Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

It's a fun ride, but not perfect, and some things need to be viewed with the time in mind - Arseface being changed does not bother me, because his whole deal in the comics is tied with current events and his whole arc is about fame and how we exploit those we propel into fame. It was cool, but would be weird in the television series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Data Graham posted:

It also always felt super weird when he started talking all erudite like when he went off on his vigilante superhero/villain spree ("thereby hangs a tale"). Like he became a whole different person post-shotgun. He was just some depressed teenager beforehand.

Know what it reminded me of (or really what reminded me of it): Anakin -> Darth Vader

I didn't even remember it until you mentioned it, but it was a really weak moment in the comic. I would say the show could do the whole "you killed my Dad, you're the villain of my story - and you ruined my life with an off hand comment, ruined my life again" thing better but now it won't match up.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

After watching the other show, I've realized there are two things I really like about Preacher.

First is that it's the real world where everything is two notches more hosed up than reality, and second is that the most efficient way to send an actor to heaven is to shoot him in the chest.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Needs more Assface

I need to feel bad for Hitler more.

• Locked thread