Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For those people that are re-rolling endlessly to get an SR weapon, you get an R weapon for free after a week from the login event. So, like, don't spend forever on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm 42 or so on another server but I'd happily reroll to be in a Goon guild. Strange people are preferable to strangers. Any classes we need? I've tried a couple classes but still don't feel hooked on any one. Thinking pally of some kind or healer since my elf chick healer plays pretty well.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Vulpes posted:

For those people that are re-rolling endlessly to get an SR weapon, you get an R weapon for free after a week from the login event. So, like, don't spend forever on it.

This. You'll enjoy the game much more playing with a group of goons and having an R weapon to start, than trying to find a good pubbie group on a random server because you rolled an SR weapon there. You're not going to make it to the top of the PvP arena or the top 10 clans because those are filled with people who have dropped serious money on gatcha crates and are decked out in full rare SR-gear. Just chill out and play with goons.

Inimicul posted:

I'm 42 or so on another server but I'd happily reroll to be in a Goon guild. Strange people are preferable to strangers. Any classes we need? I've tried a couple classes but still don't feel hooked on any one. Thinking pally of some kind or healer since my elf chick healer plays pretty well.

Absolutely - hop over the Gian 01! If Banhammer is full, just send myself or PleaseBeCareful a PM in-game and we'll make some room. We currently have a couple healers (although Valicious doesn't seem to like it very much so he may change), but I don't think we have any tanks. Honestly though, just play whatever you enjoy and re-roll if you don't like the class. Clan/Castle raids aren't in yet so we don't really "need" any specific classes, and if you're going to play something you don't enjoy just to try to help the clan, then you'll probably just stop playing all together and that doesn't help anyone. :shrug:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
The guide I'm reading on reddit says to get a weapon to SR as fast as possible regardless of whether it's rare. Is this generally good advice, and what is the ideal fodder to get things to lvl 30 for upgrades/combines, varnishes or just junk equipment?

quote:

Absolutely - hop over the Gian 01! If Banhammer is full, just send myself or PleaseBeCareful a PM in-game and we'll make some room.
How does one pm in game? I sent a friend request to both since the guild is full, but I can't figure out any form of pming

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 28, 2017

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I started out playing on an iPad Air 2 and being amazed at how godawful the lag was, even at the lowest graphic resolution, any time other players were on screen. However, today I tried playing it on my work phone and was blown away by how silky-smooth it was. So for those of you with under-powered devices... it isn't the game's fault.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
^^^

I second this. I tried running an alt on my ipad with effects turned off, graphics set to minimum and the inventory window open. The lag was intense and the crashes were frequent. Sometimes having to restart 2-3 times to finish a quest. I don't know why I expected it to run better than my phone. Every other game I like has similar issues on that platform.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

gwrtheyrn posted:

The guide I'm reading on reddit says to get a weapon to SR as fast as possible regardless of whether it's rare. Is this generally good advice, and what is the ideal fodder to get things to lvl 30 for upgrades/combines, varnishes or just junk equipment?

How does one pm in game? I sent a friend request to both since the guild is full, but I can't figure out any form of pming

I'm no expert on gear and I have never gotten a rare version of anything from a gatcha crate or loot. I've basically been doing what that reddit guide likely says, and just taking the best gear I have, throwing all the junk equipment into it in order to level it up, and then using upgrade stones to move it's grade up to SR as quickly as I can. Whether this is the optimal way to play or not, I really don't know or care.

Unfortunately there are a few systems in this game that it doesn't really teach you how to use fully and one of those is the chat system. You can open the full chat menu by clicking on the actual chat box itself (Note: be aware that you can accidentally click on a message that says "Join Party" or "Info" on a clan recruitment message and that will not open the chat menu). This will bring up a chat log that you can scroll through, as well as list all the open chat channels available. The private messages in this game are listed as 1:1 and you can either PM someone from that chat menu, or by opening their profile on your friends list and then hitting the 1:1 button.

Also, I apparently don't have the ability to kick people from the clan, but I sent a PM to Phayray (ign: PleaseBeCareful) and we'll get you a spot.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
From what i read on reddit, a rare lvl 30 weapons has the stats of a lvl 34 non-rare equivalent weapon. Currently we don't have high content where it would matter, but once you are in the grind for level 200+, you don't have that many ways to up your gear, so every little bit helps. The overall consensus seem to be that you don't need it for now and it might take a very long time until your get lucky, so don't worry about now.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm not sure what the odds are but I stumbled my way into 2 rare pieces of armor just from normally combining B and up in order to level my gear. I was mad at the time because it didn't match my gear set and threw off my plans. It also seemed to be more PVP focused when I was looking at the set bonuses.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I'm just throwing all my B and Cs into my equipped items, then saving my As for combining in hopes for rares. I might start combing Bs and Cs once all my gear is lvl 30 and I have no upgrade stones. I'm playing Elder, and I lucked into a full Majesty set minus the helm. I'm also getting lucky on accessories and going for a moonstone set. A ring, A necklace, C earrings that I need to upgrade.
Is it right to just use my enhance scrolls now? I got my S Demon's Staff to +8, and my Majesty body to +8. My moonstone ring is only like +3 though.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently you can make a macro to sell c grade stuff. Is this a thing people do, and is it worth doing?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Apparently you can make a macro to sell c grade stuff. Is this a thing people do, and is it worth doing?

