Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i kinda wish that updated nvidia thing posted earlier was linux terminal compatible :( I have a spare 970 in my server at 70% intensity that I need to find a good algorithm for (since it cant change on its own, and the dual mining would seem nice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
is there anything that uses seti or folding stuff as the algorithm for mining? it seems stupid to be wasting energy on pointless hashes when you can at least get SOMETHING tangible from it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
you probably need to gently caress with bios and memory clocks which is kinda hosed for me since it seems that even a cursory over clock for me (like +50) makes my card unstable to oh well.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
WTF even is WAVES? like a 'make-ur-own-bitcoin' thing?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
why the heck don't they just move to a model where if your ip address or whatever has a background blockchain program running, that's considered proof of stake? thats what i thought it was at first at any rate, since itd actually not use the energy output of a small nation.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I'd be willing to bet its an instantaneous, divide by less-than-one thing, though i dont care enough to guess at what exactly it was

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Seriously, how are you people getting such great memory overclocks??? On my 1070, going even +75mhz makes the card cranky. Is there like some dumb memory coeff. that I'm not taking into account??

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

craig588 posted:

How's your card cooling? Memory doesn't put off much heat at all, but the PCB conducts heat away to the memory chips pretty well and they are temperature sensitive. I find I'm able to get a few hundred more MHz by upping the GPU cooling.

Memory seems to be quite sufficient. I have a stock EVGA SC2 cooler, and temps stay around high 60s, very low 70s. My memory clocks are at 4050mhz so I doubt theres a multiplier I'm not taking into account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
did prices finally crash? Or too much to hope?

• Locked thread