Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Content game: who rerolled what jobs and why!

I didnt roll any of my jobs back because 3 of them were awesome and 1 was very solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Added Space posted:

It's really obvious math. Scum need to kill more people to win, therefore they would support more killing to win more easily.

If D1 isn't random, what are you basing things on other than speculation and stereotype?

I usually look for people with a high % of posts that don't relate to hunting for scum.

##vote Added Space

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Role madness is a bit different though and I maintain lynching in role madness is probably a bad option on d1

I enjoy role madness for its puzzle solving aspects, but that doesn't change that you can still do old fashioned mafiaing by actually reading posts and all that boring nonsense. D1 is the same regardless of all vanilla or role madness.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
I got two super good jobs, one alright one, and the last one I rerolled into also a super good job. Was pretty great!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
night action mafia > role madness >>>> generic mafia

also geomancer are very cute indeedo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

I didnt roll any of my jobs back because 3 of them were awesome and 1 was very solid

I didn't reroll any of mine because :effort:

My job right now is a pretty standard mafia role.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I rather not vote new boys. MMT, more like... rude twin.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

I got two super good jobs, one alright one, and the last one I rerolled into also a super good job. Was pretty great!

What jobs was it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
report kashuno for job fishing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I rerolled 2 jobs because if I actually had my original party it would have been a terrible run if I were actually doing it.

Also because I figured while white mage is probably doc, and black mage is probably vig, who knows what the others actually do and the money was only good for rerolling, so why the hell not?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

report kashuno for job fishing

Fishing for jobs people don't have

What'd you reroll asiina

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I didn't reroll because I didn't really know what to expect from the roles but they seemed balanced.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What jobs was it

I chose to reroll Geomancer.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I got black mage but it sounded boring so I spend 10$ for the best job.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't re-roll anything. I've never finished FF5.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Raeg posted:

I didn't reroll because I didn't really know what to expect from the roles but they seemed balanced.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I got Monk last slot and thought about rerolling that one, but figured I wouldn't last that long anyway. I did get the top job I wanted though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please don't reveal the jobs you have!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I rerolled because I wanted one and I didn't want another

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I rerolled because I wanted one and I didn't want another

What didn't you want

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I rerolled Dancer because I didn't feel like dancing.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

King Burgundy posted:

I rerolled Dancer because I didn't feel like dancing.

No dancing today?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also treating D1 like it's useless is pro scum.

What happens D1/N1 is what allows better hunting on D2. If nothing happens D1(and if due to the 4 lives thing there are also no deaths N1), that gives us nothing to go on for D2.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I didn't reroll because I'm just a cool guy who goes with the flow :kiddo:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
let's all nl till day 4 and then use all abilities

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok, succumbing to peer pressure.

Getting easily offended seems pretty scum to me. ##vote Murmur Twin

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi hello confirming I am here, but also not here as I am busy w airports/sisters today and probably tomorrow

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Confirming that I got my role.

I didn't reroll anything but that's only because Capitalist Pig sent me the wrong job list the first time and the second list didn't have a berserker on it so I said good enough.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

What didn't you want

Necro, GBA is bad

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm gonna try to kill everyone N1

Do dope gently caress hope

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Necro, GBA is bad

Ur dum

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
ok fartboy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh we're playing in this thread? I got the impression this was just a recruitment thread sort of deal.

##vote The Betrayer never a bad choice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the reroll thing is not a good content game. This is not FF3 where we can make new and better choices by having everyone claim what jobs do as early as reasonable, to try and catch up with the scums full knowledge.

We all have our jobs locked in already and they are basically just more complicated versions of just having a role. Stop rolefishing.

##vote Kash

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh we're playing in this thread? I got the impression this was just a recruitment thread sort of deal.

##vote The Betrayer never a bad choice.

Is Jimson in this game???

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The evil mist gets thicker as more rolls in.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I will say that, since there was no way to tell what any job did anyway, I force rolled one job into another of my choice because why not, the option was there.

That, however, doesn't really generate any content. It's just a post. I think Kash is trying to get his numbers up by asking a somewhat innocuous and technically game related question, and then responding people. Fishing for the roles people don't have would only really convey information if you also knew which slot it was in and what "game type" they'd selected. This line of questioning will either lead to town accidentally giving away information they shouldn't, or just lead to a bunch of setup talk that doesn't actually push the game forward.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

The evil mist gets thicker as more rolls in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

I will say that, since there was no way to tell what any job did anyway, I force rolled one job into another of my choice because why not, the option was there.

That, however, doesn't really generate any content. It's just a post. I think Kash is trying to get his numbers up by asking a somewhat innocuous and technically game related question, and then responding people. Fishing for the roles people don't have would only really convey information if you also knew which slot it was in and what "game type" they'd selected. This line of questioning will either lead to town accidentally giving away information they shouldn't, or just lead to a bunch of setup talk that doesn't actually push the game forward.

My thoughts exactly. CPig didn't say the scum would have a full job listing like last time in FF3, but we can still assume they're all sharing what jobs they got and what they do and thus start scratching off what townies don't have threatening ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I mean really, if you think about it

Posts are just words which are just letters which stand for sounds and sounds are just vibrations which emanate from a source

So all posters are vibrators

• Locked thread