Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Faustian Bargain posted:

Is this a serious post? This is a pretty common phrase.

Agree that it is a common phrase, but I promise you DRs are 100% coached based on how I've seen pretty much every remotely similar thing work. Like, I don't mean they force them to say things they don't want to, I mean they will actually ask them to rephrase their answers a specific way for the sake of making editing easier. There is a reason many HGs speak totally different in their DRs compared to in the house or in their exit interviews.

From my own experience, most people are pretty bad at giving answers to questions that work well for editing, so it is not uncommon to have to ask for them to repeat an answer more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That looked more like they pulled that DR from when Elena got bounced or something.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Orange Sunshine posted:

How has no one figured out that Paul is completely dominating the game?

Not really because he basically hasn't. STAC Goat, our resident feeds transcriber, had a pretty good break down for exactly what Paul has done this season and why he isn't actually a big target. It boils down to the fact that Paul hasn't really done anything but figure out who the majority of the house was mad at and align himself with the house and stoke those flames. Cody, Jess, Dom, Elena, and Mark all made targets out of themselves by pissing off just about everyone else in the house. Paul was the convenient scapegoat because none of those people, save for Mark, were willing to admit they were some of the worst BB players ever and that no one had any reason to bow to their will. So clearly they were on the outs because Paul is a dominator and not because they played self centered, awful games.

Honestly, at this point, Alex and Jason are the only power duo left and they have a bunch of comp wins between them. Paul is literally a floater this season and it is hilarious to see so many people think he is running the game because he happens to listen to the other HGs when the complain about each other and then join in himself.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

This is all fair, but the one thing I will say in support of Paul as the "king of the house" argument, is that everyone seems to go out of their way to appease him at every opportunity. They give him safety, pick him for veto comps, don't select him in the elimination comps, etc.

He gets along decently with everyone and since he was the clear target of the house targets for more than a month, they didn't want to risk him since half the house thinks they have him specifically in their corner.

Mahoning posted:

He has the advantage of prior game knowledge which does give him a leg up on everyone. It's why it was kinda unfair to put just one vet in the game. They ask Paul what's going on with pretty much every aspect of the game and take his word that he knows what he's talking about based on an entire prior season's worth of experience. Even if he's just telling them what they already know.

What Paul is actually really good at though is feeding people information under the guise that it was their idea and/or common sense. It's something they try to teach you in sales about making it seem as if your idea is actually their idea.

Meh. Christmas and Josh were not on the same page as Paul during Josh's HOH. Paul didn't change that. Cody and Jess blowing up for the umpteenth time did. Likewise Paul didn't orchestrate Dom's downfall, Dom did because she kept sketching people out and proving Paul right to everyone. Similarly, Mark and Elena went out of their way to prove Paul right about his assumptions about them. He really hasn't convinced anyone to make any weird game decisions based on lies. The worst he can be accused of is keeping people focused on clear targets since most of the people who play BB seem to be ADD cases. And he hasn't had to do much for that since every single major target has blown up their own game with everyone else first.

The house, aside from Kevin, has been broken into pairs for a while now and most of his allies view Paul as their loner third. Why would they risk their third wheel? As far as they have seen, he's loyal and competent, and has actually been right 99% of the time. He's a good ally for them to have, which is why they want him around. Matt and Raven should be the only people terrified of him as a couple since he doesn't seem super tight with them. Same can be said for Kevin as a loner. And they haven't ever had power so who knows what they would do if they were HOH.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 25, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I just want to throw out there that BB put Raven on blast more than they did Cody, who has actually said some seriously awful things. Or Jess for that matter.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That segment was great, but her mumbling montage had me laughing my rear end off. That was up there with that sleep talking montage (was that last summer or further back?)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Kevin is great but he royally sucks at this game. And Jason's intuition was right per usual (he just shows his cards to everyone too much and is easily influenced by Alex). Kevin was gonna get burned if he put him up. Alex might very well be done with Jason (probably not) which is fine because Jason has a fall back pair in Kevin which really puts her and Raven as forced to work with each other once Matt bounces and they can't stand one another. Kevin pretty much has to win the next HOH not only for resume building but to save his own skin. When once Kevin was the goat to bring with you to the end for an easy win is now occupied by Raven and Xtree to a lesser extent.

Paul can still pick and choose where to float where the numbers go. Infuriating season to say the least.

