Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##challenge silver snakes

I think taste is scum, challenging a team of two people I don't think will get dunked over him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Taste's reaction to my "confirming i'm vanilla town" post was to message me saying something like "wow, are you really vt, that sucks, we both are that's boring", which is a 100% insincere reaction. Anyone reacting sincerely wouldn't take my vt claim as being indicative of an actual claim~

##vote tremendous taste

Moatillata posted:

I'm just gonna say it. You two are adorable.

We aim to please.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why wouldn't I vote Podima or Max?

I mean, do so if you want. There's no reason to believe either is scum and both are more valuable to town than either taste or I.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Moatillata posted:

##vote podima

for lurking

thinking face emoji

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Town generally doesn't jump onto a challenge right away, but PMOM knows that and is probably counting on it.

confused face emoji

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Tbf scuttling the game is also consistent with scum pmom :grin:

:angel:

Max posted:

Pmom, you're allowed to post the Chatlog. Please do so, I want to see the reaction you're talking about.

you're not missing anything from what i've posted. that's really it~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I'd like to see the surrounding discussion, or if he said that and you just immediately jumped in here with that challenge.

yep

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

Hello Magnus, I am doing well, thanks for asking.

Who is Tremendous Taste? I'm assuming Fisk.

I think it's incredibly scummy to randomly challenge another team within the first 10 posts.

correct assumption

I'm non-randomly challenging my partner, not "randomly another team". I chose the team I did because it's made up of people that the dunk won't move onto.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

I think that's an incredibly scummy move and you could have easily just chosen 4 people who are all town with absolutely nothing more than a "hunch"

##vote Pmom

ok

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm trust the class can all spot the part of jamuraan's post where he doesn't believe i'm scum, but is voting me anyway.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Post the full logs, edit the meeting

the rest if the log isn't interesting tho

just me saying sorry you rolled scum, you saying this isn't my scum game, us trying to parse opop's post for meaning, and boring math

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

This transparency issue will dog you in November!!!!

i'll be happy to post the logs as soon as i'm no longer under audit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You're free to post interesting stuff if you think that's in there. I'm not interested in setting the precedent that all mason chat itg gets made public.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What's he got to hide 🤔🤔🤔

I mean, if that's what we're going to be doing

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry I guess I should have said "the other 3 people" could be town and you are scum.
But also if you're pulling this move as a townie, I think you are an idiot and are playing in a style detrimental to the town.

Why "if you're scum, you could have challenged townies" an interesting thought that makes sense and was worth posting, though?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What's he got to hide 🤔🤔🤔

So Fisk is simultaneously continuing to throw suspicion on me in the thread (this post, and the previous post where he voted me) and, in mason chat, trying to get to "let's vote out one of podima or max" instead

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

What I'm trying to say is, your play makes no sense, it's not helpful to the town, therefore making you anti-town. Whether you are scum is yet to be determined, but as of right now, you're a huge detriment to the town.

That's nice. We're not playing in the world in which I didn't issue the challenge, we're playing in the world in which I did. Whether or not it was anti-town isn't really relevant here, only whether or not I'm scum.

Do you think I'm scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

In what possible way does removing the ability for the rest of the town to make a thoughtful and reasoned challenge help the town?

In what possible way can you be even remotely close to any kind of assurance that your teammate is scum?

In what possible way are you playing a Pro-Town role right now?

Fisk came right out of the gate with two messages that were insincere and manipulative. He acted as if he believed my VT claim (why? why would that be the case?) and was disappointed that neither of us were scum.

Obviously he couldn't know that I'm not scum, and nothing I posted would have reassured him of that. So, he was bullshitting, because he's scum. This isn't a hard case to follow.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

I think you're scum because I'm voting you.

What's with the crocodile tears about my anti-town play being detrimental, then?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

It's not a hard case to follow, it just has absolutely no merit and it's chock full of anecdotes and meta.

It's a trash case from a trash player with trash ideas.

Time to take out the trash.

Oh man you're not a great scum player I guess you're a bit rusty. A slip + whatever this post is in your first ten posts is a bit harsh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

But I'm happy you've already figured out 2/4 scum in this game so quickly! /s

protip for next time: more "ugh this is annoying", less "i'm pissed that you, a townie, issued a challenge that contains scum within the first five minutes of the game"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's going to be fun watching your meltdown when i challenge you in the first five seconds of day two 🙏🏻

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

Also it's funny that you think I care about your opinion.

The only thing that upsets me is that in your little ego filled power move, you wasted our first day on your little garbage hunch.

So, again, you apparently think I'm a townie who made a bad move based on garbage reasoning, while also simultaneously voting for me because I'm scum.

🙃

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If I issued the challenge based on "a garbage hunch", then I'm wrong, not scum :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

You're not a very logical person.

Explain how scum me has a bad hunch about Jonathan Fisk's alignment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sweet dreams bb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

Pmom, you're the one claiming to be town.

I'm saying if you're town the following is true: you're a lovely townie, you wasted our day, your ego is a huge detriment to the town, you have no reasoning for any of your arguments, you're bussing your mason buddy, you potentially put up to 3 other townies in harms way, and in general you're just not being a good town player.

But I don't think you're town.

I think you're scum, so all of this makes sense in an attempt to sow discord and eliminate your teammate, after which you'll just go "WHOOPSIES GUESS I WAS WRONG OH WELL MOVING ON" and try to brush it under the rug like nothing happened.

the problems with this post are:

1. you've spent all your energy this game faking an anger at me (for being a trash player, etc) that presupposes i'm town.

2. coming out of the gate day 2 challenging you is going to be the precise opposite of brushing a hypothetical taste town flip under the rug and flying under the radar :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My mason buddy seems to think you're posting as if you think I'm town, do you think he's scummy for that opinion?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oops it looks like you dropped half of his post when quoting him, let me help you out with that. I'm sure you didn't mean to mislead.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You seem like you're trying to have it both ways, which sure, whatever

But he's either scum or bad town, not both

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You were snarling at me about logic earlier.

Would you agree that if I say A, and taste says (A & B), that means taste is saying A?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure, you've used words to call me scum, but your emotional energy in the game has been expended on calling me bad town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Let's play: does Jamuraan think I'm town or scum?

Jamuraan posted:

I think that's an incredibly scummy move and you could have easily just chosen 4 people who are all town with absolutely nothing more than a "hunch"

##vote Pmom

He thinks I could have chosen 4 people who were all town. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry I guess I should have said "the other 3 people" could be town and you are scum.
But also if you're pulling this move as a townie, I think you are an idiot and are playing in a style detrimental to the town.

Indeterminate.

Jamuraan posted:

What I'm trying to say is, your play makes no sense, it's not helpful to the town, therefore making you anti-town. Whether you are scum is yet to be determined, but as of right now, you're a huge detriment to the town.

He thinks I could very well be scum, but doesn't know, and it doesn't matter.

Jamuraan posted:

I think you're scum because I'm voting you.

Scum.

Jamuraan posted:

It's not a hard case to follow, it just has absolutely no merit and it's chock full of anecdotes and meta.

It's a trash case from a trash player with trash ideas.

Time to take out the trash.

Yikes. He seems really angry that I'm playing mafia badly and that I'm a bad player putting forward a misguided case. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Protip, Been playing longer than you and I don't need any help from a trash player like you.

I'm still a bad player :(. Town.

Jamuraan posted:

Also it's funny that you think I care about your opinion.

The only thing that upsets me is that in your little ego filled power move, you wasted our first day on your little garbage hunch.

He thinks that I wasted the town's first day on a garbage hunch.

I can only have a bad hunch if I'm town. (and, of course, if the day ends in my dunk and I'm scum, it's not possible for the day to be wasted)

Jamuraan posted:

When did I say you are town? I said you wasted our day. We all share the day.

Still can't waste the day if I'm scum and the day ends in my dunk. Town

Jamuraan posted:

In my opinion, bad town (in this game format) and scum are equally disastrous to town.

Doesn't matter.

Jamuraan posted:

Pmom, you're the one claiming to be town.

I'm saying if you're town the following is true: you're a lovely townie, you wasted our day, your ego is a huge detriment to the town, you have no reasoning for any of your arguments, you're bussing your mason buddy, you potentially put up to 3 other townies in harms way, and in general you're just not being a good town player.

But I don't think you're town.

I think you're scum, so all of this makes sense in an attempt to sow discord and eliminate your teammate, after which you'll just go "WHOOPSIES GUESS I WAS WRONG OH WELL MOVING ON" and try to brush it under the rug like nothing happened.
Scum.

Jamuraan posted:

I'm voting you. I called you scum. Stop trying to say I think you're town. I don't think you're town. That's the scummiest thing you've said so far.

I'm simply illustrating how, if I'm wrong about your alignment, I'm still right about you being anti-town.
Scum && Doesn't matter.

Final tally:
Town: 5
Scum: 3
Doesn't matter: 3
Interderminate: 1

Well, that's our show today! Join us tomorrow for another rousing edition of "Town or Scum?!?"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Gosh, imagine if you'd waited and actually played the game a bit before jeopardizing everything, you could have gone after jam now!

##vote pmom

I forgot how completely insufferable playing with pmom is and, though I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point, I genuinely don't care and if TNL PMs me and goes "hey FYI pmom is town this a legit pm" I'm still not moving that.

I'd hate to jeopardize the game's fun for you, I'm happy to ask TNL for a replacement.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Or maybe you'd like to replace if you're not going to have fun playing with me? I think Sandwolf wanted in, and it'd be better for someone who wants to play to get the spot. :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

moat has also been around and snipey~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Hey pmom good snipe please post content.

like how do you feel about Podima?

wtf is this jumping on me asking me to post content, like i haven't been

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

moat has like 4 game posts

yeah but two of them came after ~the fateful challenge~, one of which a complete non-sequitur vote on podima, another a sideline snipe at "oh look, they're fighting" without actually providing anything like a reasonable opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Great answer the question in the post pmom.

I'm getting breakfast. I probably won't answer it when I get back.

• Locked thread