Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God Saint Of Killers is so badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of funny how nobody is using their real accent for the show. Giigun and Cooper are English, while Ruth Negga is Irish.
I also like how Tulip and Jesse are wearing sunglasses constantly while Cassidy isn't

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It was a fun comic, I didn't think it would translate all that well into a TV show though but I love how they've adapted the spirit of the story and then run with entirely their own thing, just using the comic as a guideline rather than a slavish 1:1 recreation.
Plus a lot of it was a product of its time like iirc Eugene in the comics shot himself because of his friend and Kurt Cobain committing suicide

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That higher up from the Guild looked really familiar, wasn't he in the Austin Power's movies

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: They have to use duct tape as toilet paper in hell

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Labes for days posted:

The Tulip stuff was pretty dumb and I was hoping she'd catch on but eh. Starr is still great.

The best thing about this episode was definitely all the whining on social media. Showing Jesus getting laid? BLASPHEMOUS!!! DELETING ALL THE EPISODES AND NEVER WATCHING THIS SACRILEGE AGAIN!!!

Seriously, what show were these people watching?
Man its been a good year for weird/blasphemous Jesus on TV, between this and American Gods

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Agents of SHIELD unfortunately suffers from the Network curse of stretching about 8-12 episodes worth of story over 22+ episodes per season. It dilutes whatever quality is there in the first place.
Well at least they learned last season that to solve that problem you break your 22 episode season into self contained arc chunks that flow into each other.

Also as a fan of AOS I would say Negga's character isn't that good and her acting is on par with her acting as Tulip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: Tom Brady causing Eugene's lie detector to go off

• Locked thread