Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima and I have been talking about non-thunderdomed people in our mason chat this morning, I get why he took some time to build up steam on that vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Podima come ON man. This argument is incredibly weak. You're ascribing a thought process to a single word while explicitly ignoring the context of the word. Taste makes it clear from that message that he is willing to "risk a mislynch" to keep Pmom around because he wanted the experience of having the masonry in a temple game more than he wants to win the game. It doesn't have any implication of alignment in the post, it has the implication taste doesn't give a poo poo about the game at all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Similarly, you're defending the scummiest poster itt because he's your partner, so

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We love our scummy bedfellows and there's nothing wrong with it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Similarly, you're defending the scummiest poster itt because he's your partner, so

I'm also privy to his real time thoughts so I have a better understanding of where he's coming from here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Instead of casting aspersions as to my motives, max, address the content.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's coming from a wrong, unreasonable, place where the goal is to misrepresent? Oh, ok

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd be more willing to vote Fisk if the argument was literally "he cares more about his masonry than the game" because that is a better argument than using the word mislynch

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The mislunch argument? I have a bigger problem with you potentially being a dick about your wincon and ignoring Pmom as potentially scum.

Didn't you think Pmom was scummy? Do you think him and Podima are scum buds here, or that Scum Pmom would decide to thunderdome his own partner and put the possibility of losing scum to a day 1 vote at 50/50?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I'd be more willing to vote Fisk if the argument was literally "he cares more about his masonry than the game" because that is a better argument than using the word mislynch

Motherfucker don't scoop my argument.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

because pmom is my friend, I know his nature to do stupid poo poo to break games/take ball and go home extends beyond alignment. I honestly don't know if he's sincere or not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

The mislunch argument? I have a bigger problem with you potentially being a dick about your wincon and ignoring Pmom as potentially scum.

Didn't you think Pmom was scummy? Do you think him and Podima are scum buds here, or that Scum Pmom would decide to thunderdome his own partner and put the possibility of losing scum to a day 1 vote at 50/50?

tbf scum thunderdoming another scum in this game is not a bad strategy at all

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gun to my head, I'd say he's likelier not scum, because if he was he'd be having more fun trolling me about it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Even still, I signed up for this game to work in a masonry with my friend, and I'd rather take a risk lynching one of you than guess on Pmom even if I'd be right.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Even still, I signed up for this game to work in a masonry with my friend, and I'd rather take a risk lynching one of you than guess on Pmom even if I'd be right.

##vote Fist Not ok with that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

##vote Fist Not ok with that.

loving

##unvote
##vote Fisk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why? I'm not saying I'd vote you over obvious scum/cop result etc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If this isn't scum posturing, I think you're being blinded by bias.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mafia Dad: Not wanting to end your mason chat as your reason for not wanting to vote pmom either way ignores your wincon if you're town. I was uncomfortable last night with Podima mainly because he only talked about going out to eat and then sent me his drink list before going to bed, which lines up with his scum play from what I know. I was ready to come in and offer him up as a third option if he didn't start posting, but he did and we finally had a chance to discuss the game so I'm OK with him at the moment. But I have zero compunctions about getting rid of Podima if I think he's scum, as much as I would like to be in a mason chat with him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Stop scooping my explanations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Taste: I don't want to consider Pmom because I want to be in a masonry with him
Also Taste: Max defending Podima is obviously a bias.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Taste, what are your reads on other non-thunderdomed people?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Max do you think Podima is arguing in good faith?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

Mafia Dad: Not wanting to end your mason chat as your reason for not wanting to vote pmom either way ignores your wincon if you're town. I was uncomfortable last night with Podima mainly because he only talked about going out to eat and then sent me his drink list before going to bed, which lines up with his scum play from what I know. I was ready to come in and offer him up as a third option if he didn't start posting, but he did and we finally had a chance to discuss the game so I'm OK with him at the moment. But I have zero compunctions about getting rid of Podima if I think he's scum, as much as I would like to be in a mason chat with him.

Well, if I was inclined to think Pmom was scum more so than an idiot, this might be relevant.

Max posted:

Taste: I don't want to consider Pmom because I want to be in a masonry with him
Also Taste: Max defending Podima is obviously a bias.

Are... are you joking? The explicit point I'm making is that we're both affected by our masonries

Further the specific bias was your opinion of me, not Podima.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll bold this so it can't be talked around:

If I think Pmom is scum based on his posting, I will vote him. I'm just not gonna toss a vote out just hoping and wreck my masonry.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay taste I get that but otoh

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote pmom

I don't see how this is a town play
. Call me scum all you like but actively trying to set me up d1 is sus af

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or is the argument you're making there that the play is scummy, but the posting is not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a horribly anti town play. Really stupid and might waste the day. Out of another player I'd say it's dead to rights evidence.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Or is the argument you're making there that the play is scummy, but the posting is not

Yeah. I haven't picked up on insincerity or misrepresentation the way I have with podima

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah. I haven't picked up on insincerity or misrepresentation the way I have with podima

So when did you go from "this is sus as gently caress" to "gun to my head he's probably town"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

So when did you go from "this is sus as gently caress" to "gun to my head he's probably town"

the only thing that made me think he's scum was the challenge itself. Kudos to him if he's been able to keep it together as scum in all else but tbh I don't see that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

the only thing that made me think he's scum was the challenge itself. Kudos to him if he's been able to keep it together as scum in all else but tbh I don't see that.

Ok but when did your opinion shift.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

talking with him afterwards started it. we engaged on opop's post, talked about percentages, joked around. Slept on it, remembered a few games where he made big moves that didn't seem to benefit, and reread his posting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know he thought me making 2016 election jokes about our chatlog was me trying to throw dirt on him but it was just meant as pestering to do it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Taste, what are your reads on other non-thunderdomed people?

Cool I think that's a better explanation but now address this please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Max do you think Podima is arguing in good faith?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

Cool I think that's a better explanation but now address this please.

Has anyone posted? Like, I know Kashuno is in this game, and he's contributing, which is a plus. Bifauxnen seemed to cop out but I know shes Aus so I'm waiting to see what happens there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, Jamuraan. Strikes me as oddly fiery but I don't know if I'd say scum just yet.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes. He said he's going to explain it later so I'll let him do that and re-evaluate from there but we were both unhappy with Taste's "would rather go after Podima and Max" at a time when there wasn't much for him to think about us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see how you read Pod's posting today and see it as sincere town work. Maybe his mason chat is less opportunistic.

• Locked thread