Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I looked all over for a thread about video recording devices, but I must have missed it because I'm making a new thread.

I'm looking to buy a video recording device that is small, light, has a variety of mounting options, and is very rugged. I want to record a variety of bike tricks and there is a 100% chance that this camera will be thrown onto the concrete almost every session. I'm a huge video noob and I don't need anything fancy like 4k, high fps, wifi, app connectivity etc. I want to basically be able to set a few small options and go.

A few features that would be nice:

1) A screen so I can preview footage in the field without bringing a laptop, but this is negotiable for the sake of durability.
2) Changable FOV ; If I'm using a tripod I have a problem that I'm riding past the tripod and its hard to fit everything into a scene
3) variety of mount options ; tripod and bike tube are two main ones, and I'll be buying a tripod as part of this.

I was looking at go-pros but I'm not sure that picking based on brand recognition is the way to go, they have a million models, and they are apparently making 90% of their money through accessory sales which increases the complexity of buying what I need on amazon in 1 go.

Let me know what you think and thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm going to give this thread 1 bump and if it falls off the front page again I'm just going to buy the most expensive one on the theory that it's also the best.

• Locked thread