Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I find Cameron and Jillian annoying in almost an equal number of ways, but this still a bum deal any way it goes.

Watch it be Happy Holidays.
This will be a Grrrl Power vote... for one week only.
Christmas needs to go out like shredded wrapping paper very soon... but not this go around.

Jillian has her oddball cronies, Cam has gently caress-all built up.

Also, that "Happy Holidays" line is totally gonna be one OTEV or voiceover guy will use this season... guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Awww, too bad goony goon :byewhore:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I try to reserve judgement of HGs until past the "characters turned to 11" stage but Cameron seemed genuinely socially awkward with a bunch of really obvious ticks. He probably was less character and more bad player.

But it's still a shame he didn't get a chance to overcome it like Ian or Steve. Shame to sacrifice a noob to hand a veteran a ton of game leverage.

Oh look, a fan vote. I wonder who wins that.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 29, 2017

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Awww poo poo POP is gonna gently caress the holder.
Keep POP away from the pop.

Burn that poo poo on Ramses or Whistlefuck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ian was going to be the first boot in 2014 until the coaches twist saved him.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

gif Probst posted:

Didn't Ian win the first HoH

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gif Probst posted:

True. I wasn't really saying it as some sort of extremely positive comparison. I actually don't think much of Ian or his win. I just meant that there's always some incredibly awkward nerd who makes a natural first bad impression and in recent memory two of them have managed to win. Hell, you could even look at someone like Vanessa as an example of someone who got off to a rough start and survived.

Point is the Big Brother game is a complicated gauntlet of social interactions, strategy, comps, and luck. And if you get booted within hours you didn't have a ton of time to get that going or correct your mistakes, so I don't like it. Didn't really like it when it happened to Jodi. Didn't really like it when it happened to Glenn.

Really, REALLY don't like it when its all done in the name of stacking the start of the game for a veteran.

And yes, I happen to hate that veteran too so that factors in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, boy they really don't want Paul to go, do they? Why don't you trust in your cast BB?

Poor Cameron, he got screwed. Too early to make meaningful connections with anyone, to have that decided by a vote day 1 is lovely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its weird because I can remember four years ago that I was arguing that putting Elissa in with the MVP wasn't that bad because she was just a relative and there'd be time for others to win fanbases and while MVP was powerful it wasn't game breaking.

But this just seems silly. Its one thing to bring Paul in. I don't mind vets returning but 1 of them seems like it might give them a huge cult of personality edge. Then you give him safety from the first eviction. Then you let him give safety to half the cast so he can earn favors, form alliances, and build himself a lot of room for Week 2. Then you introduce a fan vote that seems favored for him that would make him safe for 3 weeks. At what point does Paul actually have to start playing?

It doesn't help that I just finished binging Over The Top which had its thumb on the scale hard for a single veteran. Now it feels like it might have just been a test run for Paul.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

No matter the temptation and no matter the Julie explanation provided after the fact... Paul was going to be returned to the house by hook or by crook.
The "Swap" was going to occur whether Walken hit the button or nobody did.
It just wouldn't have happened in that particular segment.

Grodner is nothing if she isn't predictable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, of course. I mean, the odds were good that 1 out of 16 people would take the money when they were guaranteed they could do anonymously. I would have 100%. But there was definitely a Plan/Temptation B in place because Paul was going in there by hook or by crook.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

When they said the eviction would be decided by vote by 2 to 1, what was the other option? Storm warnings cut off a big chunk of the second hour in my neck of the woods.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They had to choose whether they competed in a comp or the HGs vote to decide which of them goes home.

Jillian chose vote, Cameron chose comp. Christmas surprised people by voting for a vote. Presumably she decided she had a better chance in a popularity contest against Cameron and Jillian than in an unknown comp.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What are the odds that the comp would have been a True/False comp based on the snakes and apples. "True or false, the male yellow snake was holding a red apple?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh is totally Devin 2.0.

Josh wants to tell you something secret just between you two.

Be careful who you trust.

I know shes wearing a costume but I bet Nicole had that in her closet.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 30, 2017

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So what happens if Kevin's team wins?

Edit: Oh, never mind. Problem solved for Kevin, lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lol, yeah. I was curious myself until Josh decided to sabotage his game and bail Kevin out.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Ahaha Josh is insane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, Josh. Way to lose your mind before you even got a bed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh goody, an alpha male alliance. That's different.

