Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
I'm on episode 9 of season 1 and really liking it but I'm lost with the whole cowboy back in time story, I can't tell what's supposed to be going on with the flashbacks and I don't know if it's because I'm an idiot or if it's not supposed to be something that makes sense yet? Maybe because I'm not American and don't know American Western history or something?

From what I'm thinking the cowboy's wife and daughter (or son?) is sick and needs medicine, wife sends him to Ratwater to get the medicine, on the trip to the town he meets a pioneer family that seems nice, while he's in Ratwaer he gets spotted as being a civil war soldier known for killing a bunch of people, he leaves the town and on the way back the nice family turned out to be murderers who hung a bunch of natives from a tree? He goes back to the town for...something? Something about a boy watching a woman get raped? Then gets beaten up and his horse shot so by the time he gets home his family is dead? Then goes back and murders everybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ratwater is a lawless shithole, but he keeps to himself because his family needs the medicine. On the way home he sees the pioneer family entering Ratwater and goes after them because he knows they're not gonna last five minutes. They gently caress him up, he arrives at home too late to save his family, and he takes revenge on the entire town. Can't remember how the hanging natives enter into it but I think the idea is that that's what counts for Saturday night entertainment in Ratwater.

But when he's passing by the family on the way back their wagon has blood all over it and when he gets back to Ratwater to...save them(?) the little boy is handing over a bunch of scalps for money or something. poo poo is confusing.

• Locked thread