Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a lot of money to put into a joke just for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Oh boy, I tried to cash out on Winminer into Bitcoin for the first time (been using all the other options happily thus far) and lets just say dont ignore the 3 separate pages of warnings about network delays and extremely high fees. It was literally $7, at the lowest, for a $13 payout and I dont see that confirming anytime soon.

woops!

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Yeah, so far that seems like a big limitation on Winminer vs NiceHash--with NiceHash you could get paid directly in BTC without having to go through the transfer shenanigans, making it a lot easier to ride the wave of valuation.

Of course, now everyone's Nicehash values are $0, so...

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

1080ti Finally paying up near nicehash's results. Time to turn it into amazon gift cards I guess! $3.75 a day! woop!

Looks like they are charging me a dollar for the transfer? They also said it's a manual procedure and to check my email in 5 minutes. I'll keep ya'll posted.

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 16, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Wasn't one of the Nicehash guys also a known scammer/criminal or am I misremembering

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jago posted:

1080ti Finally paying up near nicehash's results. Time to turn it into amazon gift cards I guess! $3.75 a day! woop!

Looks like they are charging me a dollar for the transfer? They also said it's a manual procedure and to check my email in 5 minutes. I'll keep ya'll posted.

same, im getting consistent ok daily results finally.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Jago posted:

The Amazon card has worked for me twice now. Yeah they charge $1 because they did have to manually process it... but Amazon will sell bulk gift card buyers at like 5% markdown, so they could probably not charge the $1 and still break even, I might complain at them and see if they'll get rid of that.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Spatial posted:

Wasn't one of the Nicehash guys also a known scammer/criminal or am I misremembering

If they weren't before, they probably are now!

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Bloody Antlers posted:

I was thinking of doing something like creating an old school bitcoin faucet site that looks like it has been chilling in some corner of the internet since 2012 unnoticed, which pays out like $100 per user in coins every 24 hours. After nerds notice it's fully functional & it goes viral, I would add a captcha that uses characters from the Voynich Manuscript. Then I'd harvest an image of the captcha presented to the user, as well as the response given. The final version of the site would just be a transcript of these attempts to approximate Voynich in QWERTY.

:wth:

please do the needful

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

1gnoirents posted:

Oh boy, I tried to cash out on Winminer into Bitcoin for the first time (been using all the other options happily thus far) and lets just say dont ignore the 3 separate pages of warnings about network delays and extremely high fees. It was literally $7, at the lowest, for a $13 payout and I dont see that confirming anytime soon.

woops!

Bitcoin fundamentally can't handle the traffic it's experiencing right now and that's unlikely to change very soon. Reasonable answer: cash out in gift cards or some other fiat adjacent thing that has actual utility value. Less reasonable answer: cash out in LTC or some other coin that can actually scale without making GBS threads itself.

god bitcoin is really terrible.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

And it's nearing $20k/coin! To the moooooooon!.

What? Space suits? Why would we need those?

Seriously, though, Nvidia needs to drop their next round of gaming cards soon so I can cash out my buttcoins for something nice before the bubble inevitably pops once people realize how fundamentally crippled BTC really is as a transactional system.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Bitcoin fundamentally can't handle the traffic it's experiencing right now and that's unlikely to change very soon. Reasonable answer: cash out in gift cards or some other fiat adjacent thing that has actual utility value. Less reasonable answer: cash out in LTC or some other coin that can actually scale without making GBS threads itself.

I was avoiding it but for the reasons Dr Dork said I wanted it back into BTC ... but into the others it goes. Bitcoin keeps rising but at those rates id rather use litecoin for deposits and move that to BTC later, at least it can acrue a bit sitting in altcoins even if its been remarkably flat for a few days. I hate to admit it but ive ... stopped cashing out immediately :sob:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Spatial posted:

yeah, the founder was convicted and jailed for hacking, and running a botnet. This didn't come out until after the hack of course - his dad is the owner of record of the company.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DrDork posted:

And it's nearing $20k/coin! To the moooooooon!.

What? Space suits? Why would we need those?

Seriously, though, Nvidia needs to drop their next round of gaming cards soon so I can cash out my buttcoins for something nice before the bubble inevitably pops once people realize how fundamentally crippled BTC really is as a transactional system.

I’ll be honest, the 3 or 4 times I’ve paid with bitcoin, it was extremely fast and not a hassle - Steam, a couple of amazon cards, and iTunes credit.

It’s soooooo weird that cashing OUT of exchanges is so difficult though, what’s THAT about am I right 🤔

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Took about an hour and a half to get my gift card email. One click add on Amazon, nice.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

1gnoirents posted:

woops!

PayPal or Ethereum my man, bitcoin is broken as a payment network right now.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
:getin:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

PayPal or Ethereum my man, bitcoin is broken as a payment network right now.

And kind of always was; its design is not conducive to usage

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Paul MaudDib posted:

(why are people so uptight about the term bcash?)

People might get the idea that it's not the REAL bitcoin and is just another lovely altcoin.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
I'm certain that all of you guys will go back to NiceHash the moment it reopens, no matter how shady it is.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Senso posted:

I'm certain that all of you guys will go back to NiceHash the moment it reopens, no matter how shady it is.

I've gotten multiple Amazon gift cards with WinMiner, $/day seems to finally be hear NiceHash now, there's no reason to ever go back to NiceHash unless:

a) They also do a very low payout option (like $20 Amazon gc, or cash out to Litecoin at $10 or something)

or

b) The was a rumor that only the money in their Nicehash wallets were hacked but payout balances were safe... if that was the case I'd jump back on just long enough to get that $120 payout I was about to get then leave it forever. I'm not holding my breath though.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Run this application made by a guy convicted of creating/running botnets, and in exchange I get $2/day? I don't see why not!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Most people will yeah, it was too simple and brainless. Like right now I have to switch back to XMR from ETN on my amd hardware, ZEC is more or less still fine for my Nvidia cards. It’s time you don’t need to spend with NiceHash, and occasionally they bid the poo poo out of some new coin well past direct mining profits.

