      High above me,
       she's so lovely

- Everclear

Doctor Rope

Use imageshack op

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

Pillbug

It doesn't work all the time, and lately it has been even shittier.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

It doesn't work all the time, and lately it has been even shittier.

I don't use it daily or anything but it has never once not worked for me

I definitely find it superior to alternatives goons use like tinypic or photobucket where trying to enlarge it from timg pops up a link or whatever.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

several, OP:

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

Hey, nice av, OP.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

Pillbug

I don't use it daily or anything but it has never once not worked for me

I definitely find it superior to alternatives goons use like tinypic or photobucket where trying to enlarge it from timg pops up a link or whatever.

Yeah, those are even shittier. I don't even see Tinypic images, and if I want to see the url I have to quote the post.

Blockade posted:

I use https://0x0.st/

It's a good no bullshit filehost, might take a bit of learning if you're not a professional computer toucher.

I wrote something that lets me right click files and choose to host them there, makes it pretty ez

I'm not that much of a toucher

B. Birdsworth posted:

several, OP:

lol

Literally A Person posted:

Hey, nice av, OP.

Thanks!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You have failed me for the last time, Colonel Pickering

Ramrod XTreme

There are no alternatives and no one wants to see your bullshit anyhow.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lipstick Apathy

The mobile version of imgur is a huge pain in the rear end. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish with that design.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

There are no alternatives and no one wants to see your bullshit anyhow.

You better listen, this guy sounds serious!

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

rip waffleimages

moose face
Jun 7, 2009

For he goes birling down a-down white water

That's where the log driver learns to step lightly

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The mobile version of imgur is a huge pain in the rear end. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish with that design.

I came here to post this. Ugh its horrible

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Grimey Drawer

kthx

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

It's more about the community than the image hosting now

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You have failed me for the last time, Colonel Pickering

Ramrod XTreme

I didn't even realize there WAS an imgur 'community'.
...why? Actually don't answer that.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

To get you to use the app

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Big Beef City posted:

Come, we have such sights to show you.
/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

thinimg would be good if it supported https, useless bastards

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

the nasty little dude
in the tight board shorts

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...er=3&perpage=40

imgur's opsec is bad!!!! >: (

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I use bb img. Doesn't even want a captcha poo poo is p cash.

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

there was an imgur camp. no I'm not making this up

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Imgur is mostly fine on PC because I can just upload an image and ignore everything else about it. If you go to the website on mobile though it doesn't let you upload without downloading their stupid app, which spams me with random unfunny images and lets weirdos comment on my images.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I use this and it's fine AFAICT https://postimage.io/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Imgur is mostly fine on PC because I can just upload an image and ignore everything else about it. If you go to the website on mobile though it doesn't let you upload without downloading their stupid app, which spams me with random unfunny images and lets weirdos comment on my images.

You can request the desktop site or if you go to imgur.com/upload it will let you do it. Mobile site is poo poo garbage

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SuperSlacker posted:

there was an imgur camp. no I'm not making this up

quote:

I worship Imgur, and so when Socialsavanna launched, a social/meet-up based site inspired by the Imgur community, I hopped on that poo poo real quick.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

drak cornfields of the earht, my dearest moths

On mobile if you click on a pic embedded in a thread it bring you to a mobile page with html gargage instead of the picture itself, this is poo poo

Elukka
Feb 17, 2011

Imgur lets me a) upload images b) link to them directly without any bullshit. Those are the two things I require of an image host, and it does them.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

Elukka posted:

Imgur lets me a) upload images b) link to them directly without any bullshit. Those are the two things I require of an image host, and it does them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Except it only really works on desktop and you have to hover over the image wait and then click the get share links link to actually get the loving link instead of just copying the loving thing from the box on the side like it used to be. They are getting progressively worse

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Survey says...

imageshak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX
Oct 16, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

imgur just figured out that they host all of the memes and then all they had to do was connect the dots so now it has all this weird social media poo poo. it's particularly annoying to use on one's phone and it's only really because they want to force you to use the app which is the centerpiece of this new dumb thing that they're doing.

e: i don't have a solution to your problem tho

«5 »