Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Special Agent Abe Hanson

And what makes you think Mr. Hanson is a suitable candidate for recruitment into AEGIS?

He's determined, fearless, and effective. Top marks on marksmanship and hand-to-hand. Frankly, I'm surprised he's not military special forces. His day-to-day work as an agent is more average, granted, but I think he's a diamond in the rough. With a little time and a little pressure, I think he could be a major credit to the organization.

I'm looking at his psych profile and I'm seeing a lot of red flags. Signs of antisocial tendencies: explosive temper, occasional reckless behavior under stress, friction with other agents and agencies. Bit of a hero complex. And there's a wife and infant in the picture, which you know I don't like. They're targets and potential leaks.

If you're looking at his psych profile, you're also seeing even more reasons to take him on. He's a perfectionist, derives all his satisfaction from a job well done. And he's loyal; we have every indication he'd lay down his life for a mission or a friend. Once he establishes loyalty, he doesn't change his mind. And the wife and kid are proof that he can play well with others. It's a happy marriage, despite the distance the job forces on him.

The fact of the matter is, he's a good agent with the potential to be a great one. If we tell him aliens and the paranormal are real and show him the evidence, he'll believe it without question. He'll see that information and our job offer as a sign of trust, a reward for his good work, which is what he craves. I guarantee you that he'll accept, and his loyalty will be assured. And that's precisely why I'm concerned about losing him. If the NDD approaches him first and makes this offer, he'll take it, and then we'll have him working against us. He loves the feeling of being part of something important, something bigger. He won't care about the specifics of what they're doing, and even if he finds out, his loyalty will win out over any misgivings he might have.

So you want to bring him in because you're worried the opposition will get to him first?

To put it bluntly: yes.

Make the call.

pre:
Name: Abraham Hanson
Profession: FBI Field Agent

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 3
Constitution: 3
Intelligence: 2
Perception: 2
Willpower: 2

Life Points: 34
Endurance Points: 24
Speed: 12
Essence Pool: 15

Skills: 30/30

Acrobatics 1 (+2)
Bureaucracy 2 (+2)
Climb 1 (+1)
Dodge 3 (+3)
Driving (Car) 1 (+1)
Escape 1 (+1)
Guns (Handgun) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+1)
Martial Arts 4 (+8)
Notice 1 (+1)
Research/Investigation 1 (+1)
Running (Dash) 1 (+1)
Smooth Talking 1 (+1)
Surveillance 1 (+1)
Stealth 2 (+2)
Swimming 1 (+1)

Martial Arts:

Punch 4
Disarm 4
Roll With Blow 4
Break Free 1
Draw Pistol 1
Shoot 2
Grab 2
Choke 2
Break Neck 2
Trip 2

Qualities: 15/15

Fast Reaction Time (+2)
Influence (Law Enforcement) 1 (+1)
Nerves of Steel (+3)
Resources (Middle Class) (+2)
Status 1 (+1)

Pulling Strings:

Arrest Powers (+2)
FBI Forensic Laboratory Analysis (+1)
Fingerprinting (+1)
Quantico Training Facility (+2)

Drawbacks 10/10

Dependents (Wife and Child) (-3)
Emotional Problems (Anger, Humorless) (-3)
Honorable (Mild) (-1)
Obligation (Extreme) (-2)
Psychological Problems (Recklessness, Mild) (-1)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
:same:

• Locked thread