Alex has a better pair with Paul if she splits with Jason, and Jason just gave Paul two easy new targets on a silver platter. While Jason was right about what Alex and Paul were doing, he made the absolute wrong decision. You've got 5 people wanting and expecting you to backstab Kevin, because you said you would, and now you are going to burn them all to protect a dude who has accomplished nothing in this game. Absolutely baffling. Once again Paul has to do exactly nothing but watch as someone else torpedoes their own game again. Alex could actually use this to get much further into the game if she does the smart thing and ditches Jason, but she probably won't because I am fairly certain Paul and Christmas are the only people capable of rational thought left in the game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I dunno, I just don't see what is commendable about a husband and father, who just recently learned he will soon have a second child, risking a $500k prize to save a "friend" he just met 68 days ago from a 50/50 chance of losing the game. I mean, maybe it makes sense if Jason just flat out does not need 500k, and with the way most people play this game, I am starting assume that BB does not cast people who actually need or want $500,000.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

Oh come on now, this post is really too much. Someone actually doing something in their own best interest for once is now a boneheaded move throwing away their own game? Did you think Alex knew what the hell she was talking about and had Jason's best game interests in mind during those confessionals? Come on.

It's not about Alex having Jason's best interests in her mind, it's Jason having the house expecting him to put Kevin up because he basically said that would happen, and then deciding that going against the house and his word was a good choice. Jason was already a target because of his wins and his known duo with Alex, but he just solidified himself as a massive target by handing the whole house the excuse that he can't be trusted either. Jason had a decent thing going with Alex, and with his ability to win comps, the absolute smartest thing to do is keep booting the easy targets and let the house do what they want until he has no choice but to start picking off people from the group he's with.

Deciding Kevin is going to be his new ride or die, which is what he basically just did, when he kind of already openly has one, is a terrible move, especially because Kevin hasn't won anything. Jason cannot protect both himself and Kevin if they both have huge targets on their backs, though with the stupid tree, it might actually be possible, so I guess we'll see. The whole point of having a duo, or a goat for the end, is that usually you kind of don't want too much attention brought to it.

My point is that making unilateral decisions that go against your prior word and go against the majority of the house is objectively bad. So good luck to Jason on playing in and winning every comp he can for the rest of the summer, unless someone else blows up and takes the heat off of him.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Putting yourself out there to protect someone in the game who has not ever proven they can return the favor in anyway isn't acting in your best interest, especially when you already have deals going with people who have proven that they could by actually working with you. He had every reason to be weirded out by everyone wanting Kevin on the block especially pre-veto, but the post veto pushing from the house was because:

1. He won the veto.
2. He told pretty much everyone he was on board for putting Kevin on the block.

Acting in his best interest and protecting Kevin at the same time would have been him refusing to put up Kevin from the get go. People have done it before, refusing to burn someone who has never burned them. But that isn't what Jason did. Jason played along for days that Kevin was going up and then couldn't pull the trigger because of feelings. He agreed to do the hinky vote to frame Kevin. He agreed to use Kevin as a replacement nom. He agreed to tell Maven that the plan was to pull Raven down and backdoor Kevin. He chose to win the veto. That's objectively bad gameplay. That's creating rifts where there were none. He's not taking charge of anything. All he did was make people assume he probably can't be worked with now. He also potentially soured a large portion of the jury for himself. But hey, Kevin will certainly vote for him now. 1 vote is definitely better than many votes! That's how voting works right?

Also lol at cult like group think. Is that yet another jab at alleged actual arch wizard Paul? Is what Jason did a good move specifically because it was the opposite of what Paul wanted?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'd be willing to accept Paul running the game if anyone here had ever shown how he's doing it. Because every situation ever pointed to can be explained very clearly by other people's actions. There's been hefty discussion, if you could call it that, of this in the feeds thread, and I have yet to see anyone ever post a single shred of evidence that supports Paul actually being the shot caller. It got to the point where people are just blaming his mere presence in the house as the reason things are happening, completely removing any and all agency from everyone else in the game so that Paul could be the puppet master in their eyes.

I mean, I don't want Paul to win at all, mostly because at this point almost everyone else in the game, aside for Kevin (at the moment), has had to play way harder to stay in the game, and he's mostly just been bandwagoning and dogpiling. It's a valid strategy, and it isn't even the most boring to watch, but there are plenty of people working harder at staying safe than he is, so I would prefer them to win. But this Paul poo poo the BB community is obsessed with is laughable at this point. I'd say I would love for Paul to go next, but it won't stop people from saying he puppet mastering the jury house and deciding the winner. Like I said in the feed thread, I am looking forward to Paul somehow running the house next season too, even though he isn't on the cast.

