Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Xile77 posted:

I'm in as LennyCrabs. I'm level 15,so I'm not quite there for tricksters. Is there an easy way to unequip gear? I've needed to go through all sets, equipping the gear so I can use the old gear to upgrade.

The game seems to spit tons of gear at you so I would just use auto-equip and it'll put the best in slot for you.

In as cagehead, only level 13 right now but just started tonight and will likely put some time in on this while I gently caress around at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You two should apply to the guild there are some nice bonuses to being in the guild.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Zotix posted:

You two should apply to the guild there are some nice bonuses to being in the guild.

I would but I believe the level cap is 18.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tricksters is sitting at 17/20 members right now.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Zotix posted:

Tricksters is sitting at 17/20 members right now.

I meant to say that the level requirement to join is level 18 (but it is actually 20). I'm grinding away some more while at work.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
What's the best way to get Adena? That is my biggest drawback right now because everything requires it to level stuff and such. I do all the quests and even farm the Knights in the 2nd dungeon but I am constantly out of Adena.

Also for the Bind Letters quest does anyone know where to find all the letters/numbers?

I got a lot of O,R,E & V from the 2nd elite dungeon from farming the nights. I need 1,2,I,N,A,G,U,T & F though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

cage-free egghead posted:

I meant to say that the level requirement to join is level 18 (but it is actually 20). I'm grinding away some more while at work.
I can lower the restriction and invite you. Check your clan tab.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 2, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'll hit you up, cagehead.

Trastion posted:

What's the best way to get Adena? That is my biggest drawback right now because everything requires it to level stuff and such. I do all the quests and even farm the Knights in the 2nd dungeon but I am constantly out of Adena.

Also for the Bind Letters quest does anyone know where to find all the letters/numbers?

I got a lot of O,R,E & V from the 2nd elite dungeon from farming the nights. I need 1,2,I,N,A,G,U,T & F though.
Adena is a bit of a bottleneck at times, primarily you want to get all the weekly and daily quests finished, the Adena Dungeon is okay but if you don't have a ridiculous CP rating (because,s ay, you're a healer like me) you can only get 20-30k per run on it. If you do all the weekly and dailies as often as possible you ought to also be getting a bunch of progress rewards to claim, which are often 10k adena chests.

Grinding is not a great way to make adena, although once you have a set of A/S gear, you can set the auto-salvage to B ranked and make a few extra grand that way, each time you empty out your inventory.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Trastion posted:

Are you doing scrolls you loot? Those are almost free money. Bind all your C's into B's and B's into A's. I get about 12k per scroll at my level. You can buy 10 a day from the consumable shop for gold, and 10 a day for diamonds. If you buy the ones for gold you lose about 2k once you include the purchase cost then take the reward away. That's kind of like printing XP though.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Zotix posted:

Are you doing scrolls you loot? Those are almost free money. Bind all your C's into B's and B's into A's. I get about 12k per scroll at my level. You can buy 10 a day from the consumable shop for gold, and 10 a day for diamonds. If you buy the ones for gold you lose about 2k once you include the purchase cost then take the reward away. That's kind of like printing XP though.

I haven't been doing the scrolls. I have a bunch built up so I will do those after I get done with other daily stuff. Thanks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Trastion posted:

I haven't been doing the scrolls. I have a bunch built up so I will do those after I get done with other daily stuff. Thanks.

You can do 5 a day. BUT, you can reset those 5 for 50 red gems. You can do that 3x a day. So, in total, you can do 20 scrolls daily for a cost of 150 red gems. This is how people are leveling so fast.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Zotix posted:

You can do 5 a day. BUT, you can reset those 5 for 50 red gems. You can do that 3x a day. So, in total, you can do 20 scrolls daily for a cost of 150 red gems. This is how people are leveling so fast.