Boy, Cody sure has a winning personality.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 30, 2017

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Cody is a little too intense for BB.

Josh saying "be careful who you trust". Thanks Captain Obvious

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody seems like the guy who is going to lose his poo poo as soon as someone betrays him or he loses control of the game. Two weeks of HOH right off the bat might be the worst thing that could happen to him.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I feel like Cody is gonna be a total rear end in a top hat on the feeds but I burst out laughing every time they cut to his expressionless face.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I just don't like you that much."

He said that to a pawn.

This is a winning bunch of social players.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Paul getting backdoored the first week would be so good. I think Mark is gonna talk Cody out of it.

Jillian has already solidified her role as the pawn of the season. I bet she'll break a record for most times on the block, no rational person would vote her out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wonder if Megan is actually doing something that both Josh and Cody had these seemingly bizarre reactions to her or is she just the older, slightly quirky "different" person who they're lashing out against.

Like, in any other situation I'd take it for granted that she must be doing something wrong socially to not have gained a ton of sympathy and first week safety from that Josh blowup. But Cody has such a deranged American Psycho "I will eliminate all the weirdos" vibe going that I'm not sure.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hey Cody, they're not "the outsiders" if there's 10 of them and 3 of you. Also lol at him openly admitting that the hot women aren't outsiders because they are their own class, "Babes"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Somewhere Caleb is saying "tone it down, buddy."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I wonder if Megan is actually doing something that both Josh and Cody had these seemingly bizarre reactions to her or is she just the older, slightly quirky "different" person who they're lashing out against.

Well, I guess based on the flashback we saw, she apparently talked about getting out the big guys, right in front of Josh? Why would even you do that? Josh isn't muscleman, but he's no Ramses or Kevin. Josh never brought that up in front of everyone, but I'm guessing it was addressed with Cody at some point.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 30, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess. It didn't seem as overt as Josh made it sound, it sounded more like she said "this sucks but we should probably get out one of those big guys". But still, not super smart in front of a big guy you don't know that well.

Still, I could understand Cody nominating her because that got around but would that be enough for "I just don't like you"?

Like I said, in any other circumstance if one person seemed to get on the bad side of two totally unconnected people I'd assume that that one person is at fault socially in some way. But Josh and Cody gave off such weird first impressions in that episode that it has me curious.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reading secondhand that a recent Grodner interview about the first week that she felt Megan might have been overplaying. So Megan might be doing "too much, too soon" with her game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She definitely gave off the vibe of someone who was a little too confident in her game smarts and interrogation skills and might overplay out the gate. It wouldn't surprise me.

If Cody appeared to have a soul and hadn't broken down the house between people he wanted to gently caress and people he didn't I probably wouldn't be giving her the benefit of the doubt.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Cody has definitely killed people - probably children.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
One of my favourite moments of the show last night was Cody's "out of the way loser" comment to Josh during the HOH comp. Cody's gotta be shell shocked if he thinks his generally hostile demeanor goes over well with anyone.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The thing is, Cody has seemed like the smartest one in the house so far when it comes to his read on a lot of things (knowing not to trust Paul, not buying into the BB cliches, etc) but hooooooooly poo poo the dude is a psycho socially and is going to have a huge target on his back.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mahoning posted:

The thing is, Cody has seemed like the smartest one in the house so far when it comes to his read on a lot of things (knowing not to trust Paul, not buying into the BB cliches, etc) but hooooooooly poo poo the dude is a psycho socially and is going to have a huge target on his back.

Yeah, he seems to have a perfectly solid read of the game but absolutely no game face (unless you count Stone Cold Killer Eyes as a a game face). Without a solid social game he's gonna be target number one as soon as someone who isn't in the inner circle gets HoH.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to not trust the vet, especially if you had actually seen any of Paul's game and know he's a massive liar and rat.

But also I hesitate to praise the game strategy of a guy who made the age old decision of "I really want to team up with the most physically fit people and bring them all deep into the game when comps start to really get important." Who has that worked out for? Derrick? And he was the runt of the litter who brought Victoria into the F3.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, that's true. It's funny to call out BB cliches and then immediately form a meathead alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not to mention the old "I really want to get the awkward outsiders out early." Because, you know, in a game where social skills are key and decide the winner you always want to make sure to get rid of anyone with any quirks or social awkwardness and go with the most likable people.

Especially when you're clearly a well adjusted and charming individual yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Is it just me or does Jillian look like Kelly Clarkson?

• Locked thread