As for Jason, again, I don't see how making himself an even bigger threat to more people is worth it to have someone on your side that has not proven they can actually play the game in any way that would be helpful. I do not see how securing one vote is worth risking multiple others. It is in his best interest to minimize the target on his back by shifting it else where, not deciding to jump on a grenade for a floater to secure a single vote. Especially when he's the one who pulled the pin on the grenade in the first place.

Making a decision for one's self has nothing to do with the quality of said decision. It is totally possible to take matters in to one's own hands and completely make the wrong call. That said, there is still a tree filled with goddamned twists still in this game so to be honest, there is a much better than usual chance everything might work out for him, so we'll see.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

He had no shot at winning if he kept playing stupid, sure. All he ever had to do going forward was have at least one other viable target in the house besides himself (and he had 1 in Paul, and discovered a second when everyone made it clear they found Kevin shady.) He opted to throw himself in front of Kevin after spending days, if not weeks, agreeing with various people that Kevin was a potential problem. The answer to being a massive target isn't to make yourself a bigger target. I mean it could work in a situation where you decide to show your cards to protect another hard player. A power duo is extremely dangerous at this point. But a floater who doesn't win comps? Awful move. Incredibly short sighted. If Kevin was another comp beast I would have had 0 problems with Jason's move. If Kevin suddenly starts cranking out wins then that was a hell of a gamble but totally worth it.

But right now Jason practically solidified 2nd place at best.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Of course Paul would have massive sway of the votes in an Alex/Jason block for sure, because he is third wheeling Josh and Christmas and the three of them are going to convince Raven to vote with them. It's not like I don't think Paul has any power in the house, I just object to the idea that everything that has happened so far has happened because Paul made it happen. Which is what some people are seriously arguing. But anyway, Paul has been working with Alex for a while now and frankly, Jason just made his work easier, and probably gave a nice boost to Alex's game in general, while sinking Kevin's game further since the house will view him as working with a comp beast like Jason.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Super lovely edit tonight. They also cut out Jason's controversial comments in addition to Kevin grabbing the glass against Josh. Jason's bs doesn't fit the narrative BB is creating, but it still sucks when someone does or says something enough to get attention from websites only to have it completely covered up by the show in order to preserve phony character development.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I mean, Kevin and Alex a definitely morons in this situation. I gave Alex the benefit of the doubt to see if maybe she was hedging her bets, but she really seems oblivious. Raven didn't really have a good reason to not trust Christmas and Paul so far since they have both been buttering her up for a while now. Alex and Kevin are baffling though.

Josh and Xmas are the big winners here. Paul is thinking his hands are clean, but he is the one running around reassuring everyone they are fine, so if things blow up, he will be the common denominator. If Paul is smart, he will need to find away to keep Raven from getting too close to Christmas without seeming too obvious, which is going to be hard since the seeds for mistrust are already planted with Josh and Christmas. This is the first real week where he is actually juggling, so I guess we will see just how good he really is now. I really hope Josh wins next HOH, as that is the only HOH that would really test Paul's game, imo.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 4, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Kevin is the typical non-player looking for any life line he can get. Alex is just dumb, but so is her ride or die Jason. Matt was also very bad. Raven is bad, but it is understandable why she would throw her lot in with Paul at this point since he is the only person she fully trusted besides Matt and she has no idea Paul was very much a part of the plan to backdoor Matt in the first place. Christmas and Josh were the ones being tossed the win so they don't count, and funnily enough, they are pretty much the only ones routinely suspicious of Paul.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

loving LOL Paul has learned absolutely nothing. Josh is a mess but I hope he can get this next HOH. Or maybe Christmas, but I would much prefer Josh.

Not sure what Josh's vote accomplished though. If anything it might make Raven think Paul was her one vote. :psyduck: Especially since Josh made it seem like he voted her out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

If Josh would just talk to Alex and tell her the truth about Paul he could blow up Paul's game without even having to nominate him. Josh needs to taint the jury and he can only do that by talking to Alex and Kevin since they are the only ones left not part of his trio. Josh played the Raven eviction poorly. He stuck to his guns on his vote for Kevin, but then made it seem like he voted Raven to Raven when he should have said anything to plant the seed that he was the 1 Kevin vote to her.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It's actually been thoroughly explained how he got this far and how it probably wouldn't work in other seasons but people who apparently don't want to watch what happens in the house have themselves convinced Paul is literally a wizard.

