Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Same as before. First 11 people to send me their info get an invite. PM me your e-mail address and declare your intention in this thread. Same rules as the last draft. 20 teams, half PPR, etc.

https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/69295

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Interested, but if someone who hasn't done one yet wants in, they can have my spot.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm in

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Declaring my intention so hard right here

These are so much fun!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Back in again this year, looking forward to mocking against some Goons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes indeed.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I'm definitely in!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm in, but if it gets full and someone who didn't do the first one wants in they can grab my spot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm in.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Did it last year and would like to do it again but no PM. If you can hook me up using last year's info great, if not then oh well.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in. No pms, but I'm mycoats at yahoo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In if there is room.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I will put out invites today and see where we are.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Hah figures gmail locked me out of the previous email I used. I did update the account info yesterday though so l should be good to go. Kenichisan at gmail is the new one.

I am the biggest thorn in Beer's side when it comes to these!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay I flipped a coin for those who said they wouldn't mind giving up a slot and here's the list:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Drunk Nerds
Cervixalot
MrSargent
Leperflesh
jabro
Diqnol
Veritek83
Kenichisan
Ben Nevis
Sataere

I would like to change the draft so that this is a traditional mock, not a best ball league. We're close to July and I think it's time I treated this like redraft. Any issues with doing that?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have no issues.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't see why not.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm cool with either.

So we'd be setting lineups and such?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
No problems, and all set up without issues this time!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wait so is it a mock draft, e.g. after the draft nothing happens, or are we instead doing a regular redraft league, basically?

e. Also finally I'm team number 6 and get to use this theme I've been saving up for years

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wait was best ball league mock?
I am cool with a snake draft

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wait was best ball league mock?

No, it'll play out through the year, there's just nothing to do in best ball but watch the results and trash talk. But beer said

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would like to change the draft so that this is a traditional mock, not a best ball league.

So I'm just checking, because I don't really care about mock drafting in June but if we're just doing a fullblown redraft league with trades and free agents and setting lineups and so on that's another thing entirely.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, if this is gonna be a regular league, I think I'd rather not do this one. I'm in too many leagues as it is. Not sure I will be able to keep up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Same. If this is actually a mock draft than whatever but if it's an actual redraft league, then I'll bow out in favor of one of the goons who didn't get in.

And if it's a mock draft then hey would anyone like to do a best ball league as well? Because I could get one of those going too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'll put in a vote for best ball

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is not a redraft league. It's a mock draft. The question is whether or not we're drafting as if it was a mock draft for a redraft league, or a draft for a best ball league. You won't be choosing players or doing anything else.

Roster: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

Option 1: 14 Rounds (5 Bench Spots)
Option 2: 20 Rounds (Best Ball League Style)

My preference is Option 1.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is not a redraft league. It's a mock draft. The question is whether or not we're drafting as if it was a mock draft for a redraft league, or a draft for a best ball league. You won't be choosing players or doing anything else.

Roster: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

Option 1: 14 Rounds (5 Bench Spots)
Option 2: 20 Rounds (Best Ball League Style)

My preference is Option 1.

I have no preference.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well I'm OK with doing a mock draft, but I'd also like to do another best ball so if it's a mock draft I'll start a best ball draft later tonight.

14 spots makes more sense for a non-best-ball league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Oh, if it's just a mock, I'm cool. I misunderstood.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

OK well I'm OK with doing a mock draft, but I'd also like to do another best ball so if it's a mock draft I'll start a best ball draft later tonight.

14 spots makes more sense for a non-best-ball league.

Go ahead and start one up. More drafts is always better.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
happy either way

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Veritek83 posted:

happy either way

Yeah, I was anticipating best ball, but I'd do an extended mock.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So it won't track any points to see how we did at the end of the season?

I mean, I know it's just for fun but it was telling for me to see the league I drafted for (this one) in freakin June last year out did all of the ones I did in August.

Mostly cause I was forced to stick with my players but ya know lol

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I do not know about the leagues everyone else will participate in this year, but most of mine are dynasty style or full keeper choice leagues. I prefer the best ball based on the longer draft of 20 rounds since the later rounds have relevance for me. No problem with a normal mock since I do have at least one of those as well (ARGH GOONTIER RELEGATION), just my preference off of what I got.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Chen Kenichi posted:

I do not know about the leagues everyone else will participate in this year, but most of mine are dynasty style or full keeper choice leagues. I prefer the best ball based on the longer draft of 20 rounds since the later rounds have relevance for me. No problem with a normal mock since I do have at least one of those as well (ARGH GOONTIER RELEGATION), just my preference off of what I got.

FFC, my goony friend. Dynasty mocks.

Edit: I guess I could have said "my n***a, have you tried FFC"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 27, 2017

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The more rounds the better IMO but I'm up for whatever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

So it won't track any points to see how we did at the end of the season?

I mean, I know it's just for fun but it was telling for me to see the league I drafted for (this one) in freakin June last year out did all of the ones I did in August.

Mostly cause I was forced to stick with my players but ya know lol

It will still keep track of things. The difference is how we draft. Rather than draft for a best ball league (20 players, needing to accommodate for bye weeks, etc) the idea is that we would treat this as a regular mock (14 players).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
When do we start?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

When do we start?

Draft is starting July 1 at 8 AM EST. Timer is 12 hours. Anyone who wants to swap their draft position is more than welcome to request it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Draft is starting July 1 at 8 AM EST. Timer is 12 hours. Anyone who wants to swap their draft position is more than welcome to request it.

I like #1, but if someone desperately wants it because they have a draft coming up soon and they are first pick, I'd be happy to switch to whatever.

• Locked thread