Cool, the leveling part isn't really a problem. I have been playing less than 2 weeks now and am at level 40 right now. I just need Adena for EVERYTHING...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

40 for two weeks is a bit low.. With zero to minimal spending you should be 55-69. Adena is a bottleneck and proper managing of it is key.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I haven't been playing much each day. Just letting it idle while at work and then a little at night if I am doing something I can coax it along once in a while.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I removed all the pubbies I'm aware of because we are full enough it didn't look like it'd hurt, and I'd rather remove them early than before they spend time and get used to it and lose their temper. kingslayer was a nice canuck but I pointed him to another clan so he wasn't too miffed, I accepted him assuming he was a goon until he didn't know how to answer the stairs question.

Trastion posted:

I haven't been playing much each day. Just letting it idle while at work and then a little at night if I am doing something I can coax it along once in a while.
Yeah, just try to claim and tap a new quest now and then will get you far quickly, unless you bite off too big of a bossmob and there's nobody around camping it to help. My priority is weeklies, then dailies, then adena dungeon, then scrolls, followed by usually elite dungeons for blood/quests if I have time (if I don't I try to autogrind in elite dungeon overnight), and then I do plot quests if I have time (should prob get to chap 5 to unlock more content though). I don't enjoy extraction dungeons much so I tend to forget to do them or tower of trials, etc. Extraction dungeon plant colors seem to mainly be based on time of day, too. So if you can't find one color easily, try it at a different time the next day helps a lot.

I do stuff like weeklies first because the progress rewards for them seem to usually be the best, if you do every weekly available over a 2 day period you can max the progress bar and get a nice chest or two.

Don't forget to friend people and use the "greet/collect" thing in friendlist and clan list every day, those friendship points add up quick and they can buy stuff in the shop!

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 29, 2017

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Is there any real difference between the 3 weapons you get to choose from in the level 30 reward box? They are just a couple points difference in M Attack from what I can tell.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Riller posted:

Is there any real difference between the 3 weapons you get to choose from in the level 30 reward box? They are just a couple points difference in M Attack from what I can tell.

One does more damage to normal mobs, one to elites, and one to bosses.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
How to obtain letters*
R Defeat the Normal Field Monsters / Elite Dungeon Monsters
E Defeat the Normal Field Monsters / Elite Dungeon Monsters
V Defeat the Normal Field Monsters / Elite Dungeon Monsters
O Defeat the Normal Field Monsters / Elite Dungeon Monsters
L Defeat the Normal Field Monsters / Elite Dungeon Monsters / EXP Dungeon Monsters / Tower of Insolence Boss Monsters
U Defeat the Normal Monsters in Adena Dungeon / Extract the Herbs in Extraction Dungeon / Defeat the Mandragora in Extraction Dungeon
T Defeat the Named Monsters in Elite Dungeon
I Clear the Daily Dungeon
N Extract the Herbs in Extraction Dungeon / Defeat the Mandragora in Extraction Dungeon
A Defeat the Named Boss Monsters in the field
G Defeat the Field Boss Monsters / Defeat the Clan Dungeon Boss Monsters
2 Defeat the Clan Dungeon Boss Monsters / Defeat the Normal / Name Monsters in the Elite Dungeon
1 Defeat the Clan Dungeon Boss Monsters / Defeat the Normal / Named / Boss Field Monsters
F Defeat the Normal Monsters in the Daily Dungeon / Tower of Insolence

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Riller posted:

check out their brand. every weapon has a random ability, sometimes it's +atk or +crit, sometimes it's vampiric or something else that's actually useful for not-rouges. It's random, but I dunno if you cancel a box and re-open it, what you could get (or if you can cancel a box, I think you can though I'm half-sure I did that once)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
In the Adena dungeon is there a trick to avoiding the dragons straight forward special? The one that puts the red lines going forward from him, the circle one I can avoid but the other one hits me every time even if I get out of the red area. It sucks because it knocks you down and stuns you long enough to stop your combo count.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I stopped bothering to dodge them, my mage's attack is slow enough that ti doesn't help my dps total at all even if I successfully dodge most of his hits - I just stand and deliver, and the big circular AOE doesn't do enough damage to btoher dodging, I actually deal LESS dps trying to dodge it, because of the wasted seconds moving and not attacking. The straight-ahead one is a lot harder to dodge though, you basically have to sense it coming.