Just for shits and giggles, here is the 100th explanation.

The house provided Paul with bigger targets than himself for essentially the first half of the game, if not further. Paul's gameplay, even last year, has him be very flexible and aware of which way the house is blowing, and with 3 showmances and 2 game duos, Paul had the unusual luxury of not only having multiple power couples to shift targets onto, but multiple duos to third wheel himself into. With everyone viewing Paul as the useful third wheel for their F3 dreams, and with multiple other couples in the house, there was never a good reason to waste a week targeting Paul, because he was one dude, and more importantly, every couple that was targeted was successfully busted up. Furthermore, Cody and Jess essentially ate up the first 1/3rd of the game being both the worst players and heavily protected by twists, which polarized the entire house against them, further protecting Paul. Paul also had 3 weeks of immunity as well, which were filled with the house wanting Cody and Jess broken up, so he didn't even have to fight for his life for the first month. Dom, Mark and Elena, each happily talked their way into being evicted, basically forcing the house to target them. Matt was awful at Big Brother and as part of the final showmance, he was a super easy target for the remaining 2 duos. Raven got seriously burned by Paul, but Josh hosed it up a bit by apologizing profusely when he didn't even vote her out or want her gone, so she might actually think Paul voted to keep her for now.

Alex has been super dumb, and so has Jason, but Alex has been working with Paul since before Cody first got evicted and as far as she knows he had never lied to her until this past week. Josh and Christmas have also been working with Paul for quite sometime. Josh very clearly sees through what Paul has been doing, but he also recognizes that he has directly benefited from Paul's actions up until now. It's hard to know what is in Christmas's head because they didn't really give her as much DR screen time as Josh. The best I can tell, from hearing her talk in general, is that she is worried about having to choose between Josh and Paul and wants to keep them on the same page for as long as possible, because she quite frankly needs them to get to the end and take her to F2.

As for not putting Paul up immediately this week? It is for nothing if Paul wins that veto, not only that, but Paul would definitely push for a tie vote to put more blood on Josh. Josh also can't compete in the next HOH and Paul can, and the odds of Christmas winning it would be super low. Granted, the veto that week is as important, if not more important than HOH, but Josh would have to be real confident to gamble solely on that veto. Paul wouldn't even have to win that HOH. Christmas could win and if Paul wins the veto Josh goes home. It also means the very real possibility Paul is definitely getting final 3, so even if Josh did survive next week, he would have to beat Paul in final HOH or definitely get 3rd place.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 11, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Playing a good game and running the house are not the same thing. Paul has been playing a good game (not counting jury management,) but he has also had a good game handed to him thanks to Cody, Jess, Mark, Elena, and the twists this season. Alex, Kevin, Raven and Matt have been the only people you can even argue he "controlled" in this game, in that they pretty much never questioned him and even put their games at risk at his suggestion with no immediate gain for themselves. Not sure how 4 people = the house, when we started with 15. I guess you can argue Jason too? So 5 out of 15? Though Jason was only really ever trusting in Alex, who kept reassuring him about Paul. And even then, there were always legitimate targets (duos) in the house for them to worry about.

Josh and Christmas have had multiple times where they acknowledged Paul's game play but everything he's done has been in line with what they both wanted and needed to survive and both times Paul convinced people to throw, it was to them.

Basically every time this comes up it boils down to people who have a hate boner for Paul insisting "the house" should have swiftly booted him, with no explanation for who "the house" is specifically in this case, nor for what reason they should boot him outside of "he's a vet" and with no explanation for how any of those things fit with what actually happened over the course of the season.

Edit: I think it is worth considering the unprecedented amount of players who torpedo'd their own game this season. 5 people in the first 1/3rd of the game, week after week, proved themselves basically impossible to work with while simultaneously not being able to win their way to safety, despite two of them having a battle back win and special protection.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 12, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah Josh and Christmas' jury management has been very minimal. Especially with the last double eviction. Josh needs to start planting seeds in Alex and Kevin's heads immediately because he needs voices in the jury that will understand what has been happening. Of course, that is irrelevant if Paul doesn't make final 2, but still. You gotta hedge your bets. I really think Josh missed a big opportunity with Raven for some stealth jury play.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Christmas could do nothing, but Josh, since he actually didn't vote Raven out, should not have been apologizing to her the same way he did to Jason, who he did vote out. He was also the only one near her near the door, he should have tried telling her he voted for Kevin, and he should have planted the seed in her head that he wanted Kevin out after Jason bounced, but he spent the whole time crying so there's that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I don't really know that it would be a true betrayal. It's jury management, and it was the truth, and if he were next to Christmas in final 2, he'd have to cut much deeper than that to get the money.

