Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This show just oozes style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought the whole point was that god bailed cause he was afraid of genesis. If it works on god, surely it'll work on hell's assassin tough killer man right? The end was just a dream?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
In the strip/jazz club, a bunch of guys are watching the TV and it says something about the entire town being lost, and Tulip says "What town?" but is pulled away and doesn't get an answer. I don't think they know about it yet.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

MiddleOne posted:

what the gently caress

!!!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I remember being slightly annoyed at how confused I was for the first few episodes, and how not a ton of stuff seemed to happen, but every scene was so good and weird that it was worth continuing to watch, even if I could figure out how they were related at first. The show does a good job of putting it all together later though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Hell shut down because the devil left and went to LA.

Make this cross over happen dammit!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The fact the hell's punishments are basically the same in Preacher and Lucifer brings us that much closer to the crossover of my dreams.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm enjoying the hell out of the show, but I don't get the reverence for the comic. I've never read it, but every time someone talks about the differences or just the comic in general, it sounds incredibly dumb.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is starting to get repetitive. Go to new place, has adventures with new people, SoK comes in and kills everyone, move on.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I guess I'm just tired of every episode ending with 'then they died'.

I'm sure it's ridiculous since the world has already been established as being so unrealistic, but the fact that a slow moving steady wave of death has been traveling through the country and no one seems to notice or care is taking me out of the story. The dude murdered like 20 cops all at once, that poo poo would be on CNN like 28 hours a day for weeks, not to mention however many other people he's killed. I loved when the voice killed Tom Cruise and there were little news snippets throughout the season about it. Maybe it's better in the comics, but there's really nothing in his backstory that explains why he's so exceptional. Yeah, he got screwed over trying to help people, and he went on a revenge rampage and that sucks. I wonder how many people in hell fit that description? His :emo: rage and suffering :emo: is so great that it broke hell and can't be contained is some 3edgy5me linkin park poo poo. It wasn't that big of a deal when he wasn't the conclusion to every episode and every character.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of the show, and all in all it's a much smaller complaint than it sounds like.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not NASA. SpaceX. He wouldn't need oxygen or life support, just a rocket strong enough to get him to Mars and crash land him into it. Pretty sure Elon Musk would play himself.

I am kind of perplexed about why the SoK's bullet stopped in the yogurt, though. Best I can guess is that the bullets keep going until they hit something organic/living that they can kill, hence the yogurt's boiling, killing off all the bacteria inside.

:aaaaa:

I just thought it stopped there. It was weird that something so soft would finally bring it to a stop.

That wouldn't really work though, because in the first episode one of his bullets was stopped by the car frame. Maybe he was aiming for the car?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I can see the Grail not caring out the recruits who lost, they're losers anyways. The fighting dude killed or at least maimed several himself.

What I don't understand is how things work in the Grail now. Is Starr in charge? It seemed like he got his way up to second command and then pushed the leader off the balcony, but then he's out in the field, checking in and receiving orders from someone else.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I knew he was gonna shoot the other guy at the end, but I was kind of expecting more than that. Like maybe 5 rounds in the bullseye then finish him off, or 5 rounds in the other guys target going right through the hole he made without making it bigger. I guess that kind of inefficiency is beneath Starr when his goals can be accomplished with one round.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Eugene and Adolf Escapist Shenanigans is a spinoff I would watch.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Didn't he say like 2 words in English? It's like your average English speaker knows tres magnific or something, doesn't mean they understand French.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
She was fine in Agents of Shield, but awkwardly miscast in the warcraft movie. Of course so was everyone else. Especially the writers.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What exactly is her trauma, I was never clear on that. Does the saint have magical powers that make you feel bad if he touches you?

As someone who has killed several people and fights and steals for a living you'd think Tulip wouldn't be this upset by someone attacking her and failing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Sentinel Red posted:

Huh, no way, you're the first I've seen frame it like that. Tulip in the comic was the moral centre of the group, who call the others out on their bullshit when necessary (so a lot) and the only one actually capable of taking care of poo poo when Jesse's out of his mind on acid and Cass was busy being his useless gently caress up self.

The weird thing with the show is the way they've made Cass the moral centre and turned Tulip into a miserable, boring nothing character after the amazing introduction for her in the pilot. Negga can be great but you've got to give her something to work with and this poo poo is just terrible.

I only know what I've seen in this thread, but I've seen comic Tulip described more than once as just a girlfriend character for Jesse who's single defining trait is that she can use a gun. Or something to that effect.

I like Ruth Negga, and I don't mind Tulip in general, but the last few episodes she's been pretty terrible.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Alternate Hitler theory: religious dogma and hierarchies are generally based on infallibility, so Eugene being in Hell is evidence that *both* houses don't have their poo poo in order. Hitler said he "used to have the run of the place," which would put him in a good position to know Hell's "law" and potentially mount a challenge against Lucifer/Satan.

Hitler's trying to become the new Devil, and Eugene's his key.

It's been a really long time, but didn't that happen in the south park movie?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Regardless of the Saint, something is wrong with Jesse, he's faltered trying to use the voice twice now. First in the previous episode telling the grail folks to let him out. Maybe because he only has 99% of a soul now?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I was really expecting that car to kill Hitler. That would have been loving hilarious. Oh no, Hitler is free in modern America! Oh... never mind.

Fake edit: I can't remember has this been renewed yet? I don't remember an announcement.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Accretionist posted:

Are we sure Tulip wasn't stabbed??

I don't know why you would think that. Someone fired a gun at her, and then Jesse comments that 'it' went clean through after checking her back. Maybe the knife went clean through but I doubt it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There were lots of hints he was consistently killing women. Plus that conversation about Tulip "If you want her, just take her, that's what we do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Diabetic posted:

Cassidy and Jesse's relationship at the end

Cassidy and Jesse's "relationship" I felt has always been the weakest part of the show. I roll my eyes whenever he goes on about how they're best mates. Cassidy literally met them what, a few weeks ago? He moved into Jesse's house/church without permission when Jesse was incapacitated, and has just kinda been hanging around since. Everyone just accepts him like they've known him their whole lives.

• Locked thread