Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Bucswabe posted:

Are BB contestants coached in using the Big Brother idioms? I don't think I've ever met a person in real life who says things like "thrown under the bus", but with these people, its, like, every person, every episode...
Is this a serious post? This is a pretty common phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Tonight's the night. It's going to happen again and again. Has to happen. Cody, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jess calling everyone idiots for not stupidly buying into her worthless threats :laffo:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I feel the opposite. It was really lovely for her to attack Cody for admitting he's no good for her. Cody is awful, but I felt bad for him.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Orange Sunshine posted:

Right, I don't think he has a choice. No matter how loyal people are during the early or midgame, once you get to the end everyone is looking at the money and trying to figure out who they can beat in a final vote. Nobody wants to sit next to Paul in a final 2, and he knows that, so once they're down to 4 people, Paul has to be able to beat everyone that's left in competitions.
With Christmas being injured enough to be a non-contender in physical comps, a final 4 of Paul/Raven/Kevin/Christmas would be hilarious.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I find him to be a loud, brash, obnoxious rear end in a top hat. The show is very generous to him and has been for 2 seasons. It doesn't show how he poo poo talks everyone all the time and works up the house to hate each other or outright bullies people. Or how incredibly arrogant he is and talks endlessly about what a major celebrity he is, what an amazing player he is who knows everything, and how funny everything he says in DR is. He's always full of poo poo like this crying he's suddenly doing that is all an act to try and cover the fact that he has to finally openly backstab some people instead of how in the past he's just stood back and blamed someone else. There's a reason his dumb comic name was "Potty Mouth" and Zingbot said "Shut the gently caress up, Paul" last year.

In small TV doses I might not hate him either. And a lot of the time I can tolerate him and he wasn't my most hated of the season. Actually I don't think I was outright hating him until this week, and I stopped watching feeds weeks ago. Usually I just can't listen to him and have to turn it off. But when he started up the fake crying and self righteous "I did everything I could for you but it hurts me so much that you're mad that I lied to you and betrayed you and mocked you behind your back" stuff I was just instantly done with him.
The thing I don't like about Paul is when he pretends he wasn't part of things, like with going off on Josh when Jason went home. Maybe it's because we have the outside perspective, but I thought that was really stupid.

Do the jury members get to watch the episodes or just the competitions? Do they know the votes? What does the jury get to see?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Fast Luck posted:

But that was a plan Paul made ahead of time that worked out exactly as planned and helped the whole Poshmas trio! Paul told Josh prior that they'd stage a fight, and what it let him do was fool Alex into thinking he was still with her. This was the contingency for if Alex won HOH, that he could then feasibly still pretend to be her ally and thus control her. She does win that HOH, and Paul tells her they need to put up Raven and Kevin, and she does it. We saw her say Christmas and Josh betrayed her but that she has no one else to trust so she needs to take Paul's suggestion. I get it was annoying to see if you just think he's full of poo poo covering his rear end and whatever, and if Alex hadn't won HOH it would've looked even more unnecessary and hacky, but it ended up actually being one of his highlight moves of the season.
I get that, I just don't like how he executes it. "I was going to go home Josh? Bro, you were going to do that to me too?????"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What's wrong with Christmas and Jason :ohdear:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Raven was by far my least favorite cast member. Not only was she completely incompetent at the game, but her zany persona was grating. I liked her better on the feeds when she was just a dumb normal girl who mumbled a lot, at least she had a normal voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

If Paul would've been honest on his goodbye messages then he would've gained a lot of good will. Doubling down on not getting blood on your hands is insanely dumb ESPECIALLY since with everyone comparing notes, he had all of the blood on his hands. Should've owned that snake status once he bounced people.

• Locked thread