Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017
I might be receiving ana.... A Merc Wagon for the first time, what are the common problems with these pension mobiles, are there any forums that specifically tailored to these cars, and where tf can I get interior parts for this thing?

SO, this merc is in semi decent shape, it has ZERO TO LITTLE SURFACE RUST, aint that some poo poo. The interior is shot and looks like dogshit. I'll be replacing... well everything for the interior, dash, seats, some trim, headliner, lesbian carpet, and maybe the speakers. The exterior isn't too bad. It has a couple dents but it's repairable. Definelty swaping the 302 for a 351 with (maybe a c4 or an e4od) and a 3.73 rear w/LSD. Not trying to make it into a drag wagon, just want to make it more fun.

Can anyone help this hipster repair this granny spankwagon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017
Some of it's flaked away, but that woodgrain gave me a hard on the moment I saw it. I'm not too worried about the interior being 100% merc, as long as it matches/fits I could care less if it came out of a pinto. I'll post pics next time I'm with it.

Plus i do have a 4 piece band lol, I might transfer the tow package from my 95 bronco onto it. seems to have a better wheel length for towing than the bronc.

BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017

Breakfast Feud posted:

I have no idea where you're going to find a new interior for that car! Just came here to say you should put bigger tires on the back and give it some rake like that guy who has the century wagon did.

lol it does look pretty tits

BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017
@Seat Safety Switch,

Thanks for that tip, wtf is with ford and their electronics. I assumed with it being that old the wiring needs to be looked at, plus the owner said the engine does straight die if you go past 60 mph.
What trannys did these things have, aod right?

BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017
Goddamn, long story short I'm supposed to help the owner (old family friend) drive this thing to Florida from VA and move his belongings to the retirement home he's going into. With that being said, I'm assuming constant load on the alternator would send this wagon in flames the moment I got on the highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambiPowerBottom
Jun 19, 2017
Thanks man, what would I be looking out for when I inspect it, just frayed/exposed connections and all that?

• Locked thread