Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Toblerones are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the giant toblerone travels through an entire episode and is slightly plot relevant

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Toblerones in general are a running gag

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OLD. MONEY. FUCKBOYS.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Wark Say posted:

Toblerones are awesome.

My Australian great-uncle gifted us a jar of mini Toblerones, that included white and dark chocolate versions. He is my favorite relative for a reason.

But yeah, I'll watch Neo Yokio, why the gently caress not

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the best toblerones are the teal ones that have sea salt and toasted almonds in them

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Should I instincively poo poo on Jayden Smith's attempt to anime?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Should I instincively poo poo on Jayden Smith's attempt to anime?

no, because he has no involvement with the actual production. he was just tapped to voice act

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

no, because he has no involvement with the actual production. he was just tapped to voice act
I had assumed he was the one behind it. Okaaay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Toblerones are good but also very awkward to eat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

It's got no credited writers or director, and reads a lot like an ego-project for its star. I wouldn't make too many assumptions here.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Darth Walrus posted:

It's got no credited writers or director, and reads a lot like an ego-project for its star. I wouldn't make too many assumptions here.

It's directed by Ezra Koenig.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

ezra koenig is credited as creator and writer and each episode credits whoever storyboarded it. jayden has no credits other than voice acting.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

it was created by Ezra Koneig with Konieg, Nick Weidenfeld and Alexander Benaim writing, what is this conspiracy you made?

Jaden hasn't even really done anything since The Get Down over a year ago which a lot of people like, what the hell Vanity Project poo poo is this

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

who cares about jaden smith, ezra koenig is awful

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah go be mad at him if you want, that actually makes sense, but saying the REAL mastermind is the famous teenager who says silly things on twitter is behind this is wild as hell

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He should go back to singing about cousins or whatever it was that made the music press cream their pants with them and Girls (they both suck to varying degrees, but at least Girls had the decency of just releasing two records and loving off to oblivion, even if the singer dude from that band continues blowing it solo).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

it was created by Ezra Koneig with Konieg, Nick Weidenfeld and Alexander Benaim writing, what is this conspiracy you made?

Jaden hasn't even really done anything since The Get Down over a year ago which a lot of people like, what the hell Vanity Project poo poo is this

Sorry, got it from the ANN review article - Mike Toole is usually a reliable source.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh huh, weird. I trust Mike Toole too, that is weird. I can see how people think this Jaden's Brand, but nah all he did was voice act, and his delivery sometimes is the best part of a scene

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moltrey posted:

Oh huh, weird. I trust Mike Toole too, that is weird. I can see how people think this Jaden's Brand, but nah all he did was voice act, and his delivery sometimes is the best part of a scene

I think it's come from the fact that some of Jaden's other high profile projects (such as Karate Kid and After Earth) have had his parents involved in the production, so there's a definite feel of "trying to make Jaden Smith happen."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Sorry, got it from the ANN review article - Mike Toole is usually a reliable source.

Possibly some weirdness from the review copy they had. Zack mentioned they had a review, but it was under embargo at least a week before the show premiered, maybe it didn't have full credits or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that this was created at all might mean that it worked, and jayden smith happened without anyone realizing it. like a sudden zombie apocalypse.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it's come from the fact that some of Jaden's other high profile projects (such as Karate Kid and After Earth) have had his parents involved in the production, so there's a definite feel of "trying to make Jaden Smith happen."

I can't imagine it's a complete coincidence that Will Smith makes an original movie for Netflix right at the same time they air the anime his son stars in.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'd like Usher to do some VA work please.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The finale for touken ranbu was as awesome as I hoped it would be. I can't wait to see what they do with the movie

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:
That was a fun finale, I thought the first half was pretty funny despite some leery framing and the second half was delightful. I'm going to miss the oddly dry way this show handles it's dialogue and punchlines

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
is the fall season thread going up soon

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Homura and Sickle posted:

Julius decided to bail on last week.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I want Jaden Smith cast as the MC for a live action version of Classroom of the Elite.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I thought Jaden Smith Presents the Karate Kid was alright as a remake. Neo Yokio doesn't sound good, but his involvement isn't the reason why. I'll probably watch it with a friend at some point.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I want Jaden Smith cast as the MC for a live action version of Classroom of the Elite.
Speaking of, did anything actually happen in that show or did it continue as 'Japanese high school, but bullying the outcasts is officially endorsed?'

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 24, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

They're on an island, doing survival games now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Homura and Sickle posted:

If everything works out, it should go up tomorrow night.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Rangpur posted:

I thought Jaden Smith Presents the Karate Kid was alright as a remake. Neo Yokio doesn't sound good, but his involvement isn't the reason why. I'll probably watch it with a friend at some point.

Speaking of, did anything actually happen in that show or did it continue as 'Japanese high school, but bullying the outcasts is officially endorsed?'

THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO KARATE IN THE KARATE KID REMAKE. THEY DID KUNG FU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had forgotten that saving that community center was the goal of Action Heroine Cheer Fruits. They established that in the first episode but I don't think they ever showed that building again and none of the characters aside from Misaki have any emotional connection to it.

The Civiv Center has been such a minor thing that I'm assuming the show will end with them not saving it. Misaki will be sad, but then all the other Cheer Fruits will point out that they built the civic spirit and pride in Hinano that was the goal all along, even without the civic center.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Knorth posted:

:3:
That was a fun finale, I thought the first half was pretty funny despite some leery framing and the second half was delightful. I'm going to miss the oddly dry way this show handles it's dialogue and punchlines

I really didn't like the first half. It just felt gross. If you're going to insist on having an episode like that, save it for an OVA or something. Overall I've enjoyed Centaur's Worries, but I don't know if I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

AOTS:
1. Princess Principal
2. Symphogear AZX
3. My Hero Academia

Best Girl:
(retired and in the best girl hall of fame: Chris Yukine)
1. Dorothy
2. Nina Drango
3-6 Manami & the Chi-chans

Best Boy:
1. FAVAROOOOOOOO
2. Tenya Iida
3. Eiijiro Kirishima

Best Music:
My Hero Academia

Best Animation:
Shingeki No Bahamut - Virgin Soul

Best Symphogear:
Symphogear

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 25, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Eela6 posted:

I really didn't like the first half. It just felt gross. If you're going to insist on having an episode like that, save it for an OVA or something. Overall I've enjoyed Centaur's Worries, but I don't know if I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

That's fair, I thought the overall scene was funny enough but yeah, really didn't need any of those close-ups, like the mermaid bit a few episodes ago. Queen Mitama, Dancer/Priestess Sassu and Witch ...blonde horned friend were pretty terrific though imo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

If everything works out, it should go up tomorrow night.

I hope it works out because i need to pick things

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Julius decided to bail on last week.

He's given up on this whole Rubicon thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

safe pick: children of the whale
risky pick: garo -vanishing line-