I think I might do this. Adena has been a real bottleneck for me as I like to throw Cs into my gear. Not picking up C drops also doesn't progress the garbageman achievement so this looks like a win win

Also: Edit

Inimicul posted:

I'm not sure what the odds are but I stumbled my way into 2 rare pieces of armor just from normally combining B and up in order to level my gear. I was mad at the time because it didn't match my gear set and threw off my plans. It also seemed to be more PVP focused when I was looking at the set bonuses.

3rd item in a row that combines into blue wolf instead of Nightmare. Maybe a bug. I don't expect any rares if this keeps up.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Phayray posted:

Good choice on both fronts. R gear is nice but being in an active clan will be better in the long run, there are a lot of benefits.

I'm also playing an Elder and it's great, I'm very hard to kill and end up just facetanking stuff. I also save Inkel a ton of hp pots when we afk farm!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yes, C gear has the worst exp/cost ratios by a lot. You really should only use them for getting your accessories levels and only if you can’t get enough b rank stuff to level with.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

ldragon posted:

Yes, C gear has the worst exp/cost ratios by a lot. You really should only use them for getting your accessories levels and only if you can’t get enough b rank stuff to level with.

Well I meant in lieu of just not picking up c gear and whether it's something you're allowed to do. I'm reading that C-gear is the same efficiency as any other gear you just need to feed a lot more

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Is there a point where gold becomes scarce? My level 52 account keeps slowly accumulating it, even with max clan donating.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Is there a point where gold becomes scarce? My level 52 account keeps slowly accumulating it, even with max clan donating.

Around level 60 I started to bleed gold. It gets expensive to upgrade Rs and SRs, and the mobs get stronger and require more potions more often. I was keeping my armor at maxed S to save gold, since I plan on swapping everything for Rares, but I have had zero A+A combining luck so far. So I gave up on waiting because I was getting squishier and I was falling behind on recommended CP. It's only about ~8% more CP at the same level versus Normal gear so I don't think it's worth gimping yourself while you wait.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ditch posted:

Yeah, once you start seriously working on leveling R grade and higher equipment, it starts getting pretty expensive. I dropped probably 300k this morning getting the last 10ish levels on my staff and upgrading it to SR.

Once you've got a set of SR/R/S stuff you'll want to start feeding all the B/C gear you find into As to try for rares, which adds up as well.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

Around level 60 I started to bleed gold. It gets expensive to upgrade Rs and SRs, and the mobs get stronger and require more potions more often. I was keeping my armor at maxed S to save gold, since I plan on swapping everything for Rares, but I have had zero A+A combining luck so far. So I gave up on waiting because I was getting squishier and I was falling behind on recommended CP. It's only about ~8% more CP at the same level versus Normal gear so I don't think it's worth gimping yourself while you wait.

I've seen recommendations of getting R armor and SR weapon before going hard on combines, not sure how good of advice that is though

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Is it common to be under leveled while questing? I am going through the main quest line as a bladedancer and am lvl 35. However the next quest is for lvl 38. I do the dailies (dungeons, quests, etc), use the xp potions, optimize HOT times but feel as though I am not leveling as fast as I could be. I have not used any sub quest scrolls and wondering if those will help me much.

Side question, will they be adding more classes or following the awakening path from L2? Would like to play a Prophet or Shillien Elder.

Thanks!

e1: Just found out you can be a SE but its not like the one in L2. Seems that a pure buff class is not in revolutions. Might roll a bishop or sage or SE (passive vampiric touch) with a new character to lvl together. Dual window mode just like the old days.

e1.1: Re-read op and see I need to be using sub quest scrolls.

Fixit fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 29, 2017

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I just posted in the Android thread, didn't realize there was a thread for this game.

I just experienced a single whale holding 40+ people back from completing the extraction pit. This guy was at nearly 400k CP and was just obliterating anything that got near him. He was buying the chaos boosters as he did this to stay positive. This guy was like full rare SR+11 gear, with the majority of it limitbreaked past level 30.

This game is on par with Fire Age and poo poo with how pay to win it is. I guess I'm just gonna duck out now because the castle sieges sounded fun but it's gonna boil down to who has more whales. Dunno why I expected anything else from a Korean phone MMO though. At least in Black Desert my power level comes from my own ability to poopsock!

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Korea just got second class transfer announced, so we will get it eventually. Google translate of announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV0t9b7_Grw

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I have an R weapon and all my armor is S. I'm thinking I'll get my weapon to lvl 3 and all armor to 30, then I'll start doing A+A combines for rares. I have a full armor set except helm, and 3 of my accessories are moonstone. I hope I'm off to a pretty good start as elder.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
The general thinking is that you should get your first weapon to SR even though it's not rare because you'll farm/level/grow so much quicker.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I think I'll roll on the goon server. I didn't even think about goons and was just randomly joining a server, which I have a level 52 toon there.

