Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Preacher shot off my dick. Hell of a shot. Million to one."

I loved season one, can't wait for the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I forgot how much I dug this show. The scene of them singing Come On Eileen after talking poo poo about it was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cassidy cheering up Fiore was fantastic.

Fiore.... :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eugene :ohdear:

At least he's got his buddy Hitler for company now!

With all the doors opening, I'm wondering if Hell has been abandoned or this is something that just happens regularly where everybody is let out and given the briefest of breaks from their eternal torment just to make it all the worse when they realize they have to go back to it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving Frankie Muniz :xd:

Loved the hell stuff, especially the poor caveman who still after all this time apparently doesn't grasp the concept of the fire on television not being real :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Krowley posted:

I've always thought the way Hell was portrayed in the Bill & Ted sequel was really cool, and this is basically like that, down to the gray hallways!

Please let Eugene scream,"CHOOSE YOUR OWN YOU FAG!" at Satan at some point this season :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Really for all the build up he gets early on he barely makes an appearance in the comics. IIRC after his father dies he blames Jesse and swears revenge but nothing really comes of it and then he joins a band for a while, retires and settles down with a woman who only has one eye.

I really dug the scene in the comic where he confronts Jesse and they're doing the typical "let's laugh at the guy with an rear end in a top hat for a face" thing and then he begins sobbing about how Jesse killed his dad, and they all realize that this is a loving person with thoughts and feelings and not just a comedy prop joke, and that they're huge assholes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was a fun comic, I didn't think it would translate all that well into a TV show though but I love how they've adapted the spirit of the story and then run with entirely their own thing, just using the comic as a guideline rather than a slavish 1:1 recreation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mallratcal posted:

He wasn't even killing Odin's men. Just shooting their dicks off.

....million to one.... preacher's a hell of a shot......

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I certainly can't see how pissing off the Saint of Killers could possibly backfire, so it's smooth sailing from here!

:ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like they've nailed Herr Starr, which is great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tiggum posted:

I wouldn't expect him to be able to do any of that. Other than "go to hell", every command has been something the person has to try to do but not necessarily something they can achieve. Like, if he tells you to flap your arms and fly, you'll try, but you'll fail. If he tells you to go to Mars, you'll attempt it but only in whatever way makes sense to you.

This reminds me of one of my favorite bits from season one. He uses the Word to tell Cassidy to "sing me some Johnny cash", so Cassidy - who doesn't know any Johnny Cash songs - sings,"♪ Me some Johnny Cash! ♪" :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Great episode. My guess is this is only temporary because the Saint is locked in there with all the gear - including the soul extractor.

Dude wasn't particularly sure what a television is, I'm fairly certain, so I'll find it pretty hilarious if he figures out how to use the soul extractor on himself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They absolutely nailed Starr. I was sold when he broke the guy's combat hold on him and beat him up, but seeing him in the background walking off, getting a bar, coming back and beating in the guy's head with it was absolutely pitch-perfect Herr Starr. I am so happy with how they handled him :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love that the one dude who made it all the way to the end was super-earnest and just tried his best. He's the kind of guy who would burn out/get taken out within a few weeks if he'd won because he was just too sincere for his own good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Labes for days posted:

Eugene's "super Hell" tho.

"I told you I'd come for you, Eugene!" absolutely cracked me up :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Ill have to check out Agents of Shield shes super watchable and I want to like her

Agents of SHIELD unfortunately suffers from the Network curse of stretching about 8-12 episodes worth of story over 22+ episodes per season. It dilutes whatever quality is there in the first place.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looking forward to when they realize God was shown as a guy in a dog suit that people paid to jack off on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was fun but it felt like the season never really got started. The antagonists for both halves of the season were good (Starr is amazing) but overall the whole thing meandered and spending almost all of it in New Orleans felt like a waste. It felt like a season spinning its wheels, they better not spend 6-7 episodes next season in Angelville.

Cassidy killing Dennis came as a pretty big shock - not that I didn't expect it to happen, but I didn't expect it to happen the way it did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Adolph is gonna have some words with white supremacists next season... I hope.

Klansman: You guys notice that ALL Adolph ever talks about is how much he hates black people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mallratcal posted:

Little moments like that make this show more enjoyable.

His little,"Oh shiiiit" moment when he found out Eugene's mouth was destroyed before coming to Hell was great.

• Locked thread