Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm interested in Shoukoku no Altair, Vatican Miracle Examiner, Ballroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The pv for Altair seemed interesting. Big turbans

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people interested in Altair, Ottoman Empire fantasy anime sounds interesting to me at least. Is the manga not very good or something?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

they also live in a police state where people that disagree with the majority rule get executed, where anti racism laws mean you can't ride a centaur even if you have permission and where man eating snakes get silently condoned

Ah, XCOM 2

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I just hope it's a passing craze

It's cyclical, something similar was big in the 90s and it goes back at least to Aura Battle Dunbine in 1983

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

To Be Hero was great until the last two episodes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Even that was pretty much entirely due to the writing, it was still pretty well made overall.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I say give Haoliners a chance.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

if i like an anime, I'd call it good.

if something is fun and exciting even if the minute-to-minute plot doesn't make much sense, then that's just because they chose to emphasize something other than detailed plotting. while they could have done that in a way that didn't create holes, I can't fault them for using an animated medium to string together a series of cool, interesting animation sequences. That makes it good.

imo the trainwreck meme is just people being very afraid to say they like a show in spite of its plot holes or weirder moments. if you like kabaneri or valvrave or whatever, just say you like them.

This

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i feel like the phrase would be best used to describe significant production failures, but really the well of it being a useful term in any sense has long been poisoned.

It's best to just junk it altogether. I can probably count the number of actual trainwrecks on my hand and that's if we count Evangelion as one

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My favorite is the anime Galvion, where the toy company sponsoring the show went bankrupt so they made an episode that narrated what would have happened in the series over production stills

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Galaxy Express 999 is my favorite train makes it to the station anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

💀

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Are they releasing the movie on Blu-ray as well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This was one of their anime Mirai shorts and it ruled.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Note that it's called SSSS, as in Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

I miscommunicated, I mean that based on the short, this show will probably rule

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Moltrey posted:

well you see i only watched fooly cooly once ten years ago and i have no interest in watching the sequels. anyway here's why im mad they're being made

They're right

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Reason #1: Adult Swim should have made The Big O Season 3 instead

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think the japanese cook things besides whales.

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

this looks loving terrible

It looks different and I'd rather see them try something new than it look like every other anime ever made

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Seeing the style makes me more interested in it than otherwise since superhero stuff doesn't really appeal to me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

the style looks like a horrible flash filter put over top of generic anime style, its ugly as hell

I watched it on my computer instead of on my phone and wow

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-06/gainax-makes-zero-century-anime-film-trilogy-based-on-leiji-matsumoto-stories/.118490

Gainax is back, baby!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

*clears throat* Made in Apiss

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Viktor, bless his beautiful motherfucking heart, jumps at Yuri K and kisses him in the raddest loving way in episode 7.

We didn't see their lips touch so we can only assume they were smiling platonically

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

*the banging knife and fork on the table meme*

No-mi Jo-shi! No-mi Jo-shi!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-19/crunchyroll-adds-chargeman-ken-anime-streaming/.119058

Finally

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Welcome to the Ballroom We got fun and games

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

lol streaming is dead Sony and Amazon killed it time for fansubs to reign again

Thank God

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Relin posted:

they should sub old shows that will not make them much money, but are untranslated. excluding little kids shows

This, but also kids shows. Norakuro-kun ftw

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj...5B3-op-ed_music

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/896455694660009984

Some Funi Otacon announcements, including Your Name on November 7!

lmfao at that giant speed racer head

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I guess I laugh at it but I'd sincerely buy this if I could find an affordable new set of Giant Robo DVDs

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

utena is pretty good

i hope people don't act like his new show is the savior of lesbians

It might not even be about lesbians at all for all we know

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Maybe he's been inspired by the reboot of Twin Peaks and is bringing back Utena :prepop:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

give me head

You did not just say that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really want an answer to this: why couldn't they just turn their phones sideways

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I mean, its not really animated, so that wouldn't make much of a difference at this point

https://my.mixtape.moe/ptzkxs.webm

It's more like a motion comic. I hope there's a proper adaptation someday

Somehow vertical anime was more disappointing than I could even imagine

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ikuhara has a pretty high bar to clear for his new show lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

March Comes In kind of petered off for me. The Lion King tournament was the last thing to really interest me

• Locked thread