Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

hosed up telling them to sign up with a LOSER while MAFIA SUPERSTARLORD MAESTRO Kashuno does not have a teammate yet

I'll roll with ya bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why wouldn't I vote Podima or Max?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am enjoying this performance

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to hear the funny story about taste's friend before I can go on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's a simple laugh, but a super CTR friend that moved to volunteer for Hil did the same for Ossoff and now holds two Ls

Your friend should get better at Crash Team Racing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

P.S. Hal is ignoring my question to him about if he is scum or not pretty effed up

Oh sorry, no I'm not scum. Are you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah Pmom way to suck the fun out

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean Fisk making a joke about VT in a game where VT is the only non-scum option is sorta awkward I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Notable that Taste used the phrase 'mislynching' there.

Go on... why did you find this notable?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Hal Incandenza 9
Moatillata 8
Bifauxnen 6
Mr. F! 4
Retro Futurist 4
votefinder 2
areyoucontagious1
Sandwolf 1

:sad:

!!!!

Easy cowboy, game is young

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Oh OK so what do you think about anything at all.

I think pineapple on pizza is alright.

Gamewise, I think on today's vote it is between Fisk and Podima for me. PMom was rash but in character and nothing he has said has seem scummy, just truculent and difficult. But his calling out of Jam was legit and doesn't seem fake at all.

You seem ok so far, pretty much null at this point.

Fisk... he seems a little jittery and all over the place. He's been friendly and engaging but mostly he's just spinning his wheels and telling us how much he wants to be a masonbro and well yeah he'd get rid of pmom but sadly he will be forced to murder possibly innocent town against his own will blah blah blah rubs me the wrong way

Podima weirded me out by trying to force a read based off a line that clearly wasn't intended the way it was being spun. Posting more recently is stronger though, so I lean fisk right now.

Of the non-possibilities for today I don't have much yet. Kashuno is being weird but what he posted is also like our entire conversation so I don't have much outside of the thread to go on. I have been pretty busy so far today so we haven't been able to engage much. I also think he's a little hasty with his callouts of posting since we aren't even 24 hours in and maybe people have work or school still but hey can't hurt to try and get people to post more I suppose.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

I'll call this, which games did you remember PMom doing that from?

Ah the classic "show me which game!"

Who can remember that stuff... PMom definitely is the type who will do something "big" that doesn't fit into accepted town play, etc... though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

If someone is given the chance to thunderdome at the start of day 1, they will do it.

This is my... 6th or so temple game and yeah it feels like D1 always starts this way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

What's wrong with asking the question Podima asked?

MMmmmmm it's not terrible if Pod is convinced Fisk is completely making that up to further his point, which perhaps is the case. In general it's a lame thing to ask, especially if the person has 100+ games. It's a tactic I think scum would use to derail something because it's hard for someone to instantly point to a game and then it still boils down to something that fairly subjective so very rarely will "show me" lead to anything conclusive anyway.

Again, if Pod is convinced that Fisk is just completely making it up that's one thing, but I think the general consensus from anyone who has played regularly with Pmom is that this isn't way out of his character even if it isn't easy to come up with an example right away.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean, I've played in all my games, and my sense is that "he [makes] big moves that didn't seem to benefit" is..... really off base. I'm typically a very conservative player - I don't fake claim, I like for people to not use their powers stupidly, things like that.

Like, the two examples taste came up with were... a game where I got demoralized as scum because it was unwinnable, asked to be replaced out, and just stopped posting, and a game I sabotaged for out-of-game reasons. Neither is a big move.

That's why I put "big" in quotes originally. It's more that you generally disdain what's considered "optimal" play in favor of doing whatever the hell you feel like and tend to brush off anyone who calls you out on it. Like I don't feel like what you did in this game was going against how you normally play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

I actually still havent heard from retro in Mason chat

This sounds like every iteration of Team Hopop in previous games

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it's more likely you're working together all along. (as scum)

Baller poo poo like that never happens.

I assumed they were just doing it for the reaction in the beginning but now the way it petered out it does just seem like it just went down like they said it did.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

I feel like max and podima are far more worried about being lynched than either pmom or fisk

Podima for sure, but what has Max done to make you feel that way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Would you accept mean and engaging?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

I don't disagree with Taste's assertion about PMom's gameplay - I'm challenging its genuineness as part of his described thought process for flipping from PMom as scum to PMom as not scum.

The fact that it took this long for him to answer what those '[remembered] few games where he made big moves that didn't seem to benefit' were is what I'm pointing at here.

Yeah I dunno this still just sounds like trying to force in your narrative after the fact

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Podima

Why would Fisk be inevitable?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You wiseguys

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

I think, Ttaste is a good guy.

Yeah he's swell but why do you think he is town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm has your masonchat since the early incident made you feel this stronger?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The best (worst) part of this is that JF claims to have joined the game just to talk to PM in a masonry.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The latter

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

couldn't even try and put up an argument for PMom or Pod instead? If it was that obvious that Fisk was town?

