Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Are you where you wanted to be at in life? When you look at your friends and peers, do you believe you've kept up or surpassed them? Do you drink and take drugs to run away from your failures and escape the depression and monotony of your life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yes, who cares, no

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Good talk

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i am an attractive millionaire

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have done well by myself but I am still constantly trying to improve

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Closer to death everyday, so yes OP

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wish I was dying in a gutter where I belong instead of in a soft warm bed. :smith:

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
i've had a few bumps recently so i created a SA account and when things got worse became a more active poster.

most of the stuff has been out of my control and i think im only a few years off track, im optimistic that things won't get much worse. and no drugs. :shobon:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Journey is more important than destination.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I have a home, I live alone. Pretty much what I expected as a teen, except I'm doing physical labor as opposed to data entry.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Journey is more important than destination.

That game sucked??

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
work hard, don't do drugs, and never loving trust management, that's the secret to success

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
Still haven't put enough away to drink whiskey till the day I die. Otherwise, sure. I'm fine.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm alone. I have crippling anxiety and depression. My job sucks and I'm starting to think I have early on-set dementia.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Well i do drink to avoid my feelings sometimes. i got a new job so thats nice. idk honestly i try not to compare myself to other people. we all want different things from life and already have had different experiences cultivating us as individuals. I would like more penis tho.

I guess im just trucking and trying to not become overwhelmingly depressed and kill myself. so uhh would wake up again?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I own 36 frozen fully cooked spring rolls and have a pretty decent outlet for my hate of Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I'm doing alright by any standard.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I am completing a master's degree and within one year I will have a new and better job. After that I will get a dog and grow weed plants as a hobby.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I'm not a Syrian refugee, so life is fine.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I suppose I'm not where I might have expected a decade ago, which is a grave. I don't have any trouble paying my bills and I've stopped injecting drugs in myself on a daily basis. I'm fairly happy about that, I've seen a lot of improvement recently in my personal life as a result. I'm happy with where I'm at and the progress I'm making in improving my lot in life but I want a better standard of living. It wasn't so long ago that I had a junkies problems so the things I deal with now don't seem so bad. Things like stress at work, relationships not working out, and so on don't seem so dire in comparison.

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
I own my home with a nice fenced in yard for the dogs and have a fun job that pays well so I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I just wish I could have stayed 20 forever, because watching my friends disappear one by one as they start a family, have kids and end up miserable is pretty depressing.

No drugs of any kind, only drink a beer or two to not seem weird at parties. I hate the feeling of not being in control of my own mind and body and have no idea why some people enjoy it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
you and everyone you love will die and be forgotten by all humanity

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hell, same

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

Hell, same

gently caress you ! I vow to live one second longer than you, if only to spit on your grave! Bitch!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gently caress you ! I vow to live one second longer than you, if only to spit on your grave! Bitch!

I'm sorry. By "hell, same" I didn't mean I'm glad that *I* am closer to death everyday. I meant "hell, same", that where I want to be in life is you, Comfy Fleece Sweater, being closer to death everyday. Sorry for the confusion my friend.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Working on bettering myself, already on the path and feeling better every day

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Here. Let's see If I can figure out how to link a song for this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk&t=293s

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I conform to almost every negative goon stereotype and every general "Ugh, you ALL SUCK and here's why" post is an accurate attack on me.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
no/yes/sorta

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Chinatown posted:

you and everyone you love will die and be forgotten by all humanity

oh, thank god. I was worried there for a second.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

out of beer, so no. maybe tomorrow tho

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
1. Not quite where I wanted to be.

2. If we're talking purely monetary then yeah I'm way behind because my line of work is for the public good while most of my friends are programmers. But my job is cool and I help my community.

3. Drinking less and almost never do drugs anymore. Still unhappy but that's kind of just how I'm programmed. I'm ambitious so happiness is fleeting. It's just a moment until I need more happiness.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also I'm petty. My main goal is to have a wife/SO significantly hotter than my friends wives.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

On one hand, I'm fairly young and just got my college degree. On the other hand, everybody else I went to college with actually did things and met people, so I'm behind. I think the best I can hope for is an ordinary happiness. No drinking or drugs, though. I don't like the taste of alcohol and I don't know anyone I can cop drugs from.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am on the right track now, but I had fallen quite a bit behind my friends for a while. I became extreamly jealous, so I buckled down and got to work double time. I have now surpassed my most successful friend, and am poised to rise further still :)

thanks for asking

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hail satan

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Are you where you wanted to be at in life?
nope. i finished classes and got certified for a field that i was told had lots of jobs, but it turns out that entry level jobs in the field seemingly don't exist- at least in NYC, where everyone hiring is picky because they have literally millions of people to choose from. so i gotta do more studying and work an internship just for the chance at paid work. also, i'm 30 years old

Gaunab posted:

When you look at your friends and peers, do you believe you've kept up or surpassed them?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. practically everyone i went to college with has been on the career path for several years. granted, many of them are miserable husks of human beings because they work soul-crushing jobs and have nothing else going on in their lives, but at this point, i'd rather have that going on for me

Gaunab posted:

Do you drink and take drugs to run away from your failures and escape the depression and monotony of your life?
occasionally, but i know that giving up isn't an option so i keep running into a brick wall expecting it to fall down this time

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 19, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No, but I'm also not a complete disaster yet so I'm not going to cry myself to sleep anytime soon.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I hate myself and want to die OP. Thanks for listening

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Apparently I'm having a midlife crisis and I'm not even 30. So i guess ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
want to be ...in life
this is sort of a trick question

• Locked thread