Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Bernie would have won this easily. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Ossoff got ratfucked by the right wing media machine basically painting him as an anarchist terrorist sympathizer who helped spot for that guy who shot up the baseball field in Virginia last week. I understand why Ossoff ran a moderate campaign, but goddamn it's inexcusable not to swing for the fences in the last week if your opponent has Limbaugh and Hannity bleating like demonic sheep the last week of the election that you're out to murder every Republican you can find in their retirement homes.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Something that close and I would laugh so hard. It would just be so appropriate.

Recounts as far as the eye can see, if that were the case.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

i audibly lol'd

dj drama is EXTREMELY good at spelling

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HannibalBarca posted:

Ossoff got ratfucked by the right wing media machine basically painting him as an anarchist terrorist sympathizer who helped spot for that guy who shot up the baseball field in Virginia last week. I understand why Ossoff ran a moderate campaign, but goddamn it's inexcusable not to swing for the fences in the last week if your opponent has Limbaugh and Hannity bleating like demonic sheep the last week of the election that you're out to murder every Republican you can find in their retirement homes.

Softball shooter should've shot Limbaugh, Hannity, et. al. instead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
KarenHandelchugspiss

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
A close result is good for democrats no matter what, a close result is good for democrats no matter what, a close result is good for democrats no matter what...

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

HannibalBarca posted:

Promising the moon to the left when the right is painting you as soft on security gets you nowhere.

Just ask Corbyn.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Chilichimp posted:

KarenHandelchugspiss

:yeah:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

LegendaryFrog posted:

I want this election to be over tonight, bc i don't think i could take another 6 months of endless recounts

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

A close result is good for democrats no matter what, a close result is good for democrats no matter what, a close result is good for democrats no matter what...

This is false

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

boner confessor posted:

please enjoy this threads anthem as you :f5: the nytimes page all night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGTgXu8v8w

Gotta admit the only reason why I know this song exists is because girl talk sampled it

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

That was true with Kansas and Montana.

It's not the case here.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
In reality, this election is unlikely to mean much bc Ossoff is almost assured to lose in '18.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

axeil posted:

That was true with Kansas and Montana.

It's not the case here.

What? The margins against the democrats were loving enormous.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Aves Maria! posted:

In reality, this election is unlikely to mean much bc Ossoff is almost assured to lose in '18.

The point isn't to have a barely-democrat in office, it's to send a message to the people voting on healthcare.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

HannibalBarca posted:

almost as if the gop will paint you as a communist no matter how you run, so running as a moderate is pointless

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

LegendaryFrog posted:

In a 5-4 decision with a clause saying this does not form a precedent....

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Petr posted:

The point isn't to have a barely-democrat in office, it's to send a message to the people voting on healthcare.

a slim victory/loss isn't going to be the thing that stops ahca. if that were the case, the town halls would've stopped it cold.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Wrap it up Ossaffailures.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/877316384644050945

This is AmericanPolitics.txt

quote:

Georgia Secretary of State Bryan Kemp reports that estimated voter turnout for the special election will exceed 242,000 voters. Kemp's office estimates that there will be record turnout of registered Republicans in Georgia's sixth congressional district. Democratic turnout is also high, but Kemp was unable to confirm if it would exceed previous records.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Well looks like John Osloss has lost, time to report to your local detention center.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JeffersonClay posted:

Did you just summon a close result and not bother specifying a narrow victory?

BOO THIS MAN

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Aves Maria! posted:

a slim victory/loss isn't going to be the thing that stops ahca. if that were the case, the town halls would've stopped it cold.

Astoundingly bad political analysis.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Tercio posted:

almost as if the gop will paint you as a communist no matter how you run, so running as a moderate is pointless

or he's running as a moderate because...he's a moderate

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Aves Maria! posted:

Town halls don't cost seats. Only election results matter.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm still holding out hope that Handel wins with a ludicrously hacked vote total, like, 200%

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Arturo Ui posted:

or he's running as a moderate because...he's a moderate

totally agree

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Don't look now but in SC-05 there's 29% of the vote in and the Democrat is still leading...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Youth Decay posted:

Don't look now but in SC-05 there's 29% of the vote in and the Democrat is still leading...

CHAOS REIGNS

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Petr posted:

What message will be sent with a small loss? It's a district Trump won by 1 point, and in a referendum on Trump, he is going to come out with roughly the same margin after 150 days of calamity. The GOP will look at this result as a comfort that they haven't lost any of their voters, and that they should stay the course. Remember, this is an election where the Democrats were able to pour tons of money into the race to outspend the Republican opponent. In 2018, it will be the Democrats who are getting outspent by a huge margin.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Youth Decay posted:

on 538, they're reporting 58% of the vote in and Parnell is losing by 4%

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/877319884018900995

let's all drink some cyanide together

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Astoundingly bad political analysis.

lol ok. i'm sure this, this will be the thing that decides ahca's fate.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
it's been raining all day in west GA as well

my little feist dog just came into my office and took a poo poo very quietly on the hardwood floor several feet behind my computer chair

it made the shape of an O

OSSOFF IS GOING TO WIN

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

It would be amazing if South Carolina ended here.

Parnell winning and 538 showing a >20 point swing toward democrats from prior results.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/georgia-south-carolina-special-elections/

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

TyrantWD posted:

What message will be sent with a small loss? It's a district Trump won by 1 point, and in a referendum on Trump, he is going to come out with roughly the same margin after 150 days of calamity. The GOP will look at this result as a comfort that they haven't lost any of their voters, and that they should stay the course. Remember, this is an election where the Democrats were able to pour tons of money into the race to outspend the Republican opponent. In 2018, it will be the Democrats who are getting outspent by a huge margin.

Margins don't matter, spending doesn't matter. The only thing these pigs understand is losing seats.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

ossoff back to being down about 1k

:kingsley:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

skylined! posted:

it's been raining all day in west GA as well

my little feist dog just came into my office and took a poo poo very quietly on the hardwood floor several feet behind my computer chair

it made the shape of an O

OSSOFF IS GOING TO WIN

No he's not. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

axeil posted:

No he's not. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

you mean my dog poo poo on the floor for nothin'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

gently caress off, I'm drinking it all

• Locked thread