Also if you get a varnish chest which allows you to choose, I might go so far as to recommend that you always choose accessory varnish. You have way more accessories which need to be upgraded and they tend to drop a lot less frequently than other stuff. Even at low levels you'ev got 3 items in the same equivalent forge-leveling type, competing for every bit of forge exp you can push onto them.. But It just gets worse over time as you start getting into S type accessory drops and realize you've only gotten a handful of C accessories in the alst half a day. :smithicide:

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Requested to join Tricksters. Name is Pebble.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Added

Guild is doing well. Quite a few people in the high 40's/ low 50's, over 100k CP. Keep working guys and soon we can try the t2 guild boss.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 30, 2017

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So I am just leveling myself along while I surf the web on my PC. I'm level 21 but was curious if there were any "group" activities that I could take part in? It is an MMO afterall but I haven't really felt like it is except for elite dungeons. Also, for someone of my level, where is a good place to just go AFK overnight to grind?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Not sure if there is good spot at that lvl. Guide says keep questing!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CipL0MLQrxF07_vNUu73nTyqO2cTfI61hDyL9K1hhH0/edit#gid=0

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Really you don't afk grind for xp, more so for the item drops. The upgrade stones, scrolls, codex entries. Any xp is just icing on the cake. Just grind something that gives xp and doesn't use many potions.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
You shouldn't be using soulshots on regular mobs but if you are don't forget to turn off soulshot when you afk grind. Especially if you are dps. Even more so if you are bladedancer. You will go through over 5k soulshots within 30min.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
In as Luffles. How do clan wars work?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Applied to the guild as MollyRingwald.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Applied as tomrrrrr

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

jabro posted:

Applied to the guild as MollyRingwald.
are you badleroybrown now?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coyo7e posted:

are you badleroybrown now?

Yeah that's my new guy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

jabro posted:

Yeah that's my new guy.
Cool, send me a friend request in-game to coyo7e, you're a dark efl rogue and I'm a high elf one and I'm near your level enough we could help each other over the next couple dozen levels.

The clan has finally been on its legs long enough to give away leadership to Zotix, I'll probably be moving to my archer instead of my healer until/unless it becomes apparent that healers are way more necessary than as a "oh hey I can skip heal pots and complain at someone for wasting gold, now". Also I burned hundreds of k of adena on upgrading gear I wish I'd have known better, about. :blush:

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
I love the monster codex idea. However the fact that every rare spawn in the first 3 zones has someone level 80 and above one shotting them as the spawn is frustrating.

Does anyone know what the drop rate of loot boxes and other crap from the various 4 hour rare spawns is? I've killed two and received nothing so far from them.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Pinball Jizzard posted:

I love the monster codex idea. However the fact that every rare spawn in the first 3 zones has someone level 80 and above one shotting them as the spawn is frustrating.

Does anyone know what the drop rate of loot boxes and other crap from the various 4 hour rare spawns is? I've killed two and received nothing so far from them.

Everyone that participates and deals damage gets a core, but I think you need to be in the party that deals the most damage in order to get the loot box and scrolls.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Quick question: does upgrading an item with upgrade stones (S to R in this case) reset its level or substats? I know it doesn't reset enhancement but not sure about the other things.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm pretty sure that any time a letter shifts, it goes to level 1. Enhancement and substats stay the same though I think.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Quick question: does upgrading an item with upgrade stones (S to R in this case) reset its level or substats? I know it doesn't reset enhancement but not sure about the other things.

It resets the level. Also, you should not use upgrade stones on anything that isn't rare(purple background).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Zotix posted:

It resets the level. Also, you should not use upgrade stones on anything that isn't rare(purple background).

Yeah, I lucked out and got a rare staff from a combine, but I assume once I upgrade it to R it will temporarily be worse than my S non-rare level 30 staff, so I need to hang onto that one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, I lucked out and got a rare staff from a combine, but I assume once I upgrade it to R it will temporarily be worse than my S non-rare level 30 staff, so I need to hang onto that one as well.

I don't think so. it'll be really close, but the R will have a second random modifier so it might actually be better right away.

I know when I upgrade equipment, at S level 30, it gains power going to R level 1.

• Locked thread