I’ll let you guys test out NiceHash though.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

Run this application made by a guy convicted of creating/running botnets, and in exchange I get $2/day? I don't see why not!

I'll do it... I don't give a fuuuuuuck

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So how many of you guys that were running it reformatted in the past week or however long it's been?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Who cares? I'm sure something in my house is already part of a botnet, why else would I pay for 50/50 bandwidth?

edit:
I'm now investing in bitcoin. I am not going to take the hit on my 20 dollars in BTC that was 7 bucks a little while ago. Stupid NIcehash "hack". Maybe it'll turn into $100!

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 17, 2017

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Does anybody really know how GDAX fees work because its confusing as hell, though on the face of it vastly better than Coinbase (the same company too). It took months but the temptation to day trade has won, and Coinbase fees and spot prices are total bullshit for that even though I made plenty to cover discrepancies (% wise) but its too hard to swallow.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

quote:

Service coming back soon!

NiceHash is coming back. Safer, stronger, better.

Dear miners:

The support we have received from our community during this crisis has been immense. We are truly moved by the tens of thousands of messages from our community of miners. We understand why everyone is upset, and we are truly sorry.

We want you to start earning money again as soon as possible. We are taking all the necessary steps to re-establish our systems with the highest possible levels of security to contain and defeat any possible future attacks.

Although we initially stopped the service for 24 hours, it turned out we require more time. Good news is that we are in the final stages of a rebuilding NiceHash into the most robust and secure marketplace for hashing power.

Your bitcoins were stolen and we are working with international law enforcement agencies to identify the attackers and recover the stolen funds. We understand it may take some time and we are working on a solution for all users that were affected.

If you have any information about the attack, please email us at tip@nicehash.com. We are giving BTC rewards for the best information received. You can also join our community page about the attack on reddit

Please follow our social media channels for latest updates.

Meanwhile follow us on:

Facebook Twitter VK Reddit

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Your coins stolen, not ours lol

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
:laugh: You guys are never seeing your balances again, I already wrote this guy off.

[2017-12-06 02:26:22] [INFO] [SOCKET] Received: {"method":"balance","value":"0.00522501"}

fakedit: ETN over 400 satoshis again after difficulty plummetted :siren: I was telling you guys this is the poo poo to mine

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cryptocurrency is scam or be scammed.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

How much are you getting mining ETN and what hardware are you running? I tried it out but I was getting errors on one rig and inexplicably low hashrates on another so I wanna know if it's worth the hassle.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
All you guys are using Nvidia cards so I guess :shrug:

I'm making $30+ per day, until crypto crashes

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Risky Bisquick posted:

All you guys are using Nvidia cards so I guess :shrug:

I'm making $30+ per day, until crypto crashes

Is that with just the 5x RX580 rig or do you have more rigs running?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New thread title: Mining Riggs Boson.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Large Hashing Collider

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MaxxBot posted:

Is that with just the 5x RX580 rig or do you have more rigs running?

I have 8 GPUs and a cpu mining

Alzion
Dec 31, 2006
Technically a '06
So I've been messing around with a few algorithm switching programs lately and have finally settled on one.

MultiPoolMiner seems to be the closest program I can find to the NicehashMiner that isn't hopelessly buggy or rip you off. :siren: Warning, some setup required :siren:

Downloads:
MultiPoolMiner: Link
Excavator: Link
MPM Files I've customized: Link

Setup
  • [Download MultiPoolMiner and unzip it to your directory of choice.
  • Download Excavator, unzip the file and move the "excavator" folder to \bin\ directory
    a) If you've done this correctly the excavator.exe file path should be \MultiPoolMinerV2.7.0.2\Bin\excavator\excavator.exe
  • Replace the 3 of the files in the root MultiPoolMiner folder with the ones I've customized.
  • Edit your .bat start files (Please do not alter the algorithm list)
    a) If you want to use Zpool replace the wallet code in the Start-Zpool.bat with your own. Also, change other settings in the .bat that don't match your rigs setup.
    b) If you want to use MiningPoolHub replace the username in the Start-MiningPoolHub.bat with your MPH username. Also, change other settings in the .bat that don't match your rigs setup. You can register at MPH here
  • Double click on your customized .bat file to start the program. It will start benchmarking then move to mining automatically once its finished benchmarking.

Changelog
  • I've noticed in the official release of this program their is an undocumented mandatory donation mining period of at least 10 minutes a day. The donation code also had a bug in the implementation that could have you donating your hashing power for longer than intended. To remedy this I've disabled the donation code in my version of the .ps1 file.
  • The original .bat files had incorrect algorithm lists that could have the program spiting your hashing power among multiple pool hubs and increasing the time it took for you to get a payout. I've fixed this by customizing the .bat algorithm lists to their respective miningpools.

Hopefully I haven't made these instructions too confusing. Good luck mining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what needs to be edited in the .bat files? Anyone who can do it on their own is already using it and doesnt need the guide.

This is not even close to a valid substitute for a one click algo switching miner that we are used to.

If you really want to set up multipoolminer, use an actual step by step guide like this
https://sia.today/48/miningpoolhub-with-multipoolminer-multialgo-auto-exchange'

It worked for me without issue on a nvidia system and an amd system. It converts all the shitcoins being mined into litecoin automatically which i transfer to coinbase and get USD for.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 19, 2017

• Locked thread