Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Modern MMOs are played entirely by people who have to much time on their hands and have deluded themselves into thinking mindless grinding is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lakbay posted:

Miyamoto was right, story in videogames were a mistake and I hate the trend of taking more and more control away from the player.

I like it when a game is hellbent on screwing with player expectation (Nier Automata, Undertale, etc)

I really don't get how these two statements can coexist.

The Deleter posted:

Fire Emblem is a loving blight and it is preventing more Advance Wars games from being made so I want it strangled to death.

Advance Wars killed itself unfortunately.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Also I can't even bring myself to finish the first dungeon in Undetale because it's so goddamned boring. How does anyone sit through literal hours of this?

The beginning of Undertale is really bad when it comes to gameplay. The level design never becomes amazing but it does stop throwing so many pointless time wasters at you. Mostly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I will never understand the appeal of romances in video games. It just feels weird most of the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Avalerion posted:

Do you feel the same way about romance in novels and movies? Not judging, just curious since games are just another story telling medium.

I suppose I should elaborate: I don't understand romance in games where the protagonist is a stand in for the player. It always feels super awkward and forced. I also don't understand the mentality behind people that really, really want them. Like when I played Mass Effect I couldn't of cared less about the romances but some people are super into them.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I have basically never had a problem with a game being 'too easy'. It always comes up with RPGs, where people will say 'yeah but if you grind for this one part, you end up overleveled for the rest of the game!' and I'm just like... cool? Being overlevelled is fine. It's awesome when the player is insanely overpowered. I'll take any advantage I can get :shrug:

I hate being overpowered in games. If I don't feel like there's any sense of adversity then I don't get any enjoyment out of it. Being super strong gets old fast, and I have a lot more fun struggling but eventually succeeding with a difficult task.

quote:

e: Also I really loved Nier and was super thrilled when they announced Automata, but the weird anime perversion and the amount of fanbase drawn to the game because of the main characters giant rear end really puts me off playing it. That and my computer would need an upgrade first.

Taro Yoko being a weird pervert always undermines his games to me.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread