Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In as a purple parrot :birddrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Bif, I choose you

:hfive:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Who among you will dare to ##challenge the moat?

I object, our team is clearly being discriminated against

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Town generally doesn't jump onto a challenge right away, but PMOM knows that and is probably counting on it.

My first thought was it did seem more genuinely town though - why would scum lock themselves in so soon on such a tiny scrap of a case?

Unless they're both scum trying to get an early bus on each other, of course. I'd rather vote Taste out of the two of them.

Would be nice to hear from Max and Pod first though. How's that dream team going?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok I think they're both scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm pretty sure he's scum at this point, I genuinely don't care and if TNL PMs me and goes "hey FYI pmom is town this a legit pm" I'm still not moving that.

God, between you posting this and Taste chatting about how he'd rather mislynch Pod or Max than successfully lynch a scum PMom on D1, does anybody actually wanna hit scum?

##vote Fisk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok I think they're both scum

Podima posted:

Unpack this one for me please, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

The whole thing feels like a ready-made slapfight in a can. At first I thought it would be a bit risky for a scum PMom to jump into a challenge that fast and lock all that attention onto himself making such a hasty stretch of a case. But it wouldn't be if that was the whole point. If they're both scum and wanting to look diametrically opposed right out the gate.

Now that I wake up and Fisk's trying to move the vote onto you (on the alleged "but no one would lynch them instead" team), it seems like an especially good scum gambit if it works!

Max posted:

I have zero compunctions about getting rid of Podima if I think he's scum, as much as I would like to be in a mason chat with him.

I find this very difficult to believe personally :v:

Pinterest Mom posted:

well i think podima is usually better than to think something that clearly isn't a scumslip actually is

I don't! You should've seen him casing me in the Klendu game!

Anyway, I think PMom and Fisk look scummier than Max and Pod, and Fisk looks scummier than PMom.

Btw here's the report on Moat: when he made the vote on Pod he did explicitly say in our chat that it was a joke just to get Pod annoyed. Which I believe was genuine. I was also hoping Pod and Max wouldn't coast through on no scrutiny whatsoever today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

what would you have done different that would have stopped me challenging

Guess he should have made some different chitchat when the game literally first opened? You sure jumped on it fast when you two are supposed to be super mason buds. And he turned it right back around on you just as fast, though he's walking it back by now.

I think it's more likely you're working together all along. (as scum)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gee this sure is a lot of "no see, as scum I would have done THIS" arguments

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Baller poo poo like that never happens.

Oh it doesn't? I thought that was Tastes whole deal though to be the Mafia gambit master operating 10 levels above all the plebs who need to be spoonfed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fisk... he seems a little jittery and all over the place. He's been friendly and engaging

:thunk:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think Fisk is the inevitable lynch for today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Comedic effect

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I scum cased you Fisk, but I guess that's just another burn on me, go on keep acting like nothing is wrong and you are above the fray

Moatillata posted:

I'm fine with us, I would like to face off against either Hal and kash or RF and Mr. f

RF and Mr F would be better. Ideal duel would be them vs whoever of PMom/Fisk remains.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hunt scum, not lurkers

If y'all really think those two are top scum candidates then fine but back it up

Mr F is a scummy lurker. That bit where he said Max and Pod were more worried about being lynched felt like overreaching to set a narrative.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Why Hal and I?

Prolly cause Moat thinks you're super scummy! I can kinda see it but I'm not as sure yet cause you always kind of sound this overeager anyway

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

This is absolutely what set my alarm bells off with Mags. His excuse for maybe issuing a challenge had RF been around to agree with it was just icing on the cake.

Sounds like the PM problem was legit at least. Would've been nice for him to post more in the meantime of course

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mooooat discord keeps freezing on me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Bif I don't really consider what you did casing, but maybe I missed something

I feel like you're oddly emotionally invested in my lynch which suggests scum to me

Oh no I've been puppetmastered

I'm mad

I'm so mad on the internet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Take a step back, I'm not making fun of you

Ok that actually does make me mad, at least own your drat persona

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PMom: "Fisk is scum, he's so scum I'm gonna challenge immediately after the game starts just to try and get him voted out. He's so scum I'm still voting him even"

Fisk: "No way YOU'RE the scum for calling me scum"

Me: "hmm maybe BOTH of you are right

PMom+Fisk in unison: "omg how could you possibly think that you're so stupid that's garbage!!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I mean man it'd really suck to do that gambit for nothing right, is that why I'm the one who's getting criticised the most for voting you out of all these other people?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In fact, even if PMom is town and annoyed that I believe they're a both scum, PMom should be quite happy that I'm voting Fisk first, but nope, PMom was more worried about discrediting me for daring to suggest it's both of them:

Pinterest Mom posted:

keep loving that chicken

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PMom you are still voting Fisk, do you still believe Fisk is scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey guess what, so do I and I think you are less likely out of you two to be scum!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hell, I will tell you what max is thinking, without his consent. He knows it is a bad read, and that I am town.

Max hasnt even been talking about you for like 3 pages though

Isn't voting you right now either did I miss something

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

I literally hate this duel and also this is a plurality game so I'm not worried about making the numbers happen.

Oh right I forgot the plurality bit! So we don't even need to bother hammering ever

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand why you think I have no interest in this game? I've been engaged, giving opinions, making things happen.

If you want to vote for me, you should come up with a reason I'm scum, not pretending that you're doing it to get me out of a game I'm not playing in, because I'm very clearly playing in this one.

Yeah I didn't like that post from Kash. It even had "honestly" in it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've answered to my satisfaction.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

gee who would've loving guessed. Dumb as gently caress.

:lol: why didn't you leave your vote in a better place then Kash, we didn't need you to hammer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

because I wanted it to be over

couldn't even try and put up an argument for PMom or Pod instead? If it was that obvious that Fisk was town?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like he made a lot of arguments for Pod actually

I mean at the end, instead of hammering, duh.

But instead he said he was "cooling" on Pod.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Yes, I started to calm down a bit on pod but don't act for a loving second like I didn't push a case on pod or why I thought fisk was town

Nice try at putting words in my mouth, I'm asking why, if it's "Dumb as gently caress" to lynch Fisk, you didn't try and argue for Pod or PMom instead. The fact that you were pushing for Pod so hard before makes it all the more odd, actually.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Even as I was cooling on pod I said he was my vote for the day, people were so convinced Taste being an rear end in a top hat, which he literally is in every loving game he plays, is some scum tell that I was screaming endlessly at a wall of idiocy

except Pod didn't stay your vote for the day. Gee, for something you feel this passionately about, you never even bothered to phrase it this way or argue this angle till now? That people were only voting Taste cause he was acting like an rear end in a top hat?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jamuraan posted:

I had your back, buddy. Sorry your mason buddy bussed you on literally nothing.

I'm also not content with how many people jumped on that boat with also little to no reasoning.

Madness I tell you.

Hey do you still think PMom is scum btw, unlike Kash you stood your ground there

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. F! posted:

Your so wrong

no u

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Bif - do you still think PMom is scum?

I still feel kinda suss on him, yeah. I thought it made more sense if they were scum setting up a gambit on D1 and PMom was getting all mad at me for spoiling it. But with Fisk as town it's still weird how he was all defensive at me about thinking they were both scummy even though I wasn't even voting for PMom.

Kash has my attention way more now though.

As for who I'd like to see challenged today, I think Kash/Hal vs PMom would be great.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Today looks like it's gonna be a good day!

Sandwolf posted:

We've just recently connected, he told me to look at PMom, and also mentioned he was purposely overreacting. I don't know if he wanted me to reveal that or not here but I think it's a point for Jammy, who *may* just have a bit of tunnel vision. Like I said, I think Pmom acted rashly but D1 stagnates, might as well do something like this on a hunch.

I've mentioned the same to Jammy in private communication.

One thing I've been looking back at now is Jam never bothered to corroborate this and say "yes, it is just as Sandwolf said, I was indeed overreacting on purpose" (to presumably try and prod more reactions outta PMom or something)

so uh, Jam is that right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's not weird that he was defensive about it, it was just A Bad Take :angel:

I thought it was weird how YOU were defensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!