As for Jason and Maven. I have no faith that they will figure anything out and quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the whole jury falls in line with Cody.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

With noms, Alex's noms during DE were the only ones where she clearly just did what she was told because of blind trust as they didn't really benefit her one way or the other and she expressed regret after. Jason refused to put up Kevin, who Paul really wanted on the block. Christmas needed Jason gone clear as day, so that one doesn't really count for much either. Cody, Mark and Elena were pretty clear and easy targets for the house and each had willing pawns to get them out. So out of 6 jury members, Raven was the only one who basically wasn't a clear target and was kind of just "chosen" by Paul and to a lesser extent Christmas.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Snowmankilla posted:

Quoting myself because Josh is now hosed. The last 3 evictions think Josh was behind them. He got rid of the one person fighting for him? Kevin hates him. Xmas admitted to him she likes Paul more. Paul wants to take a cripple and an old man poo poo floater.

So loving stupid.

Agree. I've been saying Josh has been botching since DE, but this sealed it. What's worse is that he seemed to want to split the vote to blindside Kevin at some point but I guess changed his mind. Josh has never been a genius but his management of the past week has been god awful and now he has blood on his hands that he shouldn't, even when he was well aware that Paul was loving him over. Just bad play. Josh now has to make it through F4 AND win Final HOH or else he is toast. Which, less face it, is unlikely. Paul pretty much just won the season and again, minimal work on his part needed to be done since someone else fumbled miserably to his benefit.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That would make the most sense. She is basically guaranteed F3 since it is unlikely she will be able to win, let alone even compete, in 2 of the 3 games, so why get blood on her hands with this HOH?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Also, the earlier in the game you go, the fewer lies Paul was actually telling. The only really dishonest thing Paul had going on before all the other couples were busted was that he was saying he was loyal to them, and even then, he kinda was, because he didn't betray any of them until the Matt eviction.

Also I really liked your comparison of Paul's game this year to Andy and Vanessa in the feeds thread.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I have no faith in Josh to pull out the final win, so the only realistic hope is that the final questioning blows up in Paul's face and he loses by 1 vote again. The only reason it is a hope is because Paul actually believes his own hype and the fact of the matter is, while he did play a pretty good game, better than average for sure, it wasn't the crazy mastermind genius game he believes it was. So my hope is that the ego we have seen from Paul takes over on finale night, and we get some fireworks. If a smarter, humble Paul shows up, then he deserves the money.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

I think we need to move to America voting for the winner from the final two. More and more it seems like bitter juries are going to give the win to the weaker player based on spite, and it discourages future players from fully playing the game. No one takes responsibility for getting played.

The problem with that is scenarios like this year where Jess and Cody were actually very popular with viewers. Letting viewers vote is terrible because most people will never watch more than the CBS shows and the a significant portion of the narratives shown there are incredibly dishonest due to heavy editing and omission. Also consider that due to this, viewers can be just as bitter as the jury. To see who would have won with a viewer vote, look to the winner of AFP.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

We need some thing other than what we have now, because if Paul gets to the final two and loses a jury vote you are sending a message to all future Big Brother contestants that once you make it as far as jury, you need to lay low and and pray that you get dragged to end by a better player, because if anyone in the jury finds out that you were successfully playing Big Brother you are going to lose.

Nah, bitter juries are nothing new and both BB and Survivor has had to deal with them for well over a decade. The message to contestants is "learn to manage the jury". Which means actually getting to know the people you are playing with and not expecting to brow beat them into submission. Being ruthless will impress some people but not others, and it is up to a good player to determine which strategies are more helpful or harmful to their game in the end. By distilling it down to pure gameplay, you run the risk of juries ignoring some types of gameplay over others. Then you run the risk of essentially assigning a point system to comp wins, and figuring out a metric for social gaming, which seems pretty impossible, tbh, since who gets to decide when a social game move was what it was? Jury members refuse to admit they've been played so would the social moves count? How is that counted then? It will never really be better than what they have. That said, it could be improved by letting the completed jury have more time to debate and question the finalists, but that is unlikely to happen.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Papa John Misty posted:

Christmas is... In love... With Paul...?

