Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I set my (msi gaming x) 1070's power limit to 70 and temp limit to 70 because I don't want this stupid thing burning out on me buttmining. Clocked up +75 which is 25 less than what's stable for this power limit so I don't have border cases loving me over.

Currently "making" .011 BTC a week. I hope I can at least buy a new PSU before the bubble pops.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I only use my Pc for games

Now I use it most for mining

Im thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch with the profits of my tricked out gaming PC that I never use for gaming

Living la video loca
:shepface::respek::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

It was a flash crash. Somebody dumped a bunch of Eth, causing the price to crater. Then it quickly rebounded. This had no effect on anyone holding Eth or mining Eth.

Hilariously though, some people were margin trading eth. The crash triggered various margin calls and stop loss type things, so the margin traders were wiped out.

Using your spare GPU cycles to mine is all fun and games, and if it all goes to poo poo won't cost you more than some wasted electricity. Do not attempt to margin trade on unregulated exchanges.
:discourse:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MaxxBot posted:

Make sure you're running that modified version of nicehash with ewbf as well.
am i supposed to run it without benchmarking it? the benchmark wouldn't ever validate

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes. That is exactly what is happening.

:circlefap:

zcash is a month behind but it's gonna happen soon, at least i'll get that new PSU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

how many $110 1060 6GBs are we looking at in a few months

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

My only disappointment is that the insanity did not cross over to 1080 and ti cards simply because they were 25% less efficient per watt for mining butts

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MaxxBot posted:

Seeing more 1080 Ti models out of stock on nowinstock than usual so people are probably actually doing this :lol:
:yum:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I hope to buy a 750 watt G2/G3 :kiddo:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I got 50 dollars in gift cards for the cost of 11 dollars of california electricity and at this point I don't feel like bothering :effort:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the true currency we mine....is self-directed schadenfreude

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Russian Fentanyl sales are gonna take a huge hit from this

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11739/asus-announces-b250-expert-mining-motherboard-19-expansions-slots

quote:

The reason for a shorter ROI here is the ability to use fewer parts for a given amount of graphics cards used. In other words, the outgoing cost will be less due to fewer systems needed to be built. Only one Motherboard, CPU, SSD, and set of RAM is required for 19 GPUs, saving money and lowering initial costs. According to ASUS, users are currently only able to utilize up to 16 cards due to a limit in GPU drivers. This is accomplished by using a mix of eight AMD and eight NVIDIA GPUs. Late in 2017, a new driver from AMD is supposed to launch enabling the full complement of 19 GPUs the motherboard can handle. When using more than 13 cards, the NVIDIA GPUs will need to use mining specific (P106 based) GPUs.

Of the 19 expansions slots, 18 are PCIe 3.0 x1, along with one full-length PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. ASUS separates the slots in three groups each with a dedicated 24-pin assigned to it for power. The top 24-pin covers slots 1-7 (includes the full-length slot), the middle header 8-13, with the last covering 14-19. There are also three Molex connectors for additional slot power. Along with separated power sources, each PCIe slot has its own dedicated capacitor to condition the voltage going to GPU.

lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

Some of the really early 1070s have absolutely atrocious memory that'll just up and fail after around +200 MHz. You might have one of those cards.
like mine :suicide:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The promised golden age of $500 1080tis soon maybe??? :prepop:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Don Lapre posted:

Speculation is that if USDT collapses its gonna take BTC with it. Like 50-80% freefal
don't worry someone's gonna shovel 11 million into the coffers of the russian and chinese mobs to stop some of the bleeding

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qynb-f79BuE

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

gently caress hopefully this blows over and it recovers at least a bit, I still have like $30 tied up in there. And it kind of fucks with my plan of paying off my 1070 with mining :v:

someone just bought 1000 bitcoin at 9k, it's going back up UP UP

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/964241840923799552

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I didn't know anyone made decent power supplies at that rating. That's... interesting. SLI isn't a thing anymore, so that means that if mining evaporates, so does the entire market for those things.
People will still try to overclock Skylake-X.

• Locked thread