I tried doing a "reset" on the Giran 1 server, but all it ever did was me losing all my gems/S equipment from the start. Oh well!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

The advice I've heard is to get your weapon to SR and armor to R and feed non-rare combines to them

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Well drat, I'm late to the party on this.

I'm the current leader of Tricksters (the old goon clan) on Giran. I play on Bluestacks and recently got back into this. From the latest update, it looks like the all the server branches (e.g. Giran 01, Giran 02, etc. ) have just been consolidated into the just the names themselves (Giran). I bring this up because the clan has lots of openings, but I cannot find anyone's name that mentioned they were on the Giran server from the forum posts. Tricksters is a level 8 clan, that currently has no active members. If anyone wants to, I am willing to turn over leadership of this clan to another goon.

IGN: CesiumSA. Character is level 125 Elf Elder.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Deliciouscesium posted:

Well drat, I'm late to the party on this.

I'm the current leader of Tricksters (the old goon clan) on Giran. I play on Bluestacks and recently got back into this. From the latest update, it looks like the all the server branches (e.g. Giran 01, Giran 02, etc. ) have just been consolidated into the just the names themselves (Giran). I bring this up because the clan has lots of openings, but I cannot find anyone's name that mentioned they were on the Giran server from the forum posts. Tricksters is a level 8 clan, that currently has no active members. If anyone wants to, I am willing to turn over leadership of this clan to another goon.

IGN: CesiumSA. Character is level 125 Elf Elder.

Are you playing SEA or the new servers?

In other news, does bluestacks cause BSODS for anyone else? I never had a problem with BSODs before starting to run bluestacks for this game, but now I've gotten 3 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsods in a day. I just reset my ram to base speed which is gross and am installing nox to see if it gets any better

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Trip report: Went to bed in Ruins 2 farming the skeletons near Felix. Went in level 31.67 and with 456k adena. Woke up level 32.32 and 502k gold. I'm sure it would have been more but some time during the night the game closed out of the inventory screen so my macro was clicking on nothing after that. The tweaking continues.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Do we have a goon guild on Giran2? My current guild seems to be all portuguese, and I'd rather not reroll somewhere because my first 10+1 box from the free diamonds gave me rare R-rank dual swords, and the later that day, my free high grade box gave me a rare R-rank chest piece.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Trip report: Went to bed in Ruins 2 farming the skeletons near Felix. Went in level 31.67 and with 456k adena. Woke up level 32.32 and 502k gold. I'm sure it would have been more but some time during the night the game closed out of the inventory screen so my macro was clicking on nothing after that. The tweaking continues.

Mine somehow ended up on the google play store page for alchemists code. I might look around to see what other people are doing for theirs.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Are you guys doing the macros with bluestacks or nox?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

lexxyth posted:

I'm using nox right now to see if it doesn't bluescreen my computer

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

lexxyth posted:

Bluestacks running maximized but not full screen. I like being able to right click on my AHK script to kill it manually since I don't know how to code a toggle that works despite sleep state.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

The advice I've heard is to get your weapon to SR and armor to R and feed non-rare combines to them

All my armor is lvl 30 S and my weapon is lvl 10 R. I got a ways to go then before I start worrying about rares! I'll just finish up this A+A weapon combine since it's just about done..

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Valicious posted:

All my armor is lvl 30 S and my weapon is lvl 10 R. I got a ways to go then before I start worrying about rares! I'll just finish up this A+A weapon combine since it's just about done..

If you feel like your gear is above your level enough, you can probably do A+As and feed the non-rare s to your current gear. Definitely don't feed the S into more A+As unless you're SR/R already. I'm only full s right now, and I already had a lvl 30 A from before the siege S box, so I'm doing a single A combine before building up to an S combine. Probably will upgrade stone to SR

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
So where are we playing? I made my dude on Giran2 because the OP said something about it but apparently it is out of date.

What the gently caress?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Sdoots posted:

So where are we playing? I made my dude on Giran2 because the OP said something about it but apparently it is out of date.

What the gently caress?

Yeah sorry about that - I've tried to reach out to the OP for an update but never get a response.

Most all of the goons are on Giran 01 and our clan is called Banhammer. You can send a 1:1 message in game to PleaseBeCareful or inkel and we'll get you in.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Okay, I'll run through the opening act again on Giran1 next time I have a moment. Thanks.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How viable is it to go ftp in this game? Lineage 2 was probably one of the first videogames I've ever played and seeing this is like a nostalgia sucker punch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm 100% F2P and loving it. I get the impression that most players are too. Fairly typical for a F2P game.

Also, last night I learned that Bluestacks is fantastic at getting me dungeon xp and money overnight (and burning through all my HOT time, dammit) but if I need to stand at a Silverbeard spawn picking my nose for 4 hour stretches, it boots me for inactivity. drat. Still managed to get one core though, so... win? Maybe I should write another macro that just does the Charge! animation over and over again as a nosleep.

Side note: The elf is the only character with boobs and they went so far as to animate them to violently jiggle when you do the Charge! emote. Try it while facing 10 o'clock for best effect. Why, Unreal4, why?

• Locked thread