I guess. There was an edited clip (which BB used the same footage for with Christmas in her HOH alone) that made it seem that way, but the longer version of the clip had her talking about the game in general and having to make hard choices going forward. But her DR definitely leans it that way?

It is hard to take anything on the CBS show at face value when they still keep editing Cody and Jess as normal people when Cody might literally be a psychopath and Jess's violent fantasies about the house guests actually started weirding Cody out.

I am sure she definitely really likes Paul, but considering that the show buried that story until now, it must not be serious or deep or else it would have been used for narrative earlier. I think they are setting it up now for the dramatic effect of the final HOH eviction.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah this season had probably the least reused comps right? And the least cheap comps quiz show comps. But it was wasted on this season.

I just realized, did we seriously not get the egg/fence comp this year? Is that the first in a long time? Also no poker?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Paul hosed himself by needlessly lying in his goodbye messages and again at Final Jury. I'm happy Josh won, but America reminds us again that it would probably vote to nuke itself if given the option.

I'm just glad Paul didn't win because his puppet master SEASON DOMINATION bs can be put to bed. He lost, again, because he is not as good at the game as he thinks he is. The only house that needs to be "run" is the jury house.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Bloops Crusts posted:

I'm not sure if Josh won because he was a more genuine human being than Paul, because winning final HoH tipped the balance in his favor, or if the jury really just hated Paul that much

Paul's jury management was definitely terrible though. I can't understand why he would lie at final jury questioning, why continue to deflect and shift blame? Own up to your mistakes, apologize, show a little humanity, don't be such a drat robot. Paul had the better closing speech but tbh Josh might have sealed it just because he was flustered and nervous and came across like a real person, not a puppetmaster.

Jury clearly gave Paul a chance to own up to his game, and he flat out didn't multiple times. But I would say getting blown up in the goodbyes might have done more damage. Is this a first? Losing because of goodbyes? Would be interesting to see if goodbye messages end up becoming an actual strategic part of the game going forward. Funny it took a fan to weaponize them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

If I remember correctly, not everyone's goodbye message gets shown, so unless the evicted houseguest chooses which messaged to listen to, I'm not a fan of letting production put their thumb on the scale that blatantly that late in the game.

Well the Raven one, I don't even know where that came from because wasn't that on a DE? So it seems like they made them record some anyway? I was guessing they let them see all the messages backstage and only show what they can on stage. That actually seems more fair than production picking and choosing which to show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I guess Josh's seem more weaponized when juxtaposed against Paul's. Dan and Derrick, like you said, seemed more like "hey here's what went down, I'm sorry", which is basically what Josh did now that I think about it, but when put next to Paul's where he lied every time, it seemed more significant.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

Im satisfied with that outcome. Paul seems unable to shake the "used car salesman" routine and being two seasons in he overplayed his hand. I never watched the feeds or anything so I have no idea about the minutiae of the interactions he had with people but based on the edits he came off as a fairly transparent snake. If you drag the losers to the bitter end you better ensure that they have no chance of winning comps come final 2 time. Josh outclassed Paul with his retarded antics somehow! Im also exicted for Celebrity Big Brother so here's hoping we get a 2017 version of the "Surreal Life" :yarg:

Paul was overly friendly to just about everyone who wasn't Cody (because Cody is awful) but Paul's method of being friendly often meant indulging in trash talking others behind their back. You didn't miss much from the feeds besides Cody being an unrepentant bigot, kind of a legit psychopath, and Jess kind of being a psycho person who likes to stick her fingers up people's cracks for no reason.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Honestly you could probably just look at the cast of Battle of the Network Stars, and the last few seasons of Dancing with the Stars, filling in the gaps with Celebrity Apprentice casts and have a pretty comprehensive list of who is probably going to be on the show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

My favorite is when people from other reality shows get billed as celebrities and mixed in with people who actually had a semblance of a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I'm really hoping that its just a mix of people from Survivor, Amazing Race, whatever CBS soap operas are, Drew Carey, and Frankie.

Maybe they'll make someone from the Star Trek show play as a very misguided cross promotional tactic. Probably one of the aliens out of makeup.

The thing about soap people and Star Trek is that taking a month off is a huge ask for any actor that is currently employed.

• Locked thread