I feel like he made a lot of arguments for Pod actually

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is the suspicion on Kash based just on the fact that he hammered Fisk? We haven't talked a whole lot in the mason chat until recently, but he has been giving me pretty town vibes in there. He's making reads across the whole game, not just the current challenge and we basically had the same thoughts on Podima before we even talked about it in masonchat.

I got the sense from him he was just frustrated with how the game was going yesterday and just voted fisk for the sake of making the game better since we were drowning in that dumb argument between pmom and fisk. It seemed Fisk was inevitable at that point so yeah. Kash is good scum, but I don't see the way his thoughts went down in our chat as scum with a big plot to eventually mislynch fisk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kash definitely maintained that he thought fisk and pmom were both town in our chat and then basically got sick of no one listening to him and those two posting and hammered. Our chat played out like the thread basically.

He definitely wasn't trying real hard to discourage me from voting JK and/or voting Podima, but he also didn't have to because I felt Podima was worse than Fisk although I thought they could both be scum potentially.

I guess I felt like Fisk was pretty inevitable at that point too so I don't see what he supposedly gained as scum unless you think he was protecting Podima after bussing all day?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

When did Kash say he cooled on pod?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm working on my mega-response

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys apologies I had to work most of the last 24 hours unexpectedly, so I haven't thought much about today or talked to Kash at all, I have to sleep a bit but tomorrow I am off and will be active again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi all I am back finally, sorry about that.

I see nothing has really happened in my absence

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think my vote today is ##vote Sandwolf

Dude challenges early because he is so fired up, but all he has is that he didn't like the Kash hammer. Other than that he's basically checked out for the whole day besides explaining why he felt like he HAD to get this challenge in early (didn't want to choose between Pmom and Jam). His actions also make suspicious of Pmom since the challenge seemed solely to prevent Pmom from being on the block, but that is more of a stretch. Town sandwolf still isn't a prolific poster but at least he puts in effort.

Jammy was a little flustered under the Pmom attack on D1 but since then feels pretty town to me. He seemed genuinely concerned that Pmom was hurting the town. I am not the biggest fan of the "this game is dead, just kill me" thing today but that also isn't out of character from what I remember of playing with him. I think the Kash vote is dumb but he's probably also being influenced by sandwolf.

Kashuno still hasn't done anything to make me think he's scum other than a frustrated hammer that I don't find that bad at all. We haven't talked much still in masonchat but that's on me as much as anyone. As I said earlier, his tone and thoughts mirror what he's said in the thread and generally we see things the same way. He hasn't particularly tried to influence my vote and I don't have a scum feel from him at all.

Tomorrow I would like to see a challenge involving the Bif/Moat and/or the RF/MR. F teams because I feel there are at least two scum in that group and maybe more. I don't have a good feeling about any of those people except maybe Bif (the rest, to be fair, have also barely posted)

I will be around until deadline today and plan to talk with Kash some more

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anyway...

I've looked a pmom more and I really don't see scum there so I may not be right about sandwolf trying to protect pmom, but I still don't like how the challenge went down and how little Sandwolf has backed up his reasoning for going at Kash.

Nothing Podima has done today has really changed my suspicion there, I still see a lot of questions for questions sake that don't seem too coherent or focused on much. Max still seems pretty town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

None of these people are on the chopping block today

Also alot of town calls with nothing else

I talked about the people on the chopping block in the post before along with other people I found suspect.

Also in the post you quoted, I was voting Podima yesterday so you can assume that if my feeling haven't changed I still think they are scum.

Nice way to try and throw shade though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Cutting it close here, Sandwolf

Sandwolf has been jetsetting around the pacific were lucky he ever shows up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hal's vote also seems pretty suss, come back from a gap in play and creates momentum for another player who has slowly been pointed at in thread.

I don't think Kash is scummy and so it comes down to you or Jam and he had content that even you agree is town and you have basically said nothing, how is this vote suspicious?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

loving why would Jamuraan go digging for logs that paint neither of us in a negative light? It's not scum behavior.

I love that he was going to tell all of us to not vote you. That's true masonbros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Pmom: Gets a free pass for challenging his teammate out of the gate and being AFK literally the rest of the game

Bif: Lots of bad reasoning, constant scum tells. Was COMPLETELY ONBOARD challenging Kash and Hal after D1 but suddenly switches to me when the challenge actually arises. 100% not honest

Retro: NOT EVEN loving PLAYING THE GAME - Just look at his loving posting and tell me he's not scum

Max: I have no idea what he's even thinking

Kashuno: I understand him voting anyone but himself so there's nothing suspect about his vote, but he is the scummiest of any of the choices today. The fact that some people "dont see it" is incredibly scummy. We all know his actions this game have been less than honest and certainly not good for the town.

Podima: NOT EVEN loving PLAYING THE GAME

Hal: NOT EVEN loving PLAYING THE GAME

#1 Da Best

• Locked thread